FM19 Editor

Roy Race 9

I have downloaded and added old FMF files I have been able to use over several years, you usually just have to load them in the current editor and save then your good to go

they do not show up when I select load editor data, they are not xml files so I do not need to use import

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, marcotalhadas said:

I want make the same and the files fmf from FM18 dont appear...

Why?

you need to open fm18 editor  export the files you want (uncompressed) and so they will be in .xml format

then import in fm19 editor

for those unsure you can either export them directly to the FM19 editor data folder or save in FM18 and copy over later

NB you have to save/possibly verify the old files in the new editor to get them to work in game:brock:

3 minutes ago, kingrobbo said:

you need to open fm18 editor  export the files you want (uncompressed) and so they will be in .xml format

then import in fm19 editor

for those unsure you can either export them directly to the FM19 editor data folder or save in FM18 and copy over later

NB you have to save/possibly verify the old files in the new editor to get them to work in game:brock:

That god for that, i was about to cry lol.

4 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

That god for that, i was about to cry lol.

I was too mate loads of work gone into some of those files :D

trying them 1 by 1 in game so far so good will have to take time to really check

1 thing I noticed in a pre season tournament file I have used for many years some competition details are missing, however it loads in game and runs as it should

Just now, kingrobbo said:

I was too mate loads of work gone into some of those files :D

trying them 1 by 1 in game so far so good will have to take time to really check

1 thing I noticed in a pre season tournament file I have used for many years some competition details are missing, however it loads in game and runs as it should

Now i have to open / load / export about 16 files, but i'll take it.

23 minutes ago, KUBI said:

The strange thing is that there is no option in the 2019 editor to save a file compressed, if it was loaded uncompressed.

yes thats just weird

have you any information on this feature please

selecting this option does it combine with current rules/override 

cant see what its purpose is...does it mean it combines with current rules but will allow for random changes in future perhaps? not stick to one set of rules for ever ?

dda42d28488791b44f8fe3e95c17d7d6.png

2 minutes ago, KUBI said:

I could just guess, that this would allow extra promotion/relegation, maybe just to fill up a division or a pool of teams.

ok I can see that being a reason 

I suppose without any concrete info from the devs re this we will have to just play around with it an see how it pans out

cheers

just a quickie the IGE is available from steam or do you purchase while game is open-thro downloads?

5 minutes ago, A_Sober_Paddy said:

I have managed to import my FM18 editor file, but i don't have the option to save in a compressed state.

1 hour ago, KUBI said:

The strange thing is that there is no option in the 2019 editor to save a file compressed, if it was loaded uncompressed.

there you go

55 minutes ago, kingrobbo said:

yes thats just weird

have you any information on this feature please

selecting this option does it combine with current rules/override 

cant see what its purpose is...does it mean it combines with current rules but will allow for random changes in future perhaps? not stick to one set of rules for ever ?

dda42d28488791b44f8fe3e95c17d7d6.png

I'm messing around with it right now. I think it's for leagues like MLS and Argentina that change format every year, and I think they finally opened up some of the MLS expansion/draft stuff in advanced rules.

1. open editor 2018!!!

2. Load ORIGINAL database (I havent succeeded with 18.3)

3. Load Editor Data, then you choose your FMF old file

4. Upper menu->Settings->UNcheck Compress Editor DataFiles

5. Export, choose wisely where you save it. In my case it prompt me to save it in game's default directory in C, when the game is actually on D drive

6. It might ask you if you are sure you want it to be saved as UNcompressed. Say YES

7. Then you have your new DBC file in EditorData 2019 and when you start new game it pop up new window to chose extrafiles

every year it's getting harder to start with edited files....

2 hours ago, drajen said:

1. open editor 2018!!!

5. Export, choose wisely where you save it. In my case it prompt me to save it in game's default directory in C, when the game is actually on D drive

6. It might ask you if you are sure you want it to be saved as UNcompressed. Say YES

7. Then you have your new DBC file in EditorData 2019 and when you start new game it pop up new window to chose extrafiles

No joy, still only a .fmf file.

But i published to steam and then subscribed to it. But since then the game just freezes on start up

1 minute ago, A_Sober_Paddy said:

No joy, still only a .fmf file.

But i published to steam and then subscribed to it. But since then the game just freezes on start up

the game on initial start up is pathetically slow when you select career mode, takes a split second for me on FM18

I have a system built for FM play and it runs all leagues with no effort at all

this does not feel right  takes a couple of minutes to load to that page

1 minute ago, A_Sober_Paddy said:

Its taking 10 minutes to leave the loading screen at least...but if i manually remove the editor files from the file directory loads in 30 seconds

yes I did the same thing now just to check

bang screen loads as per FM18

put files back in folder and slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow mode activated:(

2 minutes ago, A_Sober_Paddy said:

So its not just me...maybe its to do with the file no longer being compressed...as they removed that option

no wont be that

it is like we used to see a few versions back where it woldnt load and you get a message saying FM is dangerously low on memory 

1 minute ago, kingrobbo said:

no wont be that

it is like we used to see a few versions back where it woldnt load and you get a message saying FM is dangerously low on memory 

1 minute ago, Foss said:

I've got the same issue with slow loading speeds if editor data files are present.

How do we get SI to look at this? Is this going to be a priority for them. Wasn't in fm17 where the editor didn't work on release and took them a month to fix it?

3 hours ago, drajen said:

1. open editor 2018!!!

Stupid question....but i've made a load of changes using the FM19 Editor but am unable to load them when starting a new game in FM19; do I really have to reinstall FM18 and its editor and follow the above steps in order to use this data in FM19? Seems absolutely ludicrous....

6 minutes ago, fidelitywars said:

Stupid question....but i've made a load of changes using the FM19 Editor but am unable to load them when starting a new game in FM19; do I really have to reinstall FM18 and its editor and follow the above steps in order to use this data in FM19? Seems absolutely ludicrous....

Perhaps unsurprisingly, that didn't work.

So...anybody got any idea how FM19 will pick up the .fmf file that the FM19 Editor creates for editor data files? Heart sinking here...

Just spent several hours making a custom db, saved as 'Fix 1' then just the save button after every major edit. Loaded the database (but not the editor data) again when I was done to make a db with no injuries and saved. Then I remembered I should have used the 'save as' button and did that, named it 'Injuries 1'. When I now want to edit the 'Fix 1' file it's nowhere to be found! Not even in the editor data folder. Could use some help as I don't want to spend all that time doing it all over again. 

Edit: Posted in the bugs forum 

I imported an FM18 database and notice that if you click database changes, the changes momentarily appear, but after it finishes processing everything below "rely on earlier changes." is invisible. That said, the cursor does change when it goes over the relevant buttons - so I do know it's there just not visible.

Anyone else having this issue?

Archived