FM19 Editor

Roy Race 9

i hope that new patch will be out in couple of days...

anyway it seems i have to set all settings for competitions in nation again... there are no dates, rounds... although i have kits colors many teams, background colors (which is something new this year) are set to blue... i mean wtf?!

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

Its always dangerous to work on editor before 19.2 patch. Every year editor is bugged until SI fix 90% of issues.

Think it's dangerous to just focus on adding players? Have over 500 to add ... and want to get things done before things get busy with my day job at the end of the month

10 minutes ago, grade said:

How do I do make my file XML instead of dbc?

Never mind. I used Kubi's 2015 suggestion and it worked. I have my base file on FM19 editor. Going to check if everything is in there, but i think so, as kept this base file, with only the teams, stadiums and leagues created (i haven't set the add nations rules, I recreate that in every new game).

10 minutes ago, grade said:

Never mind. I used Kubi's 2015 suggestion and it worked. I have my base file on FM19 editor. Going to check if everything is in there, but i think so, as kept this base file, with only the teams, stadiums and leagues created (i haven't set the add nations rules, I recreate that in every new game).

any file you use from previous versions just check for failed changes prior to saving it in new editor can save a lot of hassle 

80% of my older files have worked fine 2 needed some work 1 was buggered so all in all not too bad

3 minutes ago, kingrobbo said:

any file you use from previous versions just check for failed changes prior to saving it in new editor can save a lot of hassle 

80% of my older files have worked fine 2 needed some work 1 was buggered so all in all not too bad

If you can see the list. Mine doesn't show up...

I really starting to wondering why I even bother buy FM at release... Year on year, has becoming more difficult to move my files from one version to another. :(

On 02/11/2018 at 09:30, kingrobbo said:

you need to open fm18 editor  export the files you want (uncompressed) and so they will be in .xml format

then import in fm19 editor

for those unsure you can either export them directly to the FM19 editor data folder or save in FM18 and copy over later

NB you have to save/possibly verify the old files in the new editor to get them to work in game:brock:

@grade you have followed this

7 minutes ago, kingrobbo said:

@grade you have followed this

Yes, i did. But we shouldn't need to go through workarounds to move files from one version to another. Specially those ones that I add just teams to the database and changed nothing to existing database.

The issue is that when i click on Database Changes, where the list of changes from my file, nothing appears, there is only the background colour. Yet when click randomly it goes to team detail of one of my fantasy teams.

Is this happening to any of you guys?

vor 8 Minuten schrieb grade:

Yes, i did. But we shouldn't need to go through workarounds to move files from one version to another. Specially those ones that I add just teams to the database and changed nothing to existing database.

The issue is that when i click on Database Changes, where the list of changes from my file, nothing appears, there is only the background colour. Yet when click randomly it goes to team detail of one of my fantasy teams.

Is this happening to any of you guys?

Check the backup folder in the editor files directory. Saved files are in their, you need to put them out to load it into the game.

I'm running a new save with 4 edited league files, all of them with error messages when testing in the editor, but all running without problems in the game. 

Testing the files in game on holiday for two seasons it sometimes better than the testing/verifying process in the editor.

Just now, KUBI said:

I'm running a new save with 4 edited league files, all of them with error messages when testing in the editor, but all running without problems in the game. 

Test the files in game on holiday for two seasons it sometimes better than the testing/verifying process in the editor.

Holidaying is how i figured out the cup comps aren't working

2 minutos atrás, KUBI disse:

Testing the files in game on holiday for two seasons it sometimes better than the testing/verifying process in the editor.

you are saying that for now we shouldnt verify the file?

9 minutes ago, kingrobbo said:

thats a bit buggy

I would clear the cache for the editor and even reinstall ..back up/copy the files first though, its in your appdata- local SI fm19 editor and then reload 

Try re-installing the editor and erase the cache. The database Changes doesn't show up. It must something with my file. I will try to export my fm18 file again.

3 minutes ago, KUBI said:

always the way to do it

the verify function is pants so many times I have come across issues when file has been verified 100% only sure way run in game to see 

1 hora atrás, KUBI disse:

one of the files that i had worked (premier league file with some edited rules) but others idk why they dont work , already made a topic in this subject on the pre editor thing

18 saat önce, kingrobbo said:

I am able to load fmf files I create in fm19 editor, so check the path you are saving the file to

how did you manage to find those files? mine are gone :seagull:

6 hours ago, KUBI said:

If you save a file with a new name it will be stored in the backup folder. To have the latest changes you need to put the file out of the backup folder. 

So where can i reach to that backup folder?

Here i have a ''last_saved_rules'' but i can't see the file in the editor. Thats a converted data from 18. i worked on the file to update it. I made big proggres but sudently i lost the file.  I don't know where it gone. I have the last_saved_rules'' file but editor doesn't want to see it...

Any idea?

gm.fmf

3 horas atrás, claassen disse:

The editor is very very bugged this year  :(

I can't do an update without there being various error messages, while the same files worked very well with the fm18 editor.  I'm giving up

Same here. And there are no reasonable explanation for these errors.

When you recreate everything from scratch in the FM19 editor, no error messages appear even though everything is set exactly the same as in FM18 files...

7 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

Comp editor.fmf in football manager folder. You need to use Resource Archiver to extract it.

thanks mate, i edited several of those files, but i can't see changes i've made in editor... where i need to put that extracted folder / files??

A lot of little random 'errors' in testing in advanced rules that make no sense or are very vague. I seem to remember last year it would take you to what needed fixing? Anyway it seems that these errors are 'fixed' by simply reloading the database. It's a strange one, I might have to wait for a patch to fully get started :( 

Archived