Football Manager 2019 Touch Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My goodness the injuries are still making the game not so enjoyable aren’t they. I’ve got a squad of 22 and 7 are out injured. A couple of those for months which in effect rules them out for the season. It’s daft. Also, I know that when they start to come back into action, another player will take some sort of knock and be out for months. They want it to be as realistic as possible but come on - it is a game after all. On FMT 18 I had three left backs in the squad and all three were out of action at the same time and 19 is not much different. Sometimes I go to fire the game up but then think about those constant injuries and don’t bother. Such a shame. Maybe some of you players enjoy the challenge of having players out injured but I don’t.

Before anyone says it - I keep the training schedule at an ok level and give rest days to those at an increased risk. Also I try to rotate the squad a bit (which is obviously hard to do when there’s so many players out already injured). 

Is it just me or do players rarely retire from international football this edition? I have currently two saves, one in July 2023 and one in July 2022, and in both saves only a handful of (high-profile) players have retired from international football. I know not every player retires from the national team until their mid or late 30's or even retire from football altogether after an international tournament, but almost everyone? The squads in 2023 are still mostly the same as they were at the start of the game.
In one save Ramos retired in July 2021, which I thought was weird too.

On 21/11/2018 at 23:42, MrManagerMan said:

My goodness the injuries are still making the game not so enjoyable aren’t they. I’ve got a squad of 22 and 7 are out injured. A couple of those for months which in effect rules them out for the season. It’s daft. Also, I know that when they start to come back into action, another player will take some sort of knock and be out for months. They want it to be as realistic as possible but come on - it is a game after all. On FMT 18 I had three left backs in the squad and all three were out of action at the same time and 19 is not much different. Sometimes I go to fire the game up but then think about those constant injuries and don’t bother. Such a shame. Maybe some of you players enjoy the challenge of having players out injured but I don’t.

Before anyone says it - I keep the training schedule at an ok level and give rest days to those at an increased risk. Also I try to rotate the squad a bit (which is obviously hard to do when there’s so many players out already injured). 

They've fixed the injury bug, such as it was. It's pretty annoying for me now, as I hardly get any injuries at all after this. Last season I had 15 in total and 8 of those were for less than a week, meaning I had lots of players moaning about not getting first team football. 

On 23/11/2018 at 19:07, mozza79 said:

Has the ghost goals been fixed on commentary or at least down to an acceptable level yet?

Just booted one up and that will be a no. Can't believe this has not been sorted by now, at least half the goals scored just appear without any notice goal flash or commentary...makes it unplayable if you play it in this way. Back to 2018 again.

On 24/11/2018 at 14:24, janihotspurs said:

anyone notice, the players career history stats only shows league games? and we cant click on the previous year. i have played and finished 1 season and im into the 2nd season but the player career history stats annoys me big time. are they going to fix this?

I have noticed this too. Perhaps itll get fixed in an update?

On 22/11/2018 at 00:45, MrManagerMan said:

Also I’ve had a problem twice now where just before a game, the team on the tactics section is different to the team when I minimise the tactics screen. Although the team is the correct starting eleven when the match starts. 

Not sure what u mean here

On 25/11/2018 at 22:27, Gretwee said:

Not sure what u mean here

I mean the team on the image of the football pitch with shirt images (where, like I said, you do the tactics) has twice been different to the team in the listed team sheet on the right hand side of my screen after I minimise the pitch image. I’d take a screenshot but I’ve deleted the game and gone back to FMT 2017.

On 19/11/2018 at 16:45, Stephatos said:

Corner set pieces are still overpowered, friend is scoring 3 a game by aiming for the backpost (I score one per game by aiming in 6 yard box)

I'd just like to say this is still an issue, both me and my friend see way too many corner goals and its starting to affect my experience. I would be 2-0 up vs watford and they would score 2 goals from corners with the same player in one half, and it happens so often that I just wonder why no ones saying anything other than me.

If nothing is done im just going to instant result games all together because this match engine is unwatchable

here's more testimonials.
image.thumb.png.7452ca26feb096d1461ba942cb729fd6.png

Edited by Stephatos

On 24/11/2018 at 20:44, mozza79 said:

Just booted one up and that will be a no. Can't believe this has not been sorted by now, at least half the goals scored just appear without any notice goal flash or commentary...makes it unplayable if you play it in this way. Back to 2018 again.

This is a joke- I cant believe they make a game that isnt playable and just ignore their customers. I wish there was an alternative- Id buy it in a heartbeat. 

I am a veteran of the series. And last season, after all the problems, the main one remained - the home favorite with odds over 1 to 3 cannot lose. Yes, and draw in a complete problem. In this regard, I refused to buy the main version of this season, and this is unlikely that it has changed and more or less the real odds on the outcome within the game have nothing to do with the real result. Bought a touch version on iOS. And the result - a few dozen matches Manchester United against Bournemouth (1 to 4 coeff ingame) All home team wins and only one draw 0-0. Shots 30+ in the home team against 2-5 in the opponent. Do you disrespect Bournemouth so much? Horror. Okay, this is a special case. Friendly games with Milan, Bavaria, Monaco. 30+ punches at Manchester. Crushing victories. And famous rivals are just extras. One gets the feeling that the game has turned into an encyclopedia of football, and not a simulator. The game engine has nothing to do with football.((

Le 03/11/2018 à 19:05, Guthrie a dit :

I'm playing on Android (Nvidia Shield K1).

It definitely feels like a step up from previous versions. I've only played a few quick challenges to get a feel for it but everything appears to be more responsive while the interface is intuitive and a good use of screen real estate (my tablet is 8").

I was dubious about the tactical overhaul but the playing styles are very distinct and it makes it easy to quickly create your own approach. The move to being able to adjust your mentality in possession, in transition and off the ball is a good one and you can see opposing styles reflected in games.

The thing I found most striking are the games (3D). The easiest way to describe the change is games are more unpredictable. There are more turnovers through tackling, pressing and poor passes. There are more deflections and ricochets. The keepers spill the ball back into play more. It leads to more moves breaking down and teams scrambling to retrieve the ball. This is particularly pleasing when you get a bit of chaos in the box when the ball is spilled out, deflected or hits the woodwork. In prior versions this would be a simple binary case of defender clears or attacker gets the rebound. This time there seems to be more variables involved (or at least rendered) which makes watching games more realistic.

I'm impressed particularly given how smooth the entire experience is on what is an older tablet. Good job.

Edit: Forget to mention the vanishing spray is a nice touch!  Torrent TurboTax Gogoanime

As I said in the thread that lead to the creation of this thread  ................The M.E. looks fantastic on my Huawei M5, really smooth. Think this is the year I finally stick with 3D instead of reverting to 2.D. Love playing the Bundesliga as well........ 

Edited by KOUKIPILO

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
14 hours ago, ifthenwouldi said:

Same problem here.

It's a bug. Either the default schedules need changing or players in FMT shouldn't moan about individual aspects of training like in previous versions.

Has anyone every had any luck in convincing a player to back down from requesting a new contract considering he has sufficient time left?

In my Roma save, I have Lorenzo Pellegrini who is on decent pay of 56k p/w till 2022 and asks for a new contract after some decent form. I say he has sufficient time left on his deal but he refuses. This seems to work better on full FM, maybe because of the presence of managerial attributes like "Level of Discipline" and "Man Management"?

How do I stop the director of football employing someone who I’ve not even wanted? As now I’ve got too use money that was kept for transfers to get ride of him 

0AF26A83-096C-433E-A5C9-3B42059A685B.png

Edited by zakbrown96

I think this is a bug. It happened to me on my Inter save. I lost my assistant to Fiorentina and placed an advert. However, my DoF went out and hired Rui Faria (who is pretty damn good in the game), so no real complaints, but I've never had this happen on a previous version.

It might be worth raising this in the bugs forum with a save just before your DoF hires the new assistant.

On touch (and perhaps the main game I can't be sure) it feels like there is the tendency to grow a bit too fast in terms of reputation and the players that can be attracted as a result with a bit of success. Having played in Sweden it's very stagnant until that moment you hit a champions league group stage, then it swings the pendulum so far the other way. 

Almost instantaneous is the moment you get through the play-offs to qualify for the group stage a whole new raft of players become interested, including completely unobtainable players who are picking up 6 figure wages. The growth to being able to pay 6 figure wages does come far too quickly as well (within 5 years more or less) so very quickly it goes from being a small team with a total wage bill below £100k per week to close to or over £1m per week potential in 5 years. 

I don't know what the solution is, but right now having played in a smaller league it just feels like the game is a case of get to the group stage once, and you'll get such a momentum boost it will be possible to keep happening again and again and continue gaining massive momentum. 

- - -

I feel like having had a club in this situation they're far too unwilling to invest in facilities which further exacerbates the free spending. If a club gets a hefty wedge of cash coming in, it seems like most sensible owners would prioritise getting facilities improved - even beyond the level they'd typically be happy with. There's no reason to question the amount of money, but it doesn't seem to have this transformative potential out there in the real world when a team hits the group stage for the first time. So it feels like something is skewing the financial side a little bit to give clubs too much of an edge combined with their up-turn in the transfer market.

The game is great but I miss some competitions from the full game. The reserves in England have too few games between their tiny Reserve League and the Checkatrade Trophy. Couldn't we get at least the UEFA Youth League and FA Youth Cup, or a national reserves competition like in FM13 Classic?

Besides that, I'm finding it very fun, specially with the classic skin Lucas created for the game. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

94C813ED-FB13-4300-B969-AB2E503CE516.thumb.png.7eb9ccbe7eae1b983ac0840171a80d97.png94C813ED-FB13-4300-B969-AB2E503CE516.thumb.png.7eb9ccbe7eae1b983ac0840171a80d97.pngHi I have an issue that in squad players view , strength & potential is not there.

thats not the exatly a problem if you could just add it later once and forever. But the problem is if you add that in you individual prferences it´s not saving it. you have to add it everytime in the squad view.

can you fix this bug?

96B9F63C-9553-4A2A-83AD-F254A71762BF.png

48115C10-6E26-45F3-9B26-24D07909E7E2.png

On 21/01/2019 at 01:36, Arjun Singh said:

Hi, i’m A bit new. Me and my friends were all thinking about buying fm touch 2019, I on IOS. I was just checking if online career mode was available on touch like it is on normal fm, so that i can prove i’m Better than them even more. 

Yes.

8 hours ago, Heartwork said:

I haven't bought the game yet, but weighing up getting it on Switch. Just want to ask: Is the Gibraltar league system playable on FMT for Switch?

Don't have the game for Switch but Gibraltar isn't available on PC. Which is a bit annoying considering it's pretty much a day one add on released by SI for the full fat game. Hopefully they can add this to FMT going forward.

Having a few issues with Touch recently. Firstly I like the game and the way it’s laid out. Have a general wage budget of 5.5m a week which is given  at start of each season along with a transfer budget of 80m roughly. So what I am finding is the club is hemmoriging money every month, it’s crazy considering i am only using £5m of the wage budget and transfer budget is over £200m. I increased the wage budget to 6m and I have 900k left to use. I have made 400m On transfers over the 7 years. Constantly selling the best players at end of year. How can I stop this? Seems I won’t be able to?

also, 

achievements seem to not be working, I’ve looked through them and seen how you earn them and I’m seeing ones I’ve done and not received. 

Unlocks from downloads 

I’ve unlocked 4 of the unlocks in downloads and it only ever shows 2. And at times 1? How can I fix this? It’s alwsys connected to WiFi. Tbh it’s making me not play as much 

So I eventually cracked and bought the game, it being on sale on Steam and all.. Only played two hours, but first impressions:

- I can't put my finger on exactly WHY, but I like it much better than last years edition! 

- New tactic module is excellent and just what this game needed. 

- Not impressed with the default skin, but luckily @Lucas has us covered. Thank you!

- After three friendlies I have scored 11, but my strikers still have no goals. Zero. Zip. Nada. A bit worrying, but as long as we win.. I see people are complaining over striker movement, so maybe there's something related.. Or it could very well be my tactics, I'm no genius with this. 

- When I first loaded the game I was unable to proceed from one of the initial setup screens (can't remember which one!) as the "continue" button was hidden behind the taskbar! D'oh! I figured it out eventually and hid my taskbar temporarily to be able to proceed.. But how on earth did this pass testing procedures.. Generally the UI feels a bit clunky, I often find myself looking for where to click. Granted, I'm not that experienced with FM, but still.. If users struggle to understand how to operate a game, you're in trouble. 

Some positives and negatives in here, but in general I think I'll get a good amount of hours out of this. 

Cheers SI! 

I have to compliment you, being critcal before. Game is very very smooth now. By far best FMT so far!

Few thing that are so so

-Some weird cheap transfers in Holland (Lozano, Frenkie de Jong)

-I feel the average number of goals in the Dutch League is too low. Too many 1-0's and too few 4-0 5-0. Especially PSV is not scoring enough

-Spanish League clubs are underperforming in Europe seeing coëfficients, while English clubs are overperforming

Not that they are ruining my fun, because i have tons!

Funfact: Anyone had seen a 200 mil Varane transfer from Real to City?

Edited by samelders86

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 07/11/2018 at 14:05, Lucas said:

If you remove nation and league restrictions (PC only) then yes.

I wish this was an option on IPads. Most iPads nowadays can easily handle more than 3 leagues so please let us have the option as 3 is too limiting. 

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, mattmccready said:

I wish this was an option on IPads. Most iPads nowadays can easily handle more than 3 leagues so please let us have the option as 3 is too limiting. 

It's not as simple as that. Mobile devices and the OSes they operate on are not as free as their desktop counterparts. For a start, there are developer guidelines and rules that must be followed in order for an app to even be released. OSes on Tablets are much more restrictive what they allow apps to do with memory budgets etc, whereas on desktop this isn't the case. I know from experience it's something SI have looked into continuously before and it wasn't possible in order to provide a full experience of 30 seasons. That doesn't mean its never going to happen but that's the reason there is the current situation on Tablets.

If you want a more fuller experience on a Tablet/Laptop hybrid then I'd suggest something like a Surface Pro or another similar 2-in-1 laptop/tablet hybrid experience. I have the Surface Pro and it plays very nicely on that.

39 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It's not as simple as that. Mobile devices and the OSes they operate on are not as free as their desktop counterparts. For a start, there are developer guidelines and rules that must be followed in order for an app to even be released. OSes on Tablets are much more restrictive what they allow apps to do with memory budgets etc, whereas on desktop this isn't the case. I know from experience it's something SI have looked into continuously before and it wasn't possible in order to provide a full experience of 30 seasons. That doesn't mean its never going to happen but that's the reason there is the current situation on Tablets.

If you want a more fuller experience on a Tablet/Laptop hybrid then I'd suggest something like a Surface Pro or another similar 2-in-1 laptop/tablet hybrid experience. I have the Surface Pro and it plays very nicely on that.

That’s a great suggestion.... and the wife is after a new laptop so will make that suggestion and then steal it from her. Good man. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just purchased FMT19 on PC after having a long term save on FM17 and must say I am quite disappointed so far.  The game just doesn't seem as smooth as 17 and it doesn't help that the 3d match engine judders a lot, not smooth at all (any ideas on how to solve that?)

I play pretty much for the match itself.  Not interested in all the training etc and the only thing I always have input in is transfers and match day so I have a few bugbears compared to FM17 but of course as it's a newer game I am hoping someone may be able to advise on how to cure a few of these bugbears.  Also some of these changes may have happened in 18 and I didn't buy that one.

1.  Not sure why SI did away with the old white skin.  The dark and retro are far too dark.  I have downloaded a made white skin in the skinning forum but it's still not quite as good as 17's as I find the match day info is far too small.  In 17 I left it on the condition tab and I think you only had condition, goals, assists, ratings and that was about it making it easy to see but now whatever tab you use for the match the info seems overloaded thus making the text very small.

2.  When on the tactics screen did moving the tactics pitch to the left and info to the right happen?  Has totally confused me.

3.  In 17 I used to have highlights on key and a little match box just appeared on the pitch showing whatever you liked which in my case was just match stats but you could still see the pitch.  Now it seems if you click stats between highlights the box covers the whole screen and I have had highlights playing in the background but the box won't go away meaning I have to click the home button again to return to highlights.  Any ideas?

4.  Talking of buttons on 17 you had a pitch tab so you can return to the match at any time, has this gone or is it hiding somewhere? 

5.  Highlights seem non existent and that's on extended as well.   Plenty of shots on goal but the highlights hardly kick in.  A key highlights game on 17 was smooth and most of the time showed plenty of action but 19 lags terribly between highlights and it takes a lot of time for any highlight to click back in,.  Am I missing a setting where you can choose how long there is between highlights or something?  Most of the match rather than watching action I seem to be looking at a stats screen with the words "waiting for the next highlight".

6.  And as I said above the ME seems very stutter, not smooth at all.  Anyone else had this issue and how to solve it?

7.  And cameras.  On 17 TV camera was a perfect height and incline now I just cannot seem to get the right height or zoom at all.

If it ain't broke why fix it!!!!

In a nutshell very disappointed considering it's two years since 17 and I must say 17 is IMO miles ahead of 19.  I hope if I can iron out a few of the issues it will become better but at the moment I feel 17 was a far superior game and don't get me started on all the new tactics screens, I can't even upload my successful tactic from 17 because it's all changed.  I thought Cariello and Mezzala were characters in Spartacus!!!!!

Edited by Sussex Hammer

I'm afraid you're lucky if you get proper answers to your questions. Just look at the state of this subforum and it paints a clear picture. :( FMT right now is like a neglected child of the family, told to sit in the corner and shut up.

Anyway, I'd help if I'd bought FMT 19 but a long term '18 save and, frankly, a poor user feedback for FMT 19 prevented me from buying the newest iteration. What I do know from FMT 18 is that the ME is horribly optimized, graphically speaking. I had a PC capable of running new AAA games with insanely good graphics on ultra settings, and yet I had to run FMT 18 ME on medium settings just to get a framerate which didn't make me physically sick after a while from all the stutter.

4 minutes ago, shirajzl said:

I'm afraid you're lucky if you get proper answers to your questions. Just look at the state of this subforum and it paints a clear picture. :( FMT right now is like a neglected child of the family, told to sit in the corner and shut up.

Anyway, I'd help if I'd bought FMT 19 but a long term '18 save and, frankly, a poor user feedback for FMT 19 prevented me from buying the newest iteration. What I do know from FMT 18 is that the ME is horribly optimized, graphically speaking. I had a PC capable of running new AAA games with insanely good graphics on ultra settings, and yet I had to run FMT 18 ME on medium settings just to get a framerate which didn't make me physically sick after a while from all the stutter.

You are probably right.  In FM17 the only way I could find an answer was to wallop an FMT thread in the main forum and yet FMT as a streamlined game is a life saver for me.  Mind you if FMT had an editor I wouldn't have purchased 19!!!

Had the juddering in FM17 to be fair as well but sorted that out to an extent by rolling back the NVidia drivers to an earlier incarnation.  I have a Nvidia GeForce 580 but it's more than good enough for FM as it runs COD absolutely fine!  I'll have a hunt around and see if the answers can be found elsewhere. 

On 17/04/2019 at 01:01, Sussex Hammer said:

Just purchased FMT19 on PC after having a long term save on FM17 and must say I am quite disappointed so far.  The game just doesn't seem as smooth as 17 and it doesn't help that the 3d match engine judders a lot, not smooth at all (any ideas on how to solve that?)

I play pretty much for the match itself.  Not interested in all the training etc and the only thing I always have input in is transfers and match day so I have a few bugbears compared to FM17 but of course as it's a newer game I am hoping someone may be able to advise on how to cure a few of these bugbears.  Also some of these changes may have happened in 18 and I didn't buy that one.

1.  Not sure why SI did away with the old white skin.  The dark and retro are far too dark.  I have downloaded a made white skin in the skinning forum but it's still not quite as good as 17's as I find the match day info is far too small.  In 17 I left it on the condition tab and I think you only had condition, goals, assists, ratings and that was about it making it easy to see but now whatever tab you use for the match the info seems overloaded thus making the text very small.

2.  When on the tactics screen did moving the tactics pitch to the left and info to the right happen?  Has totally confused me.

3.  In 17 I used to have highlights on key and a little match box just appeared on the pitch showing whatever you liked which in my case was just match stats but you could still see the pitch.  Now it seems if you click stats between highlights the box covers the whole screen and I have had highlights playing in the background but the box won't go away meaning I have to click the home button again to return to highlights.  Any ideas?

4.  Talking of buttons on 17 you had a pitch tab so you can return to the match at any time, has this gone or is it hiding somewhere? 

5.  Highlights seem non existent and that's on extended as well.   Plenty of shots on goal but the highlights hardly kick in.  A key highlights game on 17 was smooth and most of the time showed plenty of action but 19 lags terribly between highlights and it takes a lot of time for any highlight to click back in,.  Am I missing a setting where you can choose how long there is between highlights or something?  Most of the match rather than watching action I seem to be looking at a stats screen with the words "waiting for the next highlight".

6.  And as I said above the ME seems very stutter, not smooth at all.  Anyone else had this issue and how to solve it?

7.  And cameras.  On 17 TV camera was a perfect height and incline now I just cannot seem to get the right height or zoom at all.

If it ain't broke why fix it!!!!

In a nutshell very disappointed considering it's two years since 17 and I must say 17 is IMO miles ahead of 19.  I hope if I can iron out a few of the issues it will become better but at the moment I feel 17 was a far superior game and don't get me started on all the new tactics screens, I can't even upload my successful tactic from 17 because it's all changed.  I thought Cariello and Mezzala were characters in Spartacus!!!!!

I've played FMT19 since release. Admittedly I'm on iPad but the game is the same I believe - I'll try and answer your questions as best I can:

1. You can revert to a classic/retro skin. On iPad we have the choice of the new skin or the classic one - I haven't tried the classic skin so not sure if its white or not but I imagine it would be.

2.The shift has happened this year. Takes a while to get used to but it's not really a big issue for me. I took the tutorials to get to grips with it properly. 

3. You can customise your view on the "match analysis" tab so you can see the information you want to on the main screen (pitch in background but you don't see the game. 

4. Just hit the Pitch tab at the top next to "match Analysis"

5. I play on iPad and have had no issues with lagging between highlights and runs smoothly so can't comment on PC version.

6. Again never had an issue with the ME stuttering on iPad

7.  I normally use sideline as my default pitch view, have you tried this one?

I really like this version as it suits my needs and love the new tactics setup. As its touch there is no familiarity issue so every tactic should work quickly so you can test different roles as you go. 

I don't understand why you would want to upload a tactic that used to work in years gone by? Football is evolving and so is the game. Fair enough if you don't care about a Mezzala, but you still need to know what they do when an opponent uses one. May even be a good thing for you? You sound like Sam Allardyce!

Hope you stick with it!

• Administrators
3 hours ago, gibboisgod said:

Fair enough if you don't care about a Mezzala, but you still need to know what they do when an opponent uses one. May even be a good thing for you?

It's a fair point if these roles are confusing to some people and the more exotic ones probably are to an extent. But then there are lots of ones that are straight forward and give you more flexibility anyway. 

You don't need to use them to have success in the game.