Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Lawlore

Hard-coded Nation Information

Has anyone ever taken the time to compile the hard-coded nation information on FM- the stuff that (as far as I'm aware) can't be edited? Specifically, I'm thinking about things like regen name origin (e.g. USA has predominantly English and Spanish naming conventions) and regen skin colour (e.g. Caribbean nations have predominantly black regens).

I'm looking to create some fictional nations for a DB, but didn't take these factors into consideration last time, so the regens of the nations I chose to edit didn't really align well with the naming conventions/ethnic origin supposed in the fictional backstory. It's not the biggest hurdle in the world, but I wondered if anyone had any suggestions. Ideally, I'm looking for the following, in the same continent:

Nation 1: French & English naming conventions, predominantly white regens
Nation 2 & 3: English naming conventions, predominantly white regens
Nation 4: English naming conventions, predominantly black regens

At the moment, I'm eyeing Canada as a possible nation to replace for Nation 1, but the Latin influence in North America (USA & Mexico) means the other naming conventions wouldn't align with what I'm after. I also don't know much about St. Pierre & Miquelon, which I believe is a French Caribbean territory?

St Pierre & Miquelon is off the south coast of Newfoundland. You'll get white players with French names and French second nationality.

In the past, with extinct nations, you could just set the region and languages to get the ethnicity and names you wanted.

18 hours ago, Lawlore said:

Has anyone ever taken the time to compile the hard-coded nation information on FM- the stuff that (as far as I'm aware) can't be edited? Specifically, I'm thinking about things like regen name origin (e.g. USA has predominantly English and Spanish naming conventions) and regen skin colour (e.g. Caribbean nations have predominantly black regens).

I'm looking to create some fictional nations for a DB, but didn't take these factors into consideration last time, so the regens of the nations I chose to edit didn't really align well with the naming conventions/ethnic origin supposed in the fictional backstory. It's not the biggest hurdle in the world, but I wondered if anyone had any suggestions. Ideally, I'm looking for the following, in the same continent:

Nation 1: French & English naming conventions, predominantly white regens
Nation 2 & 3: English naming conventions, predominantly white regens
Nation 4: English naming conventions, predominantly black regens

At the moment, I'm eyeing Canada as a possible nation to replace for Nation 1, but the Latin influence in North America (USA & Mexico) means the other naming conventions wouldn't align with what I'm after. I also don't know much about St. Pierre & Miquelon, which I believe is a French Caribbean territory?

In my opinion some of this exists in the "person name" fields. Unfortunately I haven't seen anyone being able to access that. For FM17 I managed to see which columns you could  use and believe you could stop names from being used(eg. if they are wrong with regards to language or ethnicity for your fictional nation).                         

Maybe the best thing to do is holiday a season and have a look at all nations and see what type of regen name/ethnicities they produce to be 100% clear? 

16 hours ago, Weiry said:

Maybe the best thing to do is holiday a season and have a look at all nations and see what type of regen name/ethnicities they produce to be 100% clear? 

Now that is a good idea.