Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Banno200

Lower League Career

Hi all

I'm about to start my FM save using Gateshead in the National League (Random Pick), its the 1st time ive tried managing in the lower leagues so any tips would be welcome if you have the time.

Thanks

What tips do you need?  I played Torquay in the Beta, bar the mess with the free transfers and loans if you turn off the first transfer window, I loved it and got them in to League 2.

Just in general, transfer my transfer budget to wage, sack the current coaches and employ different peoole, best formation to start with

Dont over do tactics . Keep them very simple . There's a good video on you-tube about tips for lower league . Just search Football Manager 19 ... also on FM Scout there's a good forum about low league management

Leave your coaches, low down you wont have the facilities to train a superstar, and if you sack them you pay compensation that will hit your finance's.  Replace them when their contracts run out.  Don't be shy to fill up your full quota of loans, especially ones that you pay no wages towards.  Get a parent club in, take the one that offers the most cash per year, don't worry if they are any good as when you get to their level, you will be able to look again for the big Premier League Clubs.

Loans are the way to go, down in the lower levels there isn't the money to splash out on the best. Be prepared to grind out results with boring tactics the players in the lower leagues are not going to score wonder goals or go on mazy runs they don't have the skills. The best tactics are simple tactics basic 442, or 433 work however, tactics need to be built round what you have available not the other way round.

Nice one lads, ill have a look at that video later, cant wait to get home and get stuck into this new FM!!

Keep things very simple, standard formations, very few instructions (one or two max) and then just keep tweaking until you find a winning formula. Don't expect immediate masterclass! ;)