Where do you hover your cursor?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just to distinguish between the two, hovering to quickly access things is one thing, leaving the mouse cursor in a certain position beacuse you supersticiously believe that if you move it you'll lose is something else!

aye yea...I keep it at the top as everytime and I mean EVERYTIME I leave it on the main ME screen I lose....I leave it over my team name I win to be fair not all the time I win..but I seem to win more when its up there :thup:

OMG. Glad to find out I'm not the only crazed-up supersticious nut around.

Actually, with FM05 I was convinced that if I hover around the club's logo I'd score. And I usually did (learning tactics might've helped :p). Since FM07 though I switched to somewhere around the pitch center-circle.

over the tactics button or pause button. however i always hold the mouse and when something really annoys me i lift then slam the mouse really hard then just check the bottom to see if it's ok! if i get really really annoyed then i may slam the mouse a few times!! i think i need help.....

Across 15 years of CM/FM I have always been a superstitious mouse cursor hoverer, and I know many other people on here as well.

Where do you hover your cursor in FM09? Have you found a winning place to hover?!

Mine is just to the left or right of the timeline, depending on if I'm home or away.

Wierdo.... get a life!

There are people who play the CL music before each european game, and wear a suit on final day

*hangs head in shame*

On 09 my cursor is always right in the bottom left of the screen. On previous versions this has differed, but there is always a certain place where it has to be!!

I also save religiously at stupidly close intervals for some reason.

...and i never watch my teams penalties, i always look away from the screen.

I used to hover it over the Pause button, but somewhere along the years i got used to using the spacebar to pause/play, and now i hover it over 'Tactics'

By the way mine isn't superstition, more like OCD

Thank god for this thread, there are others like me, although not completely as i hover mine where noone else has mentioned, before the match has started when the formations and teams are shown i put my mouse between the two teams so that it turns to the arrow and not the mouse and during the match it hovers anywhere in the tree menu thingy on the side of the pitch between where it says post match and match speed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mine's usually over the Play/Pause button so I can stop the game to make a change when it gets to certain intervals in the match such as 20/25 mins and 60/65 mins. Other than that I put it right at the bottom bar so that it doesn't get in the way.

My mouse has to be at the very top of my screen in the very centre. I judge where the centre is by lining it up with the middle of the webcam that is built into my laptop. I do it for no other reason than because i just have too.

I have tried breaking the habit but i just can't :(

In FM08 I had a mark on the far left of the screen, which was just above the game speed options. My mouse was over that, so the mark was in the centre of the mouse.

In FM09, new laptop, so the mouse rests on the down facing triangle near the "latest" section

During a match I don't care where the cursor is, I use space to pause then do my tactics. When not in a match I like to move the curser really fast in a circle or oval shape around the words processing... or Results when the game is processing.

Archived