Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

• Players moaning for new contracts too often
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)

This poll is closed to new votes

Anyone getting random staff members being sacked? Just had a scout all of sudden have his contract terminated... It's right at the start of a new save, so not sure whats going on?

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Luizinho said:

Anyone getting random staff members being sacked? Just had a scout all of sudden have his contract terminated... It's right at the start of a new save, so not sure whats going on?

Are you sure you don't have other staff responsible for hiring/firing staff? 

vor 15 Minuten schrieb pejocho:

Anyone who has played or simulated a few hours can tell me if the number of goals (especially strikers goals) is still low or if it has been fixed?

I just finished a simulation of one season of the top five leagues on full detail. These are the best 10 goalscorers in each league:

Premier League:

Salah 20
Rashford 18
Aubameyang 18
Batshuayi 17
Hazard 16
Shaqiri 14
Higuain 14
Pogba 14
Kane 13
Jesus 12

La Liga:

Suarez 20
Carillo 17
Griezmann 17
Aduriz 16
Gomez 15
Kike 14
Iglesias 13
Tomas 13
Leon 13
Messi 12

Bundesliga

Reus 26
Werner 24
Haller 21
Usami 15
Lewandowski 14
Kramaric 13
Rebic 11
Brandt 11
Embolo 10
Gregoritsch 9

Serie A:

Ronaldo 25
Icardi 21
Immobile 17
Dybala 17
Belotti 16
Muriel 14
Pavon 13
Baselli 13
Zaza 13
Petagna 13

Ligue 1:

Cavani 27
Thuram 20
Depay 20
Boschilia 17
Mbappe 16
Beric 16
Waris 15
Chavarria 15
Fekir 14
Lopes 14

I think it has improved but they are still a bit too low.

Edited by Guest

For feedback I'd say my first impression is that UI is much more responsive and the game runs much faster and smoother. The on-click delay I had previously are gone and the page load is much swifter.

I'll keep trying things and get a better feel for it, but my initial impression of the UI itself seems much improved.

Am 20.2.2019 um 18:17 schrieb Cadoni:

Sometimes the best marking, is leaving a player unmarked.
If they win in 1v1 you have a player (which marked the opposition) completely off position and defending shape.
That's why you see the Bayern players do not marking Salah.

Also it seems very easy to shift t least 2 defenders over to the side still if Liverpool manages to pass to the right and shift  the play there. It looks like it will still result in at least a 1 on 1 situation leaving ore time for defenders to shift to another shape then and help out.

45 minutes ago, XaW said:

Are you sure you don't have other staff responsible for hiring/firing staff? 

Yes I just checked responsibilities and I'm in-charge for hiring/firing. It's was a couple of scouts if that helps...

For those that have played through the Winter: 

Are players and board still throwing a fit about pre-arranged transfers? I had a near revolt upon me and had to declare the reasons for something I had no hand in and don't want it manyfolds now with all the new movements.

Besides this issue, which will decide when or with whom I start my new save, I am looking forwards to some changes, particularly about Strikers. I've had my fun with what worked and the teams I managed but now it is time to start other teams and tactics. (please tell me F9 drop properly back now!)

Also, hopefully some fixes to Throw-ins and corners. I love them short and secure and so far this was not even funny how much it borked the engine. Sure, nice for a fun game of exciting, high scoring lower league develeopment but once it gets serious it was either abuse or one legitimate tactic out of the question. 

This is simple 442 with narrow defence and narrow attack. We are the yellows. Look the attackers (DLF) how far is from the midfield. That's what I am talking. They stand next to the two central defenders. Even with different role (CF, AF etc) and PI "Roam From Position" they stay next to defenders. 

442_simple.png

25 minutes ago, Luizinho said:

Yes I just checked responsibilities and I'm in-charge for hiring/firing. It's was a couple of scouts if that helps...

Then I'm stumped. Maybe they were on amateur contracts? I don't know, but you should probably report it in the bugs section, especially if you have a save from before it happened and if it keeps happening when you play from there. Easiest way to fix something is to provide a way to replicate it! 

13 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Guys, cohesion is changing for you? Im in october and still have no any progress.

231772915_Image5.png.d49976d89e61fc953b3384549a945b43.png

Yeap. Not a problem with that. I have my first eleven and second eleven for rotation. Rotation is going to take place after 4-6 games in row from first eleven and less significant games. 

17 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Guys, cohesion is changing for you? Im in october and still have no any progress.

231772915_Image5.png.d49976d89e61fc953b3384549a945b43.png

No issues with cohesion at all in the game, i have 11 new players and tac fam in 3 months with good team cohesion before dec

1 hour ago, Piperita said:

For those that have played through the Winter: 

Are players and board still throwing a fit about pre-arranged transfers? I had a near revolt upon me and had to declare the reasons for something I had no hand in and don't want it manyfolds now with all the new movements.

Besides this issue, which will decide when or with whom I start my new save, I am looking forwards to some changes, particularly about Strikers. I've had my fun with what worked and the teams I managed but now it is time to start other teams and tactics. (please tell me F9 drop properly back now!)

Also, hopefully some fixes to Throw-ins and corners. I love them short and secure and so far this was not even funny how much it borked the engine. Sure, nice for a fun game of exciting, high scoring lower league develeopment but once it gets serious it was either abuse or one legitimate tactic out of the question. 

Pre arranged transfers are a long standing problem I have had problems with these in FM16

vor 16 Minuten schrieb Tony Wright 747:

Pre arranged transfers are a long standing problem I have had problems with these in FM16

Yes I don't like those pre arranged transfers, too. I would like to have a database with updated player ratings but without those transfers.

2 часа назад, Cadoni сказал:

Yeap. Not a problem with that. I have my first eleven and second eleven for rotation. Rotation is going to take place after 4-6 games in row from first eleven and less significant games. 

I know, to this moment I had almost all wins and good teamplay. I asked about visual display of this. But yes, it slowly but moves to right green side

Second eleven - lol :) I tried to play in 16-18 persons. But its no bad, just as you want

Loaded up and old save just to look into the game, i also think the UI runs a lot more fluid.Also the game itself looks interesting, the ball movement seems a lot ore fluid and less static and the ball glued to the players this often results in soe weird actions too, but all in all i like it , my players are supposed to make some mstakes too after all in Liga 2.

1 hour ago, Yasp0 said:

Since the new patch it seems way harder to score. Creating the same amount of chances but scoring way less. And my strikers cant score anymore... More people noticed this?

Yes. Played 7 games since the update and my strikers have scored one goal between them.

1 minute ago, rjferguson90 said:

Yes. Played 7 games since the update and my strikers have scored one goal between them.

My crappy striker have 5 in 8 in the new game I made on the new update. 

These are my results with a team predicted for relegation.

47RruWy.png

I'm using the same tactic I used with great success before the update. And don't notice a problem in goals scored.

However, I do agree the number of goals seems a bit on the low side in AI vs AI matches.

I have found a new bug in the game, that wasn't there in 19.2.3.

I like to play from the bottom tier of any given league and work my way up.  As a result, I holidayed in England until 24 June 2019 and saved.  I then holidayed for one day, seeing if any promoted teams interested me.  If not, I reload and holiday for a day again.  Usually, they change for each save and you keep going until you get a club you want.  Each and every occasion, the promoted teams are Warrington, Kettering, Lancaster, Hendon, Salisbury & Dorking Wanderers.  They never change.

So I tried with the Dutch league.  I holidayed for two seasons (as no relegation in the first season) and each and every time I reload, I get Rijnburgse Boys.

So, is this a bug?  Or do you now simulate the results for the non visible tiers so no matter how often you reload, the promoted teams are fixed?

8 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

I like to play from the bottom tier of any given league and work my way up.  As a result, I holidayed in England until 24 June 2019 and saved.  I then holidayed for one day, seeing if any promoted teams interested me.  If not, I reload and holiday for a day again.  Usually, they change for each save and you keep going until you get a club you want.  Each and every occasion, the promoted teams are Warrington, Kettering, Lancaster, Hendon, Salisbury & Dorking Wanderers.  They never change.

So I tried with the Dutch league.  I holidayed for two seasons (as no relegation in the first season) and each and every time I reload, I get Rijnburgse Boys.

So, is this a bug?  Or do you now simulate the results for the non visible tiers so no matter how often you reload, the promoted teams are fixed?

I would like to know this myself. It really changes how a lot of the challenges work. Reloading to get the team you want promoted is a big part of the dafuges challenge for instance...

14 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

This also happened to me in Brazil. Same four teams promoted from the inactive fourth division, and the same thing also happens in following season (with different clubs of course). Really hope this can be addressed.

I've not yet 'played' any matches on the new update (frankly, I'm not in the mood right now after a recent family bereavement).

However, I have simulated a season on a holiday save I started a few weeks ago. The Premier League is the only league set to Full Detail, and I've definitely noticed significantly fewer goals being scored than pre-update. The most prolific team got (I think) 76 goals and Harry Kane was top scorer with 23... so we're not quite at CM00/01 levels of boring football, but goals are arguably harder to come by now.

Of course, that's one simulated season of one 'Full Detail' league - hardly the biggest sample size.

Mind you, I saw a lot of outlandish AI vs AI results in my saves before this update, the most incredible being Blackpool 2-8 Wycombe, and it was getting quite difficult to suspend disbelief. Mexico beating Honduras 8-0 in the Gold Cup Final also struck me as being a bit peculiar. Seeing fewer freak results - and fewer goals in general - might actually be a good thing in my eyes.

1 hour ago, XaW said:

I would like to know this myself. It really changes how a lot of the challenges work. Reloading to get the team you want promoted is a big part of the dafuges challenge for instance...

Has anyone tried saving a couple of days earlier or a week beforehand? It's possible it's just determining promotions earlier on, but it's also possible it's switched to a more predictable or even totally deterministic set of factors for determining who gets promoted...

Which probably isn't going to make much difference to people who want to manage Bari, but is going to make a big difference to people wanting to promote their favourite Isthmian League side for a challenge which disallows editing starting reputation...

I had a problem in FM18 where my set pieces would get totally messed up when I switched between tactics with different formations during games. For example, if i started the game with a 4-2-3-1, and then switched to my 4-1-2-3, players would not position themselves as I had instructed them when creating the tactic at the drawing board before the game. This has made me hesitant to switch between formations during games, which is of course an important tool for a manager.

Is this still an issue in FM19?

Edited by ottey_swe

1 hour ago, enigmatic said:

Has anyone tried saving a couple of days earlier or a week beforehand? It's possible it's just determining promotions earlier on, but it's also possible it's switched to a more predictable or even totally deterministic set of factors for determining who gets promoted...

Which probably isn't going to make much difference to people who want to manage Bari, but is going to make a big difference to people wanting to promote their favourite Isthmian League side for a challenge which disallows editing starting reputation...

I've tried saving/reloading 2 weeks earlier but results were always the same. It appears that promoted teams are decided at the start of the save, they might be different if you start a new save but this also means a full year of holiday every time instead of just a few days so a huge difference. I don't know why this has been changed, seems another little thing that won't change much for most people but is incredibly annoying for a few

1 hour ago, enigmatic said:

I had a save about a week before the rotation, but still the same teams every reload.

Good OP, at least you're being productive and listing the bugs etc. I know I can be critical without much backup (I give up). But good to see I am not the only one finding bugs and repetitive issues/content from older FM's. 

I will leave it there. I promised myself no more unproductive posts :D. 

PS I have a feeling this thread will be closed and/or be moved to Bugs forum where we can list the bugs/issues that are present, which would be fair enough :) But hopefully this thread gets more people posting more bug reports

Edited by Preveza

1 hour ago, Weston said:

I have to say I'm very disappointed in how many bugs the winter update has left still unaddressed. Feel free to add any others I've left off:

What I think the issue is, is that SI have left so many small issues unaddressed, that for them to go back and rectify all these smaller issues, it would take forever. Unfortunate. Assist issue, offside issue, repetitive and same answers to same questions, etc etc. The only way to stop this from happening is to fix the bug or issue etc, as soon as its reported. Otherwise, the problem becomes all clogged up and a mess. Just like the current state

Well, the high numbers of hitting Goal Posts and Bar right after the update have toned down to a more believeable number but seem to be stil quite a bit high.

If the ME gives better Matches is hard to say bcs atm i am still in a lower league (Leage 4 after starting in League 6 in Germany) and i dont know how the ME handles that.

My Strikers had never troubles to score Goals in the previous MEs and i had plenty of through balls.

The new ME seems to make defending Players and Goalkeepeers become defending Superman and my side which is one of the weakest in the League as i dont get my Hand on better Players for a lack of Status became nearly unable to score after the update.

I made one Adjustment that may make the Team work again but it has to proof itself in competitive league games - so far i only won the Lower Leagues Cup which qualifies me for the DFB Pokal (the main Cup in Germany) but i dont know yet if it was a Freak Result game or is a sign of reliable success to come.

Time will tell...

Edited by Etebaer

Is there something wrong with Argentina db? At the start of the first season, all Argentina based clubs have their player values dropped. Boca accepting 3.5m € bid for Benedetto and 4.2m € bid for Cristian Pavon. River is selling Lucas Martinez Quarta for 2m €. Many good players from the league can be bought below 1m €.

@Neil Brock Is the 19.3.0 changelist exhaustive (in terms of non-ME bugfixes)? It does seem quite short compared to past winter updates, and I'd be interested to know if some of @Weston's issues have indeed been fixed.

My personal gripe is that East Asian newgens still look too much like Caucasians with darkened skin tones. I can understand why something such as that is perhaps a low-priority issue, but after FM18's chameleon newgens went unaddressed in the final patch, I was expecting better.

I don't normally have a go at SI, and I have little time for those who provide unconstructive criticism (though Weston's is a good example of constructive criticism). However, I'm deeply troubled that there hasn't been a single response from SI on the "Manager Man and Generated Staff/Player Faces" bugs forum for over THREE MONTHS. While the company does generally respond quickly and effectively to most complaints, it feels like they are not listening to us regarding the state of newgens.

As great a game as FM19 still is, the ongoing newgen debacle is leaving a sour taste in my mouth. For the first time, I am prepared to use a replacement facepack for any East Asian newgens who end up in my team. If these major issues go on into FM20 and FM21, I may even switch newgen faces off completely, if indeed I am still playing the game at all.

1 hour ago, Had_Enough said:

I don't envy the devs sifting through all this.

I'm reading a lot of it and I'm finding it impossible to conclude what is down to the ME or just someone's tactics. 

How can over 15 bugs from this year and previous years be someones tactics? lol. In particular, registration issues, assist issues, players reactions to media handling, promotion/relegation type bugs just to scratch the surface. Hmmm yep, must be my tactics :(

1 minute ago, Preveza said:

How can over 15 bugs from this year and previous years be someones tactics? lol. In particular, registration issues, assist issues, players reactions to media handling, promotion/relegation type bugs just to scratch the surface. Hmmm yep, must be my tactics :(

:rolleyes: read what I said again. 

5 minutes ago, CFuller said:

@Neil Brock Is the 19.3.0 changelist exhaustive (in terms of non-ME bugfixes)? It does seem quite short compared to past winter updates, and I'd be interested to know if some of @Weston's issues have indeed been fixed.

My personal gripe is that East Asian newgens still look too much like Caucasians with darkened skin tones. I can understand why something such as that is perhaps a low-priority issue, but after FM18's chameleon newgens went unaddressed in the final patch, I was expecting better.

I don't normally have a go at SI, and I have little time for those who provide unconstructive criticism (though Weston's is a good example of constructive criticism). However, I'm deeply troubled that there hasn't been a single response from SI on the "Manager Man and Generated Staff/Player Faces" bugs forum for over THREE MONTHS. While the company does generally respond quickly and effectively to most complaints, it feels like they are not listening to us regarding the state of newgens.

As great a game as FM19 still is, the ongoing newgen debacle is leaving a sour taste in my mouth. For the first time, I am prepared to use a replacement facepack for any East Asian newgens who end up in my team. If these major issues go on into FM20 and FM21, I may even switch newgen faces off completely, if indeed I am still playing the game at all.

The response I received from Neil Brock was something along the lines of its a processing speed type gripe. I assume they can massively improve the faces, but it may lead to huge knock on effects in terms of game speed for slower PC's. I was told its all about getting the balance right. 

7 minutes ago, Preveza said:

The response I received from Neil Brock was something along the lines of its a processing speed type gripe. I assume they can massively improve the faces, but it may lead to huge knock on effects in terms of game speed for slower PC's. I was told its all about getting the balance right. 

You've misread his post. His reply was to your second point on the AI. 

4 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

You've misread his post. His reply was to your second point on the AI. 

Huh? You mean Neil's post? Pretty sure CFuller's post is about regen faces. Correct me if im wrong :) 

Minor in the scheme of things but anybody else noticing that the ‘recommended current ability’ field in the pre-game editor no longer calculates correctly; it just seems to mirror whatever is set for current ability or strangely, just set a value of current ability -1. 

A think most people expect way too much. None of the bugs reported are what you will call high priority or game breaking. More like just annoying. 

There has never been correct me if am wrong, a regen face fix in any update. Thats only done in the next version of the game. 

SI it seems correct me again if am wrong, made a focus on getting the ME and trying to fix some of the problems it had or fine tune the ME as to reduce the problems.

FM has never had game breaking bugs just annoyances that is undoubtedly a low priority. I've stated it before and i will state it again, SI spoil us. All major game titles have bugs in it for years that have still not been fixed,you all want  a bug free game it aint gonna happen no such thing exists.  

IIs just me, or is someone else finding this game too easy? I often have games with Liverpool where opponents have 0 shots on goal. I have great team (Mpape, Bailey, Milinkovic Savic etc) but still Is it normal to beat everyone without any effort?