Sports Interactive Community
wardog

Lone strikers cant hit a barn door

Regardless of tactics. this is now tested with 8 different tactics, including 2 plug ins direct from game. Lone strikers just cant hit target or score regardless of the amount of clear cut chances you give them. 

Even my 2nd Div Swedish team, who shouldn't be able to hit that barn door, are banging them in. Might I suggest it's your tactics?  :brock:

If by plug-ins, you mean the templates, they're not a finished article. You most likely will need to make tweaks as it is intended as a starting point for the style you chose. They're not the same as plug and play tactics.

1 minute ago, HUNT3R said:

Even my 2nd Div Swedish team, who shouldn't be able to hit that barn door, are banging them in. Might I suggest it's your tactics?  :brock:

If by plug-ins, you mean the templates, they're not a finished article. You most likely will need to make tweaks as it is intended as a starting point for the style you chose. They're not the same as plug and play tactics.

Out of curiosity, what role are you playing your strikers in? 

1 minute ago, the_gaffa said:

Out of curiosity, what role are you playing your strikers in? 

Test save was a Pressing Forward and now using an Advanced Forward. If you think it's because of a role, I'll warn you now, it isn't. The tactic needs to ensure that your strikers are in space.

I like to point out my thread in the bugs forum on off the ball movement of striker causing lack of central play. 

Agreed strikers can bang in goals but I am taking a wild guess that their goals almost exclusively come from a cross assist into the penaltyarea/six yard box or after set pieces or perhaps a line through ball

Strikers in the current ME are not making themselves available to receive the ball outside the penalty area thus minimazing the chance of creating their own chances (play a one two or dribble,  turning and trying a first time shot). 

In my assesment it is not tactics related but it has something to with the coding of the striker's transitional behaviour.  He mostly is busy during a match with retreating to midfield line and then when ball is won back quickly running towards outside of penalty area directly towards the two DC's.

Lone Strikers (no matter the role) are sort of lost in limboland and can 't really contribute to the attacking phase of play.

I hope I am making sense :D

Edited by Mensell76

My Very Terrible Striker, playing as a DLF, has 9 goals from 12 matches so far in the VNN. He's missing plenty, but he's also scoring pretty freely.