New Laptop/PC- Help Needed

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys, need a basic laptop for football manager 2014, cant afford to buy one outright so catalogue is my only option, I have found this one, would you guys reccomend it

http://www.kandco.com/mobile/toshiba-satellite-c50d-10m-amd-e-processor-4gb-ram-500gb-hard-drive-wi-fi-156-inch-laptop---black/1315841145.prd?browseToken=%2fb%2f4873%2fs%2fprice%2c1&trail=4739-4873

if the link doesnt work please let me know and I will try to fix it, the basic things I can find are

toshiba satellite c50d 10m

4gb ram

500gb hard drive

AMD E Series Processor

AMD Radeon™ HD Graphics

As i said it is only really for football manager 2014 and its downloads.

thanks and hope you can help, as im looking to order it asap

Why are intergrated graphic cards terrible ? Would it be fine to play fm with intergrated graphic card ? if not, why ?

Non integrated card has its own processors and video memory. Integrated card will use your main CPU and take RAM from your system for all video rendering tasks, which will obviously slow down your laptop

I purchased my laptop today,

went for this one:

MSI CX61 Haswell, Intel® Core™ i7-4702MQ Haswell Quad Core Processor,

from saveonlaptops: http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/MSI-CX61-CX61_2OD-225UK_1475353.html

Looking forward to seeing how many leagues i can run comfortably on this one. will update when i know.

That is EXACTLY the laptop I was looking at!

It should run FM like a dream with programs running outside too.

My only problem was its..well... ugliness - how is it?!!?

Hi guys any help would be much appreciated I'm finally upgrading laptop tomorrow I'm going to PC world with a budget between £500 -£600 any recommendations please...

Laptop will be fm only and just English leagues loaded if this helps further thank you in advance...

Hi all,

So whilst this is not a clear cut test (i am using fm13 and fm14) , thought this might help,

Using fm 13 on my old laptop (acer aspire 5535) it took:

England, Italy, Spain - all leagues, Large database: took 00:07:12 to load and 00:03:29 to go on holiday for 1 week.

England, spain, italy, germany, france, holland, ukraine, brazil, argentina, belgium - All leagues - Large DB - took 00:17:50 to load and 00:12:56 to go on holiday for 1 week.

New laptop (MSI CX61 - link above)

England, Italy, Spain - all leagues, Large database: took 00:01:56 to load and 00:00:37 to go on holiday for 1 week.

England, spain, italy, germany, france, holland, ukraine, brazil, argentina, belgium - All leagues - Large DB - took 00:04:09 to load and 00:01:44 to go on holiday for 1 week.

so whilst not overly scientific... Hopefully it will help somebody!

Hi guys any help would be much appreciated I'm finally upgrading laptop tomorrow I'm going to PC world with a budget between £500 -£600 any recommendations please...

Laptop will be fm only and just English leagues loaded if this helps further thank you in advance...

The minimum requirements for the game are:

PC System Requirements

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 Intel Core AMD Athlon XP: 1.6GHz+ V/7/8: 2.2GHz+

Memory: 1 GB RAM

Graphics: NVidia GeForce FX 5900 Ultra ATI Radeon 9800 Intel GMA X3100 128MB VRAM

DirectX: Version 9.0c

Network: Broadband Internet connection

Hard Drive: 3 GB available space

Any laptop with at least these specs will be able to play the game. Obviously the better the computer is the better the game will run. Better CPU and RAM in particular will help the game run more smoothly.

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/LENOVO-G500-59371101_1492695.html pick this one, it has a dedicated video card. Otherwise they are all pretty much the same.

But I have "Only Commentary" on for matches so I'm counting the graphics card as a bonus, which of those laptops has the best processor? And which has the quickest processor?

Looks like I'll need a new laptop after my Charger burnt out and nearly set my bed on fire last night.

Looking for something that will play FM smoothly and 800 Kbps videos smoothly with around 4 hours of battery life and under £450.

At the moment I've got an HP Pavilion G6

1.8 GHz AMD Dual-Core E2-3000M APU with Radeon HD 6380G Discreet-Class Graphics

Chipset AMD A60M

Microprocessor Cache 1 MB L2 cache

Memory 8 GB DDR3

Memory Max Supports up to 8 GB DDR3 (2 user accessible)

Video Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6380G Discrete-Class (up to 3.98 GB total memory)

On FM13 I had 5 nations loaded, large database, around 45,000 players. I didn't really have any problems with it. It wasn't superfast, but I never play more than 10 seasons per save, usually around 6/7, so it was fine for me.

However, I've been thinking about getting this: http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/ACER-E1-571-NX.M09EK.032_1431695.html

Processor Intel® Core™ i5-3230M Dual Core (2.6GHz, Intel Ivy Bridge Architecture, 3MB Cache, Intel Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz)

Screen 15.6" (1366 x 768 HD Resolution)

Operating System Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit

RAM 6GB (DDR3)

Hard Drive 750GB

Optical Drive DVD Rewriter (Records DVDs 8x & CDs 24x & Dual Layer Super Multi)

Graphics Integrated (Intel HD Graphics)

Would the difference in day processing speed significantly better with this? I wouldn't want to load any more nations, so the database would be the same size and I don't really care about match graphics. I only really want to get this if it would process days in a couple of seconds, as I don't mind the speed with my old one too much. So do you think the Acer would be a lot better?

Anyone looking for a laptop in this sort of price range won't find much better I'd hazard a guess...

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/MSI-CX61-CX61_2OD-225UK_1475353.html

Yeah, that is the one I was all set to buy but ultimately went for the following

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Assu_N550JV_4th_Gen_Core_i7_8GB_1TB_Windows_15.6_inch_Full_HD_Touchscreen_L_N550JV-CM067H/version.asp

mainly down to its look, Full HD and resolution and better graphics card - but as you say the one you have linked should generally be the top tip for a FM type gamer.

Can anyone recommend a laptop that will run FM14 smoothly and will be able to run match engine with 'Very High' graphics quality without overheating?

Cheers lads.

You've given no indication of a budget or what else you need it for...

Shall we just recommend a £3000 one?

Yes, I finally bought a new gaming laptop after 4 years! It is a Singapore costume made Aftershock laptop meant for intense gaming. The website is here: https://www.aftershockpc.com/.

This is the specification of my new laptop! It is a beast!

Windows 8.1 64-bit

Processor i7 4900MQ

32 GB of RAM

Graphics card 780M GTX

A total of 2 TB of HD in RAID 0 configuration

It cost me Singapore $4,160! OK, before you guys say that it is a waste of money, I am using my laptop for other graphically intense games like Crysis 3, Battlefield 4, Metro and last but not least, FM 2014! I plan to play all the leagues in the game with a huge database! I only wonder whether in this settings, it would run FM 2014 smoothly and fast like a lightning!

:D

You've given no indication of a budget or what else you need it for...

Shall we just recommend a £3000 one?

Was thinking the same thing, I purchased a Dell Alienware laptop 3 years ago which runs FM brilliantly, just depends what spec/how high spec you're looking for and how much you're willing to pay mate.

But I have "Only Commentary" on for matches so I'm counting the graphics card as a bonus, which of those laptops has the best processor? And which has the quickest processor?

Well you seem to know more than you let on here, because all of your choices have identical processors!

I have been looking at getting a new laptop for a few months now (not in a hurry) but I noticed this one from Dell, its the new Inspiron:

http://www.dell.com/uk/p/inspiron-15-7537/pd?oc=cn75310&model_id=inspiron-15-7537

I was wondering if any of you guys out there that know your stuff when it comes to computers can tell me if it is a decent laptop and if it will run FM14 really well?? I will mainly be using it for web browsing, some Word stuff and playing FM of course :)

Any help is much appreciated

I have been looking at getting a new laptop for a few months now (not in a hurry) but I noticed this one from Dell, its the new Inspiron:

http://www.dell.com/uk/p/inspiron-15-7537/pd?oc=cn75310&model_id=inspiron-15-7537

I was wondering if any of you guys out there that know your stuff when it comes to computers can tell me if it is a decent laptop and if it will run FM14 really well?? I will mainly be using it for web browsing, some Word stuff and playing FM of course :)

Any help is much appreciated

Yes - it will run FM fine with four or five leagues, but for that price I dont believe it is worth it - the MSI which has been linked in this thread several times over the last week or so beats that spec wise down to a pulp and is a better price too.

Yes - it will run FM fine with four or five leagues, but for that price I dont believe it is worth it - the MSI which has been linked in this thread several times over the last week or so beats that spec wise down to a pulp and is a better price too.

Thanks for the info, the MSI certainly seems value for money, but it looks rather ugly and bulky, where as the Dell seems sleek, slim and has a backlit keyboard and I think it also has a better screen(could be wrong)

does anyone have the msi laptop? just for a proper user review on fm14???

I have a similar model from last year, with an i7 3630QM and Nvidia Geforce GTX 660M instead. FM14 runs very well on it for me. Or it did until the last update, now it is not loading for some reason.

I have a similar model from last year, with an i7 3630QM and Nvidia Geforce GTX 660M instead. FM14 runs very well on it for me. Or it did until the last update, now it is not loading for some reason.

I am not too sure about laptops, is the one in the link an upgrade on yours or a lower spec?

Good Afternoon!

So I am requesting some guidance here chaps and chepesses.

My Laptop which I have had for about 5 years is starting to over heat. Whilst playing the beta, it would randomly shut it self down. So I am assuming its time to put this dear friend down to rest.

So with that in mind does anybody have recommendations on a good Laptop to purchase that is less than $900.00. The cheaper the better.

I really only use my laptop to play FM and browse the web and listen to music and sometimes Netflix. I would prefer the laptop to run multiple leagues at once with a large database.

Hoping that others have had to purchase a new laptop/pc recently so any nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.

I am a complete ditz when it comes to PC and specs and all that jargon. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Dan

Archived