[FM19][WIP] Wales Lower Leagues - 2019-20 Update Released (No County Cups)

170px-Football_Association_of_Wales_logo

NOTE: The current database is an Alpha version and may contain bugs and inconsistencies. Please report any issues you find while playing.

Download 2019-20 Alpha Database

Link to Original 2018-19 Database

Additional Downloads

Kits 

(Credit to grff on his incredible work on the kit packs below)

Tier 1 - 2

Tier 3 - 6

Features

• Over 6000 database changes, including over 50 new teams, new leagues and data updates
  • 6 new playable tiers, down to the Regional League level 3
  • Over 30 new league and county cups across all 7 levels
  • Correct team information (where available)

Changelog

15/08/2019

Updated the database to reflect the new season, including:

• Adding real world promotions/relegations
  • Restructuriing leagues to comply with real world changes
  • Adding 13 new teams to the lower leagues
  • Making real world transfers for the Cymru Premier League
  • Removing defunct teams

30/12/18

• Added missing league cup competitions
  • Restructured the Welsh Cup so teams from all 7 tiers compete
  • Fixed a bug where teams relegated from the National Premier League would be relegated into an inactive division
  • Added correct stadium, kit and general information for many tier 7 teams
  • Added awards for every league on the pyramid
  • Various inconsistency fixes

9/11/18

• Replaced defunct Llanelli Steel with Killay FC in the Carmarthenshire Premier League

7/11/18

• Added missing league cup competitions

6/11/18

• Added the 7th tier, including missing teams and leagues
  • Added 32 new league and county cups
  • Fixed additional incorrect team placements in the 6th tier

2/11/18

• Added the 6th tier, including missing teams
  • Corrected incorrect team placements in the 4th and 5th tiers

Known Bugs/Inconsistencies

• Teams with 2nd/3rd teams can end up playing in a lower league than their 2nd or 3rd team. Due to how relegations to inactive leagues work in multi-tiered databases, I don't have a fix for this at the moment. It should not affect gameplay, however.
  • 2nd/3rd teams can win cups that their first teams are part of. Adding exceptions for certain teams across 32 cups would be a huge task. However, I may look to fix this in a future update.
  • Starting a game with "Add players to playable teams" selected causes overpowered English regens to generate at low-level clubs. I'm looking to fix this, however, even after discussion with SI database staff, the cause for this issue has not been found.
  • The Team of the Month and Team of the Season awards don't trigger for certain leagues This is due to the lack of players in certain leagues and how regens are handled, this will be remedied once more players are added to the database.

Now that the database is in a workable BETA stage, I'll be focusing my efforts on increasing the information accuracy of the database. However, I'm starting a new job next week, so I'll have a lot less time to work on the DB.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Added 6th tier, including missing teams, as well as correcting incorrect team placements in the standard database. Tested and working.

Currently working on adding all league cups throughout the pyramid. It could be a lengthy process, so bear with me.

8 hours ago, yCymro said:

All the best with this.  Looking forward to seeing how this develops.  Will be using this for my long term Welsh Prem to Champions League Glory file.

Please share your progress once you get started, I'd love to see how it goes! Any specific team you're thinking of using?

20 hours ago, Rainbowz said:

Added 6th tier, including missing teams, as well as correcting incorrect team placements in the standard database. Tested and working.

Currently working on adding all league cups throughout the pyramid. It could be a lengthy process, so bear with me.

Great news i have kits and logos for Anglesey League sides as i added players/staff to the proper game this year.

2 hours ago, cel1234 said:

Great news i have kits and logos for Anglesey League sides as i added them to the proper game this year.

If you could provide them, that would be awesome. Getting proper kits and logos for some of the lower league clubs is an absolute pain. I'd be sure to give you credit, of course.

4 hours ago, calcium27 said:

Having a bit of trouble downloading the link to the game. Keeps being downloaded as a fmf that i can't extract or open. Any help would be great

cheers

That's what's meant to happen. Drag or copy the fmf file to your "Editor Data" folder (located in Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2019). It should then be available to use in-game.

6 minutes ago, Rainbowz said:

That's what's meant to happen. Drag or copy the fmf file to your "Editor Data" folder (located in Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2019). It should then be available to use in-game.

cheers mate

13 hours ago, Rainbowz said:

If you could provide them, that would be awesome. Getting proper kits and logos for some of the lower league clubs is an absolute pain. I'd be sure to give you credit, of course.

Its Grffs work he does my kits for Gibraltar. But yes of course. What time frame you got on the cups please ?? Colorado see link

Anglesey Logos.rar

welsh kits.rar

wales.rar

4 hours ago, cel1234 said:

Its Grffs work he does my kits for Gibraltar. But yes of course. What time frame you got on the cups please ?? Colorado see link

Anglesey Logos.rar

welsh kits.rar

wales.rar

Probably by the end of next week, maybe mid week if I spend a lot of time on it. I'm hoping to have a beta version with tier 7 and all available cups within the month.

Thanks for the images, I'm hoping to get a close to complete pack done soon.

4 hours ago, Rainbowz said:

Probably by the end of next week, maybe mid week if I spend a lot of time on it. I'm hoping to have a beta version with tier 7 and all available cups within the month.

Thanks for the images, I'm hoping to get a close to complete pack done soon.

Give me a shout if you need any obscure welsh kits doing :D

22 hours ago, Rainbowz said:

Hopefully. They're a bit awkward to do properly, so I've no idea when they'll be done. 

I have histories of the North Wales ones somewhere.

First Beta should be released within the next few days. I've finished the 7th tier and I'm getting through the league and county cups now. County cups are a nightmare since I have to pick each team individually.

Some really interesting stuff I found when testing, when England isn't loaded, some Welsh clubs produce absolutely insane English regens.

Arian Kalantari_ Overview Profile.png

Ian Richardson_ Overview Profile.png

James Heyes_ Overview Profile.png

For county cups mate you can add County Cup then each team into a secondary division as picture then when selecting teams use that secondary division instead of adding each team individually. Interesting about the regens.

Screenshot (1008).png

33 minutes ago, cel1234 said:

For county cups mate you can add County Cup then each team into a secondary division as picture then when selecting teams use that secondary division instead of adding each team individually. Interesting about the regens.

Screenshot (1008).png

Thanks, you saved me a hell of a lot of time

2 minutes ago, zeus77 said:

is this real? i mean, can regional teams get promoted to high divisions?

Thanks

In real life, there is promotion/relegation, but often teams can only get promoted if they meet certain criteria (stadium size, finances, stuff like that) . Since it's impossible to do that type of promotion in Football Manager, I've kept in promotions and relegations across all leagues to make the DB more fun.

How are you going to handle the 4 west wales leagues promotion?  Wiki suggests in theory there is a 4 way playoff, is this possible?

Amazing work by the way, just having a look around it now, I’ll be picking a Swansea or Neath league side once you’ve got the file stable and ready.

The game still irks me that it lets amateur players move from North to South so easily dispite the geography involved 

5 hours ago, bennytee said:

How are you going to handle the 4 west wales leagues promotion?  Wiki suggests in theory there is a 4 way playoff, is this possible?

Amazing work by the way, just having a look around it now, I’ll be picking a Swansea or Neath league side once you’ve got the file stable and ready.

The game still irks me that it lets amateur players move from North to South so easily dispite the geography involved 

That's the biggest problem I have getting the database below tier 7. The South Wales Alliance Div 2 has 9 leagues it could potentially feed into, meaning I need a nine-way interleague playoff which correctly feeds teams into the right division. It's possible, but I'm making sure I get a tier 7 database 100% working before I try it.

Thanks, and I noticed that too. I think the game takes a country the size of England as a gold standard in terms of what's North and what's South, so it doesn't affect Wales. I'll see if there's anything I can do to fix it on my end though.

I thought the South Wales Alliance was self contained and you just got promoted from 2 to 1 etc, I may be wrong though.(  It has merged recently )

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welsh_football_league_system

the regional leagues are all like that up until welsh league division 3

@CymruAmBythWXM will know the structure better than most I would think

7 minutes ago, bennytee said:

I thought the South Wales Alliance was self contained and you just got promoted from 2 to 1 etc, I may be wrong though.(  It has merged recently )

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welsh_football_league_system

the regional leagues are all like that up until welsh league division 3

@CymruAmBythWXM will know the structure better than most I would think

It's really hard to find information for the promotion/relegation systems of the lower leagues, so I just assumed there'd be some form of promotion. If there isn't, I'll likely fix it and release it as a separate file for people who want a true to life experience.

Just now, Rainbowz said:

It's really hard to find information for the promotion/relegation systems of the lower leagues, so I just assumed there'd be some form of promotion. If there isn't, I'll likely fix it and release it as a separate file for people who want a true to life experience.

Right I get what you mean now, ignore my last post, long day!

I thought you meant from 7 upwards.

looking forward to checking out your beta file when I get in, I’ll let you know if I spot anything 

On 02/11/2018 at 19:07, Rainbowz said:

Please share your progress once you get started, I'd love to see how it goes! Any specific team you're thinking of using?

Looking at Aberystwyth Town ... if not Penrhyncoch FC in the Cymru Alliance.

I'll hold off for a little bit yet before I do a long term save.

3 minutes ago, cel1234 said:

Great work on the file

Gwynedd League needs these cups adding http://gwyneddfootballleague.pitchero.com/match-info/cups

Anglesey League needs these cups adding http://angleseyfootballleague.pitchero.com/match-info/cups

I knew I'd be missing a few. Thanks for the help, I'll add them tomorrow since I'm burnt out from database work today.

Ok get rested up haha. Yes be a few in Regional Leagues

Vale of Clywd & Conwy http://vccfl.pitchero.com/match-info/cups

North East Wales League http://clwydleagueeast.pitchero.com/match-info/cups

NWCFA Junior Cup https://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/nwcfa-junior-cup-given-new-11891538

teams from Angelsey League, Vale of Clwyd and Gwynedd League

15 hours ago, cel1234 said:

Ok get rested up haha. Yes be a few in Regional Leagues

Vale of Clywd & Conwy http://vccfl.pitchero.com/match-info/cups

North East Wales League http://clwydleagueeast.pitchero.com/match-info/cups

NWCFA Junior Cup https://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/nwcfa-junior-cup-given-new-11891538

teams from Angelsey League, Vale of Clwyd and Gwynedd League

Added the ones I could reliably find fixtures for. There are so many cups in some leagues!

1 minute ago, Rainbowz said:

Added the ones I could reliably find fixtures for. There are so many cups in some leagues!

Great which ones please ??

Is the FAW Trophy in the cups also ??

Just now, cel1234 said:

Great which ones please ??

Is the FAW Trophy in the cups also ??

Couldn't find fixtures for the Horace Wynne Cup, but I assume it's just another league cup in the North East league.

Yep, FAW trophy is in.

Can anyone help with a regen issue the database seems to be having?

At the start of a game when "Add players to playable teams" is selected, there's a chance that some insane English regens are generated at low-level clubs, specifically in tier 7, It seems to happen whether England is loaded or not, and doesn't matter if the club is based in England or Wales.

The youth recruitment/junior coaching for all of these teams are low (but not 0 or -1) and the league/club reputations are also low but it keeps happening. I'd advise playing without "Add players to playable teams" for now.

Does anyone have any advice on what may be causing this bizarre glitch?

EDIT: Thought I'd solved it, but nope. I think it's an in-game glitch, because there's literally nothing on the DB which should be causing this. Any advice would be more than appreciated.

On 05/11/2018 at 23:25, Rainbowz said:

In real life, there is promotion/relegation, but often teams can only get promoted if they meet certain criteria (stadium size, finances, stuff like that) . Since it's impossible to do that type of promotion in Football Manager, I've kept in promotions and relegations across all leagues to make the DB more fun.

yea, nice!

2 hours ago, ChicoPolska said:

Really great , i really hope you can go to the 11th tier .

Thanks! Me too, but I'm just focusing on making the current 7 tier database as detailed as possible first.

14 hours ago, Rainbowz said:

Thanks! Me too, but I'm just focusing on making the current 7 tier database as detailed as possible first.

In the Carmarthenshire League Premier Division you have Llanelli Steel which no longer exist would it be possible for you to replace them with Killay who currently play in this league. Their location would change from Llanelli to Swansea and stadium would be Fairwood. Their home shirt colours would also change. Thank you. Awesome work by yourself.

https://twitter.com/killay_afc?lang=en

On 08/11/2018 at 10:57, bproc3 said:

In the Carmarthenshire League Premier Division you have Llanelli Steel which no longer exist would it be possible for you to replace them with Killay who currently play in this league. Their location would change from Llanelli to Swansea and stadium would be Fairwood. Their home shirt colours would also change. Thank you. Awesome work by yourself.

https://twitter.com/killay_afc?lang=en

Made the fix, thanks for pointing it out.

Archived