Fm19 Require tactical help

First of all, the tactics are nothing special, but after a long experiment and trying it's the best thing I have managed to make so far.
Although it works quite well, I have discovered weaknesses which solution you hopefully reveal to me. The 4-2-3-1Dm is excluded in the following statistics and charts as it has not been used yet.

4-2-3-1:

Tactics:  https://imgur.com/a/BxvYdIv 
My chances / opponents earned chances:  https://imgur.com/a/vUUZvb5 
Templates:  https://imgur.com/a/fdWJ0i3 
Goals:  https://imgur.com/a/lXdLhaX 

To explain, the tactic is against more deep-seated teams or teams that are a bit more open but qualitatively too weak to be dangerous (Gladbach, Leverkusen ...), as they have the attacking midfielder as an additional man, who serves as a reference station and so the Torgefahr BEFORE the goal retains, he is himself very dangerous for goal.
The wing defenders should be a bit more defensive, as the potential counterattack in this tactic is enormous, which is why they are full-back and wing defenders.
The box-box player serves, so that movement and defensive help is there and the DLP-D is an insurance against counterattack.
The inversive winger and the winger ensure that the opposing defense is stretched and thus gaps are created.
In theory logically practical, there is still risk of countering.

As you can see, the offensive is relatively good and defensively stable.
The goals are also of a rather high quality.

Now to the problems that I hope to get solved here. I understand that you can not score goals on the assembly line, but how can I manage to score with chances, as I often see players coming to a close in relatively good positions but not completing them. I regularly have 2-3 clear chances to score and 60% of shots in the 16ener, but the scoreboard shows me a 0-0, furthermore I notice that my flanks are always blocked.

Whenever I play counterattack at higher speeds, my players lose the ball, and I'm a bit stubborn, because I have 8 good chances + 10 mediocre chances in some games and drive the opponent up the wall with offensive domination and in some cases almost nothing works and only counter-attacks were made. That's why I stick to the tactics at such moments, hoping they'll somehow click.
Because of this problem, I have the 4-3-3 tactic:

Tactics_2:  https://imgur.com/a/5LmnvWG 
The wing is based on the same principle as the 4-2-3-1, but here the wing defenders may be more offensive because I have a dm.
But this tactic is, as you can see in the pictures above, not much more stable, instead every 180min an opponent's chance only every 194min, but much less chances are played out.
I guess here is the same thinking problem of mine as the 4-2-3-1 here, but the additional man is missing in the offensive and on the other hand I use the tactics against more difficult opponents.
What would be the better way here:
1.Should I play safe possession, as the more offensive opponents have more gaps? How could I tweak it to deliver a more stable and offensive vision?
(I know that being 'impossible' is a perfect attack AND defensive, but these tactics, I guess, have a lot of room for improvement in both aspects)
2. Or should I play counterattack, but how would I avoid constant ball loss?

The last tactic should in my mind unite both pros of the 2 above listed tactics.

https://imgur.com/a/ERWkZD9 

Here the defensive is to be stabilized by 2 Dms, but by the OM also a working offensive will be maintained, because I still have not tried them I do not know how it works, but I am already looking forward to feedback.

Unfortunately, I do not know what to do if I do not get enough chances with all of these tactics because I can not counter-counter-press and play fast. Bearbeiten

9 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

These screenshots are in German. I'd like to help, but I don't understand the language, so could you somehow translate them in English (including your tactics)?

Thank you I changed it now.

24 minutes ago, Pedroig said:

@torchibo Can you double check, don't see any screenshots now.   I know enough German to get myself in trouble if not able to translate for Exp Def. ;)

Hmm, I can view them. Maybe you scrolled to the left and the whole text got shifted.

But if it still doesn't work I quoted them:

22 hours ago, torchibo said:

The last tactic should in my mind unite both pros of the 2 above listed tactics. https://imgur.com/a/ERWkZD9

Sorry, I was looking for screenshots in the post, kinda auto "look over" links most the time.

On your last tactic, what about bringing the ACM to CM(AP)s and swap your DM's positions?  That would give you a pivot, box to box, and anchor in your center three and give coverage for your marauding RWB.  Keeps your defense strong, with less "gaps" to exploit.  (Plus Bayern without a hard Pivot just seems "wrong" to me) On offense the DM(SV) will arrive late to the box to be able to exploit the adjustments the defense has made to the initial probe attack.

Judging by the screenshot of goals scored vs conceded and chances for and against, plus the fact that you are 1st in the Bundesliga, it seems that your tactics work well for you. However, I do see some flaws, primarily in terms of roles and duties. So here is what I would change in that respect - i.e. how I would (basically) set up roles and duties in each system.

The first tactic (standard 4231):

DLFa

APMs     AMs     Wa (or IFa)

BtBM    DLPd

FBa   BPD   CD     WBs

SWKs

2nd tactic (4141 DM Wide):

F9 (or DLFs)

APMs                               IFa

CMa (or MEZa)   DLPs

HB

FBa     BPD     CD      WBs

SWKs

And 3rd tactic (deep 4231):

PFs

APMs      AMa        IFa

ACM   VOLs

FBa   BPD   CD    FBs (or WBd)

SWKs

Or (alternatively):

PFs

APMs    AMs     IFa

VOLa   ACM

FBs   BPD    CD    WBs

SWKs

When it comes to other tactical instructions, I always look to avoid overkill and to use as few of them as possible, because you can always add some at any point in a match if needed. You also need to take care that instructions are not contradicting each other and there is no need to use too aggressive defending (out of possession instructions), such as (much) higher d-line, LOE and extreme urgency at the same time because it can compromise your defensive shape to an unnecessarily great degree. Especially when you are already playing on a high mentality.

1 hour ago, Experienced Defender said:

Judging by the screenshot of goals scored vs conceded and chances for and against, plus the fact that you are 1st in the Bundesliga, it seems that your tactics work well for you. However, I do see some flaws, primarily in terms of roles and duties. So here is what I would change in that respect - i.e. how I would (basically) set up roles and duties in each system.

The first tactic (standard 4231):

DLFa

APMs     AMs     Wa (or IFa)

BtBM    DLPd

FBa   BPD   CD     WBs

SWKs

2nd tactic (4141 DM Wide):

F9 (or DLFs)

APMs                               IFa

CMa (or MEZa)   DLPs

HB

FBa     BPD     CD      WBs

SWKs

And 3rd tactic (deep 4231):

PFs

APMs      AMa        IFa

ACM   VOLs

FBa   BPD   CD    FBs (or WBd)

SWKs

Or (alternatively):

PFs

APMs    AMs     IFa

VOLa   ACM

FBs   BPD    CD    WBs

SWKs

When it comes to other tactical instructions, I always look to avoid overkill and to use as few of them as possible, because you can always add some at any point in a match if needed. You also need to take care that instructions are not contradicting each other and there is no need to use too aggressive defending (out of possession instructions), such as (much) higher d-line, LOE and extreme urgency at the same time because it can compromise your defensive shape to an unnecessarily great degree. Especially when you are already playing on a high mentality.

Thank you very much these changes make sense and im going to try them.

2 hours ago, Pedroig said:

Sorry, I was looking for screenshots in the post, kinda auto "look over" links most the time.

On your last tactic, what about bringing the ACM to CM(AP)s and swap your DM's positions?  That would give you a pivot, box to box, and anchor in your center three and give coverage for your marauding RWB.  Keeps your defense strong, with less "gaps" to exploit.  (Plus Bayern without a hard Pivot just seems "wrong" to me) On offense the DM(SV) will arrive late to the box to be able to exploit the adjustments the defense has made to the initial probe attack.

Also thank you I will try it.

3 hours ago, torchibo said:

They didn't work like I expected maybe possession football isn't really manageable?

It is manageable, especially with a team like Bayern. But you need to pay attention to all details when creating a tactic. Be patient and try to watch matches at least on comprehensive highlights to see how the team plays and what could and should be changed (mentality, team instructions, player instructions, some roles or duties). And don't change to many instructions at once, but one by one. Sometimes the difference between a bad and fantastic tactic is just a couple of settings.

Archived