New Laptop/PC- Help Needed

Is somebody playing fm on laptop with i3 3110M processor, and how many leagues it runs?

On my desktop I have around 50k players, so should this cpu be enough?

It should work if you're not too fussed about having the fastest speeds possible. It won't crash or anything, but if you're looking to buy a new one I recommend an i5.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not a Laptop but a PC, Just ordered this with a few other parts, Optical Drive Etc, how would it Run FM? How many players should I be able to load?

http://i.gyazo.com/eb889633eb2cfeab1339703c333784b6.png

That's a pretty good deal you got. You should start with the big 5 leagues on high detail and go from there, see whether you are comfortable with the speed and add or take away leagues depending on your experience.

Looking for a laptop that can run FM at decent speed with the following requirements:

- Budget: up to 1000 Euro

- Screen Size: Preferrably 14'', not larger than 15,6''

- Powerful battery (would use the laptop also at uni, so should run for 6-8 hours)

- not too heavy (same reason as above)

- decent processor to enable running different programs (FM, browser with FB and Youtube, MS Office) at the same time at reasonable speed

Appreciate your advice in advance!

I currently have an Acer Aspire 5733 (i3-370m 4gm 500gb) laptop...its pretty terrible for FM. Mainly because it overheats (im guessing cpu problem) and turns off. It's relatively new so I'm looking to trade it and get something worthy of FM. My budget is fairly low, mainly because i won't use it for anything else.

I'm fairly computer illiterate in terms of specs. Just wondering where to start looking and what the most important specs to look for are; i'm guessing processor is key?

Looking for a laptop that can run FM at decent speed with the following requirements:

- Budget: up to 1000 Euro

- Screen Size: Preferrably 14'', not larger than 15,6''

- Powerful battery (would use the laptop also at uni, so should run for 6-8 hours)

- not too heavy (same reason as above)

- decent processor to enable running different programs (FM, browser with FB and Youtube, MS Office) at the same time at reasonable speed

Appreciate your advice in advance!

There's not a lot of laptops that can run for so long on a single charge while letting you play FM or work at the same time. You'll be either sacrificing power, money or portability.

If you don't mind playing FM at a lower speed, I would consider a MacBook Air because they have the best battery life and portability out of any laptop with a full i5 processor. Also you can probably get a student discount since you're at uni.

If you don't mind carrying a charger around, you can pick any other laptop with similar specs, but some laptops require a higher voltage and will therefore come with a bigger charger. For your budget, you're looking at maybe a i5 model from last year, 4-8GB RAM and probably a weak or no dedicated graphics chip. Maybe a Lenovo. I can't give you advice on any particular model because that really depends on where you are purchasing from.

I currently have an Acer Aspire 5733 (i3-370m 4gm 500gb) laptop...its pretty terrible for FM. Mainly because it overheats (im guessing cpu problem) and turns off. It's relatively new so I'm looking to trade it and get something worthy of FM. My budget is fairly low, mainly because i won't use it for anything else.

I'm fairly computer illiterate in terms of specs. Just wondering where to start looking and what the most important specs to look for are; i'm guessing processor is key?

The problem with playing FM and nothing else is that it's still a game, and even if you do nothing else it will require a bit of power. Low budget laptops for gaming are still somewhere between £400 and £800. To get some real improvement from what you had before which is not exactly an old old model, you'll want to buy something around the middle of that price range.

you're looking for an i5 processor, probably an M series rather than a U series. 8GB RAM would be ideal, and a dedicated graphics chip if you can afford it.

There's not a lot of laptops that can run for so long on a single charge while letting you play FM or work at the same time. You'll be either sacrificing power, money or portability.

If you don't mind playing FM at a lower speed, I would consider a MacBook Air because they have the best battery life and portability out of any laptop with a full i5 processor. Also you can probably get a student discount since you're at uni.

If you don't mind carrying a charger around, you can pick any other laptop with similar specs, but some laptops require a higher voltage and will therefore come with a bigger charger. For your budget, you're looking at maybe a i5 model from last year, 4-8GB RAM and probably a weak or no dedicated graphics chip. Maybe a Lenovo. I can't give you advice on any particular model because that really depends on where you are purchasing from.

Thanks for your advice. I thought about the Macbook Air and think it will be my choice - probably the 13'' one. Have you got any idea about where its best to buy them? At the official Apple Store (there is one in my city), via their website or via a different seller?

Thanks for your advice. I thought about the Macbook Air and think it will be my choice - probably the 13'' one. Have you got any idea about where its best to buy them? At the official Apple Store (there is one in my city), via their website or via a different seller?

I'm pretty sure you can always take the machine to Apple wherever you buy it from so just look out for any good deals since you are on a budget. But the price will likely be around the same in most places (since a new model was just released) unless you want to buy last year's model. This year's (2014) model actually has a lower price than the 2013 model so actually I think you will be safe to buy the brand new one that just came out recently.

If you can afford it, getting a RAM upgrade to 8GB (I think only if you buy from the official store) will improve the performance by a lot.

I'm pretty sure you can always take the machine to Apple wherever you buy it from so just look out for any good deals since you are on a budget. But the price will likely be around the same in most places (since a new model was just released) unless you want to buy last year's model. This year's (2014) model actually has a lower price than the 2013 model so actually I think you will be safe to buy the brand new one that just came out recently.

If you can afford it, getting a RAM upgrade to 8GB (I think only if you buy from the official store) will improve the performance by a lot.

Thanks for your advice mate. I already thought about getting the 8GB RAM (its about 100 Euros if I'm not totally wrong...), so it would be about 1100 Euros in total for the Macbook Air 13'' + 8GB RAM. Do you know whether there is any big difference between the offered i5 and the i7 processors?

Thanks for your advice mate. I already thought about getting the 8GB RAM (its about 100 Euros if I'm not totally wrong...), so it would be about 1100 Euros in total for the Macbook Air 13'' + 8GB RAM. Do you know whether there is any big difference between the offered i5 and the i7 processors?

I'm not sure the improvement between i5 and i7 is worth the extra money. If you have a budget you should stick as close to it as possible.

Hello all,

Looking at this laptop for iTunes and FM for a few versions ahead, how do you lovely people think this laptop would do for FM etc?

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/laptops-netbooks/laptops/laptops/hp-pavilion-15-n268sa-15-6-laptop-black-silver-21862441-pdt.html

It looks alright but I'm not so familiar with AMD CPUs. FM performance might be better on a quad core so that might be a good choice. Have a look at this page as a guideline to what specs you might be expecting with that budget: http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/products/area/solgaming

Looking for a computer/laptop to play FM at a really good speed with plenty of leagues and will use it for other things like work but FM will be the only game I play. If I could get it for in and around €750 I would be happy , €1,000 max. Any suggestions?

It looks alright but I'm not so familiar with AMD CPUs. FM performance might be better on a quad core so that might be a good choice. Have a look at this page as a guideline to what specs you might be expecting with that budget: http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/products/area/solgaming

Thanks! I went for it and its awesome!! I got it on Save for Laptops for £410 all in!

I can actually run FM in 3D now and it even displays i high quality (havent tried very high tho) Not that the stars mean much but graphics rating says 4 out of 5. I just tell it to choose whats best for my machine.

Processing is so quick I cant even eat a mouthful of food before it processes a week!

Thanks! I went for it and its awesome!! I got it on Save for Laptops for £410 all in!

I can actually run FM in 3D now and it even displays i high quality (havent tried very high tho) Not that the stars mean much but graphics rating says 4 out of 5. I just tell it to choose whats best for my machine.

Processing is so quick I cant even eat a mouthful of food before it processes a week!

How many leagues?

Is that the PC World one you posted? Thinking of getting it myself.

I'm after a new laptop. I want it to be able to run ALL the leagues! I currently do it on my Dell Inspriron from 2010 and it can do it, but it can take 5 mins to go to the next day.

What should i be looking for, for a quicker game? Any laptop reccomendations? Was looking at Alienware 14.

How many leagues?

Only England BSN and med DB. Plenty for me at the moment, just carried on the save from my pants lappie!

Is that the PC World one you posted? Thinking of getting it myself.

Yes but don't get it from PC world, go to save for laptops- code LOVE30 at the checkout saved me £30 too.

I know spec wise it's not an Alienware but compared to my 7 year old beast before this it blows it away!

Only England BSN and med DB. Plenty for me at the moment, just carried on the save from my pants lappie!

Yes but don't get it from PC world, go to save for laptops- code LOVE30 at the checkout saved me £30 too.

I know spec wise it's not an Alienware but compared to my 7 year old beast before this it blows it away!

OK thanks.

Also how many more leagues do you think it could handle?

OK thanks.

Also how many more leagues do you think it could handle?

I couldnt say, I havent really experimented with it like that but I am sure a couple more leagues would hurt it lol! I used to run England (BSN/S) Italy and Spain on my old laptop and that was fine on a medium DB so I would say it should be comfortable on a Large DB with those leagues.

Perhaps someone else with similar specs can comment from experience of such a spec with a high number of leagues?

Sorry I have not had the chance to tinker with this kind of thing myself!

I couldnt say, I havent really experimented with it like that but I am sure a couple more leagues would hurt it lol! I used to run England (BSN/S) Italy and Spain on my old laptop and that was fine on a medium DB so I would say it should be comfortable on a Large DB with those leagues.

Perhaps someone else with similar specs can comment from experience of such a spec with a high number of leagues?

Sorry I have not had the chance to tinker with this kind of thing myself!

No worries. Thanks for your help.

Looking for a computer/laptop to play FM at a really good speed with plenty of leagues and will use it for other things like work but FM will be the only game I play. If I could get it for in and around €750 I would be happy , €1,000 max. Any suggestions?

Processor AMD A8-3500M (QUAD CORE)

Processor clock speed 1.5GHz

Memory 8.00GB

Memory slots 2

Memory slots free 0

Maximum memory 8GB

Size 29x381x241mm

Weight 2.6kg

Sound Realtek HD Audio

Pointing device touchpad

Display

Viewable size 15.6 in

Native resolution 1,366x768

Graphics Processor AMD Radeon HD 6650M

Graphics/video ports VGA, HDMI

Graphics Memory 1,024MB

Storage

Total storage capacity 750GB

Optical drive type DVD+/-RW +/-DL

Would I be getting much of an upgrade on this laptop for €750 -> €1,000? If so can anyone suggest a really good desktop/laptop?

Processor AMD A8-3500M (QUAD CORE)

Processor clock speed 1.5GHz

Memory 8.00GB

Memory slots 2

Memory slots free 0

Maximum memory 8GB

Size 29x381x241mm

Weight 2.6kg

Sound Realtek HD Audio

Pointing device touchpad

Display

Viewable size 15.6 in

Native resolution 1,366x768

Graphics Processor AMD Radeon HD 6650M

Graphics/video ports VGA, HDMI

Graphics Memory 1,024MB

Storage

Total storage capacity 750GB

Optical drive type DVD+/-RW +/-DL

Would I be getting much of an upgrade on this laptop for €750 -> €1,000? If so can anyone suggest a really good desktop/laptop?

take a look at the laptop I linked above, spec wise the one I have seems a little better (processor & graphics wise)

Have a glance at the two specs side by side and compare tho.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello all,

Looking at this laptop for iTunes and FM for a few versions ahead, how do you lovely people think this laptop would do for FM etc?

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/laptops-netbooks/laptops/laptops/hp-pavilion-15-n268sa-15-6-laptop-black-silver-21862441-pdt.html

Take a look at my link above, this runs FM very well, it replaced my aging 7 year old laptop and is fantastic.

Fan is a little loud but does a good job keeping the laptop cool.I notice it goes nuts when it runs 3D match in FM but again at least I know its doing its job!

I got the machine for £410 i the end as I shopped around a bit. HTH!

Take a look at my link above, this runs FM very well, it replaced my aging 7 year old laptop and is fantastic.

Fan is a little loud but does a good job keeping the laptop cool.I notice it goes nuts when it runs 3D match in FM but again at least I know its doing its job!

I got the machine for £410 i the end as I shopped around a bit. HTH!

Thanks. I had a look at that one and it looks good to be honest. I might go ahead and get that one. Is it working very well for you yeah? Graphics good? Quick?

Thanks. I had a look at that one and it looks good to be honest. I might go ahead and get that one. Is it working very well for you yeah? Graphics good? Quick?

Yeah good so far, graphics on high for 3D match, weeks inbetween games fly. Granted the fan is a little loud but it keeps it very cool!

I'm looking at getting a new laptop.

[TABLE=width: 720]

[TR]

[TD=class: gridCellAlt][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: gridCellAlt]nspiron 15 Laptop 4th Generation Intel® Core i7-4500U processor (4M Cache, up to 3.0 GHz)[/TD]

[TD=class: gridCellAlt]8GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (4GBx2)[/TD]

[TD=class: gridCellAlt]1TB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive[/TD]

[TD=class: gridCellAlt]Windows 8, English (64bit)[/TD]

[TD=class: gridCellAlt]8X DVD+/-RW Drive Tray Load[/TD]

[TD=class: gridCellAlt]Integrated 10/100 Fast Ethernet[/TD]

[TD=class: gridCellAlt]AMD Radeon HD 8850M 2GB GDDR5[/TD]

[TD=class: gridCellAlt]Dell 2.0 Speakers with Waves MaxxAudio® 4[/TD]

[TD=class: gridCellAlt]65 WHr, 6-Cell Battery[/TD]

[TD=class: gridCellAlt]Dell Wireless-N 170x + Bluetooth 4.0[/TD]

[TD=class: gridCellAlt]15.6 inch LED Backlit Display with Truelife and HD resolution (1366 x 768)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

How many leagues do you guys think I could run?

I'm looking at getting a new laptop.

[TABLE=width: 720]

[TR]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: gridCellAlt]nspiron 15 Laptop 4th Generation Intel® Core i7-4500U processor (4M Cache, up to 3.0 GHz)[/TD]

[TD=class: gridCellAlt]8GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (4GBx2)[/TD]

[TD=class: gridCellAlt]1TB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive[/TD]

[TD=class: gridCellAlt]Windows 8, English (64bit)[/TD]

[TD=class: gridCellAlt]8X DVD+/-RW Drive Tray Load[/TD]

[TD=class: gridCellAlt]Integrated 10/100 Fast Ethernet[/TD]

[TD=class: gridCellAlt]AMD Radeon HD 8850M 2GB GDDR5[/TD]

[TD=class: gridCellAlt]Dell 2.0 Speakers with Waves MaxxAudio® 4[/TD]

[TD=class: gridCellAlt]65 WHr, 6-Cell Battery[/TD]

[TD=class: gridCellAlt]Dell Wireless-N 170x + Bluetooth 4.0[/TD]

[TD=class: gridCellAlt]15.6 inch LED Backlit Display with Truelife and HD resolution (1366 x 768)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

How many leagues do you guys think I could run?

You could run all of them if you don't mind the slow speed.

Start with the big 5, all of them maybe 3 leagues down and go from there. Take out leagues if it's too slow for you, add more if you think it's loading fine.

Hi guys, bit of a strange one since this is a forum specifically football manager related, however this is kind of related...

i'm in the process of looking for a new laptop. the only game i play is FM. i'd like it to run well and fast, and possibly while listening to music. currently my PC can't do both of these. the music stops and stutters while running football manager. i think the processor/motherboard is on its way out. anyway. i'm looking at this laptop:

http://www.acerdirect.co.uk/Acer_Aspire_V5-573_4th_Gen_Core_i7_4GB_1TB_Windows_8.1_Laptop_in_Silver__NX.MC2EK.008/version.asp

this is my current setup:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6850

Memory: 4GB DDR2

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX

is it worth the money to upgrade? like i said, playing FM is about as intense as it'll get for me using the laptop and i'd like it to run well, without bursting the bank to get something new. any help would be appreciated

Hi guys, bit of a strange one since this is a forum specifically football manager related, however this is kind of related...

i'm in the process of looking for a new laptop. the only game i play is FM. i'd like it to run well and fast, and possibly while listening to music. currently my PC can't do both of these. the music stops and stutters while running football manager. i think the processor/motherboard is on its way out. anyway. i'm looking at this laptop:

http://www.acerdirect.co.uk/Acer_Aspire_V5-573_4th_Gen_Core_i7_4GB_1TB_Windows_8.1_Laptop_in_Silver__NX.MC2EK.008/version.asp

this is my current setup:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6850

Memory: 4GB DDR2

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX

is it worth the money to upgrade? like i said, playing FM is about as intense as it'll get for me using the laptop and i'd like it to run well, without bursting the bank to get something new. any help would be appreciated

There are better laptops for the same price available online. The linked laptop only has 4GB of RAM (same as your current one), so I doubt that there would be any improvement of the multitasking (music + FM).

You should look for a laptop with 8GB of RAM, e.g. this one: http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/laptops-netbooks/laptops/laptops/hp-pavilion-15-n268sa-15-6-laptop-black-silver-21862441-pdt.html

Hi,

I have been lurking this thread for quite some time now, absorbing the necessary knowledge to purchase a laptop competent enough to play Football Manager 2014. It's kind of confusing as I'm sure many will agree. Now, I have gathered quite a bit of information regarding specs and such. So far I have gathered the following: An i5 core processor is good but an i3 is sufficient

(clarification?), at least 4GB of Random Access Memory (clarification?), an m series processor is better than a u series (clarification?), a dedicated graphics card is better than an integrated graphics card but only for 3d matches, and that's about it. So, that's what I have been looking for. Obviously, like many others, I'm on a budget (€400 range), which makes this very challenging. The reason why I'm posting at this moment is because I belive I have stumbled across a laptop that is well within my budget. I just want to know from the experts on here, if it's good or not. Here is the specs: Screen size - 15.6 in

Processor - Intel Core i3 3110M - 2.4 GHz

RAM - 4 GB

**** - We have great deals on memory upgrades, if you need more Ram please call our sales team on 0871 971 0005

Hard Drive - 500 GB

Operating System - Windows 8.1 (64-Bit)

Optical Drive - DVD Super Multi

Warranty - 1 year warranty

Well guys? Could you tell me if this is good? And if so, what exactly makes this a good choice? Or if it's bad, and if so, what exactly makes it's bad.

Thank you so much for reading my lengthy post, I would greatly appreciate any responses.

Hi,

I have been lurking this thread for quite some time now, absorbing the necessary knowledge to purchase a laptop competent enough to play Football Manager 2014. It's kind of confusing as I'm sure many will agree. Now, I have gathered quite a bit of information regarding specs and such. So far I have gathered the following: An i5 core processor is good but an i3 is sufficient

(clarification?), at least 4GB of Random Access Memory (clarification?), an m series processor is better than a u series (clarification?), a dedicated graphics card is better than an integrated graphics card but only for 3d matches, and that's about it. So, that's what I have been looking for. Obviously, like many others, I'm on a budget (€400 range), which makes this very challenging. The reason why I'm posting at this moment is because I belive I have stumbled across a laptop that is well within my budget. I just want to know from the experts on here, if it's good or not. Here is the specs: Screen size - 15.6 in

Processor - Intel Core i3 3110M - 2.4 GHz

RAM - 4 GB

**** - We have great deals on memory upgrades, if you need more Ram please call our sales team on 0871 971 0005

Hard Drive - 500 GB

Operating System - Windows 8.1 (64-Bit)

Optical Drive - DVD Super Multi

Warranty - 1 year warranty

Well guys? Could you tell me if this is good? And if so, what exactly makes this a good choice? Or if it's bad, and if so, what exactly makes it's bad.

Thank you so much for reading my lengthy post, I would greatly appreciate any responses.

This computer should be fine, the processor and RAM are above the minimum requirements. It's not great but that depends on what you use it for, how long you plan to keep it and whether it is a good upgrade from your current machine. Sometimes having a bit of patience and missing this year's edition together with saving some extra money might mean that you get a better overall experience over the next few editions.

This computer should be fine, the processor and RAM are above the minimum requirements. It's not great but that depends on what you use it for, how long you plan to keep it and whether it is a good upgrade from your current machine. Sometimes having a bit of patience and missing this year's edition together with saving some extra money might mean that you get a better overall experience over the next few editions.

Thanks for the reply, MSCCG. I just realised that laptop would have to be shipped over from England, and it carries a hefty delivery fee, i'm not comfortable ordering it from there either when I could get someting in Ireland. I just came across another one. Here are the specs:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i3

Windows 8

15.6 inch LED HD Display

6Gb Memory

1TB Hard Drive

Integrated Bluetooth® and high-speed 802.11b/g/n

Wi-Fi connectivity

Integrated DVD reader/writer

USB2.0, USB 3.0 connectors and 2-in-1 card-reader

Integrated 720p HD webcam.

HDMI output

This is a Lenovo laptop. My only concern is that it doesn't mention whether the processor is an m series or u series. I have checked the lenovo website and this Lenovo G500 comes with several different processors:

3rd generation Intel® Core™ i7-3632

3rd generation Intel® Core™ i7-3612

3rd generation Intel® Core™ i7-3520

3rd generation Intel® Core™ i5-3230M

3rd generation Intel® Core™ i3-3120M

3rd generation Intel® Core™ i3-3130M

Intel® Pentium 2030M

Intel® Pentium 2020M

Intel® Pentium 1005M

3rd generation Intel® Core™ i3-2340

3rd generation Intel® Core™ i3-3110

Intel® Pentium 1000M

Intel® Pentium B980

Intel® Pentium B960

Intel® Celeron® Processor 1005M

I noticed:

These are the i3 processors. Are the bottom two u series? I suppose its worth asking if there is much difference playing wise between the u and m series?

Sorry for the overwhelming amount of information, thanks for the help.

p.s here is a link to the laptop: http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/lenovo-g500-intelreg-coretrade-i3-processor-6gb-ram-1tb-hard-drive-wi-fi-156-inch-laptop-black/1354381268.prd

So, time to buy a new laptop ;)

I am looking to buy a new laptop and I found this one http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/z-series/z710/?sb=:000001C9:0001047A: . Lenovo z710. It has quite a good discount now, so is it worth a price or there are better laptops for a similar price? The only drawback I think is 5400 RPM HDD, which could slow everything down. Am I right?

Specs:

Processor:4th Generation Intel Core i7-4700MQ Processor (2.40GHz 1600MHz 6MB)

Operating System:Windows 8.1 64

Graphics:Intel® HD Graphics 4600, NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 745M 2GB

Memory:8.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3L SDRAM 1600 MHz

Display:17.3" FHD LED Glossy Wedge with integrated camera (1920x1080)

Hard Drive:1TB 5400 RPM

Has anyone run FMC with 3 nations selected on a surface pro 3? How does it run?Specs wise it should be fine, but there's some serious throttling in order to keep the thermals down.

Edit: the i5 version with 8GB of RAM preferably, but any version will do as a basic prediction of performance.

Thanks for the reply, MSCCG. I just realised that laptop would have to be shipped over from England, and it carries a hefty delivery fee, i'm not comfortable ordering it from there either when I could get someting in Ireland. I just came across another one. Here are the specs:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i3

Windows 8

15.6 inch LED HD Display

6Gb Memory

1TB Hard Drive

Integrated Bluetooth® and high-speed 802.11b/g/n

Wi-Fi connectivity

Integrated DVD reader/writer

USB2.0, USB 3.0 connectors and 2-in-1 card-reader

Integrated 720p HD webcam.

HDMI output

This is a Lenovo laptop. My only concern is that it doesn't mention whether the processor is an m series or u series. I have checked the lenovo website and this Lenovo G500 comes with several different processors:

3rd generation Intel® Core™ i7-3632

3rd generation Intel® Core™ i7-3612

3rd generation Intel® Core™ i7-3520

3rd generation Intel® Core™ i5-3230M

Intel® Pentium 2030M

Intel® Pentium 2020M

Intel® Pentium 1005M

Intel® Pentium 1000M

Intel® Pentium B980

Intel® Pentium B960

Intel® Celeron® Processor 1005M

I noticed:

These are the i3 processors. Are the bottom two u series? I suppose its worth asking if there is much difference playing wise between the u and m series?

Sorry for the overwhelming amount of information, thanks for the help.

p.s here is a link to the laptop: http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/lenovo-g500-intelreg-coretrade-i3-processor-6gb-ram-1tb-hard-drive-wi-fi-156-inch-laptop-black/1354381268.prd

Looks like that one might be a Intel Core™ i3-3110M. Should be fine, price is decent. Difference between M and U processors are that M processors run at a higher clock speed and lower power, so they're a little bit faster but the batteries don't last for as long.

So, time to buy a new laptop ;)

I am looking to buy a new laptop and I found this one http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/z-series/z710/?sb=:000001C9:0001047A: . Lenovo z710. It has quite a good discount now, so is it worth a price or there are better laptops for a similar price? The only drawback I think is 5400 RPM HDD, which could slow everything down. Am I right?

Specs:

Processor:4th Generation Intel Core i7-4700MQ Processor (2.40GHz 1600MHz 6MB)

Operating System:Windows 8.1 64

Graphics:Intel® HD Graphics 4600, NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 745M 2GB

Memory:8.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3L SDRAM 1600 MHz

Display:17.3" FHD LED Glossy Wedge with integrated camera (1920x1080)

Hard Drive:1TB 5400 RPM

It's not a bad price. If you find that the slow hard drive puts a bottleneck on the machine you could always replace it. In terms of FM it shouldn't make a big difference because you probably won't need to use the hard drive very much except for when you save the game.

Has anyone run FMC with 3 nations selected on a surface pro 3? How does it run?Specs wise it should be fine, but there's some serious throttling in order to keep the thermals down.

Edit: the i5 version with 8GB of RAM preferably, but any version will do as a basic prediction of performance.

You could always try playing the FM classic mode when you're not plugged in. I'd be more concerned about touch versus mouse controls though.

If you had to choose one of these two which one would you buy?

1-ASUS - X200CA-CT112H

Intel Celeron 1007M DualCore 1,5GHz, 2MB Cache

4GB DDR3 1333MHz

500GB SATA 5400RPM

Intel HD Graphics 32MB

2-ASUS - F200MA-CT067H White

Intel Celeron N2815 DualCore 1,86 GHz, 1MB Cache

4GB DDR3 1333MHz

500BG SATA 5400RPM

Intel HD Graphics

They cost the same. The "why not a tablet" option is not available. Neither is the "they both suck" option.

Looks like that one might be a Intel Core™ i3-3110M. Should be fine, price is decent. Difference between M and U processors are that M processors run at a higher clock speed and lower power, so they're a little bit faster but the batteries don't last for as long.

I ordered the laptop. It comes this Friday. I'll let you know how I get on when I get it. Thanks very much for the help, greatly appreciated.

If you had to choose one of these two which one would you buy?

1-ASUS - X200CA-CT112H

Intel Celeron 1007M DualCore 1,5GHz, 2MB Cache

4GB DDR3 1333MHz

500GB SATA 5400RPM

Intel HD Graphics 32MB

2-ASUS - F200MA-CT067H White

Intel Celeron N2815 DualCore 1,86 GHz, 1MB Cache

4GB DDR3 1333MHz

500BG SATA 5400RPM

Intel HD Graphics

They cost the same. The "why not a tablet" option is not available. Neither is the "they both suck" option.

Depends what you're using it for. Second one will run a little faster if I'm not mistaken. Both look pretty much the same to me. Eeni meeni myyni mo...

Hi All

Great thread really helpful. Im not a n00b when it comes to computers but its always good to get others advice and help. I have a cracking desktop, high end specs etc but its connected to a 32" tv and does my eyes in playing FM. So i have an i3 dell laptop but with a U processor. I want to upgrade, £500 maximum. I dont care for playing any others games on it and im 2d highlights fan not 3d. Id like something that is quickest at processing matches and can load a large amount of leagues or players. Decent sized hard drive, Ssd might beasking too much i know.

Any suggestions welcome please, even 2nd hand lol

Hi All

Great thread really helpful. Im not a n00b when it comes to computers but its always good to get others advice and help. I have a cracking desktop, high end specs etc but its connected to a 32" tv and does my eyes in playing FM. So i have an i3 dell laptop but with a U processor. I want to upgrade, £500 maximum. I dont care for playing any others games on it and im 2d highlights fan not 3d. Id like something that is quickest at processing matches and can load a large amount of leagues or players. Decent sized hard drive, Ssd might beasking too much i know.

Any suggestions welcome please, even 2nd hand lol

I know I keep linking this one, but I'm so happy with this one http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/F4W08EAABU-HP-Pavilion-15-n038sa_1553921.html

I got it a little cheaper, PC world wanted £90 more than what I got it for...

Archived