Sports Interactive Community
bboy

How to disable brexit?

31 minutes ago, CelticCelticCeltic said:

Because having it happen and forcing clubs to spend 7k on wages to play peopl in the first team is a joke and will bankrupt the majority of Scottish clubs 

Well let's hope it doesn't happen in real life then! Pretty sure the 8k per week is based on the amount that highly skilled workers from abroad will need to be earning to be able to work here in some Brexit scenarios. Something that some parts of the government are pushing for in real life. 

It's almost like SI are trying to educate you all here by literally showing you how Brexit will be completely crap if it goes ahead!

5 minutes ago, analogset111 said:

Well let's hope it doesn't happen in real life then! Pretty sure the 8k per week is based on the amount that highly skilled workers from abroad will need to be earning to be able to work here in some Brexit scenarios. Something that some parts of the government are pushing for in real life. 

It's almost like SI are trying to educate you all here by literally showing you how Brexit will be completely crap if it goes ahead!

Sorry but why do I need ‘educating’ from SI? I know how potentially bad brexit is and voted to remain. I don’t need to take any advice from a games developer on the disadvantages of leaving the EU. 

I like to play games to escape and for light relief without being reminded of real world politics. 

Edited by DP

36 minutes ago, Baodan said:

Wasn't there talks of Scotland staying in the EU and finally getting independence?

Don't even go there. :D

Seriously though, one possible outcome, but probably not on the radar anytime soon as that likely.

Don't put it into the game until it is up and running in real life and we know how it will affect football.

Putting it in now is just ridiculous.

10 minutes ago, gechal said:

Don't put it into the game until it is up and running in real life and we know how it will affect football.

Putting it in now is just ridiculous.

It was a publicity stunt - can see why they did it as Brexit is big news and it got FM in the press. There's no real reason to have it in from a gameplay perspective.

Edited by DP

1 hour ago, CelticCelticCeltic said:

Because having it happen and forcing clubs to spend 7k on wages to play peopl in the first team is a joke and will bankrupt the majority of Scottish clubs 

The majority of Scottish clubs?! That's laughable. I've just checked this in the Editor - over 94% of players at Scottish teams in FM19 are British, and that's not including those foreigners who are eligible and would almost certainly take it in the event of Brexit. The vast majority of teams wouldn't be impacted at all - the sides just below the old firm like Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen have about 3 Europeans each in their squad along with a smattering of RotW players who they'd eventually have to replace with Brits, and most of the sides below that have one or zero. So what you actually mean is that the Old Firm would be effected - obviously not bankrupted, but not able to scout and buy young players from anywhere, pay them a pittance and sell them on to England for megabucks. They'd have to actually focus on local youth which I dare say would be rather good for Scotland. They could still buy foreigners to go in their first team and keep them competitive in Europe, and remember can also buy anyone who's been in England for five years and therefore got British citizenship.

33 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

The majority of Scottish clubs?! That's laughable. I've just checked this in the Editor - over 94% of players at Scottish teams in FM19 are British, and that's not including those foreigners who are eligible and would almost certainly take it in the event of Brexit. The vast majority of teams wouldn't be impacted at all - the sides just below the old firm like Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen have about 3 Europeans each in their squad along with a smattering of RotW players who they'd eventually have to replace with Brits, and most of the sides below that have one or zero. So what you actually mean is that the Old Firm would be effected - obviously not bankrupted, but not able to scout and buy young players from anywhere, pay them a pittance and sell them on to England for megabucks. They'd have to actually focus on local youth which I dare say would be rather good for Scotland. They could still buy foreigners to go in their first team and keep them competitive in Europe, and remember can also buy anyone who's been in England for five years and therefore got British citizenship.

The message I got didn't mention about them being foreigners or not, it just said all players would need to be on a minimum of 7k to play in the first team for leagues, 3k a week for cup games 

1 minute ago, CelticCelticCeltic said:

The message I got didn't mention about them being foreigners or not, it just said all players would need to be on a minimum of 7k to play in the first team for leagues, 3k a week for cup games 

Maybe it could be clearer - it means players you need work permits for, which never includes Brits and normally doesn't include Irishmen either.

Brexit in the game is for two reasons

1) Publicity Stunt

2) Miles was vocally in favour of remaining and this is his way of throwing his toys out the pram.

FM is there to simulate football as closely as possible it’s not there to simulate politics as closely as possible otherwise why don’t we have things like there’s been a change of government and x happens. 

The people at SI have not got the expertise to accurately predict Brexit so the scenarios are just them guessing based on what they’ve read , removing the option to disable it is a bit of a joke

It's as easy to remove in the editor as last year. Takes about 2 minutes. Until the effects of Brexit on work permits in football are known in real life, I don't want it in my game.

19 minutes ago, Wilkesy93 said:

Brexit in the game is for two reasons

1) Publicity Stunt

2) Miles was vocally in favour of remaining and this is his way of throwing his toys out the pram.

FM is there to simulate football as closely as possible it’s not there to simulate politics as closely as possible otherwise why don’t we have things like there’s been a change of government and x happens. 

The people at SI have not got the expertise to accurately predict Brexit so the scenarios are just them guessing based on what they’ve read , removing the option to disable it is a bit of a joke

I've actually seen quite a few people asking for things like dynamic league rules. That could be a league expanding or contracting, or implementing/abolishing playoffs. But it could also be that a change of governance means players will have to pay more/less tax in the country, or that there's quotas on the number of foreigners, or that the league's just got richer thanks to subsidies. I think all of that could be pretty cool, making it much more likely for leagues and their strengths to change over time without human interference, just like in real life we've seen the MLS and China get much stronger while the Scottish and Dutch leagues have declined.

12 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Hot dammit, are you sure??? Last year you just had to find the right page and untick one box. Job done.

The problem with adding a file with the fix is that you couldn't load up another edited file. Now you're saying you can't load up England at all????

If SI have sabotaged it that's just plain vicious, beneath even a Farage. Has anyone disabled it without using an edt file?

I believe there is a fix. I must have been doing it wrong in the editor. The link below should disable Brexit for you. Cheers!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1553900327

1 hour ago, Danarouso said:

I believe there is a fix. I must have been doing it wrong in the editor. The link below should disable Brexit for you. Cheers!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1553900327

It only works if you don't touch the database. When you run it through the editor the nobrexit file doesn't work.

Last year the date for the Brexit could be set as 2100. That way Brexit did not happen, there was always a message after a year or two, that Brexit was cancelled or something like that.

It just removes Brexit outright by unticking the activation box so can't see it being an issue. It wasn't on 2018 anyway from the small amount of tinkering I did.

14 hours ago, harrycarrie said:

It just removes Brexit outright by unticking the activation box so can't see it being an issue. It wasn't on 2018 anyway from the small amount of tinkering I did.

Have you tested over a number of years

11 hours ago, Nonlondoner said:

"Are we stuck with Brexit?"  Yes, if Westminster gets its way.  

You know there won't be an option next year, it'll be hard wired into the game because that's how it will be in real life. So if you don't like Brexit in FM then the best use of your time is to get campaigning for a second referendum, in real life.

I mean if you don't like it in FM it'll almost certainly be easier to just change the rules back to how they used to be rather than somehow force a reversal in real life :D

I have started a long term save at Salford. I subscribed to an early (very early) get out of Brexit on steam workshop that was taken down so not sure it works yet.

If it's not working I am going to be miffed. Too many hours invested.

Politics and Brexit should never be in a football computer game until Brexit is sorted irl, but this old argument rehashed is pointless. By far the worst feature ever introduced in to FM for me, why couldn't SI could have given a heads up here on how to workaround?

Those that love it should have the option. Those that don't should have more clarity.

9 hours ago, Jibby123 said:

I have started a long term save at Salford. I subscribed to an early (very early) get out of Brexit on steam workshop that was taken down so not sure it works yet.

If it's not working I am going to be miffed. Too many hours invested.

Politics and Brexit should never be in a football computer game until Brexit is sorted irl, but this old argument rehashed is pointless. By far the worst feature ever introduced in to FM for me, why couldn't SI could have given a heads up here on how to workaround?

Those that love it should have the option. Those that don't should have more clarity.

Brexit isn't Politics.  It's a fundamental change to the constitution and will affect every part of our lives. The reason it's in FM is because it will make a huge difference to transfers for UK clubs from the end of this current season. Going by your logic new stadiums or forthcoming rule changes shouldn't be hard-wired into the game either.  There's an option this year via the Editor, next year there will be nothing to edit, non-UK clubs will need Work Permits under current proposals for Brexit.  This is the last time you'll have the chance to snap up some young EU wonderkids, so best get busy.

2 hours ago, Nonlondoner said:

Brexit isn't Politics.  It's a fundamental change to the constitution and will affect every part of our lives. The reason it's in FM is because it will make a huge difference to transfers for UK clubs from the end of this current season. Going by your logic new stadiums or forthcoming rule changes shouldn't be hard-wired into the game either.  There's an option this year via the Editor, next year there will be nothing to edit, non-UK clubs will need Work Permits under current proposals for Brexit.  This is the last time you'll have the chance to snap up some young EU wonderkids, so best get busy.

The problem I have with FM's implementation of Brexit is that we honestly don't know what is coming.  You can't compare this with hard-coded rule changes and new stadiums which are known well in advance.  FM basically takes a stab in the dark, and permanently alters the rules in the British leagues.

I honestly think that this feature was added a few years back to get some press coverage.  After all, why else would a game which prides itself on realism suddenly decide to randomly alter the rules of one of it's most prominent leagues.  FM in the past has avoided adding competition changes we know for sure are going to happen because they have not been sure of the final details (Winter World Cup etc)

Any changes that Brexit brings to Football may make the British leagues an interesting challenge in the future, but until we know what changes are coming I think that the game should give us an option to stick with the existing setup.

Does Brexit just lower the amount of foreign players? Like the old days? Or does nobody really know what it will do yet?

Edited by jase19

I don't understand the argument Miles gives on Twitter of 'oh you can't change it just like in real life'. You can literally create countries on FM from nothing or create crazy databases, I think that is a bit more unrealistic.

7 hours ago, Nonlondoner said:

I get all that (who doesn't!!) and when people work out what Breixt means I will happily play that way. Brexit is politics to me though. If you think differently then fair enough.

8 hours ago, Nonlondoner said:

Brexit isn't Politics.  It's a fundamental change to the constitution and will affect every part of our lives. 

Lol...

All joking aside though.  Does anyone know how it will truly effect the Prem in real life? Thus, how it will effect the league in our game?

Instructions for FM18, should work for FM19 too:

Load up the editor
Add nation rules
Select add lower divisions and cups to existing structure
Choose England
Convert to advanced rules
Click the England dropdown
Select agreement change
Untick enabled
Save
Test rules
Save and job done.

P.S. I wasn't the Brexit fan and I usually disabled it before. But this year I plan to keep it and see what'll happen. At least it's something new and somewhat challenging.

4 hours ago, Xeewaj Q. said:

Instructions for FM18, should work for FM19 too:

Load up the editor
Add nation rules
Select add lower divisions and cups to existing structure
Choose England
Convert to advanced rules
Click the England dropdown
Select agreement change
Untick enabled
Save
Test rules
Save and job done.

P.S. I wasn't the Brexit fan and I usually disabled it before. But this year I plan to keep it and see what'll happen. At least it's something new and somewhat challenging.

Tried this but after "Click the England dropdown" there was no option to "Select agreement change" ... unless I'm doing something stupid of course!

On 02/11/2018 at 20:20, harrycarrie said:

Here's my own created file tested and works:

http://www.filedropper.com/nobrexit

Thanks for this. I'm trying it out.

14 hours ago, kiplings said:

Where abouts exactly do I put this in my directory please?

Thank you!!

My Documents > Sports Interactive > FM19 > editor data