Sports Interactive Community
decapitated

Miles Jacobson announces new feature for FM19 to become active on Friday

Gerade eben schrieb JordanMillward_1:

Japan and Bundesliga 3? 

And Brazil too? :brock:

Just wait and see. For licenses you need an agreement. This is probably something else. 

Just now, KUBI said:

And Brazil too? :brock:

Just wait and see. For licenses you need an agreement. This is probably something else. 

If it's with lawyers though (who would be the people agreeing the licenses), it could still be either the Bundesliga 3 licence or another country.

San Marino pls ;) :D 

55 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Legal permissions... Looks like Bundesliga3?

221484901_Image1.png.2ebe2ce7a0408660b0109a57c3697679.png

Licensed stadiums? :sega::D

Gerade eben schrieb Mensell76:

That would involve about 5000 lawyers at least.

1 minute ago, KUBI said:

Nah just a few big stadiums as a starting point would do....:brock:

Edited by Mensell76

4 minutes ago, kandersson said:

The end of the evil regen clones?

Hasn't been any such thing as regens for years. They are newgens.

It could be a lot of things if lawyers are involved not just licences for leagues.  For example an ability to create your own design of stadium would have to be checked with lawyers in case any image rights could be infringed. Adding a new player function would need to be checked with lawyers in case it breach privacy or image rights or exposed SI to defamation. I recently needed to change a form at work, it spent 5 days with lawyers before they said it was safe to change.  

In fact, where are the Solicitors and Compliance guys in FM2019?  Shouldn't there be a H&S noticeboard at the training ground? Where are the muster points? Come on SI, get with the current century.   

Compliance Manager 2019 - Coming Soon.

2 minutes ago, Mensell76 said:

Perhaps the Bundesliga, having seen SI promote it so nicely in the promo campaign has now also licensed all stadiums. Bundesliga is all in ? 

I'd be quite happy being able to choose a few different generic stadiums, doesn't have to be exact.  Everything from village green with a rope around it to Huge US Megabowl, option to change the seat colours and the area outside and you're done. 

7 minutes ago, Mensell76 said:

7 minutes ago, KUBI said:

5 minutes ago, Mensell76 said:

Well, in today's world of legal mazes, I'd say 5k lawyers for just a few big stadiums can't be far off...

20 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Hasn't been any such thing as regens for years. They are newgens.

They were until 2017. Then the evil clones took over and regens have since secretly ruled FM like it's 2001.

Edited by kandersson

Maybe a fully licensed Soundtrack or some type of in-game music streamer/player that can connect to stations. 

14 minutes ago, Nonlondoner said:

I'd be quite happy being able to choose a few different generic stadiums, doesn't have to be exact.  Everything from village green with a rope around it to Huge US Megabowl, option to change the seat colours and the area outside and you're done. 

and the ability to change what colour the crowd wear, isn't that right Westy

Just now, rain94 said:

Maybe a fully licensed Soundtrack or some type of in-game music streamer/player that can connect to stations. 

Thatd be so bad. The average fm'er puts in hundreds of hours... With core players going over 1000...imagine a soundtrack of what, 15 songs... For 1000 hours... Itd be like the damn nursery song cd in our car... Go to bed counting fishes in a really patronising manner

Just now, Tony Wright 747 said:

Have u noticed even more of a gamebreaker... The fans body is seperated from the legs by thin air... Like a canadians head in southpark. You can see it on director cam when it swings to behind the goal camera angle for certain set pieces. 

Surely got to be a licensing breakthrough- if it is that, at least the existing game should not suffer any knock-on effects

1 minute ago, westy8chimp said:

Have u noticed even more of a gamebreaker... The fans body is seperated from the legs by thin air... Like a canadians head in southpark. You can see it on director cam when it swings to behind the goal camera angle for certain set pieces. 

I hadn't to be fair I'll have a look next time, if the bright colour palatte doesn't blind me, lol

Maybe they will finally figure out that the stadium is usually not 50/50 on the crowd.  So when the away team scores the noise should not be the same level as when the home team scores.  

vor 12 Minuten schrieb Tony Wright 747:

The ability to change what some users are posting. But, wait...

29 minutes ago, Pedroig said:

Maybe they will finally figure out that the stadium is usually not 50/50 on the crowd.  So when the away team scores the noise should not be the same level as when the home team scores.  

Depends on the league etc but noise wise it isn't typically far off these days. In fact 3,000 passionate away fans tend to outsing 50,000 home fans where the few noisy types are dilluted by the prawn sandwich brigade.

41 minutes ago, Pedroig said:

You play with the sounds on ?!

2 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Japan and Bundesliga 3? 

If Japan are in I'll have to restart my career save all over again :'(

1 hour ago, FrazT said:

Surely got to be a licensing breakthrough- if it is that, at least the existing game should not suffer any knock-on effects

English Premier League perhaps.

14 minutes ago, Optimistic Dave said:

English Premier League perhaps.

Goes with the username, I like it :brock:

Optimum word is feature !! So licences I don't think would be a feature as neither would a editor for Touch.  Its going to be something in game . 

Edited by prot651

I see a bit of sadism in the teailer where the wonderkid have his leg broken and therefore such injury forces him out for 8 months....

Why Miles is so obsessed with injuries ?

Which football champion had a broken leg in hie real life career ? I think less than 1%

Maradona no Van Basten no Rivera no Pelè no Ronaldo 1 no Platiní no Ronaldo 2 no Cruyff no Messi no and so on

Edited by Boomer Ang

9 hours ago, FrazT said:

That could mean Bundesliga 3? Fingers crossed its the J-League but its highly unlikely I assume

8 hours ago, yowg8ynwa said:

If Japan are in I'll have to restart my career save all over again :'(

I normally restart when a J-League database becomes available anyway lol

Given the massive fuss made over the fact they got a licence for an entire two divisions....this won't be anything special.

Perhaps they've finally fixed shirt numbers. Grinds my gears to see my team play with 11 on the right and 7 on the left.

2 hours ago, Boomer Ang said:

I see a bit of sadism in the teailer where the wonderkid have his leg broken and therefore such injury forces him out for 8 months....

Which football champion had a broken leg in hie real life career ? I think less than 1%

Maradona no Van Basten no Rivera no Pelè no Ronaldo 1 no Platiní no Ronaldo 2 no Cruyff no Messi no and so on

That's right, Marco Van Basten had absolutely no problems with injuries that threatened to cut short his career. 

And Lionel Messi absolutely hasn't broken his arm less than a month ago. 

I don't think it's Miiles who is obsessed with injuries. 

5 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

That's right, Marco Van Basten had absolutely no problems with injuries that threatened to cut short his career. 

:( poor Marco, it still hurts me as a fellow Dutchmen. The career of our almost to be greatest player ever cut short....

I can still see Claudio Capello crying at MVB's official goodbye.

Back on topic: J league or Bundesliga 3 i.m.o are not big enough additions to announce as a new feature. I still think it is linked with the editor and/or with stadiums. As it involves lawyers, a stadium editor could make sense because infringements might need checking if we are all of a sudden seeing custom made Anfields pop up on YouTube.

Just now, CelticCelticCeltic said:

I think it will be stadiums editor with a bit of luck

New leagues are not new features!

It is to SI. The Bundesliga was announced has one.

4 hours ago, Boomer Ang said:

Djibril Cissé   …….  Abou Diaby just to name two

52 minutes ago, CelticCelticCeltic said:

I think it will be stadiums editor with a bit of luck

New leagues are not new features!

Would be nice but they have made the stadiums a lot better this year than last so why would they have bothered  if they were releasing a stadium editor