Sports Interactive Community
pembehasan

In Game Editor - Why do you use?

Since FM 19 kinda easy, I'm waiting for in game editor to make game harder. I really like in game editor when I'm boosting my rivals for more competitive league. For example I send good free agents or loaned players to low table teams or improve the financial status of my rivals. I think game is not more enjoyable after you dominate everything, you win every possible cup. But with in game editor, you can create a longer gameplay.

So if I use in game editor with that purpose, you think it's still considered as cheat or a fair situation? Why do you use in game editor or anybody using like me?

Edited by pembehasan

It is your game, so you play it the way that is going to give you the most enjoyment.  Nobody can tell you that what you do is wrong or right because the game is yours to play as you want.  Threads like this always develop into slanging matches between the purists, who think that nobody should cheat or use an editor and those who openly use an editor to increase their enjoyment.  Dont be too upset if this gets closed 

I love to use the editors both in and pre game, pre game to make stronger leagues and in game to cahnege some things i forgot to change in pre game editor. But i do like to have fun and than I boost up one or two players to have max ca and pa so, the games those players played...pure fun :lol:

So use the editor as you like it and as long as it brings you fun.

I use it to give a history to my manager - where I usually become a former player who isn't in the DB. So I give him former clubs as a player, international caps, fav staff as well as link them to any clubs they may be an icon to - just to give my manager more realism 

1 hour ago, pembehasan said:

Since FM 19 kinda easy, I'm waiting for in game editor to make game harder. I really like in game editor when I'm boosting my rivals for more competitive league. For example I send good free agents or loaned players to low table teams or improve the financial status of my rivals. I think game is not more enjoyable after you dominate everything, you win every possible cup. But with in game editor, you can create a longer gameplay. 

So if I use in game editor with that purpose, you think it's still considered as cheat or a fair situation? Why do you use in game editor or anybody using like me?

So how did you handle the financial problems with Gala than? My brother is in season 3 now with finishing on top of the league for the first two years and decent success in the CL. He still is not able to make any notable transfers due to the FFP rules and the board cutting the transferbudget

I like to update real-life manager transfers and player transfers. So for example, tweaks to Real Madrid will be incoming.

only editing DB mistakes, no cheating :) 

Dreaming that it will be an option to change player's histories, places of birth and club names.

I like to tweak a few things my teams researcher has missed or maybe he sees certain players in a different light than me especially the younger players. I don't like to use it to affect other teams in the league, doesn't feel right making anyone else weaker to gain an advantage, I have been tempted to make Hearts our rivals very weak player wise but then there would be no satisfaction when I beat them.

1. I use it to update my save according to the real life player/manager changes.

2. I use it to balance the teams if my team is becoming too powerful for the league. For example, swapping the opponent's crappy players with better ones.

To reduce my managers attributes (weird that you have to take all the points to go further), and to add some favourite clubs( like as a player) for my background story (also weird that you cant do that when making a manager)

In Every FM edition I always use In-Game Editor, the things I do are updating or transfer players & managers based on real world.

And also I use In Game Editor to transfer national team managers. Because some national teams except European countries, always appoint a regen manager with no coaching experience and low reputation as their national team manager if the current manager is sacked or resigns, in real life that is not gonna happen.

for example: When Marcelo Lippi resigns or retire from the Chinese National Team, the AI always appoint Chinese regen managers with no coaching & playing experience and have very low reputation as their national team manager. so with In Game Editor I can help them to find good experience managers and high reputation managers to make the game looks more realistic.

And also editing some mistakes on DB, i hope in the future In Game Editor will have full feature like Pre-Game Editor. like editing rules in competitions, Add Histories of Players & Staffs, etc.

Edited by bramcarella

1. Add a second surname to players having the same surname as other teammates (unless they are related) - try managing in Iceland! 

2. Update kits for lower division sides 

3. Remove PSG, Man City, etc. sugar daddies 

4. Change club colours if they are not visually clear (eg light grey on white, becomes dark grey on white)

1 hour ago, Jorrah the Andal said:

So how did you handle the financial problems with Gala than? My brother is in season 3 now with finishing on top of the league for the first two years and decent success in the CL. He still is not able to make any notable transfers due to the FFP rules and the board cutting the transferbudget

1. Find free transfers for easy money. For example, I agreed with Patrick Roberts as free agent. After 1 year (even you use him as rotation player) you can sell him at least 8-10m euros. If you search, you will find lot of free transfers.

2. Find wonderkids or decent youngsters. For that, you need a good scout team and you need to know newgen dates. When new newgens generated, quickly scan and buy them. Especially in Colombia you will find really cheap wonderkids.

This year I wanted to buy it and for the first time edit a player (Cancelo) but I changed my mind because I want to respect 100% the researchers' work and I'll let everything how it's.

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

16 minutes ago, velvetsky said:

this is due out Friday am I right in saying? I haven't missed it already have i ? 

Out soon after the full game, not missed anything  :thup:

55 minutes ago, pembehasan said:

1. Find free transfers for easy money. For example, I agreed with Patrick Roberts as free agent. After 1 year (even you use him as rotation player) you can sell him at least 8-10m euros. If you search, you will find lot of free transfers.

2. Find wonderkids or decent youngsters. For that, you need a good scout team and you need to know newgen dates. When new newgens generated, quickly scan and buy them. Especially in Colombia you will find really cheap wonderkids.

Yep, that's also the strategy I am following with my Fenerbahce career. I've had some great FA signings like Matheur Perreira and Kenneth Omeruo and was able to loan first team players like Zinchenko, Dalot and Jovic. The difference we see between a save in Fener and Gala is that when managing Gala, you will get much more offers for your players then for Fener. I can barely sell any unwanted player, guess that has to do with the reputation of the club

I use IGE because I want to check CA/PA of my players, especially young teams. Yes its cheating but I dont care :) 

But my favourite part of IGE its possibility to changes kits. I change kits for a lot clubs every few seasons in long saves - update home kits, make it fresh. Create new away/reserve kits.\

Every FM I play one save for medium club and use unlimited money. In FM18 it was Hertha Berlin. I spend 200 mln euro every season and wage limit 250 mln euro/year.
It was funny, but one issue btw - players can't get about power of my project and riches and few seasons difficult to keep them.

Edited by Novem9

3 hours ago, Khalev said:

To reduce my managers attributes (weird that you have to take all the points to go further), and to add some favourite clubs( like as a player) for my background story (also weird that you cant do that when making a manager)

Why don’t you just select lower badges/experience? 

Because lets say i wanna role play it as a ex top footballer with the respect which comes with it, that doesnt say im any good.

Thats why it would be nice that you can decide it yourself how many points you wanna spend.

I use it to cheat and create the best players for my tactic.. I like to test tactics in general and always wanna have the best for each position. Also to do cheap transfers and sell some of players high.. 

I use it to create more realistic manager settings for myself. (I've never agreed with things like determination, level of discipline, etc., being connected with reputation.)

I also do things like have more realistic settings for other languages that I speak. For example, I'm American, and I don't know more than a few words of Spanish, but FM makes me fluent in Spanish too.

I wish that I could do that - change my initial manager settings - and then completely turn off IGE (i.e. never have access to any hidden attributes) since I never use IGE once my career starts.

4 hours ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

This year I wanted to buy it and for the first time edit a player (Cancelo) but I changed my mind because I want to respect 100% the researchers' work and I'll let everything how it's.

Most of the research is amazing 99% of the time however there are a couple of ridiculous stuff which needs changing for example Mbappe having 14 for finishing is a disgrace. No one has researched him for the past 2 years.

In questo momento, Sid1984 ha scritto:

Most of the research is amazing 99% of the time however there are a couple of ridiculous stuff which needs changing for example Mbappe having 14 for finishing is a disgrace. No one has researched him for the past 2 years.

Spoiler

Now they changed it :D 

Btw I agree. I mean, Juventus players attributes are accurate then I can't complain much but Cancelo imo is massively underrated. At the moment he is probably the best right complete wing-back in the world. Look his dribbling for example, even if seems enough for a RB it's not for him, this season he has the highest number of successful dribbles for match in serie A (3 that is the 73% of his attempts).
Anyways I'll wait for the winter update :D 

I will up cancelo a little bit for sure, but Mbappe finishing is not even close, needs to be 17 minimum, 14 is not even serious.

i find the player interactions super forced and scripted so i skip all of them and just choose remover player unhappiness.

like in my recent save, sven bender wanted to join bayern and i refused. so half the squad became unhappy because i refused to sell bender. on the last day of transfer window, i allowed him to leave and then the squad became unhappy again because i let bender go lol

it's just so stupid.

Edited by Artin

Taking over a new team and having 7 key and 14 First team status players is a recipe for a constant queue at my door after every game demanding game time. I have sometimes used an editor to adjust the squad statuses of players in both my first team and reserve squads to realistic levels in order to placate my doctor about my blood pressure levels.

I am a bit like @FrazT

When  I start a save, I sometimes dig in with the Editor and adjust some of the already-set loans/transfers/contract statuses (should that be statii?) 

In FM18, I ran the Level 10 database and would adjust some of the kits to reflect IRL better (I had the graphics kit-packs but not the 3d kits) as I got annoyed at seeing a team with a mainly red kit, turning up and playing in yellow!

11 hours ago, physiar said:

4. Change club colours if they are not visually clear (eg light grey on white, becomes dark grey on white)

Can you do this? I've never used an in-game editor in FM and probably never will, but one of the reasons I don't manage certain clubs is due to the colour schemes of the clubs. For example, AC and Inter have red and blue on a black background, and the likes of Bournemouth have black on a red background, all of which looks horrible. The absolute worst though is the garish blue writing on red background. 

Would be the one and only reason I'd use such a thing, but I probably won't bother. 

I use it to adjust teams or finances to make the game feel more balanced. I like the fact you can also change names, as some countries just have generic names which seem to repeat themselves a lot.

I also once gave Weston Super Mare 100000000 euros, bumped up their reputation a bit and hired a world class manager to see what would happen (i was playing as a different team at the time).

I check the PA of players in my team and others after I have signed them. I also some times will tweak the hidden attributes like professionalism a bit because I don't really like the game model of how player development is allegedly so reliant on this one number.

8 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Can you do this? I've never used an in-game editor in FM and probably never will, but one of the reasons I don't manage certain clubs is due to the colour schemes of the clubs. For example, AC and Inter have red and blue on a black background, and the likes of Bournemouth have black on a red background, all of which looks horrible. The absolute worst though is the garish blue writing on red background. 

Would be the one and only reason I'd use such a thing, but I probably won't bother. 

You need to add club icon (or change colours the kit altogether) from the edit kits menu. 

image.thumb.png.7d0feb31619ec261a433bc3907a40739.png

56 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

I check the PA of players in my team and others after I have signed them. I also some times will tweak the hidden attributes like professionalism a bit because I don't really like the game model of how player development is allegedly so reliant on this one number.

I do this a bit in some degree. You need rules not abuse it. But sometimes when playing lower league, and there is young player who just keeps trashing teams but reached his measly 120PA already, i give him some breathing room as I see there should be some reward for getting out so much from a player. Additionally player does not stop developing at hitting 21-22... But u have to have ground rules how u do it. I have even given PA to opponent players.

Maybe this year will be bit different and slower pace in CA rise as the training module has been revamped and skyhigh development should not happen so easily.

1 hour ago, oblongata21 said:

I also once gave Weston Super Mare 100000000 euros, bumped up their reputation a bit and hired a world class manager to see what would happen (i was playing as a different team at the time).

So... what did happen?

1 minute ago, rcirani7 said:

So... what did happen?

Well they did quite well. I only played 7 seasons and by that time they were sitting on 3rd in the Championship. They missed out on promotion the first year, then got 2 straight promotions. They even signed Andy Carroll somehow while they were in League One, and they were paying him about 80k p/w lol. They also had about 4 or 5 regens that were doing quite well, and 2 were U21 international players. 

16 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I won't manage some teams if I don't like their kits, pedantic maybe but Basel for example, that red and blue makes my eyes bleed!

Discounting my obligatory cheat file, I use it for four things:

• Keeping my favourite players competitive. I usually do it by saving the game, scouting a replacement and getting the transfer arranged. Once I know the potential value, I reload the previous save and do some stat upgrading. Then I get the money exchanged, completely kill the replacement player (stats and reputation down, contract terminated) and go my merry way.
  • Testing tactics and roles for my 'real' save. Also experimenting with some combinations. 
  • Checking retiring heroes' hidden stats.
  • Giving my retiring players better staff attributes because sometimes they are ridiculously low and I love a more familiar club setting! Normally I do this by putting them roughly on level with other staff and upgrading along the way if they deserve it and I could conceivably still hire them.

I think this year with the smooth 3d I might also change a few kits on longer saves. A shame the editor is one for all and once activated counts 'against' the file. It'd be nice if a disabled editor would still allow such 'soft' changes!

I remove all player injuries/bans (all teams not just mine) and recall all of my players away on loan, including youth, so I can decide whether to train them or find a suitable team for them. 

Increasingly I find that I have started to fix determination and natural fitness of my U18/23 players as they are always shockingly low (I start dozens of new saves in an attempt to see if its an issue and it definitely think it is). Generally I'll only fix those that I know have a decent chance of making it irl, leaving the fate of the others up to the FM god's. Think I'll do that from the start of my main save this year as it really bugs me.

At some point I will try a save without any changes as I do feel a bit guilty that I feel the need to mess with the database.

Just realised this thread is for in game editor.... don't use it, all the above is pre game. 

I use FMRTE and have for many years. I always heavily edit the database to bring down the top level CA/PA ratings before starting FM. Unfortunately, once the newgens start coming through, the game unbalances itself with a glut of Messi-esque superplayers, so I use RTE to track down any newgens under 18 with a PA of more than 140 and cut down the number of players in that group as well as their average PA. I also use it to mitigate the effect of some of FM's ongoing issues, such as players getting unhappy for no coherent reason and, thanks to squad dynamics, that unhappiness spreading to all the key players in the squad. Won't lie, I've used it more than a few times to remove injuries as well, when the game decides to take out all your best players for six months on the eve of a big game.

I began to use it to give a certain amount of PA to players who perform good in seasons of my save (even from other teams), as it shouldn't make sense that an young striker who scored like 25 goals in some low reputation league should be limited to 120 PA. Although it's quite time consuming and last time i did this the power went off and i lost hours of changes :(

Edited by lucasnake

I use it on occasion when players who should be given work permits aren't, for whatever reason. One example was Grujic at Liverpool - for love nor money, I could not get a contract renewal past the work permits for him, despite the fact, IRL, he has a new 5 year contract.

Edited by JordanMillward_1

Honestly I just use it mostly as a scouting tool and for seeing the CA/PA of my players. It’s just incredibly useful to be able to see exactly how good a player is when you’re scouting, it’s also great for international management cause you can easily see the best available to you. 

Other than that it’s great for sending players out on loan when they stupidly reject offers. 

On 31/10/2018 at 11:10, velvetsky said:

I use it to give a history to my manager - where I usually become a former player who isn't in the DB. So I give him former clubs as a player, international caps, fav staff as well as link them to any clubs they may be an icon to - just to give my manager more realism 

How do you do this, I looked in the in game editor and couldn't find it any where.

This is an essential tool for me as I use it to correct false information I discover during the course of a game. For example, a former Port Vale player called Billy Reeves is actually Welsh (born in Wrexham) but he was set as English on the game. This is all I use it for. I've never been tempted to cheat in any way as it devalues the experience of the game.

6 hours ago, jc1 said:

How do you do this, I looked in the in game editor and couldn't find it any where.

You create a manager with the name you wish as well as a generate a face using a photo from the internet of your chosen ex player. Add their dob and place of birth their international caps and goals etc. In the edit add their favourite clubs - I tend to add all their ex clubs. On the right it says “supporter” change this to ex player this way it links you in the game with these clubs. Eg if you were playing as Philip lahm ( as I have chosen to do currently) I have added on Bayern with the hope that when I am ready I shall get the top job there. You can also edit the clubs information and make your manager an icon etc this then can link you to the club 

Changing the names of competitions, because I can't be bothered with the pre-game editor