• Windows 10 Home 64-bit

• 802.11 a/c Wifi + Bluetooth 4.0

• 720p HD camera

• Ports: 1 x USB 3.0, 2 x USB 2.0

• 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack

• 1 x VGA

• HDMI

• RJ-45

• 4-in-1 Card Reader (SD, SDHC, SDXC, MMC)

• DVD/RW

so I should comfortably run Fm16 and Fm17 after listening to welshaces advice. 

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello! I'm hoping this group can help me out. My husband is addicted to FM and as I expected, has requested the new version for christmas. Only issue is that his existing laptop is about to die and definitely won't meet the new specs.

He LITERALLY only uses the laptop for FM and has it running whenever he is home. The current setup is a laptop on a small table next to the couch within arms reach of his usual seat.  I want to get him a new machine as well as the game, but obviously a lot of the features of the newer computers will go untouched. Also don't want to break the bank. 

What would you all recommend? (Fyi We are in the states)

Forgive me for being a bit dense about the details. Im copying this info from the "performance info"

His current laptop is a HP pavilion

Processor: Amd Athlon p360 dual-core processor 2.30GHz

Memory: 4.00 GB

Graphics: Amd m800g with ATI mobility Radeon HD 4250 

Gaming graphics: 1917mb total available graphics memory

Hard drive: 130gb free (283gb total)

I'm hoping to keep the budget around $500 or so.

On 9/20/2016 at 22:17, FM-Widow said:

Hello! I'm hoping this group can help me out. My husband is addicted to FM and as I expected, has requested the new version for christmas. Only issue is that his existing laptop is about to die and definitely won't meet the new specs.

He LITERALLY only uses the laptop for FM and has it running whenever he is home. The current setup is a laptop on a small table next to the couch within arms reach of his usual seat.  I want to get him a new machine as well as the game, but obviously a lot of the features of the newer computers will go untouched. Also don't want to break the bank. 

What would you all recommend? (Fyi We are in the states)

Hi I literally just read your post and then this was on youtube:

Acer

Might be a bit overkill for your husbands needs even. I'm no expert but that seems like a pretty good deal?

Amazon

I'm not in the US so dont know where you go looking for bargains but who knows you might be able to get it cheaper somewhere else too.

Hey Guys i used to play FM for years and have had a 5 year break and have decided to start playing FM again, I'm looking for a laptop 15" portable, decent battery life budget is roughly £1000 i want this laptop to last me a good 5 years(if poss)

I want fast starts and loads, be able to run 4-6 leagues, not bothered about match play as only use commentary and key highlights.  Also would play other games like Skyscraper and command and conquer types of games aswell 

i have done research of my own Asus Rog gl552vw, asus k501, Dell 7000 series

i thought i would post here for your opinions/suggestions 

Thanks

Hi, would this refurnished laptop be good enough to run about 6-8 leagues on medium database? I mainly play on 2d and goals replays on 3d.

Intel Core i7-3612QM 3.1Ghz Processor (turbo boost to 3.1Ghz, 6MB L3 cache )

14" HD LED

Nvidia GT630 2GB

8GB DDR3

750GB hdd 

Window 7 home 64 bits

Hi All,

Just recently sold my 3 year old desktop PC as it was starting to get a bit sluggish, and as I have just moved into a smaller flat, I am looking to get a laptop as short on space.

I have around £500 to spend and I usually I run about 5-6 leagues on a medium database and I do watch 3D highlights so might need something with decent graphics?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers

Andrew

I'm not a computer expert but I just use the website below to check. Using the xiaomi laptop above as example, I google the graphics card name and add the words game debate and you will find the website below. Just key in your processor, ram and game then you will be able to find out if your laptop is able to run FM17.

http://www.game-debate.com/hardware/?gid=3455&graphics=GeForce 940MX 2GB

CPU and GPU performances are both 244% and ram is 200% so this should give you a rough guide that the laptop is good enough for FM17.

Hi all, I'm long at getting a new laptop for uni, and of course, FM17. My budget is about £600...I'm going off the basis that any i7 processor and 8gb of ram will let me play the game at a very fast pace, would that be correct? And for the 3d match engine, will Intel integrated HD graphics suffice?

Cheers

11 hours ago, JobyKing said:

Hi all, I'm long at getting a new laptop for uni, and of course, FM17. My budget is about £600...I'm going off the basis that any i7 processor and 8gb of ram will let me play the game at a very fast pace, would that be correct? And for the 3d match engine, will Intel integrated HD graphics suffice?

Cheers

There are i7's and there are i7's ...

i7 6700HQ and i7 6820HK are very good, and are the "proper" big daddies of laptop processors. The ultra low voltage (ULV) i7's are not in the same class; lower voltage (and therefore lower power consumption and lower temperature output) does also mean lower performance, there's no way around that fact.  So if you go with one of the first two I mentioned, 8 GB RAM and a SSD, your FM will run as fast (or as big) as you can expect any normal laptop to do.

The onboard graphics chips in these processors will run the 3D matches, but probably not with maxed settings.

Hello,

So I'm looking to build a new PC for FM 2017. I'm wondering whether a Intel i5 66ook would be strong enough for FM (I like to run a pretty big player database) I'm guessing a graphics card isn't a big requirement for FM (I plan to use my current graphics card MSi GTX 970) But really I'm asking... do I need a bigger Processor or does the game require loads of RAM? (or both?)  also is a SSD a requirement as well?

thanks for reading

Steve 

16 hours ago, cris182 said:

Sorry but can i bump this as mine is blatantly now on it's last legs and i could do with ordering ASAP as i cannot be without a laptop for more than a day or so really and am looking to order today if possible

Hi @cris182,

How do you feel about refurbs or barely used laptops?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B01FG28F30/ref=sr_1_19_olp?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1475590898&sr=1-19&condition=used

That said, the laptop you posted is a great purchase, it's not the greatest spec in the world and while the processor is good, it is a little dated with new tech out recently... but honestly, I can't find much better for the price.

16 minutes ago, Welshace said:

Hi @cris182,

How do you feel about refurbs or barely used laptops?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B01FG28F30/ref=sr_1_19_olp?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1475590898&sr=1-19&condition=used

That said, the laptop you posted is a great purchase, it's not the greatest spec in the world and while the processor is good, it is a little dated with new tech out recently... but honestly, I can't find much better for the price.

@Welshace

Thanks very much, Really appreciate that. Like the look of the one you posted,  Think i am going to give that a go. 

Hi all. 

I am after some help looking for a decent laptop for my 11 year old sons Xmas present to play FM 17 on.

Something that would cope with:

2-3 leagues loaded

Medium database and 3D match highlights.

My budget is around £300-500

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, GM1903 said:

I would like to bump my thread too ! Looking for a powerful gaming laptop 15" just for FM.  Budget is £750-1,000 thanks

The world is your oyster with a budget like that tbh... anything else in particular you can specify? any particular games you play? any particular shops to buy from etc?

1 hour ago, Welshace said:

The world is your oyster with a budget like that tbh... anything else in particular you can specify? any particular games you play? any particular shops to buy from etc?

I would like a brand new portable i7 laptop, the types of games i would play are FM2017, Skyline and command and conquer types

While i've been searching the ones that have caught my eye is the msi ge62 6QD and Asus NN552vw

I don't have a preference of where i shop, if online then needs to be reputable and trustworthy.

The  msi ge62 6QD  's suffer the same issues as the others in the series really... the power consumption and therefore battery life are basically non existent..

I have to admit, I'm not at all familiar with the   Asus NN552vw  .. I don't even know it's specs..

When it comes to top of the line notebooks, the basic components are usually the same.. i.e cpu's, ram, graphics cards.. they stick the standard 6700hq and 16gb ram with gtx 960 or a 950 in  .. so what it comes down to is build quality, battery life etc  .. the small things.

Suffice to say, neither would struggle much with any of those games..  all I would suggest is looking into how each laptop you choose from handles heat from high performance as obviously when gaming on a notebook , heat is the big worry.

16 hours ago, Welshace said:

All 3 are pretty much in my budget, the only game i play is Fm, i prefer to play in 2d but do like the option of 3d, i normally have around 4 or 5 nations running with about 9 or 10 leagues on.

Other than that ill use it for the Internet and maybe a little bit of writing on word and stuff, will all 3 be ok to do all this on? Advice would be greatly appreciated.

@Welshace

The refurb laptop fell through so back to square one, Any thoughts on these 2. 

First one is the one i posted earlier  http://www.ebuyer.com/748760-msi-gl62-6qd-gaming-laptop-9s7-16j612-409

Or is this one any good? http://www.ebuyer.com/737628-asus-k501ux-laptop-k501ux-dm190t

There isn't much difference in their prices so any advice would be great, Current laptop is hanging by a thread at the minute, And i have no idea at all as you can tell

The msi is better no doubt between those two.. if the choice is between them.. go for the msi

15 hours ago, GM1903 said:

Welshace I have decided to go for a dell inspiron 7000 gaming laptop am not sure quite the difference between having HD+SSD or just having only SSD please take a look

http://www.dell.com/uk/p/inspiron-15-7566-laptop/pd?ref=PD_OC

Hi,

I love dells.. writing this from a dell similar to the one you linked in fact...

An SSD is always going to be better than a HD+SSD .. the difference is that you can usually get much more space for your money if it's an HD+SSD... 

This is what I'm currently using right now:  http://www.dell.com/uk/p/inspiron-15-5567-laptop/pd?oc=cn55712&model_id=inspiron-15-5567-laptop ... 

I would .. but that's based on the fact it is potentially £150 cheaper and not far behind in terms of performance... 

The thing to note is that the dell has a brand new cpu that hasn't been fully benchmarked yet by the public, so it's pretty hard to judge it for fm's purposes..

That said, I love dells, and generally will always lean towards them :)

@Welshace

Thanks very much for your feedback etc

If i go for the gaming series laptop will just go for the 512 SSD one

I have looked at the new inspiron 15 series aswell and i quite like the look of them too so am considering saving a few quid and getting the i7 inspiron 15 256SSD

I'm sure it's fine Chris... but I make it a policy not to buy from a company too sloppy not to even mention what cpu it has in it's laptop... that's basic sloppyness that I can only imagine they carry on into more important factors like warranty, service etc.

Hi all,

Firstly, I apologise if this is in the wrong section. Long story short, my Macbook is  8 years old and horrendously slow. meaning I can't play FM anymore without it breaking on me.

I am looking to buy a new laptop which will easily handle FM. Maybe 4/5 countries loaded and the Facepacks included. Also, looking for video editing. I just really want a laptop which will go quick and not struggle.

I have been looking at this: MSI Gaming Laptop

I am just wondering if anybody has any suggestions on a different laptop? Or whether this one should do the job.

Budget about £750.

Thank you, hope you can help.

Fola

Hello, I’m looking for a new laptop to play FM on with as many leagues as possible running. Would also like to be able to watch the matches with a decent graphics setting. Other games I play would be one’s like rim world, civilization, europa universalis and would like to get elite and tropica 5. I have around 700-800 to spend on one

4 hours ago, Fola said:

Hi all,

Firstly, I apologise if this is in the wrong section. Long story short, my Macbook is  8 years old and horrendously slow. meaning I can't play FM anymore without it breaking on me.

I am looking to buy a new laptop which will easily handle FM. Maybe 4/5 countries loaded and the Facepacks included. Also, looking for video editing. I just really want a laptop which will go quick and not struggle.

I have been looking at this: MSI Gaming Laptop

I am just wondering if anybody has any suggestions on a different laptop? Or whether this one should do the job.

Budget about £750.

Thank you, hope you can help.

Fola

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/9S7-16J612-408-MSI-GL62-6QD-408UK_2000883.html

Have a look at this one within your budget and a better spec.

Most sellers will let you pay with finance these days... 

There are pages and pages of recommendations on this thread within your budget.. suggest you look through the last few pages and see.

Not sure how many times it needs to be said... but if people want others to go to the lengths of finding laptops for them, they can at least spend two minutes thinking about what their needs are beyond a price and letting us know so we have at least something to go on.

2 hours ago, Welshace said:

Most sellers will let you pay with finance these days... 

There are pages and pages of recommendations on this thread within your budget.. suggest you look through the last few pages and see.

Not sure how many times it needs to be said... but if people want others to go to the lengths of finding laptops for them, they can at least spend two minutes thinking about what their needs are beyond a price and letting us know so we have at least something to go on.

Sorry about that should have read the pages.

On 06/10/2016 at 07:19, Welshace said:

I'm sure it's fine Chris... but I make it a policy not to buy from a company too sloppy not to even mention what cpu it has in it's laptop... that's basic sloppyness that I can only imagine they carry on into more important factors like warranty, service etc.

Intel Core i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50 ghz turbo boost 3.1ghz

12 minutes ago, Fola said:

How would this work in terms of FM?

Basically I want the best laptop for FM there is. I use 2d graphics but just want to have a lot of league and for it to be quick.

I have an MSI which is couple years old now with an an i7-4702hq processor and mine runs quick enough, I use 3D graphics with all settings on high or very high. On a single player game I usually choose around 10 leagues loaded.

27 minutes ago, AndyFal36 said:

I have an MSI which is couple years old now with an an i7-4702hq processor and mine runs quick enough, I use 3D graphics with all settings on high or very high. On a single player game I usually choose around 10 leagues loaded.

Thank you for the reply mate. I will get the one you suggested I think.

I'm looking for something between £700-800 that will play 3D and breeze through quite fast, have 6-7 leagues loaded usually with facepacks and kits etc, preferably want a 17.3 screen but not massively essential, don't mind paying bit extra for the right laptop. Also play large database. Thank you in advance for any help or advice 

On 10/8/2016 at 12:24, Welshace said:

that processor is a few generations old now though.. bare in mind...

I'm only saying that because you said you wanted the best you could get.

Would you recommend anything different?

Archived