Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

• Players moaning for new contracts too often
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)

This poll is closed to new votes

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Match Engine in the beta is always a more basic version of what will be released in the full game, likely to see if the majority pick up on the same thing the SI crew picked up on.

Hence why you get "games too easy" chat every single time the beta comes out, then silence from the same people when the full game comes out. Give them a few days to save and reload an unbeaten season so they can post in here to save face, though.

Look at Hearts of Scotland in real life. Past few weeks they've lost their two starting centre halves, and top scorer, for over four months.

Should I start the new save for 'harder FM experience'? I'm playing 19.1 right now but I don't care with database changes but harder gameplay.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to SI for making the in game editor icon on the top bar a tiny wee pen so as it takes ages to actually see it, good that it's a nice small size but could've told us. 😋

Edited by jc1

1 hour ago, pembehasan said:

Should I start the new save for 'harder FM experience'? I'm playing 19.1 right now but I don't care with database changes but harder gameplay.

I'm sure Match Engine changes are save game compatible, so should be able to continue your save with it implemented. 

One thing I have noticed as match engine has evolved from beta, through to full game release is a dramatic decrease in full season passes/completed passes. Prior to full game release the team topping the full season passes chart recorded circa 24k...... first run on full release down to about 16k..... Seems very little chance of getting anywhere near the type of passing stats Chelsea and Man City producing in real life now......Bizarre....

1 hour ago, mhaffy said:

One thing I have noticed as match engine has evolved from beta, through to full game release is a dramatic decrease in full season passes/completed passes. Prior to full game release the team topping the full season passes chart recorded circa 24k...... first run on full release down to about 16k..... Seems very little chance of getting anywhere near the type of passing stats Chelsea and Man City producing in real life now......Bizarre....

passing completition rates decreased a lot unfortunatly, throughballs are flying from everywhere, fullbacks now wait with crossing, there are far too many corners because of that. etc.

The AI managers seem way more ballsy now like the attack switch has been flicked on

Pre update, they wouldn't go at you much, as big teams I'd be camped in their half most of the game. Now they're fearless, they hassle you down & press high up the pitch & pacey wide men with take you on 

It's a good thing but it's going to take some getting used to 

1 minute ago, private pyle said:

Is this the same thing as the editor on the start menu page of FM19? It says that one is £3.99

No, that's the save-game editor. The one you want is the pre-game editor and is in the tools section of your library on steam

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, DoubleDenimSuccess said:

So is it not possible to add the German 3rd league after the conclusion of the 1st season ending? Baring in mind I started save on BETA prior to full release yesterday. Playing in Germany so would be nice to add if possible.

Regards

You can only add in leagues what were in the database you started the game with. 

So lets say a new db came out with more leagues, you can't add those to existing saves, you need to create a new save with those leagues already in it, to add them later.

This is still happening from the beta. Wanting your striker to improve his finishing isn't really that hard to understand. Especially when his finishing is only 11. This has only been a problem in this years release. Please don't make it one of those stupid things which never gets adjusted.

20181102130056_1.jpg

Just now, RobertPage said:

This is still happening from the beta. Wanting your striker to improve his finishing isn't really that hard to understand. Especially when his finishing is only 11. This has only been a problem in this years release. Please don't make it one of those stupid things which never gets adjusted.

20181102130056_1.jpg

If you have bugs/issues to report, it's best to do it in the bugs forum. :thup:

Hannover have just pinched one of my fitness coaches to be their new Head of Sports Science, despite him being on the face of it an absolutely terrible fit for the role:

bad_science.thumb.JPG.7ed0e3053fd0eb293fa2b6e05158802a.JPG

Is this a bug, or is he likely to have some hidden attribute that makes him a decent fit for the role?

Just now, Pompey1978 said:

Hannover have just pinched one of my fitness coaches to be their new Head of Sports Science, despite him being on the face of it an absolutely terrible fit for the role:

bad_science.thumb.JPG.7ed0e3053fd0eb293fa2b6e05158802a.JPG

Is this a bug, or is he likely to have some hidden attribute that makes him a decent fit for the role?

I'd report that as a bug. Doesn't seem right.

Just now, Pompey1978 said:

That's what I suspected, cheers.

Would be very handy if you have a save from before they make the offer to sign him, so that SI can look under the hood to see what the AI "thinks" when choosing that person.

1 minute ago, pizzachips said:

image.thumb.png.922b5f08da56b3fabf8c541a3814d25a.pngwhy do I have a host of greyed out players showing in the squad screen?

Have you set your filter to include all squads and are they members of you u23 or u18 squad? If so setting the filter back to just first team should see them go. 

2 minutes ago, pizzachips said:

image.thumb.png.922b5f08da56b3fabf8c541a3814d25a.pngwhy do I have a host of greyed out players showing in the squad screen?

You have a match that day and too many players on holiday so the game 'gives' you greyed out players enough to field a team. After the game the greys will all disappear.

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, stevetranmere said:

If I've checked "disable first window budgets" in set up, should this really stop conference teams National / North & South all making transfers in the first window? I currently cant sign any free transfers or make any loans? 

It is designed to have squads start the season as they did in reality.

2 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

It is designed to have squads start the season as they did in reality.

What dates does this change in game then for the Conference teams to start making transfers as IRL are they not exempt from any transfer windows and can bring players in whenever? 

• SI Staff
Just now, stevetranmere said:

What dates does this change in game then for the Conference teams to start making transfers as IRL are they not exempt from any transfer windows and can bring players in whenever? 

Around mid August should see the user in charge of Conference or Conference N/S be able to make signings. 

As Seb mentioned the feature was initially set up for users to start the season with the squads they have IRL. This was too restrictive to sides in lower leagues that have small squads at game start so from mid August onwards users at this level will be able to make transfers. 

6 minutes ago, stevetranmere said:

The whole ‘disable first transfer’ window is basically that, disabling the whole first transfer window. Granted conference teams may be exempt in real life but this option applies to any and all leagues in the game

4 minutes ago, Ben Kenney said:

Around mid August should see the user in charge of Conference or Conference N/S be able to make signings. 

As Seb mentioned the feature was initially set up for users to start the season with the squads they have IRL. This was too restrictive to sides in lower leagues that have small squads at game start so from mid August onwards users at this level will be able to make transfers. 

Bingo cheers! 

https://community.sigames.com/topic/453601-191-direct-passing-overload/

Have to echo the thoughts from here. Finding it impossible to implement my playstyle on the team as they're too happy to lump it forward.

Although 19.0 was cross heavy and through ball light, do feel it was overall a closer representation of real life football. Now if two possession dominant teams play each other the pass completion figures are around 75% which is low compared to RL. The overall pass numbers are also low compared to RL which would at least partly be due to the number of direct options being taken in game.

I've had to abandon my direct / pass into space wide system. I had an average of around 45% possession over last season prior to ME 19.1. It's dropped to a staggeringly low 25% in the opening quarter of this season. The ME has gone into hoof over-drive. The analysis tool is telling me that every single time a player gets the ball in a deep position, regardless of whether the best option is to go long, the ball is launched 50 yards and possession is turned over. in ME 19.0 at least the player picked and chose their moment when to go direct.

I'd imagine if I went route one the balls would be coming through my bedroom window from the stadium.

Absolute steroid scenes.

Three major issues:

- Injuries. I have almost one player injured in every game. And my training intensity is not high. I do play high tempo but even then the injuries are ridiculous.

- Sweeper Keeper. They are still not high up the pitch enough and do not sweep up even balls at the edge of their box. Alisson don't do much of it and his natural position is SK.

- Wingbacks. They are pinned too much to the wings when they defend leaving the centrebacks isolated. I do play overlapping wingbacks but it is only logical that they tuck in when they defend. It is like this even when I am under a counterattack.

Please fix this! 

5 hours ago, Mitja said:

passing completition rates decreased a lot unfortunatly, throughballs are flying from everywhere, fullbacks now wait with crossing, there are far too many corners because of that. etc.

Agreed...putting me off starting long term save as hoping it will addressed in early patch....there are a couple of threads in ME bugs forum with info re this.....fingers crossed...Passes/game circa 25% lower than Premier League actuals for first 10 games for teams like Chelsea/Man City....