Playability on 8 inch tablet screen?

Hi all,

I'm currently playing FM19 Beta on Windows (absolutely loving it) and am planning to buy a tablet to continue my saved game on the go.

I was considering the Lenovo Tab 4 8 Plus (mainly because I already have a 10 inch Chromebook and was looking for something more portable on the move), but was wondering what people's experiences were of playing on an 8 inch screen? Is it so fiddly that you regretted not getting a 10 inch tablet? Whilst the Tab 4 8 Plus is a decent 283 ppi, I have fairly large fingers, and dexterity isn't exactly my strong suit...

Many thanks!

When I read your question, I intended to mention the tablet you spoke of 

Don't hesitate to buy, it FMT 18 looks brilliant on it, and runs without a problem. Like you, I don't have the smallest of fingers but it hasn't been a problem 

On a side note, the other features of the tablet are excellent, and with Dolby Atmos included, watching netflix etc sounds great 

I tried FMC on a 10 inch tablet and didn't enjoy it at all, everything looked too big and blocky, plus the tablet itself was a nuisance to hold 

I definitely recommend the tablet you mentioned 

Yeah there wasn't a problem with the game at all, the 3D aspect was fine, some people complained about the graphics, but that was the game itself, rather than whatever tablet/computer they were using 

I loaded 3 nations (8 leagues), and it was still pretty quick 

• Administrators

Even at that size you might find reading certain things a bit difficult.

As a touch interface some elements may also be a bit small to use as well I imagine.

I've only ever used a Shield K1 for FMT. There are a few bits that might require scrolling to see all of the information but they are few and far between. E.g. on the default match day settings I need to scroll if I have more than 7 subs and in the match stats box I need to scroll to see the possession row. Same  obviously applies to any long lists. I've never had an issue with it.

On 01/11/2018 at 22:27, Gerara said:

Do you now if lenovo tab 4 plus 8" wifi version has exactly the same specs with 4G one ? The processor is the same? I am a bit confused

I play the game on the tablet you mentioned (wifi) 

I have 3 nations (8 leagues) loaded, and it runs without a problem. 

Archived