Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
JordanBlackpoolFC

New Laptop/PC- Help Needed

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, rooneymagic88 said:

Cheers @Smurf that’s what I’ll do.

And of course - if you're not happy you  have rights as a consumer to return your product. Also, you have a warranty if anything is faulty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, weelegs said:

Hi

Planning on buying FM18 and I need a new laptop... the budget isn't great (£300) so I can't go all out.

I'd be playing 3 leagues and a small database and 3D match graphics don't matter.

Seen this on Tesco so just wondering if you think it would do the job?

https://www.tesco.com/direct/acer-aspire-a315-21-3-156-amd-a4-8gb-ram-1tb-hdd-laptop-black/173-2658.prd?skuId=173-2658

Hi @weelegsI’m not sure you will find a laptop around £300 that will run FM18, even with few leagues and playing 2D. I paid £300 for a laptop, admittedly 18-24 months ago. It can run FM17 quite well although the 3D is a little jerky. However FM18 is near impossible to run. It is very slow (even with just the English leagues and a small database loaded), crashes frequently and struggles with 2D. I think it struggles with 2D because the game still does the match preview with the lineups and the players warming up before going into 2D. Mine regularly crashes at or just before this point as the laptop struggles with the graphics. Based on my experiences the difference between FM17 and FM18 (and the computing power to run both) is big.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Smurf said:

Unless you want something like this

 

You can check PC Specilaist forum for a refined answer on weight, portablity, battery life etc. I wouldn't know. 

Chassis & Display
Defiance Series: 14" Matte Full HD IPS LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 Quad Core Processor 7700HQ (2.8GHz, 3.8GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)
8GB Corsair 2133MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti - 4.0GB GDDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
M.2 SSD Drive
256GB WD Black™ M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 2050MB/s R | 700MB/s W)
Thermal Paste
EK-TIM ECTOTHERM THERMAL COMPOUND
Battery
Defiance Series 3 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (45WH)

Price £998.00 including VAT and delivery

Unique URL to re-configure : https://www.pcspecialist.co.uk/saved-configurations/defianceiii-14/JHpgCtPt3x/

That does look like a good laptop, however a bit out of my price range since I’d only be using it for one thing - FM during comutes. I was hoping to spend no more than £600 really, so I went on PC World and put in my requirements for the weight and battery life and those were the best three under £600. 

The perfect scenario would be that either of those will run FM okay, I can nip into my local PC World today and buy one, then use it next weekend on the plane to Tenerife! ;)

EDIT: Thanks for your help so far, appreciate it. 

Edited by Locko27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers Smurf. Removed bloatware and its still pretty sluggish. Also continuing to download at a preposterously slow pace despite other tablets/iPads downloading on the same network considerably quicker. I’ve reset windows and it’s not made a difference laptop sluggish to load and to load internet/show letters when typing.

 

will send back.  And ask for a refund, should I state why or just say I’ve changed my mind?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See if you can update the drivers - especially with the wifi 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Locko27 said:

That does look like a good laptop, however a bit out of my price range since I’d only be using it for one thing - FM during comutes. I was hoping to spend no more than £600 really, so I went on PC World and put in my requirements for the weight and battery life and those were the best three under £600. 

The perfect scenario would be that either of those will run FM okay, I can nip into my local PC World today and buy one, then use it next weekend on the plane to Tenerife! ;)

EDIT: Thanks for your help so far, appreciate it. 

Well if 600 is your budget I can't see anything else.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Smurf said:

Well if 600 is your budget I can't see anything else.

 

My current laptop was £650 and ran FM fine when I first got it, is only slowing down now because it’s getting old. I will let everyone know how I get on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/11/2017 at 21:52, Locko27 said:

I have had my current laptop for 4-5 years now and it's slowing down, I need a new laptop souly for Football Manager and it absolutely HAS to be lightweight and have good battery as I'm regularly on long train journeys and sometimes on a plane so it'll be in my hand luggage. I'm not looking to spend too much as it will literally just be for FM, maybe sometimes play movies off an external hard drive (so I'm not clogging the laptop up with unneeded files). I've found the following on PC world, I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on them?

(Disclaimer: I rarely end up in a long FM save, so these 30+ year saves I keep seeing most likely wont be a thing. 10 years tops - probably even 5 haha)

https://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-14-bp062sa-14-laptop-jet-black-10165442-pdt.html

https://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/lenovo-ideapad-320s-14ikb-14-laptop-mineral-grey-10164228-pdt.html

https://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-pavilion-14-bk064sa-14-laptop-silk-gold-10164304-pdt.html

Of the 3 only the Lenovo has a 1080p screen, you will find the 768p display on the others difficult to play with.  At your price & requirements the only choices are U processors or AMD A series (avoid these btw).  Bearing that in mind I tweaked my current laptop to 2c4t, 15W and 2.5Ghz (3.1GHz Turbo) and FM was still quite playable, processing at the end of transfer windows gets a little long-winded but that was the only noticeable drop off in performance.  Saying that it might not fair too well with future FM's.

This one is a hair over £600 but will be a better performer (2.7-3.5GHz vs 2.5-3.1GHz), weighs 1.86KG and has up to 12hr battery life.  https://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/1WY37EAABU-HP-250-G6_2157928.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the moment it doesn't matter as FM appears to use about 10% of the processing power of your comp regardless right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pablito15 said:

At the moment it doesn't matter as FM appears to use about 10% of the processing power of your comp regardless right?

The processor is made up of cores - and how many threads (instructions it can process).

The game will create as many threads for playing matches and for shortlisting as you have cores. For instance, if you have 8 cores, and it can hyperthread (effectively giving 16 cores) then it will use 16 threads.

If you have 4 cores and it hyperthreads (then effectively you have 8 cores) then it will create 8 threads for matches. 

2 cores - with hyperthreading - creates 4 cores - and this is how many threads are created by FM to process matches and shortlistings. 

 

The performance varies per setup - how much percentage of the core etc. For example, with matches - a Quick Matches, which would  be leauges that are loaded but not managed, it's extremely quick so having more cores doesn't matter. 

 

If you have the detail level set to more things for a full match, you will see better gains for more cores, and the more detail you have loaded, the slower it is - and of course, it would be faster by just having the league loaded but at a low detail level. 

 

With shortlisting, the more leagues and players you have loaded the more benefit you can see with more cores. However, there is a general slowdown from having more stuff loading - as the game is still largely single threaded. 

 

There's varying reasons what a processor requires to go from day to day - depending on each individual setup. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DeathReborn said:

Of the 3 only the Lenovo has a 1080p screen, you will find the 768p display on the others difficult to play with.  At your price & requirements the only choices are U processors or AMD A series (avoid these btw).  Bearing that in mind I tweaked my current laptop to 2c4t, 15W and 2.5Ghz (3.1GHz Turbo) and FM was still quite playable, processing at the end of transfer windows gets a little long-winded but that was the only noticeable drop off in performance.  Saying that it might not fair too well with future FM's.

This one is a hair over £600 but will be a better performer (2.7-3.5GHz vs 2.5-3.1GHz), weighs 1.86KG and has up to 12hr battery life.  https://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/1WY37EAABU-HP-250-G6_2157928.html

Ahhh I literally got the laptop last night, now I wish I held off and waited! That laptop you’ve linked looks so much better - and has the 15.6” screen!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi smurf.

My laptop that is now 6 years old is struggling with fm18 this year. What would you recommend for a £800ish budget? Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/asus-fx553vd-core-i5-7300hq-8gb-1tb-128gb-ssd-geforce-gtx-1050-4gb-dvd-rw-fx553vd-fy173t/version.asp

 

I like the look of this one, are laptops from this site known for being as advertised? Refurbished always worries me, especially when I see nothing about a guarantee like the John Lewis Omen one someone posted. https://m.johnlewis.com/hp-omen-15-ce004na-laptop-intel-core-i5-8gb-ram-1tb-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1050-15-6-inch-shadow-black/p3265124

 

I'm thinking neither would have any issue running FM? Someone mentioned the Omen had something negative in terms of FM I don't understand these things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DeathReborn said:

Of the 3 only the Lenovo has a 1080p screen, you will find the 768p display on the others difficult to play with.  At your price & requirements the only choices are U processors or AMD A series (avoid these btw).  Bearing that in mind I tweaked my current laptop to 2c4t, 15W and 2.5Ghz (3.1GHz Turbo) and FM was still quite playable, processing at the end of transfer windows gets a little long-winded but that was the only noticeable drop off in performance.  Saying that it might not fair too well with future FM's.

This one is a hair over £600 but will be a better performer (2.7-3.5GHz vs 2.5-3.1GHz), weighs 1.86KG and has up to 12hr battery life.  https://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/1WY37EAABU-HP-250-G6_2157928.html

I'm thinking I'll take this HP one back, and then buy the one you linked. I couldn't live with myself knowing i couldve got an i7 instead of an i5 and double the SSD...

Side note: My laptop is always really loud - sounds like a turbo jet is taking off, always has since new. Is there anything I can do to prevent it if my new one is the same? I don't want people on the train/plane looking at me annoyed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Locko27 said:

I'm thinking I'll take this HP one back, and then buy the one you linked. I couldn't live with myself knowing i couldve got an i7 instead of an i5 and double the SSD...

Side note: My laptop is always really loud - sounds like a turbo jet is taking off, always has since new. Is there anything I can do to prevent it if my new one is the same? I don't want people on the train/plane looking at me annoyed.

Ensure the air vents are clear and if it has some underneath a few bits of blutack underneath to raise it up a few mm can help.  Running the laptop in a reduced power mode can reduce temperature and with it noise but you should balance performance with noise/battery life to best suit your needs.  Failing that, wear headphones & sunglasses and don't give a hoot.

You'd think a laptop site would be cheaper than a server site within the same group... alas not the case here.

£525 256GB SSD https://www.serversdirect.co.uk/p/1213330/hp-250-g6-core-i7-7500u-8gb-256gb-ssd-dvd-rw-15.6-inch-windows-10-professional-laptop
£440 1TB HDD https://www.serversdirect.co.uk/p/1220267/hp-250-g5-core-i7-7500u-8gb-1tb-15.6-inch-full-hd-windows-10-laptop

Edited by DeathReborn
Additional Info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately laptops vary significantly when it comes to cooling. My old laptop (a five year old XPS 17) was absolutely hopeless when it came to the fan and it was really annoying if I used anything other than Chrome/Office/etc. Some laptops allow you to change the fan curve (i.e. the speed of the fans relative to the temperature of the CPU) but this can be risky because the CPU will run hotter which can limit its longevity and, at the extreme, damage it.

A relatively harmless solution is to undervolt the CPU using ThrottleStop. This reduces the voltage going through the CPU which in turn reduces the temperature (without any performance issues) and this in turn can reduce how much and how often the fans need to run. Manufacturers veer on the side of caution when setting the voltage running through the CPU because each chip varies as to the amount of voltage it needs. So you can usually get away with undervolting a little - but it varies by chip and by laptop. The only risky element is that undervolting a CPU too far will result in instability and crashes (and you might not discover this until several months afterwards). Unless you're up for lots of trial and error and stress testing, the easiest thing to do is to Google whether anyone else has undervolted the same model laptop and what values they used. This is what I did with my Dell and it now runs around 5-10 degrees cooler when running certain resource hungry applications. It's certainly not for people who are uncomfortable tweaking their system, but it is probably the most viable solution if you're looking to get your fans down a bit (assuming that undervolting can reduce the temperature of your CPU far enough in order to reduce the fans).

Some more info here: https://www.notebookcheck.net/How-to-Lower-Temperatures-Stop-Throttling-and-Increase-Battery-Life-The-ThrottleStop-Guide-2017.213140.0.html

EDIT: Just to add that NotebookCheck is a really useful resource for finding out how noisy a laptop is (they measure the fans of each laptop they review): https://www.notebookcheck.net

Edited by Archibalduk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The work @Smurf and others do on here is incredible, and I for one thank you for the time and effort you put in helping the rest of us. I’ve read through the most recent pages as I’m after a good laptop. I’ve played FM on my iPad for the last 2 years but want to go back to the full version. 

Budget - £700 (at a push £750)

Requirements - must be from a high street retailer (either in store or on their website) so that should anything go wrong, I can take it back to the local store. Some will think I’m strange for this, as it means paying a little more than some of the specialist online sites like Ebuyer and Saveonlaptops but I want it this way for peace of mind.

Specs - simply the best possible for my money. I’ve been looking at Smurfs suggestions on avoiding U processors. Amazing just how many gaming laptops have them (Medion seem bad for this). Would like an SSD for faster boot times but this isn’t essential.

The two I have seen so far that look good to my untrained eye are below. Hoping you can help advise on whether these are any good, or if there’s better options you have seen from high street retailers.

https://www.tesco.com/direct/acer-nitro-5-15-inch-windows-10-i5-gaming-laptop-nvidia-gtx-1050-8gb-ram-1tb-128gb-ssd-black/305-6115.prd?source=awin&awc=7090_1511112269_3d867a799f439a9ab3b875259a83a2b9&sc_cmp=aff*awin*gmo*TechRadar_103504&utm_medium=gmo&utm_source=affiliate_window&utm_campaign=aff*TechRadar_103504&dclid=CNedv_CTy9cCFY4WGwodNKYD9w

 

https://www.tesco.com/direct/lenovo-ideapad-710-156-intel-core-i7-geforce-gtx-950m-12gb-ram-1000gb-windows-10-gaming-laptop-black/554-4584.prd?skuId=554-4584

 

thanks in advance for your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, BuryBlade said:

The work @Smurf and others do on here is incredible, and I for one thank you for the time and effort you put in helping the rest of us. I’ve read through the most recent pages as I’m after a good laptop. I’ve played FM on my iPad for the last 2 years but want to go back to the full version. 

Budget - £700 (at a push £750)

Requirements - must be from a high street retailer (either in store or on their website) so that should anything go wrong, I can take it back to the local store. Some will think I’m strange for this, as it means paying a little more than some of the specialist online sites like Ebuyer and Saveonlaptops but I want it this way for peace of mind.

Specs - simply the best possible for my money. I’ve been looking at Smurfs suggestions on avoiding U processors. Amazing just how many gaming laptops have them (Medion seem bad for this). Would like an SSD for faster boot times but this isn’t essential.

The two I have seen so far that look good to my untrained eye are below. Hoping you can help advise on whether these are any good, or if there’s better options you have seen from high street retailers.

https://www.tesco.com/direct/acer-nitro-5-15-inch-windows-10-i5-gaming-laptop-nvidia-gtx-1050-8gb-ram-1tb-128gb-ssd-black/305-6115.prd?source=awin&awc=7090_1511112269_3d867a799f439a9ab3b875259a83a2b9&sc_cmp=aff*awin*gmo*TechRadar_103504&utm_medium=gmo&utm_source=affiliate_window&utm_campaign=aff*TechRadar_103504&dclid=CNedv_CTy9cCFY4WGwodNKYD9w

 

https://www.tesco.com/direct/lenovo-ideapad-710-156-intel-core-i7-geforce-gtx-950m-12gb-ram-1000gb-windows-10-gaming-laptop-black/554-4584.prd?skuId=554-4584

 

thanks in advance for your help.

They're both good Laptops for FM, but being newer, cheaper and just as quick if not quicker, the Acer Nitro 15 is the better buy.  Nothing strange about wanting a physical store to interact with, I bought my laptop online from Novatech who have a store a few miles from me, saves on potential hassle with returns and support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be going for the ideapad myself. 

There's nothing wrong with a "U" processor for gaming laptops. But FM is not your usual game. FM requires more processing ability than graphical. 

Typically with games, it's graphics first and processing 2nd. So a U processor for a gaming laptop would be very good. But for FM it's just not a good idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeathReborn said:

They're both good Laptops for FM, but being newer, cheaper and just as quick if not quicker, the Acer Nitro 15 is the better buy.  Nothing strange about wanting a physical store to interact with, I bought my laptop online from Novatech who have a store a few miles from me, saves on potential hassle with returns and support.

 

1 hour ago, Smurf said:

I'd be going for the ideapad myself. 

There's nothing wrong with a "U" processor for gaming laptops. But FM is not your usual game. FM requires more processing ability than graphical. 

Typically with games, it's graphics first and processing 2nd. So a U processor for a gaming laptop would be very good. But for FM it's just not a good idea.

Thank you both for your help. After a bit more research and reading customer reviews, I’ve gone for the Lenovo Ideapad. The Acer doesn’t support hyper threading and scored lower on the benchmark tests for the processor. Also, there were a few reviews reporting major overheating, which was a big problem with a previous acer laptop I had that kept turning itself off during FM. 

Looking forward to it arriving and getting to play FM18. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They both have hyperthreading. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wisconsin said:

That one looks great. Did you end up ordering it, @Locko27? Interested to hear how it runs FM18.

Haven’t ordered it yet, looks like that’s the one I’ll be going for. Will keep you updated once it arrives and I get going on it 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DeathReborn said:

I got excited for a second then, but unfortunately these prices are excluding VAT, once you add the VAT it works out £20 more than the original link. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been looking for an FM playing PC

 

Got this in mind

https://www.pcspecialist.co.uk/notebooks/ultraNoteIV-15/

but I’d go for the i5 processor, 8GB of Ram, the 1080p and an SSD.  My only worry is the graphics card.

Would be getting it without Windows as I have a key so the price is £552 which maxes out my budget fully.

 

Anyone got that graphics setup? How is it?

Is there a recommended laptop at the £550 mark that betters that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:15, rooneymagic88 said:

Hi @weelegsI’m not sure you will find a laptop around £300 that will run FM18, even with few leagues and playing 2D. I paid £300 for a laptop, admittedly 18-24 months ago. It can run FM17 quite well although the 3D is a little jerky. However FM18 is near impossible to run. It is very slow (even with just the English leagues and a small database loaded), crashes frequently and struggles with 2D. I think it struggles with 2D because the game still does the match preview with the lineups and the players warming up before going into 2D. Mine regularly crashes at or just before this point as the laptop struggles with the graphics. Based on my experiences the difference between FM17 and FM18 (and the computing power to run both) is big.

cheers mate... it just seems to meet the requirements and literally this is all id be using the laptop for, no other programs open or anything... and for that reason also don't want to spend big.... to be honest may just have to risk it and if it's no good then take it back!

In that respect can you turn the match preview with lineups etc off in the settings or anything??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, weelegs said:

cheers mate... it just seems to meet the requirements and literally this is all id be using the laptop for, no other programs open or anything... and for that reason also don't want to spend big.... to be honest may just have to risk it and if it's no good then take it back!

In that respect can you turn the match preview with lineups etc off in the settings or anything??

I’m not sure you can mate, maybe turn the graphics to their lowest settings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Smurf said:

Looks good !

Cheers pal your recommendation is good enough for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no laptop after Wednesday and I want to buy this beautifull All In One Computer.

Its a Dell Inspiron 22 3000 series and it has:

Intel® Core™ i3-7100U processor (3 MB cache, 2,30 GHz), UMA

8 GB Single Channel DDR4 2.400 MHz (8 GB x 1)

Intel® HD Graphics 620

HD 1 TB (5.400 rpm)

Windows 10 Home 64bit

 

Is it possible to play FM18 in 3D?

 

Tnx

         

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's possible to play FM on most computers. 

However, this isn't one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Smurf said:

It's possible to play FM on most computers. 

However, this isn't one of them.

I thought the Intel HD Graphics 620 are good?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the i3 processor that makes it not very good for FM. 

The HD Graphics 620 is integrated - and not a dedicated card - so it relies on the processor having a larger L3 cache and high max boost frequency for best performance, the i3 has niether. 

Edited by Smurf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Smurf said:

It's the i3 processor that makes it not very good for FM. 

The HD Graphics 620 is integrated - and not a dedicated card - so it relies on the processor having a larger L3 cache and high max boost frequency for best performance, the i3 has niether. 

Aw I see, how about this one?

https://www.centralpoint.nl/all-in-one-pcs/dell/optiplex-5250-all-in-one-art-cnc4m-num-7405267/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=productlistingads&ref=115&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4bX_vYLO1wIVZ7vtCh0fwQA3EAQYASABEgJfLvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CKH9yciCztcCFUKZdwodEr4FtQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Straight off the bat

  • 21.5 " beeldschermdiagonaal
  • Geen touchscreen
  • 1920 x 1080 Pixels resolutie
  • Wi-Fi
  • Zevende generatie Intel® Core™ i3 processorfamilie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Smurf said:

Straight off the bat

  • 21.5 " beeldschermdiagonaal
  • Geen touchscreen
  • 1920 x 1080 Pixels resolutie
  • Wi-Fi
  • Zevende generatie Intel® Core™ i3 processorfamilie

So I need at least i7? Cause I dont understand...lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Smurf said:

Straight off the bat

  • 21.5 " beeldschermdiagonaal
  • Geen touchscreen
  • 1920 x 1080 Pixels resolutie
  • Wi-Fi
  • Zevende generatie Intel® Core™ i3 processorfamilie

Dell Inspiron 23

2.4GHz Intel Corei7-4700MQ

12GB 1,600MHz DDR3 SDRAM

2GB AMD 8690A Graphics

1TB, 5,400rpm hard drive

Windows 8

 

Is this better?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Mike.83 said:

Been looking for an FM playing PC

 

Got this in mind

https://www.pcspecialist.co.uk/notebooks/ultraNoteIV-15/

but I’d go for the i5 processor, 8GB of Ram, the 1080p and an SSD.  My only worry is the graphics card.

Would be getting it without Windows as I have a key so the price is £552 which maxes out my budget fully.

 

Anyone got that graphics setup? How is it?

Is there a recommended laptop at the £550 mark that betters that? 

 

22 minutes ago, Mike.83 said:

How’s the one I posted up the page @Smurf

thanks.

With the i5 and 8gb RAM it's pretty good.

No graphics card though - so relying on the on board graphics - whcih would be ok on low settings for the 3D matches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Eljayem said:

So I need at least i7? Cause I dont understand...lol

An i5 or an I7

15 minutes ago, Eljayem said:

Dell Inspiron 23

2.4GHz Intel Corei7-4700MQ

12GB 1,600MHz DDR3 SDRAM

2GB AMD 8690A Graphics

1TB, 5,400rpm hard drive

Windows 8

 

Is this better?

The hard drive is very slow - would make it slow in terms of booting up the computer and loading/saving games - and writing stuff to the hard drive in general. 

OVerall - it's not bad - a bit on the old side - but the hard drive can be replaced quite easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Smurf said:

An i5 or an I7

The hard drive is very slow - would make it slow in terms of booting up the computer and loading/saving games - and writing stuff to the hard drive in general. 

OVerall - it's not bad - a bit on the old side - but the hard drive can be replaced quite easily.

Finally a better one...lol. I dont mind to wait that long with loading, but if the harddrive can be replaced, thats an option for the future. I did find a nice mini gaming pc, I think its much better in my opinion despite the i3 processor. I do have a big 43 inch TV HD, not 4K, so I can play it on my tv screen. This is the mini pc I saw....I like it so far.

 

Intel Core i3 6100 4x3.7Ghz

Nvidia Geforce GTX1050 2GB

1TB SATA3 7200rpm 64mb HDD

8GB DDR4

 

What do you suggest? This mini pc or the dell inspiron 23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here in Holland we have a nice Black Friday deal for a complete PC set and cost 500 euro.

MSI Intel G1840 2x2.8Ghz with cooler

Intel HD graphics 4th generation (Video to 1760MB with VGA & HDMI)

8GB DDR3

320GB Seagate HD 7200rpm 16MB

ASUS VS228NE Full HD 21.5 inch LED

Windows 10

Keyboard and mouse

 

Shall I do it? Or is it a big no for FM18?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smurf said:

 

With the i5 and 8gb RAM it's pretty good.

No graphics card though - so relying on the on board graphics - whcih would be ok on low settings for the 3D matches.

I thought so.  I can live with that on a budget.

cheers :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Smurf I'm wanting a new laptop on black friday and would your input..........

by HP
 
$509.99
Edited by terryusc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...