Why isnt hashtag united in the game?

They play in one of the many tenth tier divisions - i.e. four tiers below where FM stops being playable even in England and afaik have never played in the FA Cup proper, or had any player of any significance play for them.

Looks like several other Eastern Counties Division One South club sides aren't in the database and clubs at that level have zero chance of becoming playable in the game proper, but the beauty of the data editor is that someone probably will make a custom database you can use...

I get that they're in like the many tenth tier divisions below but it's still funny that they aren't even there in the database considering that an Indian amateur football club called 'Kuki Sporting Club (Kuki SC)' with an obscure reputation level from my local community is there both in the editor and game (although you can't play them unless you fiddle with the editor).

Edited by kingpinmaddox

A club near me that play in Level 12 are in the game (although largely as a placeholder, no facilities listed).

I assume for that club its licencing reasons though

(by that club I mean Hashtag United)

Edited by Crispypaul
On 02/11/2018 at 22:36, enigmatic said:

They play in one of the many tenth tier divisions - i.e. four tiers below where FM stops being playable even in England and afaik have never played in the FA Cup proper, or had any player of any significance play for them.

Looks like several other Eastern Counties Division One South club sides aren't in the database and clubs at that level have zero chance of becoming playable in the game proper, but the beauty of the data editor is that someone probably will make a custom database you can use...

It is true that they are so many divisions below. However, every year you can still search for the club and they will appear (usually without players).

A friend of mine has been trying to create a level 10 database, but the actual database is broken and many others are having similar issues as I believe SI have completely messed it up this year. Teams being in the wrong district (North/South) is one of the issues, as well as the cup competitions where teams aren't being entered because of the amount of teams in there. There is also an inability to add an extra round to counteract this. Unsure if it will be fixed - unsure if what I have just said is 100% true as I don't really use the editor, but I have been told this by 3/4 separate database creators.

10 hours ago, Crispypaul said:

A club near me that play in Level 12 are in the game (although largely as a placeholder, no facilities listed).

I assume for that club its licencing reasons though

(by that club I mean Hashtag United)

Hashtag are actually sponsored by FM from what I can see, They were announced as partners and Hashtag have "Football Manager" showing in their videos on YT and I am pretty sure they are also on the Hashtag tops as a sponsor.

So I am also pretty surprised they aren't in the game!

I just saw that Tom Wiliams plays for them. Assume that's a PR stunt due to his god awful wife.

I never understood why the Z list media call her a WAG when his career has been spent in the lower leagues

On 02/11/2018 at 22:15, MrLiverpool2012 said:

Considering they are a semi pro team

They aren't. They are amateur, as none of their players get paid for playing for Hashtag - only the manager!

4 minutes ago, Carninho said:

I just saw that Tom Wiliams plays for them. Assume that's a PR stunt due to his god awful wife.

I never understood why the Z list media call her a WAG when his career has been spent in the lower leagues

I bet he's had a better career than you...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 02/11/2018 at 18:36, enigmatic said:

Isn't there like a way to make FM19 go all the way down to like tier 22 or something? Maybe not that far, but I've heard of that...

1 minute ago, Sambamtime said:

Isn't there like a way to make FM19 go all the way down to like tier 22 or something? Maybe not that far, but I've heard of that...

yes, but none of the database files include the real team. hashtag is not in the database at all so the modders have to create a team which is no more than a shell. I was actually really hopeful that the HTU team from the demo would get included in the winter update but was very disappointed

Just now, jcp1417 said:

yes, but none of the database files include the real team. hashtag is not in the database at all so the modders have to create a team which is no more than a shell. I was actually really hopeful that the HTU team from the demo would get included in the winter update but was very disappointed

Ohhhh! That makes sense. So the leagues and stuff are there, but Hashtag isn't?

If that's the case, FM has to include them in the database. When first getting FM19 (at least for me), the background was legit Hashtag United kits hanging on kit racks.

Just now, Sambamtime said:

Ohhhh! That makes sense. So the leagues and stuff are there, but Hashtag isn't?

If that's the case, FM has to include them in the database. When first getting FM19 (at least for me), the background was legit Hashtag United kits hanging on kit racks.

yeah i really don't understand why they are not included now. maybe next year. I really wanted to play with the real team for more than one season

8 hours ago, Sambamtime said:

You can get mods that go down to tier 22. But you can probably get mods that include Hashtag United (edit: in fact there's a "Hashtag United challenge" showing on my Steam homepage now, though it looks like a one-season only gimmick. Actually, the fact they apparently needed licenses for this is probably part of the problem..)

Edited by enigmatic
  • 3 months later...

On 08/11/2018 at 11:23, Scotty Walds said:

They aren't. They are amateur, as none of their players get paid for playing for Hashtag - only the manager!

an amateur team doesn't even pay there manager

On 10/06/2019 at 18:01, Ltagames said:

an amateur team doesn't even pay there manager

Yes, but I'm being specific. Hashtag pay their manager, as he also acts as their club secretary. They are amateur players.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/06/2019 at 06:28, Scotty Walds said:

Yes, but I'm being specific. Hashtag pay their manager, as he also acts as their club secretary. They are amateur players.

hashtag is a semi pro club then