Sports Interactive Community
MrSundlofer

[FM19] Newcastle United - club for sale, takeover close?

5 hours ago, col_nufc1 said:

Its gone through :hammer:

That was the quickest takeover ever (Mike Ashley take note) and my first ever tycoon takeover on any version of FM.

New transfer budget as result of takeover.jpg

Personel message from Xie Libin.jpg

Newcastle count the money.png

Any chance of uploading that save?

FFS!  Went into February of 2nd season 8th, in the 5th round of the FA cup and in pretty good nick all in all.  Played Liverpool, Arsenal and Man City in a week, all away from home and it just imploded.  Lost 7-2 at Anfield, 6-0 at The Emirates and 5-1 at Etihad!  I could not do anything to stop them - wow stunned.

2 hours ago, Geordieboy52 said:

Any chance of uploading that save?

I could if you want ? but I have spent all the money :D 

Picked up what could be the best signing of my entire FM career to date.  Scouts came back on told me that Joao Felix had requested to leave Benfica and was listed for £37m, I slapped a bid in quicker than you Jordan Pickford can fumble the ball and hey presto - he's a mag!  One of the drawbacks and pluses of the game that, that the AI doesn't even contemplate transfers between windows.

Started as Newcastle on the update. Made two signings, Xadas for £850k and Cristian Pavon for £5 mil. Never had Pavon before, so I'm excited to see what the fuss is all about :p 

Almost 3 months into the save, and no takeover attempt so far...What's up with that? :rolleyes: :D

Anyways, it's going okay... we started off by beating Cardiff 3-0, then losing 0-1 to Arsenal, drawing 2-2 at home to Crystal Palace before beating Everton 3-2 away. We also defeated Stoke 2-0 to advance to the third round of the Carabao Cup. Next league game is away to Man Utd. I'm not expecting anything from that. 

Got a little bored of my first winter transfer save after about 2 1/2 seasons.  Just mired in the mid-table battle while to top teams spend billions - sounds sadly familiar. :(

So... it happened. They now want CL ball, and I know that's impossible. So I'll probably get fired at the end of the season,  which makes me wonder if the save if worth continuing.

Egon Skovmand_  Inbox.png

Egon Skovmand_  Inbox-2.png

Egon Skovmand_  Inbox-3.png

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Gungner said:

So... it happened. They now want CL ball, and I know that's impossible. So I'll probably get fired at the end of the season,  which makes me wonder if the save if worth continuing.

Egon Skovmand_  Inbox.png

Egon Skovmand_  Inbox-2.png

Egon Skovmand_  Inbox-3.png

Probably yeah. That's what ruined my Newcastle save. They wanted me to just stay up and I was battling around 16th/17th in October. Then we got taken over and given 80m to spend but they want champions league football in the first season! So I got to January around 16th and had to get to 4th place with just 80m to keep my job. Crazy and unrealistic. Might have another go with Newcastle soon though 

Edited by Carlf788

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I'm gonna delete the save. It's way too unrealistic. New owners, however ambitious, should at least look at the mathematically opportunity in the season they take over, before they set the new goals.  Or you should at least be able to talk to them about their unrealistic goals.

Edited by Gungner

2 hours ago, nateliv said:

Once upon a time there was a football club. Then there was a fat Home County frying pan and then there was a fire. And everybody jumped into the fire.

Constructive, well done. :applause:

Posted (edited)

I have to have one good NUFC save each year and the only Newcastle save I have attempted on FM19 I got a takeover wanting champions league in the first season then got sacked so hopefully that dosen't happen again and I can finally win something as my team Newcastle.

I have Invested most the budget at the start into my under 23s and under 18s so they are now stacked with potential which will hopefully pay off in the long run. I shifted the players I'm not keen on out to raise funds like Ritchie, Dummett, Joselu etc and I got Max Aarons and Ben Pearson in too as they seemed two of the best players in the championship. 

I have edited Rafa Benitez in as my assistant and got Les Ferdinand as DOF

Edited by Carlf788

made it to the end of the 1st season, still no takeover but came 12th and got 60m to spend in the summer window. I have stocked the under 23s with some serious young talent and potential

Screenshot (14).png

Posted (edited)

Just about to start season 2, spent about 20m on players for my youth teams as they needed bringing up to scratch. Then signed Neres and Ziyech off Ajax for a combined 30m and Kevin Volland off Leverkusen for 18m as they somehow got relegated! Takeover still been discussed. Aiming for top half this year  with this team

Screenshot (15).png

Edited by Carlf788

On 27/04/2019 at 20:19, Carlf788 said:

Just about to start season 2, spent about 20m on players for my youth teams as they needed bringing up to scratch. Then signed Neres and Ziyech off Ajax for a combined 30m and Kevin Volland off Leverkusen for 18m as they somehow got relegated! Takeover still been discussed. Aiming for top half this year  with this team

Screenshot (15).png

Is that Rolando Aarons at right back?

1 hour ago, lblanc said:

I'd guess, Max Aarons (starts at Norwich)

7 hours ago, warlock said:

I'd guess, Max Aarons (starts at Norwich)

Cool, was thinking Rolando wouldn't be natural as a right back

On 29/04/2019 at 00:08, lblanc said:

Yeah Max haha

Gone back in afresh, 2nd season at the minute - wholesale changes to say the least. Squad is barely recognisable, anyone had any joy with Kasinga-Madia? His rating has improved over the first season and he's now 4 1/2 star potential...

First three games of season

Liverpool

Spurs

Man City

:seagull:

Looking like FM20's Newcastle thread will be very interesting indeed

On ‎27‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 20:24, lblanc said:

Looking like FM20's Newcastle thread will be very interesting indeed

Not getting hyped until the deal is done. Typical summer takeover talk. For real life and FM20 I do hope so though

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, shaun_turnbull said:

Not getting hyped until the deal is done. Typical summer takeover talk. For real life and FM20 I do hope so though

100% agree

Fingers and toes crossed though

Edited by lblanc