[FM19][WIP] Faroe Islands Full System

19 hours ago, CVFerdinand said:

Crash Dump at 1 december 2019 :( 

13 hours ago, endtime said:

Yeah, I'm getting persistent crashes around that date as well.

Alright, I was able to recreate a crash after holidaying in a couple of new games. Will look into it later today.

So... I really tried everything. I removed leagues and tested a lot, but I can't get it to work. I am giving it a couple of last tries with some really simple league structures. If that doesn't work, I'll call it quits and release a very reduced version of the file, just having the needed clubs and the league active. :seagull:

Even the simplest test (having just the Betrideild active with 2 relegation spots) seems to crash for me, which suggests that the database itself have been corrupted. With well over 22.000 updates, I can't really debug this, but my guess is something is wrong with the team / reserve team composition. I will continue to test some things out, but I suggest using @claassens league pack for now if you want to activate the Faroe Islands.

• 9 months later...

Hello, I am from the Faroe Islands and i watch alot of the games here. Alot of the things you have done are right, but the thing with 3. Deild is that, it is built up in three starting groups with 6 teams in each group (the teams on each starting group are distributed randomly). Here they first play a few games in their groups and afterwards number 1 and 2 of each starting groups get put into the end game group A (which is the best group). The other teams in the starting groups that did not get 1st or 2nd place get placed in the end game groups based on how well they played in the starting groups. It is a little complicated, but i guess you could do that the teams that placed 3rd and 4th could go into the end game group B and the teams that placed 5th and 6th can go into the endgame group C (which is the worst group). The only teams that can get promoted in the end game groups are the teams in group A, and of the six teams that play in group A only two get promoted to 2. Deild.

So in short.

Each starting group team plays the other teams in the league twice.

Group A (starting): Completely random

Group B (starting): Completely random

Group C (starting): Completely random

Each end game group team plays the other teams in the league twice

Group A (end game): 1st and 2nd from every starting group go here

Group B (end game): 3rd and 4th from every starting group go here

Group C (end game): 5th and 6th from every starting group go here

Feel free to ask me questions about the Faroese football structure if you want :)

32 minutes ago, samuelsarus said:

Hello, I am from the Faroe Islands and i watch alot of the games here. Alot of the things you have done are right, but the thing with 3. Deild is that, it is built up in three starting groups with 6 teams in each group (the teams on each starting group are distributed randomly). Here they first play a few games in their groups and afterwards number 1 and 2 of each starting groups get put into the end game group A (which is the best group). The other teams in the starting groups that did not get 1st or 2nd place get placed in the end game groups based on how well they played in the starting groups. It is a little complicated, but i guess you could do that the teams that placed 3rd and 4th could go into the end game group B and the teams that placed 5th and 6th can go into the endgame group C (which is the worst group). The only teams that can get promoted in the end game groups are the teams in group A, and of the six teams that play in group A only two get promoted to 2. Deild.

So in short.

Each starting group team plays the other teams in the league twice.

Group A (starting): Completely random

Group B (starting): Completely random

Group C (starting): Completely random

Each end game group team plays the other teams in the league twice

Group A (end game): 1st and 2nd from every starting group go here

Group B (end game): 3rd and 4th from every starting group go here

Group C (end game): 5th and 6th from every starting group go here

Feel free to ask me questions about the Faroese football structure if you want :)

Hi samuelsarus,

I have now moved on to become the main researcher for the Faroe Islands in the game :) 

I already knew that I was setting up the 3. Deild wrong, but can't really do much about it, since Football Manager doesn't have any support for third, fourth or fifth teams in the same club, so I can't really recreate it correctly due to that.

I would be interested in some other stuff about the Faroese football in general, if I can write a private message to you later? Do you write/understand  Danish better than English?

4 minutes ago, Willigenburg said:

Hi samuelsarus,

I have now moved on to become the main researcher for the Faroe Islands in the game :) 

I already knew that I was setting up the 3. Deild wrong, but can't really do much about it, since Football Manager doesn't have any support for third, fourth or fifth teams in the same club, so I can't really recreate it correctly due to that.

I would be interested in some other stuff about the Faroese football in general, if I can write a private message to you later? Do you write/understand  Danish better than English?

Ah i see, well for me it doesn't matter if we speak danish or english, whatever you prefer. :)

5 minutes ago, samuelsarus said:

Ah i see, well for me it doesn't matter if we speak danish or english, whatever you prefer. :)

Alright :) I'll gather my notes and write something for you some time next week!

Archived