Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
JordanBlackpoolFC

New Laptop/PC- Help Needed

Recommended Posts

On ‎03‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 12:01, Smurf said:

Hi Smurf

I was going for the top one. That you kindly recommended to me but it's out of stock everywhere I've

looked and doesn't give a date when it will be back in stock.

I've been looking at the other one, not to sure because it doesn't have a discdrive

Can you please tell me if the other one would be ok or should I wait for other one to come back into stock

or do you have any others in mind?

Cheers Mate

https://www.box.co.uk/1GP04EAABU-HP-OMEN-17-w206na_2076999.html

https://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/9S7-1799E5-1414-MSI-GL72M-7REX-1414UK_2263497.html

Hi Smurf

Just to let you know I bought the MSI laptop.

Have had it about two weeks now and I'm very happy with it.

Thanks for all your help and guys listen to this guy he know his stuff.

Thanks again Smurf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thnigelfc said:

Hi Smurf

Just to let you know I bought the MSI laptop.

Have had it about two weeks now and I'm very happy with it.

Thanks for all your help and guys listen to this guy he know his stuff.

Thanks again Smurf.

Cool thanks for letting me know it's working well.

 

There's a benchmark thread out there somewhere if you want to give it a go and post your results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys I'm looking at getting a new tablet but have also been looking towards a 2-in-1 laptop if possible to play regular fm, I have around £700 to spend and wondering if anyone has any good recommendations for a decent 2-in-1 laptop or should i just go for a tablet and settle with fm touch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it's 2nd hand and definitely that laptop then yeh it's good.

Ask him to send you the DX DIAG - you can look that up it's easy to do - it's just a text file with all the info.

Why a 14 inch screen though?

You could get this brand new 17 inch https://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/9S7-17C312-007-MSI-GE73-7RD(Raider)-007UK_2166673.html

Or this 15 inch https://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/GL503VM-FY022T-ASUS-ROG-Strix-GL503VM-FY022T_2200468.html

 

What's important for you in a laptop? Screen size? Portability? Desktop replacement? Anything else besides FM that you play? Any other software you may run?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ally318 said:

Hi Smurf,

I have been offered this laptop from a friend for a knock down price (£1100), would it be suited to FM? I'm guessing yes but thought id check with you.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/razer-blade-14-gaming-laptop-black-10174617-pdt.html

Many thanks

My laptop cost me £675 (10% off) from very. Standard warranty and beasts fm. If you’re going to spend heavy, make sure you get the RIGHT deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in the market for a new laptop and would like it to run FM well. My budget is about £500-£600.

Anyone point me in the right direction? Or the best websites to use?

Cheers,

GPav

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GPavlovic said:

I'm in the market for a new laptop and would like it to run FM well. My budget is about £500-£600.

Anyone point me in the right direction? Or the best websites to use?

Cheers,

GPav

https://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/9S7-16JD21-068-MSI-Prestige-PL62-7RC-068UK-in-Sliver_2197296.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Andrew_Goats_Gruff said:

My laptop cost me £675 (10% off) from very. Standard warranty and beasts fm. If you’re going to spend heavy, make sure you get the RIGHT deal.

"Beasts FM" - how exactly? What specs is your machine? Have you a link? 

How many leagues do you run? How many divisions? Database size? How many seasons do you play; 5 and start over, 10 and start over, or perhaps a 100 year save?

What's good for the goose isn't necessarily good for the gander!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Smurf said:

"Beasts FM" - how exactly? What specs is your machine? Have you a link? 

How many leagues do you run? How many divisions? Database size? How many seasons do you play; 5 and start over, 10 and start over, or perhaps a 100 year save?

What's good for the goose isn't necessarily good for the gander!

i5 2.5 quad ~ 3.5

8gb ram

4gb nvidia

 

Not played a season yet, lol. But that or spend an extra £100, £200+ to do slightly better or add more leagues makes no sense to me.

 

40,000 database is 3.5 stars for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Andrew_Goats_Gruff said:

i5 2.5 quad ~ 3.5

8gb ram

4gb nvidia

 

Not played a season yet, lol. But that or spend an extra £100, £200+ to do slightly better or add more leagues makes no sense to me.

 

40,000 database is 3.5 stars for me

What model processor though? What model graphics card?

You might be thankful to pay an extra 100 or 200 quid if you are into playing 100 seasons with larger databases and more leagues/divisions.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, GPavlovic said:

I knew that's the one you would recommend. Is that the best on the market for my budget then would you say?

For an extra 50

https://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/ZX553VD-DM968T-ASUS-Gaming-ZX553VD-DM968T_2145526.html

For an extra 100

https://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/ZX553VD-DM969T-ASUS-Gaming-ZX553VD-DM969T_2145527.html

Edited by Smurf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Smurf said:

What model processor though? What model graphics card?

You might be thankful to pay an extra 100 or 200 quid if you are into playing 100 seasons with larger databases and more leagues/divisions.

 

7300hq processor, also database size 3.5 stars doesn’t take in account the turbo boost.

 

gtx 1050 nvidia 4gb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Andrew_Goats_Gruff said:

7300hq processor, also database size 3.5 stars doesn’t take in account the turbo boost.

 

gtx 1050 nvidia 4gb

That would be a fine one alright for sure - where did you get it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Smurf said:

Thanks Smurf, very much appreciated. I'm pretty much pushing my budget with the MSI laptop at £580 tbh, so that's more than likely the one I'll go for.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Andrew_Goats_Gruff said:

It’s on very mateA3F4005A-6084-4F92-8553-6AAA4B1842F5.thumb.png.07746dcbfa2c253c89c18e65c7916f42.png

Nothing special about that - it's about average. There's better processors available for the same price elsewhere.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Smurf said:

Nothing special about that - it's about average. There's better processors available for the same price elsewhere.

 

Whatever suits peoples finances, this ones £12 a week for me now after payin a bit up top

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course - everyone has a budget :) and whatever suits people, pay up front or on finance. 

I'd prefer a credit union loan over a bank loan - and a bank loan over financing. 

But whatever people find easiest!

Edited by Smurf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course paying up front is probably the best option for me :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2018 at 15:10, HemHat said:

I got one of these recently and it's been perfect 

 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenovo-IdeaPad-510-80SR008RUK-Resolution/dp/B01MRBVOYS

 

I don't play with massive leagues or anything like that - just UK down to conference north/south and top 4 European leagues medium database etc and it's quick and I can still do internet etc at the same time

Looks decent, will consider it, was looking at these 2 (not buying from this site just using as reference)

https://www3.lenovo.com/gb/en/laptops/yoga/500-series/Yoga-520-14/p/80X800V9UK

https://www3.lenovo.com/gb/en/laptops/yoga/700-series/Yoga-720-12/p/81B50047UK

If there isn't a decent one that can handle it I'm fine with getting a tablet and use fmtouch, will mostly be used for entertainment and some uni work so don't really plan on having a top range laptop, I'm willing to just play on 2D with a couple nations used

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cecil said:

Looks decent, will consider it, was looking at these 2 (not buying from this site just using as reference)

https://www3.lenovo.com/gb/en/laptops/yoga/500-series/Yoga-520-14/p/80X800V9UK

https://www3.lenovo.com/gb/en/laptops/yoga/700-series/Yoga-720-12/p/81B50047UK

If there isn't a decent one that can handle it I'm fine with getting a tablet and use fmtouch, will mostly be used for entertainment and some uni work so don't really plan on having a top range laptop, I'm willing to just play on 2D with a couple nations used

You may want to consider this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dell-Inspiron-13-3-inch-Convertible-Touchscreen/dp/B078Q6N681/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1521789799&sr=1-1&keywords=convertible+8th+gen

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi.

Looking for some help. Have £800 max to spend. Would like a laptop that will run FM well but also looking to play the odd strategy type game. Otherwise its for browsing and basic work.

Any suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@From Perth to Paisley 

It depends on what strategy game you play - you should check the min specs or their specific gaming forum to find out if it will be ok for what's needed. 

This would be good for all round gaming 

https://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/FX503VM-DM102T-ASUS-FX503VM-DM102T-Gaming-Laptop_2267825.html

Followed by this

https://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/30022555-Medion-Erazer-X6603_2140741.html

 

Or to keep in your budget

https://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/9S7-1799E5-1414-MSI-GL72M-7REX-1414UK_2263497.html

 

Edited by Smurf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Defo the first one, however, I think I posted something the same specs and cheaper a few posts backback

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Smurf said:

Defo the first one, however, I think I posted something the same specs and cheaper a few posts backback

Thank you 👍

I'll have a look,  think with shipping to Ireland that was the best I could find.

Thanks again for the advice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok guys looking for a new desktop budget £400-600 but would like one (if possible) to running a decent stack of leagues 

 

any suggestions 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2018 at 12:25, Smurf said:

Nothing special about that - it's about average. There's better processors available for the same price elsewhere.

 

I was going to say, until two days ago, it was available direct from Dell for £590. Though they took money from my account, said it was out for delivery, then reneged without telling me due to "suspected fraud" (wrongly!) on my account. By the time that was sorted it had ran out of stock.

Two hours of brutal complaining phonecalls later, and now they're sending me a i7-7700hq/16gb ram/Geforce GTX 1060-6gb/1tb-hdd+256gb-ssd for the same price... I may have won at the internet there....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both seem to be overpriced but I suppose that is the consequence of buying from a catalogue.

Of the two options & in the absence of any FM benchmark testing to show otherwise the one that is clearly better for FM is the Hap Omen due to it having the 7700HQ cpu while the Meridon has the less FM optimatal 8550U.

Fo you need to order from Littlewoods due to payment options?

What would your budget be for a paid in full purchase?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barside said:

Both seem to be overpriced but I suppose that is the consequence of buying from a catalogue.

Of the two options & in the absence of any FM benchmark testing to show otherwise the one that is clearly better for FM is the Hap Omen due to it having the 7700HQ cpu while the Meridon has the less FM optimatal 8550U.

Fo you need to order from Littlewoods due to payment options?

What would your budget be for a paid in full purchase?

 

The only reason i looked at this is you get 20% back due to a Buy now pay 12 months off making the Omen £879.

I was looking to pay a lump off (around £400) from this and paying the rest over the 12 months

I've been looking for a while now as my old RF711 is on its last legs!!

If i was to buy outright and from a different website my budget is around £800 but with the Omen coming in at the price above and having 12 months to pay it back it just looked an interesting option.

Thanks for the reply

Toffee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

£879 is a much better price & with the added convenience of spreading the cost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barside said:

£879 is a much better price & with the added convenience of spreading the cost.

Thanks mate,

I will order this. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys, been lurking this thread for the past year. Been waiting to make the dip into a new laptop. I think I will get this one...

Is there any better deal than this at the moment?

https://www.box.co.uk/ZX553VD-DM969T-ASUS-Gaming-ZX553VD-DM969T_2145527.html

Is it worth paying the extra £70 for the 128gb SSD or would it be cheaper to buy one and fit it myself? (And is this easy to do?)

Thanks for your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To ensure that that there is no invalidation of any warranties it’s worth spending the extra to have the SDD installed before dispatch.

@toffeeeee If you have the disposable cash & are happy with the smaller size the model @carl000 has linked is a good alternative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys, 

My laptops just died after 4 years or so. Looking at a budget between £600-£1000 for the new one. Would just be for fm, total war and light work tasks. Seen lots of good options on here at 15.6inch or above but would like to get something a bit more portable if possible. Are there any decent options at 14inch in that price range? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first question is actually how/why did your laptop die after such a short time? My second is what make/model was it?

Reason for these seemingly unrelated questions is that there might me something in you use profile that increase the risk of killing a laptop & that needs to be considered in any recommendation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dyc500 said:

Hi guys, 

My laptops just died after 4 years or so. Looking at a budget between £600-£1000 for the new one. Would just be for fm, total war and light work tasks. Seen lots of good options on here at 15.6inch or above but would like to get something a bit more portable if possible. Are there any decent options at 14inch in that price range? 

15 inch

https://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/NH.Q24EK.007-Acer-Aspire-VN7-593G-72G9_2101613.html

Quite heavy - and 6-7 hours charge when not plugged in

17 inch

https://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/9S7-1799E5-1225-MSI-GL72M-7REX-1225UK_2206597.html

Quite heavy - 2-3 hours charge when not plugged in.

 

Have a look through the specs and any queries?

 

Not much to go on - your computer died, unsure how. Not sure what type of screensize you want, portablity, desktop replacement, or anything else? 

How many leagues do you run, divisions, database size, 5 seasons start over, 10 seasons start over, or a long career game up to 100 years?

 

Anyway -the two recommended are within your budget and quite good. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably worth downgrading those unplugged single charge numbers, unless the user restricts the performance to a level that makes FM intolerably my own experience is to knock 2/3 to 3/4 off the published figures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the quick response, I'll try to be  a bit clearer. 

Regarding my current laptop. Based on what I was told when it went in for repair the motherboard was damaged by overheating given the amount of dust that had accumulated. Was a lenovo z-50 which cost just over £500 at the time and ran this years fm fine.

It was annoyingly large and heavy hence why I'm looking for something smaller and more portable that I can take to friends and keep with me when travelling for work. I've been using a 14inch screen for my work laptop and it seems like an ideal size for my personal laptop. 

I play games for around 5 seasons and start over but would prefer to use the 3d match engine to as high a quality as possible within that price range,  with a large database and the highest tier league for around 10 nations. At least that's what I was running previously. 

From what I've seen so far for that price I think I'll need to compromise somewhere. The razer blade seems ideal but I can't justify the cost for what I'm going to use it for. So to summarise I'm asking if there are any decent options between £600-£1000 with a 14 inch screen out there. 

If there aren't I'll go for a bigger laptop but one that is preferably lightweight. I travel alot for work and with all the other stuff I carry would prefer not to be weighed down by the laptop too much as well. 

Hope that's everything you need. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello I need help. I am going abroad longterm for work and I am searching for laptop to keep playing my "drug" Football manager 18 (and some future series). It will be my only game and some standard things like watching YouTube, movies and live streams. I would like to have cheaper one (not cheap and ****).  My budget is to £500. I found this one and I would like your opinion on it.  Cheers

Edit;

www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/2EW12ESABU-Ex-Display---HP 250 G5_2255291.html

Edited by Tyrinko
Wrong url placed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking of a new desktop. The most graphic intensive programmes that I use are Photoshop and FM18. I don't play any other games. Would a gaming graphics card be of benefit or are such cards only of benefit for games with more more realistic graphics than we see in the ME?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aside from the above, anyone found any good Easter weekend deals for PCs/Laptops? Looking to get something (either) with a budget of around £600, ideally with SSD and enough cooling power to not overheat when playing FM :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking to buy a 2nd hand laptop.  Seen a I5 4300 2.9gh. It's one of them hp  MacBook or something like that.  Will it be ok for th with a few leagues.  There about 150- 200 pound.  Skint atm and need something cheap for my fm fix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...