Sports Interactive Community
celticfan

Selecting "Roles" in Squad Depth Report

When I browse to "Team Report" from the left hand menu and select "Squad Depth" from the top menu I am presented with menus for

•  Show
  • Formation
  • Roles
  • Opinion Of
  • Customizations
  • Filtered

When I select "Show" as "All (Current Ability)", Formation (current formation - a saved one) the "Roles" menu is disabled and only allows the option "Player's best role".

This is with the "Opinion Of" being my assistant manager and the "Customization" On or Off.

I would expect to be able to select any one of the options under the "Roles" menu.  In fact it's never possible (to the best that I can tell) to alter this.

image.thumb.png.85206dbf2e9adb47cd58620fa62d1e52.png

This should work when you select 'Role Suitability' from the first dropdown menu, this will enable the Roles dropdown. When you have say, 'Currently ability' selected there aren't any roles being displaying on the tactics screen.

20 hours ago, Luke Rumble said:

This should work when you select 'Role Suitability' from the first dropdown menu, this will enable the Roles dropdown. When you have say, 'Currently ability' selected there aren't any roles being displaying on the tactics screen.

Thanks for this Luke - the functionality you describe does work.

However I was looking to see the coaches rating of the Current Ability in the selected roles.  I believe this functionality was present in FM Touch 2018. 

I make use of this functionality to determine the roles to use in my tactic, based on how well my current players can perform in those roles. 

An example from playing the game - I have selected a 4-1-4-1 DM Wide formation (or 433 where there's a DM and the two wide midfield players play on the AM line).  I wanted to select the 3 central midfield roles (including the DM one) to create balance in the tactic, but also to best utilize the players in the squad.

I initially selected

DM - Ball Winning Midfielder (Defend)

MC - Mezzala (Support)

MC - DLP (Defend)

However, as Celtic, I found that the players at my disposal don't suit the Ball Winning Midfielder role in the DM position.  In FM Touch 2018, a Star Rating for the players suitability in the role was provided.  In FM Touch 2019, I need to look at a combination of Role Suitability and my own judgement on ability. 

Once I did this, I changed the roles

DM - DLP (D)

MC - B2B

MC - Mezz

This could be clearer by providing the star rating for the currently selected roles in the tactic.

Thanks,

John

Here are a couple of screenshots to highlight what I believe has changed from Football Manager 2018 Touch and Football Manager Touch 2018

FMT 2018

Note her ethat the "Roles" drop down says "Currently selected roles for tactic" and the "Show" drop down is "All (Current Ability)"

FM2018_StarRatingForRoles.thumb.PNG.30529751378785fa86082e6608b7afcc.PNG

FMT 2019

Now in this case, the "Roles" drop down says "Players best role" and the "Show" drop down is "All (Current Ability)".  I cannot select another option for "Roles".

FM2019_StarRating_OnlyBestRole.thumb.PNG.ec907859752b4809b7bdacdb7d86d3af.PNG

I would expect the same configuration is available in FMT 2019 as was in 2018 (i.e. star rating for current tactic roles).