Football Manager 2019 Mobile Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still early days for me but I have noticed the following kinks:

• Non-English staff: When managing in a non-English league, my search for new staff returns an excessively high volume of English coaches, scouts and physios. I was managing in the Russian league and hardly any Russian or eastern European coaches/scouts/physios were available to appoint. This is something that occurred in FMM18. I had long careers in Italy and Spain and the vast majority of staff available to appoint were always English.
  • Sliders: The sliders for ‘Select Match Speed During Highlights’ and ‘Select Match Speed Between Highlights’ move too quickly to be able to select an appropriate speed.
  • Selling players: Selling unwanted (and usually very rubbish) players still seems very easy to do. In FMM18, I was able to raise a lot of money by selling useless players for very reasonable transfer values. This meant I found it (unrealistically) easy to generate cash and bring in better players to quickly improve the squad.
  • Free-kicks: The ratio of direct free kicks being scored within the enhanced match engine seems high.
  • Half-time bugs: I’ve seen two half-time bugs. One bug where the 2nd half will automatically start at the end of the 1st half (so you're not giving the chance to make tactical changes at half-time). And another bug where substitutes made at half time will come on to the field of plat at the beginning of the 2nd half with the clock running down.
  • VAR timing issues: The game does not pause whilst the referee consults the VAR. The game will recommence before the referee has made his final decision. This ruins the drama!

And not a bug or issue but just a personal preference. I miss the out of focus pitch/dugout graphic that was used for the ‘Overview’ match screen. Now it’s just a dark purple blank space.

It's a better game than last year that's for sure. Some things that bother me are: 1) there is a bug that keep promoting players to the A team maybe once a month for no reason, so I have to demote them again and again, 2) I fell like noone wants my players on loan, they are decent young players who would be 1st-teamers in most of the clubs but noone wants them on loan.

2 hours ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

• Half-time bugs: I’ve seen two half-time bugs. One bug where the 2nd half will start without the game first entering the tactics menu. And another bug where substitutes made at half time will be made at the beginning of the 2nd half with the clock running down.

I don't recall the game entering the tactics menu at half time. I do vaguely have an experience where the clock doesn't stop at half time though.

Remember to save the PKM if you experience something at matches.

3 minutes ago, MikaelS said:

I don't recall the game entering the tactics menu at half time. I do vaguely have an experience where the clock doesn't stop at half time though.

Remember to save the PKM if you experience something at matches.

Sorry, my mistake (and I will edit my original post to avoid confusion). What I meant to say was the 2nd half will start automatically. Usually the first half ends and it requires you to restart the match (so this is where you have the opportunity to make changes to your tactics before the 2nd half commences).

Can you add more coaches to your staff?  To have only three maybe limits covering all areas that you want your players to train/improve...

Can your reserves team play matches - in a league or a series of friendlies?  How will young/fringe players keep fit or develop?

Is there scope for "team talks"?  To help motivate players before or during a game, or deal with them at the end...

How do you train a player in a new position?  This helps players fit your formation.

1 hour ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

Sorry, my mistake (and I will edit my original post to avoid confusion). What I meant to say was the 2nd half will start automatically. Usually the first half ends and it requires you to restart the match (so this is where you have the opportunity to make changes to your tactics before the 2nd half commences).

Yes, that is the same experience I have sometimes. If you experience it, save the PKM. I will try to do the same.

I have a few issues. Just into my 4th season. 

I’ve had three separate occasions where i finalised terms with club/player, but the transfer never happened. No news to say it had fallen through and no confirmation. This was before the most recent update though, so it may have been rectified. 

I reached the final of the FA Cup and lost to Chelsea. Chelsea finished in the Champions League places. In which case, my club should have been in Europe. I didn’t get a European spot. In the next season, i finished 7th. 7th place was indicated in the table as a European place. I didn’t get a place in Europe. This has ruined my enjoyment for this career already. 

The constant auto promotion of youth players to first team squad is really getting on my tits. My squad is big enough, thanks. I spend more time demoting players than i do actually selecting players/tactical changes/playing the game.

It seems incredibly difficult to loan out players. Many never have any interested parties, despite being incredibly talented. This is not true to reality. If you’re trying to loan out a massively talented player, there should be clubs queuing up for them.  

I’ve spent 4 years trying to improve several players with the coaching focus on work rate. This is with a team of gold badge coaches. Their work rate hasn’t changed. In fact, I haven’t seen any change in work rate from any player in the game. Same applies to almost every technical attribute. On that note, coaching on specific attributes seems to have little to no effect.

On 05/11/2018 at 04:35, Alari Naylor said:

We need a save that shows this one please?

It is somehow fixed after the update ... thanks for the hard work! However, another issue occurs ... valuation of 358m? :eek: though i eventually buy the player for about 30m

417D314C-81B6-4C7F-9B1A-E568DB8EA968.png

The focusing attribute seems to change automatically by itself. I think it supposes to allow us improving the attribute we hope .. or is it just related to the highlighted attributed as for the training role? As i hope to improve the strength pf my advanced playmaker, the focsing attribute just automatically changes to one of those highlighted attributes from time to time

Hi!

I have been playing FMM19 for a while now and the biggest problem for me is the fact that you cannot select the "Match highlights" to be extended or key like in the FMM18. I very rarely see any highlights when I'm playing with "Fast" Match Speed. It's hard to manage the club if you don't see them play...

FMM18 and FMM19 screenshots in the attachments shows the difference.

So my selected "Match speed" is Fast but still when the rare on-pitch highlight shows up, it looks like replay because it is so slow. So can you bring back the "Select Match Highlights" option? Then I would select Match speed to be Very fast.

Another smaller thing I would change is the font colors in FMM19. The help texts are so yellow.

New features I'm loving:

- Buy back option in transfers

- Player Search Filter has "Positions" and you can even select to filter Footedness (left foot or right foot)

- "Transfer Status" in the Detailed view of the squad 

Features I would love to see in FMM19 next update:

- "Select Match Highlights" option

- Ability to sort Scout search results the same way as in Player search

- Player Search filter to show only the players that has "Big club release clause" or "Minimun fee release clause"

- Ability to hire more coaches, scouts and physios. Four coaches is not enough to cover everything.

- Player exchange: It would be nice to be able to offer to or three players in exchange for one.

FMM2018.jpg

FMM2019.jpg

FMM19 fonts.jpg

9 minutes ago, doose7offsuit said:

There doesn't seem to be a way to check the future transfers you've completed for the next transfer window. I've signed a bunch of players that are coming in January transfer window but have no idea who they are now. Please can you add this in!

First Team -> Transfer History

It shows the future transfers in "Pending". Or at least in the FMM18 it did :)

Although it would be nice to see the wage for the player in pending transfer because this you can forget if you are signing lot of players.

8 minutes ago, Mike_1986 said:

First Team -> Transfer History

It shows the future transfers in "Pending". Or at least in the FMM18 it did :)

Although it would be nice to see the wage for the player in pending transfer because this you can forget if you are signing lot of players.

it still shows it and I agree; I'd like to see the transfer fee a wage

On 05/11/2018 at 10:31, Lillywhite Dean said:

• Selling players: Selling unwanted (and usually very rubbish) players still seems very easy to do. In FMM18, I was able to raise a lot of money by selling useless players for very reasonable transfer values. This meant I found it (unrealistically) easy to generate cash and bring in better players to quickly improve the squad.

may have been hasty with this one. I've started a new career with Ipswich Town. I wanted to trim the squad by selling a number of average players but I'm receiving no enquiries for them despite cutting their transfer value by half.

This is good though. I like the fact that I'm going to have to make do with them for the time being. I found FMM18 unrealistic by easily offloading unwanted players to clubs and making good money from them.

7 hours ago, Mike_1986 said:

Hi!

I have been playing FMM19 for a while now and the biggest problem for me is the fact that you cannot select the "Match highlights" to be extended or key like in the FMM18. I very rarely see any highlights when I'm playing with "Fast" Match Speed. It's hard to manage the club if you don't see them play...

FMM18 and FMM19 screenshots in the attachments shows the difference.

So my selected "Match speed" is Fast but still when the rare on-pitch highlight shows up, it looks like replay because it is so slow. So can you bring back the "Select Match Highlights" option? Then I would select Match speed to be Very fast.

I selected the Enhanced Match Engine Version from the FMM19 settings and started a new game and now I have the Match Settings I wanted :thup:

FMM19 Match settings.jpg

On 06/11/2018 at 10:16, Lillywhite Dean said:

may have been hasty with this one. I've started a new career with Ipswich Town. I wanted to trim the squad by selling a number of average players but I'm receiving no enquiries for them despite cutting their transfer value by half.

This is good though. I like the fact that I'm going to have to make do with them for the time being. I found FMM18 unrealistic by easily offloading unwanted players to clubs and making good money from them.

I've found this as well. Taking over a team that's spent its wage budget is now much more difficult to manage. 

Pleased to see goal replays, something I asked for. 

Good game!

I start with Valencia. Negotiations are fixed after the update. Training seem to be hard to achieve markable progress. How hard is it to include match button in search player area in order to choose how many attribute criterias you want to match??

I'm still not convinced by the player match ratings (a major issue for me in FMM18).

In my last game, the match ended 0-0. My team was reduced to 10 men in the first half so it was backs against the wall stuff. My goalkeeper saved a penalty and four shots on target. His overall match rating was 7. My four defenders won 94% of their tackles and all received a match rating of 7.

I could be wrong here but it feels like a striker could have a quiet game yet score a goal and receive a match rating of 8.

IMHO penalty saves should be on par with goals scored. I also think my defenders warranted a higher score of 7 to secure a 0-0 result away from home with 10 men.

And yet in other games, I have been hammered three or four nil. Totally outplayed, totally dominated but still the majority of my side has match rating of 6s and 7s.

38 minutes ago, Ayomitan said:

There so much bug in the transfer, I sign Carlos Perez with no buy back only to find buy back in is status when I sign him and many more, plz fix this

Any screenshots and save games would be helpful. So please provide whatever you can.

I purchased from amazon store playing on kindle and everything works fine so far. I hope the amazon store gets patches in a timely manner.

My first time playing the mobile game so here is my feedback so far:

I would like to be able to disable the in-game purchases showing in game ( don't mind them at menu but NOT during gameplay). I don't want the yellow store showing up at things like staff exams. I misclicked and almost bought it by mistake. Since Amazon has one click buy this is really annoying. I want to enjoy the game without worrying about accidentally losing my money. Give us a UI option to eliminate the microtransactions appearing please.

A bug already mentioned: Disabling promote/demote players between first team and reserves team doesn't work. They get promoted even with option disabled.

Disappointing that there is no facegen technology in the game for newgens or fake players.

Don't like that there is a limit of 4 coaches.

Don't like that we only get 30 years. Please let us continue further.

Overall, I think the game is a lot of fun.

Really like the new version. The new transfer system is great, as our the new bonuses and match engine. One thing that's bugging me though. I've bought at least the last 3 FMM's but still can't work out why we don't have any form of reward screen when you do the double, treble etc, the game doesn't seem to recognise it when these moments happen. Is there a particular technical issue that prevents this? 

Last version pre-loaded loans were all without wage contribution, now it seems like everything is 100%. Kills pretty much every small lower leagues wage budget. Don't think its meant to be like it? For instance Boreham Wood paying 3.5k£ for a on-load player? Dont think so irl. So maybe a bug?

I noticed that the game automatically demotes some players in the pre-season. I promoted Oliver Skipp and Luke Amos but about two weeks later they were somehow automatically dropped to the reserves. My first team squad size was 33 players. Is this a bug?

Reserve players.jpg

Reserve plus two first teamers.jpg

"Transfer deadline for English clubs have passed."

I should still be able to sell and loan players to abroad and also to the Championship all the way to end of august even if the transfer window has passed. In the FMM19 I am not able to do so. Why is that?

Transfer window has passed.jpg

On 06/11/2018 at 23:51, notting said:

DC United's stadium wasn't ready until July. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_Field#Opening

Thanks for the information. Kudos to SI for the realism.

Did they play 9 consecutive away games though? Or did they do what my beloved Spurs did and play in a temporary "home" stadium during that time?

5 hours ago, Mike_1986 said:

I received two offers from a player. Now in the Transfer Auction window I could not add the "Buy back" option like I would have wanted. Can you fix this?

Transfer auction.jpg

I hope it gets fixed

I just finished my first season with valencia and i won primera division after a thrilling finale!! Thank you for that! So here are my marks:

When referee uses VAR, the decision was taken before referee gets back to the pitch.Also, in penalty cases, VAR always cancels them!

In my game there are only two general gold coaches. So small number.

I can’t understand the morale of the players. I hire motivational coach but nothing, i won primera division and still i have some players down.

Please add “match” button in player search area! How else can i find players with the most attributes 15 or more?

13 hours ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

Thanks for the information. Kudos to SI for the realism.

Did they play 9 consecutive away games though? Or did they do what my beloved Spurs did and play in a temporary "home" stadium during that time?

Looks like it matches their schedule: https://www.dcunited.com/schedule?month=2&year=2018. They played a couple of early matches & cup matches at other local stadiums, but were mostly on the road.

The playing experience is great. The menus are intuitive, as in previous years, but the interface feels trimmer and easy to use. Transfers a definitely more improved/harder/fun. I'm always glad to see more leagues and options negotiating contracts and the like. I wish the match engine was a bit more developed. Maybe it has, but it feels very much the same as last year's. In particular, it seems quite easy with the same quirks, which is a bit disappointing. The downside of FMM is that playing over a season can get very samey and I'd love to see more tactical nuance in the future.

Just like to raise a point to have a delete button in the app for iOS users. I understand from other users that the delete button is omitted for fear of gamers accidentally deleting their saved games but the same could be said for overwriting the save games. If the users are so careless, they are going to delete it one way or another. Maybe getting a pop up to ask the user to consider again if he/she wants to delete the save file will suffice.

I mean not everyone have the luxury of having plenty of storage space especially on iOS devices where storage cannot be added externally. Not everyone are savvy enough to access IOS or have the resources to do it as soon as he/she likes.

• SI Staff
On 08/11/2018 at 17:23, Giro219 said:

Really like the new version. The new transfer system is great, as our the new bonuses and match engine. One thing that's bugging me though. I've bought at least the last 3 FMM's but still can't work out why we don't have any form of reward screen when you do the double, treble etc, the game doesn't seem to recognise it when these moments happen. Is there a particular technical issue that prevents this? 

Please add to the wishlist thread and I'll add a feature request.

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, Footix said:

Came across a video of a guy playing the game on an iPhone. The match was butter smooth. It's not as smooth on my 2 year old Android device. Will it run as smooth as iPhone on newer Androids, e.g. Galaxy S9?

I've forgotten which device you have :D

Yes the performance at the moment on iOS is better, but also my S8 is quite smooth - screen resolution plays a big part so anything with a lot of pixels and without a very good processor is not quite how we would want it on Android but we are always looking to improve.

• SI Staff
16 hours ago, ShiningForce88 said:

Just like to raise a point to have a delete button in the app for iOS users. I understand from other users that the delete button is omitted for fear of gamers accidentally deleting their saved games but the same could be said for overwriting the save games. If the users are so careless, they are going to delete it one way or another. Maybe getting a pop up to ask the user to consider again if he/she wants to delete the save file will suffice.

I mean not everyone have the luxury of having plenty of storage space especially on iOS devices where storage cannot be added externally. Not everyone are savvy enough to access IOS or have the resources to do it as soon as he/she likes.

We do have a prompt for overwriting saves on iOS.

It should be considered that the save size isn't large and frankly deleting them isn't going to make a huge difference to device space, if you are running close enough to the wire where it could you would likely be seeing instability even if you did delete them.

• SI Staff
On 10/11/2018 at 23:23, Adrian Mutu said:

Please look at the pictures below:

Every day i complete the same three transfers. The players never transfer to my club.

Is it a bug?

710B805C-74C6-442F-A3BB-2D58BF8937A5.jpeg

55759CA7-D028-48C8-9DC0-8910B3B9522B.jpeg

BCF2DBEA-941A-411C-BF34-54C792997154.jpeg

Can you please post in the bugs forum so we can track this? https://community.sigames.com/forum/656-gameplay-issues-for-fm19-mobile/

• SI Staff
On 09/11/2018 at 07:15, Mike_1986 said:

"Transfer deadline for English clubs have passed."

I should still be able to sell and loan players to abroad and also to the Championship all the way to end of august even if the transfer window has passed. In the FMM19 I am not able to do so. Why is that?

Transfer window has passed.jpg

This one is under review already.

• SI Staff
On 09/11/2018 at 07:10, Mike_1986 said:

I noticed a small bug on loan players:

"The player did not make a single appearance for the club."

And when I look at the Keita Baldé player history I can see that he made 32 appearances.

Keita Balde history.jpg

Keita Balde.jpg

This is under review already - it's specific leagues and specific loan return dates.

• SI Staff
On 09/11/2018 at 07:05, Mike_1986 said:

I noticed that the game automatically demotes some players in the pre-season. I promoted Oliver Skipp and Luke Amos but about two weeks later they were somehow automatically dropped to the reserves. My first team squad size was 33 players. Is this a bug?

Reserve players.jpg

Reserve plus two first teamers.jpg

We are hoping this is fixed in today's update.

Archived