[FM19] - Polish lower leagues (down to 4th level)

I took different approach to my file due to editor limits (can not create 8th and 9th level due to (too much) number of child competitions). I have created myself a new plan for work, played with editor so I'm now more familiar with options and possible tweaks to this file. I'll be fully commited till summer (research for fm20 starts) so expect regular updates regarding this database. And all changes in league competitions are done in basic rules (unless there's a note in changelog that I've switched to advanced rules)

DOWNLOAD FROM MEDIAFIRE

CHANGELOG

First Division (2nd March)

• - deducted 3 points from Stomil Olsztyn (2nd March)

Second Division (2nd March)

• - activated (2nd March)
  • - deducted 2 points from GKS Bełchatów (2nd March)
  • - set correct Dates/Break Period (2nd March)
  • - set match/squad/substitution rules (2nd March)
  • - set league sorting rules (2nd March)

Third Division (2nd March)

• - activated (2nd March)
  • - set correct Dates/Break Period (Group 1 season end date was moved due to clash with season update day) (2nd March)
  • - set match/squad/substitution rules (2nd March)
  • - disabled B/reserve team promotion (reserve teams are overpowered as always) (2nd March)
  • - set league sorting rules (2nd March)

Update Details

Almost 5000 clubs created

Most clubs are created from scratch, kits from Ekstraklasa to 4th division are real, from Klasa Okręgowa to Klasa C have randomized colors (unless I've found real kits). Teams are professional and semi-professional (3rd and 4th division) and amateur (few clubs in 4th division and all teams in levels below). Reputation are set along with researcher guidelines (to ensure real strength of clubs). Few extinct clubs were activated due to them being active in lower division (no point of creating new club), and reputation set accordingly. Finances and supporters weren't touched. Stadiums are real named, attendances are set if known (division average if not known), facilities level were set accordingly to polish/world scale. NO PLAYERS WERE ADDED.

Around 4800 cities/towns and stadiums created

I thought about creating all cities in Poland but it's pointless because more 'blank' Cities without clubs would add only 'birth variety' when youth intake comes.  All cities have inhabitants range set, along with latitude/longitude (haven't set them for stadiums). Stadiums are set in 99% cases as council owned, capacity and seating capacity are set if known.

374 competitions created

All senior levels and divisions were created. Regional boundaries are not set because I have good relationship with setting regional division to individual clubs. Minimum/Maximum teams are usually 10-20 because it's not possible to set 100% correct dynamic relegation and if clubs have been moved from division to division - it's always the closest division to correct one (to ensure no big financial loses due to traveling). REGIONAL CUPS WERE NOT CREATED (but they will be, no worries)

New affiliations [WIP]

If there's such note or information in newspaper/website, such collaboration is set. Most partnerships are for loaning youth/sharing scouting or sharing grounds (if clubs are from same or near city). 

Polish letters in cities [WIP]

There are no polish letters in first/second name but they are in polish clubs. But not in polish cities. And because around 300 cities are easier to change only cities will be edited, and local regions.

Regional divisions set

In Poland there are 16 voivodeships, some are bigger and some are smaller. So one of my priorities is to set real promotion/relegation divisions to add depth and reality to this file. Weirdly in other files I've tried, number of clubs in division is so strict, it can just move your club from west to east (I even saw that in some threads in Career Updates). 

F.A.Q

Why this file is so big?

Number of changes is enormous, I've tried to 'compress' and reduce number of changes and still there are more (and will be) than 50,000 changes to the file. 

Why loading your file is taking so long?

Look above and adding to that, there are not many other editor files with that many changes and added divisions so loading my file will take some time. But no more than 15-20 minutes I promise.

Why editing this file take you so much time? 

Even though I have much spare time, I need to divide this time not to become bored or discouraged. If there is progress with file - I'll post this. If there's problem or I need to take a break - I'll post this as well.

Will you add players to the teams?

I had plans to add at least Third Division players (the missing ones of course) but I don't have the time to scout them and transfer them or add history. But maybe if we find more people to do research in Third Division, we'll add fourth division players to vanilla database. But one can only hope.

Future plans for this file and FM20 version

• - adding youth leagues
  • - creating fantasy regional divisions (have all 9th levels playable with only little tweaks to competitions)
  • - creating logos for clubs and competitions
  • - creating polish national and regional media (without journalists)

1 hour ago, DamianJB said:

Are u planning to realease a version after ESA league structure change ?

it will happen no sooner than 19/20 so probably not (so fm20 would be with new structure anyway). I'll try to make 5th level and PROBABLY 6th until the end of the year.

I and my friend Kajetan also working on Polish Structure. We have almost ready 7 levels of Polish  structure. Unfortunately when we change rules to advanced  Editor can't verify this.. :/

939f3ea4c980617b75557f4af0cb02e1.png

8 hours ago, bartekr said:

I and my friend Kajetan also working on Polish Structure. We have almost ready 7 levels of Polish  structure. Unfortunately when we change rules to advanced  Editor can't verify this.. :/ 

939f3ea4c980617b75557f4af0cb02e1.png

That's why I'm waiting with switching to advanced rules to create more depth. Editor is bugged as hell, veryfiyng is annoying (and sometimes just impossible). So maybe we have to wait for SI to fix bugs because you can't even import files from fm18.

6 hours ago, Bigpole said:

That's why I'm waiting with switching to advanced rules to create more depth. Editor is bugged as hell, veryfiyng is annoying (and sometimes just impossible). So maybe we have to wait for SI to fix bugs because you can't even import files from fm18.

You can import files, but you must export this uncompressed from 2018 Editor.

2 minutes ago, bartekr said:

You can import files, but you must export this uncompressed from 2018 Editor. 

I know, I did that, but people complained about problems with importing and you cant even save as compressed now.

I'm quite proud of this - 3rd season and only 2 teams are in wrong divisions (each of 4 groups contains 4 voivodeships)

- KKS Kalisz was in correct II group and was moved probably due to too many teams from one voivodeship. Kalisz lies infact quite close to lodzkie voivodeship (west border of I group) so won't be much problem with travelling so I'm happy

- Warta Gorzów Wlkp should be in III group (dont be misguided by name, Gorzów is in lubuskie voivodeship) but was moved to II group due to the same problem as in Kalisz case I guess, but it's even closer to the south border of II group so I'm happy as well.

I've checked 5th level and it all looks very promising indeed - spent my entire morning tweaking regional borders and evening testing it. Small mistake can occur because editor don't have ability to be 100% accurate with promoting/relegating teams to correct divisions (and it's even harder because in real life is dynamic relegation which is quite tricky to implement fully (I guess all divisions must be active).

The only problem I think is with II/reserve teams - yes, they are op as always. Lowering reputation of course doesn't work so probably I'll block them from promoting to Second Division (3rd level)

20181107224346_1.jpg

20181107224351_1.jpg

20181107224352_1.jpg

20181107224354_1.jpg

21 minutes ago, Ceyvol said:

You forgot about kits and crests colors.

kits will be added next week surely, but I don't know why crests are not showing. I've changed them in editor.

24.11 update (link in 1st post)

- corrected kits for 18/19 season (90% of 5th level, the rest will be done by end of the month due to lack of time)

- Raw beta version of Klasa Okręgowa (6th level) should be done by the end of the month (only teams created and regional division and city set, without kits, crests, stadiums set)

- when 5th level is done, I'll be doing polish media (newspapers, bookies, websites)

- If 6th level won't be giving bugs, I'll do regional cups (all 16, with prizes).

- I'm thinking about logopack for clubs and competitions but it's my lowest priority right now.

- I'll try to gather information about affiliations and links between clubs to create even more depth.

- Basic youth competitions are in the game already but I'm thinking about expanding them but this is low priority either.

- polish letters (cities and clubs only) will be in next release, I'm not using any fix so if you won't be seeing polish names - fix would be the problem, not my update.

08.12 update

- All kits for 5th lvl done

- Whole structure of polish football pyramid done down to 9th level (ALPHA VERSION)

- Promotions/relegations are as real as editor made it possible

- No regional cups/media/graphics until bugs and crashes are fixed

- No youth cups for now for sure

- Polish letters in cities are implemented

- If I get rid of crashes or bugs - I'll upload the file for testing (it'll be a busy weekend)

I've started from scratch with adding leagues and divisions and 7th level (Klasa A) works okay but 8th and 9th level are causing crashes. I've reported issue in bugs section so for now I'll make 8th and 9th level inactive to 'workaround' crashes. 

• Bigpole changed the title to [FM19][WIP] - Polish lower leagues (down to 7th level)
1 minute ago, Sopel said:

Hey @Bigpole , how is the work going? Any estimates on when we will be able to player levels lower than the 5th?  

Apart from creating the stadiums and small tweaks in rules - beta version of my file should be ready this week. I did an in-game simulation for 3 seasons and promotions/relegations were 95% correct (teams in 6th level sometimes are going to wrong subdivision but they don't 'change' voivodeship). Few teams in silesia are based in lesser poland cities/towns but they are promoted/relegated to their respective silesian sub-divisions.

It's hard to get any info on stadiums below 5th level so I'd probably set the same capacity but change attendance according to the size of city (lower league clubs from biggest cities will have bigger attendance but not by much).

2 minutes ago, Bigpole said:

Apart from creating the stadiums and small tweaks in rules - beta version of my file should be ready this week. I did an in-game simulation for 3 seasons and promotions/relegations were 95% correct (teams in 6th level sometimes are going to wrong subdivision but they don't 'change' voivodeship). Few teams in silesia are based in lesser poland cities/towns but they are promoted/relegated to their respective silesian sub-divisions.

It's hard to get any info on stadiums below 5th level so I'd probably set the same capacity but change attendance according to the size of city (lower league clubs from biggest cities will have bigger attendance but not by much).

Great to hear that! Just one question - is the A Klasa Gorzów Wielkopolski II (Słubice) included in your project?

5 minutes ago, Bigpole said:

Any progress about child comps bug? Maybe you can separate lower levels to multiple parent comps?

Just now, Sopel said:

Great to hear that! Just one question - is the A Klasa Gorzów Wielkopolski II (Słubice) included in your project? 

all A Klasa divisions are in the game so yes. Unfortunatelly, Kits in 6th division and lower are randomized, due to lack of reliable (or any) information. If you have request to make some real colours - don't hesitate.

Just now, krlenjushka said:

Any progress about child comps bug? Maybe you can separate lower levels to multiple parent comps?

I could do this actually, since every voivodeship has their own 'structure'. But for now, I'll concentrate on what's playable and in 2019 I'll play with editor.

The good news is the file is not loading as long as the other file with polish lower divisions (mine is around 20minutes, other file is around 40minutes). Dunno if that's because my file is made in basic rules (for now).

Just now, Bigpole said:

all A Klasa divisions are in the game so yes. Unfortunatelly, Kits in 6th division and lower are randomized, due to lack of reliable (or any) information. If you have request to make some real colours - don't hesitate.

I could do this actually, since every voivodeship has their own 'structure'. But for now, I'll concentrate on what's playable and in 2019 I'll play with editor.

The good news is the file is not loading as long as the other file with polish lower divisions (mine is around 20minutes, other file is around 40minutes). Dunno if that's because my file is made in basic rules (for now).

Who cares about loading time. Its normal when we have huge databases.

1 minute ago, krlenjushka said:

Who cares about loading time. Its normal when we have huge databases. 

I've noticed that databases with little child comps (10-20) but with many levels (9-10 like Holland or Austria) are loading faster then 7-8levels but with many child comps.

4 minutes ago, Bigpole said:

So then, if I could ask if adding the kits for Celuloza Kostrzyn nad Odrą would be possible?
Kits colors can be found here:
Front: 

Back (w/ GK kit visible): 

Also, on other note - will the future changes of Ekstraklasa be added? I'm talking about the Foreign Players limits lifted and inclusion of one polish U21 player on the pitch, the financial changes coming from TV rights, ESA 18 reform?

3 minutes ago, Sopel said:

So then, if I could ask if adding the kits for Celuloza Kostrzyn nad Odrą would be possible?
Kits colors can be found here:
Front: 

Back (w/ GK kit visible): 

Also, on other note - will the future changes of Ekstraklasa be added? I'm talking about the Foreign Players limits lifted and inclusion of one polish U21 player on the pitch, the financial changes coming from TV rights, ESA 18 reform? 

do you have away kit?

regarding other changes: If I finish stadiums and basic rules - I'll switch to advanced rules and think about the incoming reform. Don't know if I can make this year current rules and next year new ones (if I can I'd do) but If I can't, I'll make 'alternative version with changes only to financial aspects, squad rules and esa18.

1 minute ago, Bigpole said:

do you have away kit?

regarding other changes: If I finish stadiums and basic rules - I'll switch to advanced rules and think about the incoming reform. Don't know if I can make this year current rules and next year new ones (if I can I'd do) but If I can't, I'll make 'alternative version with changes only to financial aspects, squad rules and esa18.

Welp it's Klasa A after all so I don't think they have an away kit :P But I think away should be this:
And away/second GK kit is just solid yellow. Thank you very much!

• 2 weeks later...

business trips and research for FM 19.3 winter update (not only my club)  takes time so first half of the month is busy and little work will be done. I'll be running simultaneously save with all leagues loaded for 5-10 years to see if there's any major crashes.

• 3 weeks later...

19.3 version is here, so in next few days I'll release 5th level file and I'll start working on lower levels.

Unfortunately only 7th level will be available, due to crashes when number of child comps is over 130-140. 

On 02/03/2019 at 10:12, Bigpole said:

19.3 version is here, so in next few days I'll release 5th level file and I'll start working on lower levels.

Unfortunately only 7th level will be available, due to crashes when number of child comps is over 130-140. 

Glad to have you back! :D

What exactly does "Work in Progress" mean? What are you planning to add to the existing files?

1 hour ago, Sopel said:

Glad to have you back! :D

What exactly does "Work in Progress" mean? What are you planning to add to the existing files?

Work in Progress and text below means that I'll add what I pointed out. 8th and 9th level will be in game, but because of crashes - will be set as inactive. I had to delete everything below 5th level to rethink the shape of the file. I 'compressed' number of changes to minimize size and loading time. And I think I've found the option to set Pro Junior System money for lower divisions and reduce the 'power' of B teams but it will be tested thoroughly to not cause pendulum effect. 

On 05/03/2019 at 19:29, Bigpole said:

Work in Progress and text below means that I'll add what I pointed out. 8th and 9th level will be in game, but because of crashes - will be set as inactive. I had to delete everything below 5th level to rethink the shape of the file. I 'compressed' number of changes to minimize size and loading time. And I think I've found the option to set Pro Junior System money for lower divisions and reduce the 'power' of B teams but it will be tested thoroughly to not cause pendulum effect.  

another (beta) version will be this week, it will contain all playable divisions (down to 7th level) but without kits/crests/stadiums. I'll probably set only boundaries/regional divisions to check if there are no major problems with teams promoting/relegating to wrong divisions.

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, campos08 said:

You are doing fantastic job sir. Do you have idea when can we expect playable 4th tier?  Don't want to rush you but I can't wait to start career with my 4th division home team ;)

I'm having problems with lower divisions, they crash in 2nd season and I don't know why. So probably I'll release 4th tier and try to workaround maybe. 

2 hours ago, Bigpole said:

I'm having problems with lower divisions, they crash in 2nd season and I don't know why. So probably I'll release 4th tier and try to workaround maybe. 

What crashes exactly and how?

1 hour ago, Ceyvol said:

What crashes exactly and how?

older version of my file was working okay on 4th and 5th tier but now when I'm testing competition in editor it crashes at the end of the season. I have no idea why, because league structure is untouched. I'd be furious if it turns out that I can't fix this.

Nice database Bigpole, you’re a expert in editing FM databases. Now a question (I believe it’s an stupid question but it is very important for the DB I’m doing): What’s the limit of child competitions?

2 hours ago, Tonao said:

Nice database Bigpole, you’re a expert in editing FM databases. Now a question (I believe it’s an stupid question but it is very important for the DB I’m doing): What’s the limit of child competitions?

My bet is around 140-150, but don't know exact number.

28 minutos atrás, Bigpole disse:

My bet is around 140-150, but don't know exact number.

If you’re right, my France to Level 17 DB will be harmed as the number of competitions/groups in departmental levels (Level 9 to 17) goes beyond this. I need to check it, I’m not at home, when I back to I’ll see the exact number.

Archived