Do I need Scouts?

I set my new save to not mask player attribute numbers. (My rationale is that, in the world of pro football, all players are basically known already...).

My question is: do I need a staff of scouts? Granted, they come up with name suggestions, but what else do I get by having scouts? How should I use or keep them?  

Thanks for your insights.

2 minutes ago, phd_angel said:

I set my new save to not mask player attribute numbers. (My rationale is that, in the world of pro football, all players are basically known already...).

Only the big names. How could you possibly know the ability of all the thousands of players from all over the world and then you have the new gens coming in seasons beyond who of course you wouldn't know.for realism attribute masking is a must and yes, although scouts can be hit and miss they are still very helpful in game.

Expected asking wages, expected transfer price, interest level of coming to your club, hints into hidden attributes (Lacks Consistency/Does not Perform well in big matches/Injry Prone).  All things the "numbers" don't tell ya...

Archived