Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
decapitated

Miles Jacobson announces new feature for FM19 to become active on Friday

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, oblongata21 said:

J-League is huge, and attracting a lot of world class players these days, Torres, Iniesta, Podolski to name a few.

It has to be either a league or stadiums though, theyre the only things that would have lawyers involved.

 

But I'm sure lot of FM players will dominate the J-League in a few years easily. Then what?

I always think smaller leagues (except England - Italy, maybe Spain and Germany too) just for a few seaons saves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Seqw said:

Oh the joy of managing through world wars..  and what possibilities for all those injury lovers. :lol:

Imagine the complaint. "Seven of my first team players were killed in action, it must be a bug because thats unrealistic" :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Boomer Ang said:

I am not proficient in english but I think I wrote it clear.

1) I metnioned a broken leg, not an arm, a nose or an ankle.

2) I mentioned champion players, not mediocre ones like cissè or the garden keeper of the Emirates Stadium

 

FWIW a broken ankle CAN be significantly more serious than a broken leg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If SI releases an official J-League, I might try a save with Vegalta Sendai and of course Dallan's World Champions League file.

Here is my prediction: 
- This new feature, we will know on Friday (the release day of the game), if it involves Lawyers and it is on the game, maybe SI can only reveal it by then.
- Today, about the same time as yesterday, we will know about features of FMT.
- Tomorrow, either the Pre-Editor features or In Game-Editor Features or Both.
- Friday, If only a Pre-Editor or In-game Editor features is release tomorrow, the other will be on Friday.

Edited by grade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cant see how J League would be a feature . He would of said a new license for a league and not say a feature

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, prot651 said:

Cant see how J League would be a feature . He would of said a new license for a league and not say a feature

Was it not the Bundesliga announced as a feature for FM19?

I'm only saying that it can be one possibility, that might not be true. I do wonder what kind of feature it is that needs the approval of lawyers to be announced.

Edited by grade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, grade said:

Was it not the Bundesliga announced as a feature for FM19?

Yes but its not a feature 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really curious about this feature. Very unusual for SI to have something new appear in the full game that's not in the beta...

Edited by TopToffee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, prot651 said:

Yes but its not a feature 

I agree that it is not a feature, but to SI it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand the appetite for J-league? What's special about that league? Excuse my ignorance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, roggiotis said:

save game compatibility between mobile and full game versions ?

Aren't they like totally different games? It's like expecting Crash Bandicoot and FIFA being save game compatible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 минуты назад, Seqw сказал:

It's like expecting Crash Bandicoot and FIFA being save game compatible.

I cant stop imagine this game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TopToffee said:

Really curious about this feature. Very unusual for SI to have something new appear in the full game that's not in the beta...

I'd expect it's most likely to be something related to the editors, community features, online play, or cross-platform stuff as they are all features which aren't generally turned on fully during the beta and can be enabled on release without forcing people to restart their save.

(Disclaimer: I have no inside information on what the feature is, though if I did I probably wouldn't be able to tell you anyway :))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 horas atrás, andu1 disse:

I don't understand the appetite for J-league? What's special about that league? Excuse my ignorance.

Any league can be a nice challenge, but J-league in particular is attracting big names of football, like Iniesta or Podolski, making it even more interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

J-League would be very nice. A lot of interesting players there that are'nt in the database. Doubt that's what this is about, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Sheriff7 said:

80b0c89df3d59f8d4e723eedbc5c3cb3.png

So no stadium editor. Licensed stadiums could still be said stuff. Although stadiums are not really presented in a way that real licensed stadiums would make sense.

For future fm's it would be nice if matchday is further enhanced by first looking in on the country map showing us the city of play (with info on the distance from our own stadium) and then a nice top down zoom in of the full stadium before the players walk onto the pitch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bumming about no stadium editor.  Would have loved St James Park with "ASHLEY OUT!" signs plastered all over the park...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

I'd expect it's most likely to be something related to the editors, community features, online play, or cross-platform stuff as they are all features which aren't generally turned on fully during the beta and can be enabled on release without forcing people to restart their save.

(Disclaimer: I have no inside information on what the feature is, though if I did I probably wouldn't be able to tell you anyway :))

Not sure which of those would need “multiple teams of lawyers to sign off on”

 

only one one I could see MAYBE fitting that bill would be Switch cross play?

 

But even that might not fit in, because Miles said he expects the “mystery feature” to be in the game at launch - you wouldn’t really describe Switch cross play like that, since the Switch version isn’t out for quite a bit...

Edited by TopToffee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Viking said:

Why do people expect a stadium editor? Is this something that has been hinted at?

People just want real stadiums for some reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, TopToffee said:

Not sure which of those would need “multiple teams of lawyers to sign off on”

 

I can see lawyers being involved if SI wants to open up the editor for us to do certain things. Stadium editor would be one such thing. 

 

I'm just hoping it will be editor related though. I spend much more time with the editor than the actual game...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mensell76 said:

So no stadium editor. Licensed stadiums could still be said stuff. Although stadiums are not really presented in a way that real licensed stadiums would make sense.

For future fm's it would be nice if matchday is further enhanced by first looking in on the country map showing us the city of play (with info on the distance from our own stadium) and then a nice top down zoom in of the full stadium before the players walk onto the pitch. 

Could it be fully licensed 3. Bundesliga??? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible for community to mod stadiums? All we need is for SI to give us some instructions? 

Edited by Terry1973

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Terry1973 said:

Is it possible for community to mod stadiums? All we need is for SI to give us some instructions? 

You can do some really basic generic stuff, (remove bits and change the textures) but there is no way to assign stadiums to teams or create an entire stadium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

19 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

You can do some really basic generic stuff, (remove bits and change the textures) but there is no way to assign stadiums to teams or create an entire stadium.

Is it possible to remove brown pitches and change to green??

Edited by bella699

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bella699 said:

 

Is it possible to remove brown pitches and change to green??

Yes should be a thread in the Skinning forum about replacing the pitch textures, it'll be for FM18 but the instructions will be the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Yes should be a thread in the Skinning forum about replacing the pitch textures, it'll be for FM18 but the instructions will be the same.

Thanks m8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope it has something to do with running lines @ set pieces. or different setups for set pieces.

for instance when you get a free kick, send it to the far post, head it back to the penalty area where a player shows up to score.

or for instance when you get a free kick, 2 players block opposing players and a third player goes around en tries to score, or all the players starting together and fanning out when the bal is kicked towards the goal.

now there are not a lot of options for rehearsed free kicks/corners

Edited by Relaxter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm wondering whether the fact that stadiums have not been improved that much we still might see some sort of basic stadium editor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really hope it will be a stadium editor. For too long we have played in the same generic, boring stadiums with almost every top division club. We need more realism in the game and this would be a fantastic way to have it. Imagine playing in stadiums in South America (River plate mainly!!!) with the running track, or in Rome etc. Dortmund with the huge 4 stand stadium, including the kop. It would be amazing. FM have undervalued the importance of this to many of us for toooooo long! 

 

I hope i’ not leading myself to disappointment tomorrow. 

Edited by akm.91

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, andu1 said:

I don't understand the appetite for J-league? What's special about that league? Excuse my ignorance.

Its probably the biggest league in Asia and attracting a large number of big time players recently. Japan is also a good source of decent youth players.

Personally for me, being In Australia, its also good competing against the real players in Asian champions league and similar comps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, oblongata21 said:

Its probably the biggest league in Asia and attracting a large number of big time players recently. Japan is also a good source of decent youth players.

Personally for me, being In Australia, its also good competing against the real players in Asian champions league and similar comps.

I personally think the most important is that these players aren't included currently, and it would be great to have a full database were no nations are excluded. 

Edited by td_1985

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not going to be a stadium editor. People get lambasted time after time by Miles on Twitter for suggesting features which a football 'manager' would never do (despite him contradicting himself plenty of times on that but never mind...). A stadium editor isn't going to be one of those features :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Relaxter said:

I hope it has something to do with running lines @ set pieces. or different setups for set pieces.

for instance when you get a free kick, send it to the far post, head it back to the penalty area where a player shows up to score.

or for instance when you get a free kick, 2 players block opposing players and a third player goes around en tries to score, or all the players starting together and fanning out when the bal is kicked towards the goal.

now there are not a lot of options for rehearsed free kicks/corners

Option to set how deep you consider a free kick to be attacking... So you can go full allardyce and turn a fk just outside your own penalty area into an attacking free kick :D

I would like some changes to free kicks, but that would have a big impact on the ME so would have benefitted from full beta test. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stadium editor might be a bit too ambitious.

I reckon it's going to be a picnic bench editor ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, FrazT said:

I think with the fact that lawyers were involved, it will not be a ME feature.

Even of it were for the real stadiums?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could it not be possible that the new "Feature" is the ability to create full new nations instead of just edit older ones?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to post here but if posted in the FMT section nobody cares.

Will FMT 19 non beta be released tomorrow together with FM or few hours/days later ?

 Thx  

Edited by Boomer Ang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Boomer Ang said:

Sorry to post here but if posted in the FMT section nobody cares.

Will FMT 19 non beta be released tomorrow together with FM or few days later ?

 Thx  

I imagine as soon as SI decide to launch the game, the full game and all it's parts will go live (touch,editor etc)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...