Sports Interactive Community
Alari Naylor

Football Manager 2019 Mobile Official Feedback Thread

12 hours ago, muncherdave said:

So, with all that said, I respectfully disagree that it is a fair price.  Personally,  I think you should get a reduced price after buying multiple versions, like I'm pretty sure the main game started doing years ago.  That would be fair to me.

Only paying a few quid every other year for an updated database, while they work on new features and bring out a new version every couple of years, now would be amazing.  Can't see SI going for that one though.  I'd happily settle for the previous idea.

It is your right as a consumer to make that decision by all means - I'm sorry you feel that way, we put a lot of work in each year to try and make a compelling case for updating to the new version, but obviously not everyone will want to.

I would be in favour of some sort of loyalty scheme - unfortunately no mobile store currently supports such a concept, please feel free to suggest it to the companies in question and perhaps if enough of their customers do they might include such an option for developers in the future.

14 hours ago, muncherdave said:

As complex and as detailed as a 15 year old CM game?  Doesnt sound so good when I put it like that, does it?

I think it does. And I'm not sure what relevance a game's age has. I can think of other examples of complex and detailed games that are 15+ years old that blow me away on a mobile device. GTA San Andreas is one. Final Fantasy VII (22 years!) is another. Their age is irrelevant. The fact is FMM19 is a more advanced version of the later Championship Manager games yet it costs less. That to me shows good value for money.

The other way I look at it is I can go to my local and buy two pints for £10 or I can buy FMM.

P.S. the absolute worst thing SI could do is make this game free and base it on the freemium model. That model ruins games and is a massive con. I would far sooner pay a premium price and have the full game experience than download it for free but then having to keep pumping money into it.

On 07/02/2019 at 13:10, Marc Vaughan said:

It is your right as a consumer to make that decision by all means - I'm sorry you feel that way, we put a lot of work in each year to try and make a compelling case for updating to the new version, but obviously not everyone will want to.

I would be in favour of some sort of loyalty scheme - unfortunately no mobile store currently supports such a concept, please feel free to suggest it to the companies in question and perhaps if enough of their customers do they might include such an option for developers in the future.

Ok, so its not actually possible to do such a thing.  Fair enough and I appreciate the response

One thing I would like to see implemented into the mobile game would be a pre-game editor, much like those which are available for the PC version of the game. The in-game editor is kind of limited when it comes to customising different saves and making them unique. For example; having the ability the change which league and nation a team plays in (whether that could be deciding to flip the leagues in a nation, making a super league etc.) or even creating new leagues from scratch and being able to change the names of the leagues for instance. These would all be changes that many players would like to see in the game, either as an additional app with the ability to import databases or as an extra micro-transaction in the game, similar to the current editor.

Why is this update still not available on the amazon store?

It is very frustrating that this seems to happen with every update.

For me the new fitness update is great. 

Means you really need to look after your squad and use all your players and think 2 or 3 games ahead.

No team plays the same players week in week out. And I don't think it's too much of a time consuming addition. 

I'm all for quick pick up and play and no media interaction etc in the mobile version but we will want a some what realistic experience and squad rotation is just that.

What's the point in signing players if your not going to utilise the squad. Love the new addition and hope SI don't remove it in a future update. 

20 minutes ago, JamieLee90 said:

For me the new fitness update is great. 

Means you really need to look after your squad and use all your players and think 2 or 3 games ahead.

No team plays the same players week in week out. And I don't think it's too much of a time consuming addition. 

I'm all for quick pick up and play and no media interaction etc in the mobile version but we will want a some what realistic experience and squad rotation is just that.

What's the point in signing players if your not going to utilise the squad. Love the new addition and hope SI don't remove it in a future update. 

Same 

If it get fix with an update I won't update my game 

3 minutes ago, DarJ said:

Same 

If it get fix with an update I won't update my game 

Ditto.

Not sure if his is a bug or not, but has anyone had any luck with applying for jobs after being sacked? 

I lead Bristol City to 10th in the Premiership over 3 seasons, we then fell apart and I got sacked just after Christmas. I probably deserved it. 

I would have expected a good chance to get roles in the championship and other divisions, however so far nothing I've gone for in over 8 months has come off. 

The only job I've been linked to was Rotherham in League 2 and then VNL team offered me a role. I had expected to do better than that. 

On 18/03/2019 at 19:57, BristolCity1992 said:

Not sure if his is a bug or not, but has anyone had any luck with applying for jobs after being sacked? 

I lead Bristol City to 10th in the Premiership over 3 seasons, we then fell apart and I got sacked just after Christmas. I probably deserved it. 

I would have expected a good chance to get roles in the championship and other divisions, however so far nothing I've gone for in over 8 months has come off. 

The only job I've been linked to was Rotherham in League 2 and then VNL team offered me a role. I had expected to do better than that. 

Have you actually applied for any positions? - clubs might be thinking you're out of their reach and might not consider you unless you indicate you're interested.

(I've already plans to make it possible for you to publicly indicate your availability a little more easily in a future version of the game)

12 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Have you actually applied for any positions? - clubs might be thinking you're out of their reach and might not consider you unless you indicate you're interested.

(I've already plans to make it possible for you to publicly indicate your availability a little more easily in a future version of the game)

Hi Marc.

Yes I applied for several jobs in the Premiership and Championship. I eventually took the job at Dundee in the Scottish Championship. My rating was national. I'm surprised that I didn't get any of the smaller championship jobs I went for. 

22 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

clubs might be thinking you're out of their reach and might not consider you unless you indicate you're interested.

I totally get this but I find that when I become really successful (ranked #1 in the world), absolutely no one approaches me. I might turn a club like Lazio, Atletico, Hamburg or Marseille into serial league and European winners and no one like Barcelona, Real, or the Manchester clubs will approach me. I think when you become one of the best managers in the world, the world's top clubs should be bending over backwards to appoint you.

1 hour ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

I totally get this but I find that when I become really successful (ranked #1 in the world), absolutely no one approaches me. I might turn a club like Lazio, Atletico, Hamburg or Marseille into serial league and European winners and no one like Barcelona, Real, or the Manchester clubs will approach me. I think when you become one of the best managers in the world, the world's top clubs should be bending over backwards to appoint you.

I started a save in the Northern Ireland third division and I've been pretty successful but the thing that surprised me the most is that my reputation is still regional but I've turned down more than 10 job offers from teams in the Scottish league and even league one teams in England an my nationality is Italian 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, DarJ said:

I started a save in the Northern Ireland third division and I've been pretty successful but the thing that surprised me the most is that my reputation is still regional but I've turned down more than 10 job offers from teams in the Scottish league and even league one teams in England an my nationality is Italian 

Really? That's interesting... Which clubs have approached you? And how many seasons into your career did you start getting job offers?

Are you playing on iOS too?

Edited by Lillywhite Dean

In on Android and I'm in the 4th season now but I think I started receiving offers towards the end of the end of season 2. The leagues I have loaded are England down to the lower leagues, the Scottish League, the Irish league and of course Northern Ireland. Most of the clubs that have appointed me are from the Vanarama national below but the highest offer I've received became from a league 1 team 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DarJ said:

In on Android and I'm in the 4th season now but I think I started receiving offers towards the end of the end of season 2. The leagues I have loaded are England down to the lower leagues, the Scottish League, the Irish league and of course Northern Ireland. Most of the clubs that have appointed me are from the Vanarama national below but the highest offer I've received became from a league 1 team 

I'm on Android so that's reassuring.

The first career I played in FMM19 was to take over Colchester in League 2 and having got them promoted to the Championship in back to back seasons, I was offered the Notts Forest job four games into my first Championship season. I thought "this is great, this is how it should be". But I think that has been the only job offer I've ever received in all careers played on FMM19.

In my current save I am now into my fourth season managing Lazio. In the previous season I won Serie A, Champions League, Coppa Italia and the Supper Coppa Italia. I have so far won two league titles and nine cups. I am ranked #1 in the world. I just don't understand why some of the biggest clubs in Europe aren't trying to tempt me away from Lazio? I could apply for other jobs but I like the spontaneity of other clubs approaching me which then gives me the dilemma of whether to stay or go. 

18 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

The first career I played in FMM19 was to take over Colchester in League 2 and having got them promoted to the Championship in back to back seasons, I was offered the Notts Forest job four games into my first Championship season. I thought "this is great, this is how it should be". But I think that has been the only job offer I've ever received in all careers played on FMM19.

In my current save I am now into my fourth season managing Lazio. In the previous season I won Serie A, Champions League, Coppa Italia and the Supper Coppa Italia. I have so far won two league titles and nine cups. I am ranked #1 in the world. I just don't understand why some of the biggest clubs in Europe aren't trying to tempt me away from Lazio? I could apply for other jobs but I like the spontaneity of other clubs approaching you which then gives you a dilemma of whether to stay or go. 

I'm getting bombarded with job offers in my save taking a VNS team to PL. In the lower leagues, it was mostly French teams (I have England, France, Scotland and N. Ireland loaded) but after that, it has been clubs in the same league or the one above me.

1 hour ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

In my current save I am now into my fourth season managing Lazio. In the previous season I won Serie A, Champions League, Coppa Italia and the Supper Coppa Italia. I have so far won two league titles and nine cups. I am ranked #1 in the world. I just don't understand why some of the biggest clubs in Europe aren't trying to tempt me away from Lazio? I could apply for other jobs but I like the spontaneity of other clubs approaching me which then gives me the dilemma of whether to stay or go. 

I get what you mean.

I don't get job offers either when I manage in the big leagues

On 26/03/2019 at 16:27, Lillywhite Dean said:

I agree - however at present there is no way to tell the 'world' you'd consider such offers if they came in.

Or to put it another way you're the #1 in the World and likely at a huge club doing really well - I don't remember anyone offering Alex Ferguson a job while he was at Man Utd ... the reason is simply that the like of Barcelona etc. were aware that he was unlikely to leave and most importantly it would have been hugely embarrassing to be seen to approach him and get turned down.

(in a future game I plan to give users a way to subtly broadcast that they will consider other positions and let clubs know that - this will encourage them to offer you a job even if you are already at a big club)

46 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

I agree - however at present there is no way to tell the 'world' you'd consider such offers if they came in.

Or to put it another way you're the #1 in the World and likely at a huge club doing really well - I don't remember anyone offering Alex Ferguson a job while he was at Man Utd ... the reason is simply that the like of Barcelona etc. were aware that he was unlikely to leave and most importantly it would have been hugely embarrassing to be seen to approach him and get turned down.

(in a future game I plan to give users a way to subtly broadcast that they will consider other positions and let clubs know that - this will encourage them to offer you a job even if you are already at a big club)

Well actually Chelsea tried to get Sir Alex back in 2003 not long after Roman Abromovich took over the club. You could also take the example of Pep Guardiola who was widely sort after when at Barcelona and then Bayern. The owners at City made several approaches.

But the plan of subtly broadcasting your availability sounds very interesting. 

1 hour ago, MikaelS said:

@Lillywhite Dean

im in CH, so are Sheffield Utd. I’m in 3rd place and they are in 9th spot. 

2ACC7B82-9859-4304-AE33-C2F9188504DB.png

As @Marc Vaughanhas said in his post above, it seems that due to my #1 ranking, a lot of teams consider me unapproachable. I'm tempted to start over and see if I can replicate your career.

26 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

As @Marc Vaughanhas said in his post above, it seems that due to my #1 ranking, a lot of teams consider me unapproachable. I'm tempted to start over and see if I can replicate your career.

I will let you know the progress when I get into PL.

Err.... about the whole job thing:

Has anyone even tried claiming interest on a club whose manager is insecure/very insecure? 

I mean, you guys do know that's a thing right? Because from what I've read so far no one's mentioned that... 

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, RPA said:

Err.... about the whole job thing:

Has anyone even tried claiming interest on a club whose manager is insecure/very insecure? 

I mean, you guys do know that's a thing right? Because from what I've read so far no one's mentioned that... 

I have yes... although I don't ever seen to be offered the job even when I'm the most outstanding candidate for it i.e. I might show interest in the Dortmund job but they go ahead and appoint someone with a National rating rather than me on World Class.

But my feedback relates to me being headhunted by clubs who think I'm the best candidate to take over.

I must say new fitness system have been very good addition! From superhumans to close(r) to reality - I like it! Oh, and DM's are good, which is nice! I just played 4 hours straight and enjoyed it. It seem like more balanced, properly working and players' fitness finally needs some planning. I've asked more challenging game and you delivered one. I'd say its still easy to pick up and play but for hardcore gamer it's more challenging to master. 

SI, thanks for a massive update! There have been some hard times, but you guys have been working hard as usual and FMM19 is back on tracks.

On 28/03/2019 at 14:40, Lillywhite Dean said:

D910D202-F270-4527-B1F1-E19D7460310A.png

51BF103B-8E41-4325-A061-239059244B3D.png

Just out of curiosity, why have you decided to show disallowed goals on the summary page within a match? 

It was disallowed. It does not count. Its not like "oh, they had three disallowed goals, they deserved to win / a better result etc". 

I don't remember with certainty, but I don't believe full FM includes disallowed goals? 

Posted (edited)

I'm playing one of the best careers I've had on FMM.

I'm in charge of LA Galaxy. I started my reputation as 'Unknown' and I disabled budgets in the first transfer window so that I had zero money to spend.

My first season was a massive disappointment. I finished 11th in the Western Conference and the Board were disappointed with me. Despite under-performing, I didn't get the sack. For anyone who knows me on this forum, I have often complained about how easy FMM is. To finish 11th is completely unheard of for me. It was a very refreshing and welcome change.

In my second season I was given a measly £800k for my transfer budget. I thought this was great in terms of the difficulty level as I could only make minor improvements to the squad. Towards the end of the season I was up and around the lower playoff places (which didn't seem to satisfy my Board) but a late tactical switch saw me go on a four match winning run where I eventually finished a highly credible 4th. I then progressed to the semi-finals of the MLS Cup where I lost to eventual winners Sporting Kansas on penalties.

My Board were slightly disappointed with me but interestingly I won coach of the year.

I am now coming towards the end of my third season. I predicted at the start that I would win some silverware largely due to raising funds of around £18M, which in the MLS, is a considerable amount to spend on improving your squad. As predicted I won the MLS Supporter’s Shield and I’m currently contesting the latter stages of the MLS Cup. It was a close run thing however. I won the Supporters Shield by 3 points which was only decided during the final round of fixtures.

The MLS is an incredibly fun league to play. Most clubs are evenly matched and the playoff nature of the league means that finishing in the lower playoff places still gives you a shot at winning the most prestigious prize.

A few observations:

• I believe the current conditioning tweak has improved the game. I never found it restrictive. It never forced me to rotate my team if I didn’t want to. But there were times during the season where players would have a conditioning of anything around 84-87% and so I had the choice of choosing to play them and risk injury/poor performance or play someone else who was fitter and allow my tired players some rest. I really enjoyed this aspect of managing my squad.
  • I am happy to say that so far I have only had two seasons where my striker has been the league’s top goal scorer (one at Lazio and one at LA Galaxy). I'm really happy with this fix as in previous FMM games, my strikers would always lead the charts.
  • I do find the issue with player match ratings to be annoying. I notice that a rating seems time dependent. So if my goal keeper has a solid game up to 80 minutes and then makes a costly error, he will get a 4 but if the same error was made in the first 10 minutes and then for the remainder of the game he had a solid game, he would likely get a 6 or a 7.
  • The transfer deals of squad players that I agreed to sell kept falling through because they couldn't get a work permit. This would be a mixture of American and European players. It was frustrating because the deals would be made and then the work permits would be refused at the opening of the transfer window. I don't know if this is how it works in real life but I assumed work permits would be sorted at the point of the transfer deal being made. I could be wrong however.

I’m going to continue my career and see if I can build up my reputation to such an extent that European clubs will consider approaching me. It will be interesting to see how this pans out as I have selected my nationality as American.

Played Man Utd for 7 seasons won everything!! 6 champ LG’s 7 prems 5 fa cups & league cups 6 world clubs. Found game to be too easy played same formation and shape for every game. Did sign top players(too easily) which obviously helped.

I’ve now had time to have a good play and I think we have a really solid game now with a real challenge at the lower league levels and that’s a really good thing.

The boards strictly enforce scrooge like transfer and wage budgets and often reduce the wage budget the following season if you don’t do well leaving you in the lurch. It’s also tough to shift players if you have a mediocre lower league team. The only players that are often sellable are the ones you need to keep for any chance of success. Loanees are more important than ever. I think the days of taking that non league team through to Champions League glory though are almost at an end. 

Some are saying that you can still be too dominant with one of the giant teams so may be some work is needed there. 

Have we received a few tweaks to the difficulty level in recent months? I was put off this game to due to the too easy comments.

4 hours ago, Weller1980 said:

Have we received a few tweaks to the difficulty level in recent months? I was put off this game to due to the too easy comments.

Tweaks have been made to various areas of the game which have combined to make things a bit more challenging. I still think FMM is easy but in my current save, it took me until my third season to start dominating the MLS with LA Galaxy (who are not the dominant team they used to be). I then quit my job and took over at Wigan who were one place above relegation with four games left to play. I managed to survive relegation (just) and then spent my first full season struggling to get into the top half of the table (I confidently told the board I would achieve a playoff place but ended up in 17th place). I am now in my second full season with Wigan and look likely to achieve at least a playoff place.

I had a save with Lazio where I dominated Serie A and Europe so I believe the game is still too easy when you're in charge of a club with good financial resources. However, FMM does seem to present more of a challenge when managing clubs in the lower divisions. The problem I had with LA Galaxy (and I suspect with Wigan) is that when you eventually build a winning team, the AI doesn't seem to be able to catch up with you.

Not sure if I should make a new post or not but I've noticed a player on the transfer history screen went on loan to one club but on his history screen a different club was listed!

SmartSelect_20190502-103628_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

SmartSelect_20190502-103643_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

3 minutes ago, JR866Gunner said:

Not sure if I should make a new post or not but I've noticed a player on the transfer history screen went on loan to one club but on his history screen a different club was listed!

SmartSelect_20190502-103628_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

SmartSelect_20190502-103643_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

Please log this as a new thread within the FM19 Mobile Gameplay Issues thread and we will take a look at it from there. Thanks. 

On 30/04/2019 at 23:16, Vane said:

I’ve now had time to have a good play and I think we have a really solid game now with a real challenge at the lower league levels and that’s a really good thing.

The boards strictly enforce scrooge like transfer and wage budgets and often reduce the wage budget the following season if you don’t do well leaving you in the lurch. It’s also tough to shift players if you have a mediocre lower league team. The only players that are often sellable are the ones you need to keep for any chance of success. Loanees are more important than ever. I think the days of taking that non league team through to Champions League glory though are almost at an end. 

Some are saying that you can still be too dominant with one of the giant teams so may be some work is needed there. 

This sounds like...  as it should be! Can't wait to start new game at Conference then.

When can we expect an updated database to reflect promotions and relegations and players released and traded already?

Very keen to have try with Villa as they are now.

If i purchase the fm19 mobile app for ios, and then fm20 is released, is it a free upgrade from fm19 to fm20 or do i have to purchase fm20 mobile app for ios?

On 20/06/2019 at 13:50, Cl said:

If i purchase the fm19 mobile app for ios, and then fm20 is released, is it a free upgrade from fm19 to fm20 or do i have to purchase fm20 mobile app for ios?

You have to buy it again. SIG relies on annual sales.

The game is naff. Worst one I’ve played strikers can’t even score . 38 games first season drew 27 

On 03/07/2019 at 13:36, Leeboy1974 said:

The game is naff. Worst one I’ve played strikers can’t even score . 38 games first season drew 27 

My strikers have had no problem scoring.