Sports Interactive Community
decapitated

Miles Jacobson announces new feature for FM19 to become active on Friday

I have a funny feeling it will be to do with Hashtag United, because they are nowhere to be seen in the beta.

Just now, RyanBrown said:

I imagine as soon as SI decide to launch the game, the full game and all it's parts will go live (touch,editor etc)

I hope so but so far there is no official news about FMT release date yet

Just now, Boomer Ang said:

I hope so but so far there is no official news about FMT release date yet

I assume it would be when the full game goes live, it seems most logical. 

If it's something involving lawyers then no doubt it's having something to do with this, most definitely:

On 31/10/2018 at 03:44, Cris87 said:

With the new 19.1 update i noticed that Niko Kovac, head coach of Bayern Monaco, became Max Mustermann.
Also the birth date is wrong: 12/09/1971. The correct date is 15/10/1971 as per before the update.
Cheers

Max Mustermann.png

Niko Kovac.png

On 31/10/2018 at 17:15, Octavianus[GER] said:

That's a licensing issue, sorry for that but cannot be changed.

...Of course I was being facetious :D

1 minute ago, RyanBrown said:

I assume it would be when the full game goes live, it seems most logical. 

In theory yes but it would be appreciated to have an official SI statement about FMT release date, thx

Just now, Boomer Ang said:

In theory yes but it would be appreciated to have an official SI statement about FMT release date, thx

SI have always been a bit funny with some stuff. I have been asking for a few days about what time the game goes live, but only a select few people know. Not a massive issue, but always nice to be in the loop.

1 minute ago, RyanBrown said:

SI have always been a bit funny with some stuff. I have been asking for a few days about what time the game goes live, but only a select few people know. Not a massive issue, but always nice to be in the loop.

Yep indeed, there is a mystery halo around the FMT release date and FM release time, dunno why

1 minute ago, Boomer Ang said:

Yep indeed, there is a mystery halo around the FMT release date and FM release time, dunno why

Yeah, it's a bit strange :lol:. I just want to get my online save sorted ASAP, but need to use the editor.

14 minutes ago, RyanBrown said:

I have a funny feeling it will be to do with Hashtag United, because they are nowhere to be seen in the beta.

They are in level 10 - might be too far down for the vanilla database.

12 minutes ago, Boomer Ang said:

It is not a mystery in the slightest- SI have NEVER given an actual release time for any update and this is no different.  Nobody knows so it is pointless to speculate.

23 minutes ago, Crispypaul said:

They are in level 10 - might be too far down for the vanilla database.

I just mean they aren't actually in the game at all, usually all clubs are in the game with fake/greyed out players. 

16 hours ago, Lucas said:

People just want real stadiums for some reason.

Yes, it adds to the experience in terms of immersion. It's a very nice to have. It definitely added to the experience when I was playing sim baseball games, and I'm sure it would for Football Manager as well.

39 minutes ago, FrazT said:

It is not a mystery in the slightest- SI have NEVER given an actual release time for any update and this is no different.  Nobody knows so it is pointless to speculate.

Sorry but my question was built by 2 different statements, the first one about the release date of FM Touch still mysteriously unknown afaik....

and the second one about FM realease time.

could you please enlighten me about the first one ?

Thx in advance

Edited by Boomer Ang

3 minutes ago, Boomer Ang said:

Sorry but my statement was built from 2 different statements, the first one about the release date of FM Touch still unknown afaik....

and the second one about FM realease time.

could you please enlighten us about the first one ?

Thx in advance

No, as I said nobody ever knows so I cant help.

Could the fact that lawyers were involved imply that it has something to do with doping or random financial illegalities some time in the future (Involving only regens and fictional, new boardmembers, of course :D)? There are plenty of big clubs that have been relegated several divisions, and it would be interesting to see those kind of events on rare occasions. 

24 minutes ago, kensteidel said:

Could the fact that lawyers were involved imply that it has something to do with doping or random financial illegalities some time in the future (Involving only regens and fictional, new boardmembers, of course :D)? There are plenty of big clubs that have been relegated several divisions, and it would be interesting to see those kind of events on rare occasions. 

Now THAT would be interesting.

A feature that I would crave is changes to competition rules (or even number of teams in divisions) over time. Look at the Italian setup... I lost count how many times it has changed over the last 15-20 years. 

Lawyers involved?  Is Miles finally going to be able to offer everyone on Twitter a square go?  On yersel' Miles.

16 минут назад, KiLLu12258 сказал:

So tomorow the feature will be active but its not possible to anounce it yet? hmm

Zen feature 

Yeah. I think it’s become quite clear that it’s gonna be a poor feature if they can’t even announce it now...to go along with all the other poor ones this year. Disappointed again 

20 minutes ago, Bristol CityFC1981 said:

He’s replied to someone on twitter saying it cant be announced but will be in the game :idiot:

what a crock of **** :(

Someone said in the comments they reckon its do with online network games (playing against players on different systems?) but none of us all will find out (if at all) until the game is out. 

30 minutes ago, decapitated said:

Someone said in the comments they reckon its do with online network games (playing against players on different systems?) but none of us all will find out (if at all) until the game is out. 

That sounds like it could be a news item/media related event in game - something like the items you'll get occasionally about a player missing training as they were out drinking or the coming out as gay items that were added recently. Neither of those items can happen for real players and as all the PR images use licensed teams it's possible they could have objected even if it was for a regen.

2 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

That sounds like it could be a news item/media related event in game - something like the items you'll get occasionally about a player missing training as they were out drinking or the coming out as gay items that were added recently. Neither of those items can happen for real players and as all the PR images use licensed teams it's possible they could have objected even if it was for a regen.

Thats a good theory, but if thats the case, it could have been announced without a screenshot (in text on twitter without a club being mentioned) or with a create a club side. I can't wait to see what this mystery feature is and whether its an anti-climax or something thats worth the wait and wondering. I do wonder if its something no one will discover until they are several years into the game.

19 minutes ago, decapitated said:

Thats a good theory, but if thats the case, it could have been announced without a screenshot (in text on twitter without a club being mentioned) or with a create a club side. I can't wait to see what this mystery feature is and whether its an anti-climax or something thats worth the wait and wondering. I do wonder if its something no one will discover until they are several years into the game.

Or something so minor it takes several versions before anyone notices it :D

8 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Or something so minor it takes several versions before anyone notices it :D

Ooh ooh ooh tin foil hat time I think you know something......

Interested as to what the feature is, but really want to know if save game compatible. Itching to start a save and already had to restart due to Turkish registration bug...

Take it we're all in agreement the feature in question is the third division of Germany

11 minutes ago, jlammi said:

Yes 3 liga is back.

Is it? I can'r select it when I go to start a new game? 

Just now, Neil Brock said:

Yeah we can't announce it. But it's not just what you've said in here...

Hmmmm interesting. When can you announce it?

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

Is it? I can'r select it when I go to start a new game? 

Yeah it's not available in mine as well so it's unlikely to be the case :(

1 minute ago, Neil Brock said:

Yeah we can't announce it. But it's not just what you've said in here...

Ahhhhh..... I cant handle this. lol