Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
GShrieves

Beta To Full Version

Will all the fixes that will be made during the release of the full game take affect in my current online save? Or will the save have to be restarted? I have seen some people say that saves carrying over from the Beta to the full game will still have some bugs.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb GShrieves:

Will all the fixes that will be made during the release of the full game take affect in my current online save? Or will the save have to be restarted? I have seen some people say that saves carrying over from the Beta to the full game will still have some bugs.

All bug fixes are saved game compatible, except league rules changes/fixes. 

8 minutes ago, GShrieves said:

Not sure why anyone would want to carry a save over to be honest. I find the 3 injuries a game infuriating.

vor 1 Minute schrieb true_valiant:

Not sure why anyone would want to carry a save over to be honest. I find the 3 injuries a game infuriating.

The injury issue is not save game related, if it's fixed in the game, it will also be fixed for your saved game.

8 minutes ago, KUBI said:

The injury issue is not save game related, if it's fixed in the game, it will also be fixed for your saved game.

Yes but by that time, gameplay, competition/league rankings and squad availability will be affected by the bug, possibly resulting in teams not qualifying for europe, relegating, managers fired etc that would not have taken place without the bug.... so I can fully understand people that don't want to carry on a save where the first xx months / years have been affected by this

Edited by DavyDepuydt1

7 minutes ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

Yes but by that time, gameplay, competition/league rankings and squad availability will be affected by the bug, possibly resulting in teams not qualifying for europe, relegating, managers fired etc that would not have taken place without the bug.... so I can fully understand people that don't want to carry on a save where the first xx months / years have been affected by this

Nailed

This year beta is a full fiasco, at least for some of us. I agree with you 100%, same speech on the FM Touch side.

The drawback is that the next years the preorders will decrease for sure. I hope SI will learn the lesson about injuries and jadedness, they are both show-stoppers if left completely out of control like this year.

Edited by Boomer Ang

5 minutes ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

That is a bit too butterfly effect for my liking :D 

Realistically everyone is on a level playing field in this version, much like they will be for the release code. If there was a bug where say the User has an advantage over the AI perhaps I'd consider it, but for me the save I've started in the beta I'll definitely be continuing likely until I finish on FM19. But each to their own. 

6 minutes ago, Boomer Ang said:

Nailed

This year beta is a full fiasco, at least for some of us. I agree with you 100%, same speech on the FM Touch side.

The drawback is that the next years the preorders will decrease for sure. I hope SI will learn the lesson about injuries and jadedness, they are both show-stoppers if left completely out of control like this year.

In contrast I feel the beta has been the best it's ever been despite the bugs I've experienced, and I love moaning.  

1 minute ago, Rags89 said:

In contrast I feel the beta has been the best it's ever been despite the bugs I've experienced, and I love moaning.  

I trust you, infact I specified " at least for some of us:)

Dunno if " we " is 30% or 70% or in between, this I do not know but reading in the forum I might dare to say 35%

Edited by Boomer Ang

I also find the Beta really enjoyable, but it's things like the injury bug that prevent me to start my real career... I know this can happen, it's a beta, it's just a shame for me personally since it's the only thing holding me back. I believe @Neil Brock that it's probably not that big of an effect on the game as a whole, on the other hand, I can't get myself over it :) I also like to believe football and hopefully FM is the sum of all variables, so in theory at least, my worst-case-scenario I described can also happen... 

8 minutes ago, Boomer Ang said:

I trust you, infact I specified " at least for some of us:)

Dunno if " we " is 30% or 70% or in between, this I do not know but reading in the forum I might dare to say 35%

I've had some game breaking issues, where the game won't let me continue, 2 red cards in a game I'm after I'm 5-1 up in leading to a crash for example. I think you must have rose tinted glasses on previous betas to suggest this has been a full fiasco for anyone, or to think this will impact preorders. Preorders could go down though, given the record numbers and revamp this year. 

Edited by Rags89
typo