FM19 Editor

Roy Race 9

51 minutes ago, fidelitywars said:

Perhaps unsurprisingly, that didn't work.

So...anybody got any idea how FM19 will pick up the .fmf file that the FM19 Editor creates for editor data files? Heart sinking here...

looks like its bugged unless its being saved to wrong location

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, kingrobbo said:

I am able to load fmf files I create in fm19 editor, so check the path you are saving the file to

I'm using the default path - C Drive/User/<My name>/Sports Interactive/Documents/Sports Interactive/FM19/Editor Data/<editor data.fmf file>

That where yours are saving to?

1 minute ago, fidelitywars said:

I'm using the default path - C Drive/User/<My name>/Sports Interactive/Documents/Sports Interactive/FM19/Editor Data/<editor data.fmf file>

That where yours are saving to?

Ok, bizarrely i've just saved the exact same file under a different name and it now appears at game's start. Odd but issue resolved...

29 minutes ago, forameuss said:

Anything changed on the FM19 editor that people can see?

mostly in advanced rules, but I was hoping for more, especially after this post

Ridiculously slow with edited leagues to get passed loading screen, if you get passed it.
Then ridiculously slow to start career mode with edited leagues.
I can fudge past it taking out edited leagues out of the folder but then when you put it back instant crash or slow mode.

Anyone got any ideas?

vor 4 Stunden schrieb fidelitywars:

Ok, bizarrely i've just saved the exact same file under a different name and it now appears at game's start. Odd but issue resolved...

So what do you do now to get it working?

9 minutes ago, CR4Z33 said:

So what do you do now to get it working?

Loaded the editor data file in the editor, saved the exact same file under a different name, loaded FM and the file appeared. Bizarre; the original file is still in my editor data folder but still doesn't appear in-game.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb fidelitywars:

Loaded the editor data file in the editor, saved the exact same file under a different name, loaded FM and the file appeared. Bizarre; the original file is still in my editor data folder but still doesn't appear in-game.

Seems not to work for me, or i don´t understand, what you have done. I start the Editor, load my Database and save it again with a short name (cr4 1.fmf). Than i start the game, but still i can´t change the Database at the beginning :(

Where do you finaly save the database to use in the game?

C:\Users\"User Name"\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Editor 2019

C:\Users\"User Name"\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019

I have this to at C: and the Game at:

J:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2019

J:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2019 Editor

1 minute ago, CR4Z33 said:

Seems not to work for me, or i don´t understand, what you have done. I start the Editor, load my Database and save it again with a short name (cr4 1.fmf). Than i start the game, but still i can´t change the Database at the beginning :(

Sorry to say, those steps sound exactly like what worked for me - loaded the editor, loaded the .fmf file that I couldn't see in-game, clicked 'save editor data as,' changed the .fmf file name completely and then loaded FM - the renamed file was then present when started a game. 

Maybe try loading your file, making a couple of small changes, then re-saving as a different name? Otherwise, unfortunately i'm at a loss as to what to suggest.

Good luck - hope something works soon; feel your pain - the frustration was enormous when I couldn't load the data!

vor 2 Minuten schrieb fidelitywars:

Sorry to say, those steps sound exactly like what worked for me - loaded the editor, loaded the .fmf file that I couldn't see in-game, clicked 'save editor data as,' changed the .fmf file name completely and then loaded FM - the renamed file was then present when started a game. 

Maybe try loading your file, making a couple of small changes, then re-saving as a different name? Otherwise, unfortunately i'm at a loss as to what to suggest.

Good luck - hope something works soon; feel your pain - the frustration was enormous when I couldn't load the data!

thx anyways :)

Found my Problem finnaly.

First he Saves it here: C:\Users\"User Name"\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Editor 2019\Cloud\Editor Data\

But with it work, you have to Save the Database here:

C:\Users\"User Name"\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\editor data

No great Change in the path, but now it work for me and i saw all my Database files.

Maybe i can help some others with that. So, finnaly i want to play now, cya laters :)

2 hours ago, CR4Z33 said:

Where do you finaly save the database to use in the game?

C:\Users\"User Name"\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Editor 2019

C:\Users\"User Name"\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019

I have this to at C: and the Game at:

J:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2019

J:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2019 Editor

Don't SAVE it, especially in FMF

Use Export instead, and when doing this UNcheck compressing method in settings. DBC files which exported from editor work, fmf - not always

vor 20 Minuten schrieb Viking:

Has anyone found a way to run both the FM18 and FM19 editor at the same time?

Both files have the same name - just editor. You could try to rename them as Editor 18 and Editor 19. Maybe that would help.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb AGENT_MAHONE:

Good day! Why can not I compress the file in the editor?

They are compressed and saved as .fmf files automatically. Have a look into your backup folder in editor files.

2 минуты назад, KUBI сказал:

Они сжимаются и сохраняются как файлы .fmf автоматически. Просмотрите папку резервного копирования в файлах редактора.

Do not tell me where it should lie by default?

I can't seem to load my FM18 file (base file, with only team names and stadiums and leagues details created).

The .fmf (Compress and Uncompress), FM19 editor doesn't detect it. Try exporting on FM18 editor my file .dbc and when I import it, it gives me an error that it can't load it.

HELP!

1 minute ago, grade said:

I can't seem to load my FM18 file (base file, with only team names and stadiums and leagues details created).

The .fmf (Compress and Uncompress), FM19 editor doesn't detect it. Try exporting on FM18 editor my file .dbc and when I import it, it gives me an error that it can't load it.

HELP!

try to import xml instead of dbc

Just now, Luke Cro said:

i managed to import my croatian database from editor 18 to editor 19... but this new editor looks quite messed up to me

Its always dangerous to work on editor before 19.2 patch. Every year editor is bugged until SI fix 90% of issues.

Archived