Sports Interactive Community
Travis Bickle

[FM19] Cyprus - Full Football League System, Database Update and More

15 hours ago, phanos said:

I live in Cyprus, so I knew these rules apply, but I am translating straight from page 50 of the rules for the current season.

Division 1

Every team must have a list A and LIST B of it's current players. They can register up to 25 PROFESSIONAL players that are older than 22 (so under 22 rule) on the !st of Jan 2018 to the A list. Of those 25, at least 10 players must have been registered in a team that is a member of the CFA before turning 18, or else their places in the squad must remain vacant. (there are some stuff about registration date that you have more or less accurately, other that the final day to register free players is the 7th of September, or else in January's transfer window until1st of Feb). Changes outside the transfer windows  are allowed only if you have a GK that will be injured for more than 3 months, after you obtain permit from the CFA( you are allowed to sign a free GK). 4 changes in the list are allowed during the January window (4 transfers), if you have free space or you de-register someone.

2 players in the STARTING LINEUP must be Homegrown in nation as I described above, or you have to pay 2.000 euro fine for every player you have less (so 4000 if you don't use any. No rule for 3 nation grown in the match squad. UPDATE, there is a rule of 3 players that CAN be called to the Cypriot national team (this is the exact wording) otherwise, either you leave places open, or you pay a 5000 euro fine

In list B you can register any number of players under 22, nationgrown or not. If you register a non EU player, it counts against your limit of 5. (Strangely, the limit of 5 foreigners is not mentioned earlier in this years rules, as far as I've seen). you can add players (up to two per game)  up to 48 hours before a game in your B list. Non EU players MUST be professional.

You can use any players registered in either list for your match squad (of 20 players).

This is the link for Division A, unfortunately in Greek https://www.cfa.com.cy/images/DownloadsGr/CYTA17 web-2017-2018.pdf

This is the page where you can find all rules for all divisions (just select Προκυρηξεις in then drop down menu)

For second division, you can have up to 16 professionals over 22, no non EU, 10 homegrown in squad, no amateurs over 22 that weren't nationgrown, unlimited number of amateurs over or under 22, free players up to the 8th (not 7th) of September and 2 professional transfers over 22 in january (if you have space or deregister someone)

Sorry, but I don't care enough about lower divisions to translate the rules here

Thank you very much for your help. 

The link you provided was for the 2017-2018 season, I'm happy to trust your word but I think there was an update to the squad registration rules for 2018-2019. I took my information from this link:

https://www.cfa.com.cy/Gr/news/34436

The First Division used to be 22 professional players registered and they raised it to 25. I assumed the same would apply for the Second Division but I can lower it. 

The issue is that these rules are quite complicate to implement 100% in the FM editor, even using the Advanced Editor. You cannot create an "A" and "B" list for registration so in this case leaving it so that U22 players can always be picked is the next most accurate thing. I'm going to try and accurately implement this but it's tough. 

Check your PMs. 

EDIT: https://www.cfa.com.cy/images/DownloadsGr/CYTA18-19web.pdf This is for the current season. Let me try and go through it. 

EDIT EDIT: Seems your information is mostly right so thanks. Will go ahead and make the changes (although not all of them are possible like the A and B List) as well as some other changes I found in the document. 

Edited by Travis Bickle

On 31/01/2019 at 11:48, Travis Bickle said:

Thank you very much for your help. 

The link you provided was for the 2017-2018 season, I'm happy to trust your word but I think there was an update to the squad registration rules for 2018-2019. I took my information from this link:

https://www.cfa.com.cy/Gr/news/34436

The First Division used to be 22 professional players registered and they raised it to 25. I assumed the same would apply for the Second Division but I can lower it. 

The issue is that these rules are quite complicate to implement 100% in the FM editor, even using the Advanced Editor. You cannot create an "A" and "B" list for registration so in this case leaving it so that U22 players can always be picked is the next most accurate thing. I'm going to try and accurately implement this but it's tough. 

Check your PMs. 

EDIT: https://www.cfa.com.cy/images/DownloadsGr/CYTA18-19web.pdf This is for the current season. Let me try and go through it. 

EDIT EDIT: Seems your information is mostly right so thanks. Will go ahead and make the changes (although not all of them are possible like the A and B List) as well as some other changes I found in the document. 

Sorry, I linked the wrong page, I was using the 2018-19 one when I was translating. Thanks for your attention to detail.

2 hours ago, phanos said:

Sorry, I linked the wrong page, I was using the 2018-19 one when I was translating. Thanks for your attention to detail.

The rules I have included are as accurate as I can make them. The A & B list thing are not workable in the editor, the 2 professional transfers for the Second Division in January is also impossible to get right. From my perspective this is as accurate as anyone is going to get. 

I have included some more information too, like the minimum seating capacity for the First Division. 

I thank you for your help.

If you know any loan rules that exist please let me know. 

https://community.sigames.com/topic/454213-fm19-cyprus-full-football-league-system-database-update-and-more/?do=findComment&comment=11576539

FM won't pick up this fmf file for some reason?

It won’t appear alongside all my other fmf files when creating a new game.

On 14/02/2019 at 09:15, Kanwulf said:

It won’t appear alongside all my other fmf files when creating a new game.

Really? I've never heard of anyone else having this problem. I am sorry you are experiencing this but I really don't know what could be causing it

On 16/02/2019 at 13:52, Theodoros Yiorkas said:

Which is the latest version of the league to download until now?

Thank you.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/454213-fm19-cyprus-full-football-league-system-database-update-and-more/?do=findComment&comment=11576539

I won't be releasing any more updates until after the patch to make sure all is compatible. 

Edited by Travis Bickle

Yeah. It’s more than likely an issue in my side, but I thought I would mention it just in case others appear to have the issue (which, I guess they don’t lol)

On 09/04/2019 at 16:20, Broxi_1873 said:

never played in cyprus before,might give this a bash

By all means I believe it's worth it :)

You could continue building APOEL into a team capable of deep European runs, or turn Anorthosis/Apollon/AEK/Omonoia into Cypriot powerhouses that build in Europe, or there's loads of smaller teams that you could give a go. Help Pafos build a strong team it's never had for example. 

Hello Travis!

That's some ****ing decent work if I say so myself! Just a question: is the inclusion of the fourth division in the pipeline or not? If not, what's holding it back?

Just a tad curious about the world of FM editing!

3 hours ago, zanchin said:

Hello Travis!

That's some ****ing decent work if I say so myself! Just a question: is the inclusion of the fourth division in the pipeline or not? If not, what's holding it back?

Just a tad curious about the world of FM editing!

Cheers mate, 

There's two obstacles. Firstly, there's almost zero players below the top second division teams and I think adding another league of greyed out players is not good for the in-game database. I need help collecting correct positions of players in the lower divisions. Secondly, I cannot completely figure out the STOK (regional lower leagues) competitions so it's hard to know how to implement promotions/relegations properly. If I have more support I hope to implement it for FM20. 

14 ore fa, Travis Bickle ha scritto:

Cheers mate, 

There's two obstacles. Firstly, there's almost zero players below the top second division teams and I think adding another league of greyed out players is not good for the in-game database. I need help collecting correct positions of players in the lower divisions. Secondly, I cannot completely figure out the STOK (regional lower leagues) competitions so it's hard to know how to implement promotions/relegations properly. If I have more support I hope to implement it for FM20. 

Oh I see! I would love to help but I don't have much time on my hands

You're doing God's work, trust me! 

2 hours ago, zanchin said:

Oh I see! I would love to help but I don't have much time on my hands

You're doing God's work, trust me! 

Thank you! And thank you for being understanding regarding the proposed edits. I would have loved to have done everything for this year but time didn't permit me. Now I have a file to work from for FM20 I can just focus on fleshing out the data. 

I must say I do feel my file is incredibly accurate and I put a lot of work into it so all responses are appreciated.

Hey guys can someone post it on a free site? It says that I must have a premium account to download the leagues so please if you can post another link I would be so grateful. Thank you in advance!

On 08/05/2019 at 19:56, Andronikos98 said:

Hey guys can someone post it on a free site? It says that I must have a premium account to download the leagues so please if you can post another link I would be so grateful. Thank you in advance!

Hey man, I lost the file. If you want the V3 file it's still on Steam Workshop. I need to update that back to V3.2 (New training ground for Pafos, fix Deryneia kits). Let me know if it works. 

You'd have to add the league to the advanced rules and set it up.