Sports Interactive Community
davie77

Undo database change

The "page" where you should undo the database changes does not work. It is completely white instead of full of commands. You can also click nothing.

7nbd6mk6.jpg

17 hours ago, davie77 said:

The "page" where you should undo the database changes does not work. It is completely white instead of full of commands. You can also click nothing.

17 hours ago, Dani190283 said:

You can still click the buttons, but you see nothing. :lol:

Hi, this isn't reproducing internally for us. Was the screen showing incorrectly for you guys from the first time the Editor was opened?

Which operating systems are you using too? Thanks

23 hours ago, Freddie Sands said:

Hi, this isn't reproducing internally for us. Was the screen showing incorrectly for you guys from the first time the Editor was opened?

I have the same problem. It was showing incorrectly from the first time. But even closing the editor and re-installing it doesn't help. Operating system Windows.

23 hours ago, Freddie Sands said:

It seems to only happen with imported files from older versions. I created a file with FM19 editor and it shows database changes as it should be. But when I imported a file from FM17, the database changes page shows as blank but is actually 'invisible', as you can still click things there (see pic.) Probably an xml bug?

db changes.JPG

Without loading former old versions, it shows correctly, but when I imported a XML file from FM18 editor that happens.

I have the same issue, and was just about to report it.

The problem is with the NUMBER of changes. When you do about 3000+ changes, then you will see this blank screen. Look at the scroll bar on the right of the image, you will see it is very small because of the NUMBER of changes.

To reproduce this; if you load the default editor/DB; and make about 3000+ changes to clubs (like changing 3000+ clubs `based nation` to something else to force over 3000 changes) then you will see the blank screen. It's not blank when you load the default DB, and even when I had about 1,500 changes I didn't see it, then I added another about 1,500 changes (3000 total changes or more).

2 hours ago, DarthFurion said:

The problem is with the NUMBER of changes. When you do about 3000+ changes, then you will see this blank screen. Look at the scroll bar on the right of the image, you will see it is very small because of the NUMBER of changes.

To reproduce this; if you load the default editor/DB; and make about 3000+ changes to clubs (like changing 3000+ clubs `based nation` to something else to force over 3000 changes) then you will see the blank screen. It's not blank when you load the default DB, and even when I had about 1,500 changes I didn't see it, then I added another about 1,500 changes (3000 total changes or more).

That makes sense as the file I am having issues with has 6000+ changes. Is there any luck with the game hanging if the converted database file has less than 3000 changes?

Add me to the list. I imported my XML file from last year and now the Database Changes screen is blank.

On 04/11/2018 at 14:32, DarthFurion said:

Thank you Furion, I've reproduced the bug internally with this information and logged it for our coders to investigate.

Any chance that there has been an update that corrected this? It's really causing my edit to DRAG along...

The editor was updated but I've still got this problem :(

I don't know if I have emphasized this enough, but this is a very maddening, exasperating issue. You all have no idea how badly this slows everything down. If I'm just looking to clean up jersey color edits I made in the past, then I have to remove each change ONE AT A TIME, save and reload the file after each change. My only other option would to be clear all changes made to the club and then save and reload, but doing that means I have to go and reenter all other changes. 

TLDR version: what would normally take about 1 minute can now take up to an hour or even more.

Is there any news about a fix to this bug? My files are on standby until this is fixed.

Edited by grade

It seems there was a little update, but this was still not fixed. 

PLEASE FIX THIS. I'm not a coder, but this does not feel like the kind of issue that would be difficult to sort out.

It's a panel error, it's possible to fix it manually, but please release a fix for all soon.

Extract 'comp editor.fmf'

open comp editor\panels\list auto size.xml with notepad++ etc

and find "<!-- description label -->"

go to 

<widget class="table" id="tabl" fixed_size_rows="true" mode="select_multiple, select_rows, show_bullets, dont_allow_click_unselect_single" select_event="slit">
            <flags id="auto_size" value="vertical" />
        </widget>

change like this 

<widget class="table" id="tabl" fixed_size_rows="true" auto_size_maximum_height="420" mode="select_multiple, select_rows, show_bullets, dont_allow_click_unselect_single" select_event="slit">
        </widget>

Compress 'comp editor.fmf'

Overwrite \Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2019\data 

En 22/11/2018 a las 1:31, KUBI dijo:

It's a panel error, it's possible to fix it manually, but please release a fix for all soon.

Extract 'comp editor.fmf'

open comp editor\panels\list auto size.xml with notepad++ etc

and find "<!-- description label -->"

go to 

<widget class="table" id="tabl" fixed_size_rows="true" mode="select_multiple, select_rows, show_bullets, dont_allow_click_unselect_single" select_event="slit">
        </widget>

change like this 

<widget class="table" id="tabl" fixed_size_rows="true" auto_size_maximum_height="420" mode="select_multiple, select_rows, show_bullets, dont_allow_click_unselect_single" select_event="slit">
        </widget>

Compress 'comp editor.fmf'

Overwrite \Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2019\data 

He tried to apply this solution but I get an error, I hope he will solve it shortly
Because the Reload Database option to Apply Undeleted Change is missing

hace 8 horas, Florian von Saltes dijo:

</widget>

@KUBI

I have used this solution and the problem has been solved:

<widget class="table" id="tabl" fixed_size_rows="true" all_content_same_height="true" auto_size_maximum_height="200" mode="select_multiple, select_rows, show_bullets, dont_allow_click_unselect_single" select_event="slit">
        </widget>

Edited by Florian von Saltes