Football Manager 2019 Touch Official Feedback Thread

I'm not one to grumble about the lack of editor (or maybe I am now), but I'm sick of having promising young players rendered basically useless to me by unbelievably low determination. I'm sorry but there's no way that these particular kids would be highly rated defenders in one of the best academies in England, if they had no determination to get back in the game when the chips were down. Some flightly winger, sure, but not a centre back and a left back.

I might be wrong but I'm guessing that the database just leaves these values at 0, and thus random, but that they don't have enough CA to get a decent score in determination, or something. I really wish this would get fixed.

20190418204323_1.thumb.jpg.f8636e1a88f4293058bebde06828a2ca.jpg20190418204346_1.thumb.jpg.1be8ad836cc8da0448b79334cd0ee0bb.jpg

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, gibboisgod said:

I've played FMT19 since release. Admittedly I'm on iPad but the game is the same I believe - I'll try and answer your questions as best I can:

1. You can revert to a classic/retro skin. On iPad we have the choice of the new skin or the classic one - I haven't tried the classic skin so not sure if its white or not but I imagine it would be.

2.The shift has happened this year. Takes a while to get used to but it's not really a big issue for me. I took the tutorials to get to grips with it properly. 

3. You can customise your view on the "match analysis" tab so you can see the information you want to on the main screen (pitch in background but you don't see the game. 

4. Just hit the Pitch tab at the top next to "match Analysis"

5. I play on iPad and have had no issues with lagging between highlights and runs smoothly so can't comment on PC version.

6. Again never had an issue with the ME stuttering on iPad

7.  I normally use sideline as my default pitch view, have you tried this one?

I really like this version as it suits my needs and love the new tactics setup. As its touch there is no familiarity issue so every tactic should work quickly so you can test different roles as you go. 

I don't understand why you would want to upload a tactic that used to work in years gone by? Football is evolving and so is the game. Fair enough if you don't care about a Mezzala, but you still need to know what they do when an opponent uses one. May even be a good thing for you? You sound like Sam Allardyce!

Hope you stick with it!

Allardyce?!?!?  As a lifelong Hammer I am insulted!!!!  :cool:   Seriously many thanks much appreciated,.  Sorted a couple of bits out by reading your hints and changing back to the official skin as the fan made white was hiding some buttons!  Sadly the Retro skin is just as dark but not to worry,.  Temporarily had some relief with the lagging by downloading an "old" NVidia driver but how long that will last I am not sure.  I think there may be some link with leaving the game to go to the desktop and then back to the game but not sure but it's definitely an issue between Nvidia and the game itself.

As for the roles and tactics I guess I'll just have to take some time to study them.  I just liked the 4132 I played with in FM17.  Played lovely football, was a balanced mentality, was a good shape for my squad and most of all strikers actually scored!!!  This seems to be a difficulty I am finding so far.

Must say though I just find that FM17's ME had a far smoother feel to it, at the moment I am finding (bar strikers not scoring) a lot of passes etc with unrealistic bend and swerve on them and an incredible amount of shots hitting posts and bar,.

**Just played another game and it's hit me, it reminds me of pinball.  Don't think this is going to grow on me TBH, thinking I might just start all over on 17.

Edited by Sussex Hammer

Im playing on ipad but i purchased something from the store and it kicked me off the game and has not let me back on since it just turns off when on the black loading screen. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling app i have also wiped my ipad and redownloaded still doesnt work. It took the money out of my account for the new stadium but never let me play since. Please help

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Pbtz said:

Im playing on ipad but i purchased something from the store and it kicked me off the game and has not let me back on since it just turns off when on the black loading screen. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling app i have also wiped my ipad and redownloaded still doesnt work. It took the money out of my account for the new stadium but never let me play since. Please help

Report the issue here please: https://community.sigames.com/forum/654-bugs-found-on-ios/

FM Touch 19 brought me back to FM. I’m what you might consider a vet, reaching back to the glorious CM2/3 days. After the series had rebranded, I fell out. There was nothing I could care less about than press conferences, media, team talks, detailed training and player interaction. I’d rather build a hot dog stand, USM98 style, than spend hours on this.

Recent Classic/Touch modes were still too much with the absurd - my opinion - “fluidity/philosophy” setting (it’s just football, for Chrissakes), too much interaction and lack of possibility to train a new position. What, too fun for FM?

FM Touch 19 is the best yet, by far. I leave team training and much of the stuff to the staff and focus on games and tactics. I don’t care about the lack of U21 squads, I love the staff streamlining. I even go to the lengths of leaving transfers to the DoF: I might ask for a player or to renew a contract, but the task is totally up to him. Real life, no?

There’s still one thing missing, and it’s a big one: editor data. What I loved about FM the most were Claasen’s world league updates and journeyman saves, managing sides in Nepal, Palestine and Sudan.

If you can give me this, I’ll love you back. But still, with FMT19 you have finally given me a game I can okay.

Edited by goalash

Interesting how FM always divides opinion.  Have played a couple of seasons now and have deleted the save whereas FM17 I am still going 20 odd years in.  To me 19 is the most disappointing FM I have played.  Many incarnations have had their problems but by the final patch the ME is at least playable however I am shocked at how bad this ME is after the final patch.  Does anyone have a way to get your strikers scoring at all?!?!?!  I've tried to implement my 17 tactic which was great for me but as so many settings have changed it seems impossible to replicate.  It was a 4132 fluid/balanced but I can't even get a shot in let alone a goal!  Looking at the tactic forums it seems most people (I may be wrong) are just playing attacking tactics and relying on weird shapes or exploits  to get goals from elsewhere.  I've tried all sorts of formations and roles and just can't get a striker to put the ball in the net.  Anyone having any luck?! 

Edited by Sussex Hammer

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Sussex Hammer said:

Interesting how FM always divides opinion.  Have played a couple of seasons now and have deleted the save whereas FM17 I am still going 20 odd years in.  To me 19 is the most disappointing FM I have played.  Many incarnations have had their problems but by the final patch the ME is at least playable however I am shocked at how bad this ME is after the final patch.  Does anyone have a way to get your strikers scoring at all?!?!?!  I've tried to implement my 17 tactic which was great for me but as so many settings have changed it seems impossible to replicate.  It was a 4132 fluid/balanced but I can't even get a shot in let alone a goal!  Looking at the tactic forums it seems most people (I may be wrong) are just playing attacking tactics and relying on weird shapes or exploits  to get goals from elsewhere.  I've tried all sorts of formations and roles and just can't get a striker to put the ball in the net.  Anyone having any luck?! 

Play to your teams strengths where the strikers will actually get some supply and you'll have no issues at all. You need to set up the roles and mentality effectively to create good goalscoring chances.

I went from direct counter attacking style (442) to wing play (442) and seeing much more coming from my strikers, when before, midfielders were getting the lion's share.

But there's no point asking for generic tips, you should post your team and system on the Tactics forum and you can get much more tailored advice there. It's all going to be specific to your own circumstances.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone had any success at all with getting strikers firing?  Their movement seems well off and I've tried many a set up but they all seem to play the same with wide midfielders and central mids the main goal threat whichever set up you use.  Also once again any of the AM strata seems ineffective so has anyone had any success with forwards or AM's?

Played my last game. Looking forward to the next iteration even though I’ve found the last two to be very poor indeed (basically because the match has been screwed up). It’s the summer anyway so should be playing cricket manager..if it exists.

i hope SI get the next game right, it’s a bit boring now. I know they try hard and mistakes aren’t deliberate but please focus on making the match more pleasant to watch and much less repetitive (1000 crosses per game for example)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I have played a Test Season with numerous formations, roles, mentalities etc and have to say the ME in FM19 is extremely poor and I cannot understand how you can go from being "nearly there" in FM17 to the dull mess that is 19.  Sorry if that's harsh but is anyone anywhere actually playing a game where strikers have movement and score goals,  have players that make crosses that don't spin of a defenders legs constantly or have players that can actually play through balls through the middle?  You only have to look at all the Tactics Forums to see that they are overloaded with attacking 451's and 442's that only produce results because the midfielders score goals and the strikers render a team one or two short because the strikers do so little,.  It's like playing with 9 or 10 men.  Never have I seen forums so devoid of tactical ideas.  You usually have a great collective hub of ideas and discussion but even the top tactical brains seem to play a high line attacking tactic where the goals come from anywhere bar strikers,.  I am sure someone will come by and say they have a tactic where the strikers score 20-30 goals a year as there are a few who have posted such comments elsewhere but it's never backed up with a tactic for others to try and prove the doomsayers wrong!!

It's such a pity because 17 was terrific but 19 is a giant leap backwards where SI seem to be so focused on every other aspect of the game they overlook the ME but in football the game is the main event.  What's the point in training, developing, purchasing if players can't actually do what you want to on the pitch?

I'm hoping to stumble on a plug and play that might bring something different otherwise I'll start another 20 year save on 17 and wait for the last patch next year to see if 20 is an improvement.  Such a pity as 19 for me has the worst ME since FM began.

On 27/04/2019 at 06:56, goalash said:

FM Touch 19 brought me back to FM. I’m what you might consider a vet, reaching back to the glorious CM2/3 days. After the series had rebranded, I fell out. There was nothing I could care less about than press conferences, media, team talks, detailed training and player interaction. I’d rather build a hot dog stand, USM98 style, than spend hours on this.

Recent Classic/Touch modes were still too much with the absurd - my opinion - “fluidity/philosophy” setting (it’s just football, for Chrissakes), too much interaction and lack of possibility to train a new position. What, too fun for FM?

FM Touch 19 is the best yet, by far. I leave team training and much of the stuff to the staff and focus on games and tactics. I don’t care about the lack of U21 squads, I love the staff streamlining. I even go to the lengths of leaving transfers to the DoF: I might ask for a player or to renew a contract, but the task is totally up to him. Real life, no?

There’s still one thing missing, and it’s a big one: editor data. What I loved about FM the most were Claasen’s world league updates and journeyman saves, managing sides in Nepal, Palestine and Sudan.

If you can give me this, I’ll love you back. But still, with FMT19 you have finally given me a game I can okay.

Does the latest Touch include any African leagues other than South Africa? I've been enjoying the Women's World Cup and the Africa Cup, and feeling the urge to buy the latest Touch. The last version I bought was the FM14 version. 

I started playing this game back when it was called CM 01/02. I've always thought the AI has an unrealistic advantage...cheats, in other words. Soccer tactics don't change radically from year to year in real life. It seems to me that much of the discussion here about "tactics" is actually about unrealistic tricks to fool the AI.

The cut down version was something I had hoped for for many years. But only having one African league is a real negative. With an editor, at least the player could create leagues, fictional or otherwise, in African countries. I would love to be able to create a fictional African super league. And yes, I  too would love to manage sides in Nepal, Sudan and Palestine!

But from what people are saying here, there's still no editor. It looks like there isn't going to be one in my lifetime. (I'm in my 60s)

A soccer management sim as playable and moddable as OOTP Baseball...What a dream game that would be!!!

Edited by Antonin

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Switch = Nintendo

Steam = Valve.

You buy from different stores for different platforms.

On 17/05/2019 at 09:21, Sussex Hammer said:

Anyone had any success at all with getting strikers firing?  Their movement seems well off and I've tried many a set up but they all seem to play the same with wide midfielders and central mids the main goal threat whichever set up you use.  Also once again any of the AM strata seems ineffective so has anyone had any success with forwards or AM's?

The final patch screwed the game up am not even playing it again. My team will take like 33 shots and like 19 on goal with Mbappe who had already score over 700 goals for me and yet no goal now. Funny is if you close the game and reopen it during a match and just continue from were the match was all the chances your players missed will have entered. Let me give you an example: Manchester United vs Wolves in the 70th min 0-0 close the game then reopen and just continue from that 70th min, when the game loads the score chance to 5-0. My team was leading all the clear cut chance they missed before now registered as goals. I have complained in the bug section but no update. If these 19.3.4 version is the last update then no FM for me till FMT20 😭😭😭. It happens every match have stopped playing. 

• 1 month later...

I've just started a save with Besiktas and I'm coming up to the first international break. I'm unable to adjust my budgets. I have 9m to spend on players and I have 860k p/w on wages. The club is spending around 859k p/w so I'd like to increase my wage budget as I'm not making any transfers in the first window. However, the slider is greyed out with the reason that "the board will not allow you to adjust budgets because of financial fair play constraints". Has anyone else faced this issue?

As a final feedback I would honestly say that the game has been ruined by a quite poor ME this year with regard to strikers and their movement and some quite woeful defending.  SI were so close with FM17 to such an extent that I bypassed 18 to continue playing 17 and was hoping that 19 would be another leap forward but that's not the case it has gone backwards.

SI need to stop adding pointless new features and concentrate on getting things right with tactics and the Match Engine after all that's what everything in the game builds up to, the match day.  IRL you might find that travelling to the game is pain free, the stadium may be wonderful, hot dogs a delight, view fantastic, seat comfortable, weather great and you might not have to queue for the train or on the roads afterwards but if the game is poor it ruins the experience and it's the same with FM, all the peripherals could be great but if the ME is poor then the enjoyment goes out of the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Contemplating buying a Switch just to play this as my circumstances have changed and don’t have the time to play the full version on my laptop anymore. 

I enjoy doing the challenges on the challenge threads here ie. dafuge and world challenge etc but have read that once you’ve chosen three leagues from set up you can’t adjust in game?

all the other gripes that I’ve read I can live with (although teamtalks and shouts in matches would be nice) but anything else I should know before I invest heavily just to play?

There are things that are annoying, hopefully they are fixed in the next release:

• Controls are not always optimized for Switch; in some screens, you have button shortcuts (e.g. Y to confirm, B to cancel), in some you don't and you have to press the button on the screen
  • There are no team-talks, but morale and all that goes with it is still present in the game; you AM will sometimes tell you that players are complacent, for instance, but you can't do anything about it; I don't know how the game handles it then
  • There is no financial fair play, according to one of the in-game tips; I don't get why you would remove it from the Touch version
  • The 3D is choppy, at least in handheld mode
  • FM 18 on Switch wasn't fully patched, like other releases; probably the main gripe, if the plan on (not) supporting it again this year, then I'm skipping the purchase

That said, the game runs fast and smooth, and is as good a time killer as any other release of FM. I used to play a LOT on my laptop, but I switched (heh) to this and I'm not having any less fun (or any less frustration, for that matter). So I'd recommend it.

[edit] SI replied here that the Switch version this year will have the same support as other editions.

Edited by Zoolok42

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be possible to add the ability to change attribute colours on the Football Manager Touch 2020 Switch version? Like on the main FM you can change skin colours in the preferences.

If not, then can we get more than one skin with the Switch version? As there is no way to edit any graphics (logos, kits, skins) with the Switch version.. I think it would be better to come with the default 3 skins like the normal versions, as there will never be another way to change the skin on the Switch.

I like to change up the appearance from time to time after a long time of playing..

Also, I really enjoyed the Switch version.. nice work :) With travelling a lot this year , been really nice to just pass the time with the Switch version.

On 16/09/2019 at 12:01, SkiIIs said:

Contemplating buying a Switch just to play this as my circumstances have changed and don’t have the time to play the full version on my laptop anymore. 

I enjoy doing the challenges on the challenge threads here ie. dafuge and world challenge etc but have read that once you’ve chosen three leagues from set up you can’t adjust in game?

all the other gripes that I’ve read I can live with (although teamtalks and shouts in matches would be nice) but anything else I should know before I invest heavily just to play?

You're unable to adjust your leagues once you've started a game, and it's currently restricted to 3 Nations on the Switch. But this may, or may not, change with FMT20.

You can perform "shouts in matches", unless you mean something else? You're able to amend your tactics via the quick shouts during a match - if this is what you mean?

Things to consider for FMT on Switch:

1. It saves prior to each game, and this cannot be overridden (overrode?)

2. It's instantly available to pick-up and play due to the Switch's handy sleep mode.

3. I've experienced no performance issues on the Switch.

4. Touch controls are built-in.

5. You're not able to add logo packs.

6. It's a fast way to play, seasons fly by.

7. Once you buy a Switch you'll want to spend on other excellent games on the platform, so factor this into your decision. :) 

It's the main way I play these days, now we have the boy, it's ideal to just have FM so readily available when you have limited spare time to play.

"all the other gripes advantages that I’ve read I can live with"  <- fixed that for you :) 

Edited by rich10