Jump to content

Miles Jacobson announces new feature for FM19 to become active on Friday


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Seyen said:

I don't understand. Was it or was the German national not included? In my game, it started with the beta version not appearing.

Up till the release of the full game, the usual licensing restrictions to the German national team applied and the 3 Liga was not playable. Once the full game was released, the German national team is populated with real players without needing third-party add-ons, and the 3 Liga is now a playable league.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Seyen said:

I don't understand. Was it or was the German national not included? In my game, it started with the beta version not appearing.

 

As it’s a database change you will need to start a new game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Weirdly, Steam seems to be throwing some kind of FM "trading cards" at me, which apparently add together to the sort of paid powerups that remind me why I don't play FM Touch. New or not, I hadn't seen them before

Gotta be honest, I was much happier with Die Mannschaft and the German third tier as the new feature! :D 

Edited by enigmatic
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

Weirdly, Steam seems to be throwing some kind of FM "trading cards" at me, which apparently add together to the sort of paid powerups that remind me why I don't play FM Touch. New or not, I hadn't seen them before

Gotta be honest, I was much happier with Die Mannschaft and the German third tier as the new feature! :D 

Trading Cards are a Steam Community feature, they have been given for owning the game for several years, but they don't interact with the game in any way, they are just a way to earn Steam Trinkets or in most cases just sold on the Steam Marketplace to earn you back a couple of pence per card in Steam Credit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to be honest, this is hardly a feature. It took all of 5 seconds to enable the German national team by fiddling about in the game folders. I suppose looking at this in a positive light, you've saved us 5 seconds.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand the frustration of those who expected a bigger new feature (like i understand the frustration of a lunatic stuck in a straitjacket) 

But for me its a good edition, as i havent tinkered with any fm files since the days of the "arse" command... And not having the german national team was a pretty big hole in the football world. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Miles was absolutely wrong to call this an unannounced new feature because it simply added back in division that one of their pre-launch screenshots showed as being in the game so it’s more of a fix than fearure, he was also wrong to pre-announce it before all the legal stuff was sorted out but his excitement getting the better of him is understandable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barside said:

Miles was absolutely wrong to call this an unannounced new feature because it simply added back in division that one of their pre-launch screenshots showed as being in the game so it’s more of a fix than fearure, he was also wrong to pre-announce it before all the legal stuff was sorted out but his excitement getting the better of him is understandable.

And added the German national team, which is new.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, mightypvfc said:

Got to be honest, this is hardly a feature. It took all of 5 seconds to enable the German national team by fiddling about in the game folders. I suppose looking at this in a positive light, you've saved us 5 seconds.

It's much more valuable for people on play on platforms where it can't be fixed: I know you can't on Switch and I think it's the same on mobile and tablet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spurs08 said:

It's much more valuable for people on play on platforms where it can't be fixed: I know you can't on Switch and I think it's the same on mobile and tablet.

Fair enough, I didn't think of console versions!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Em 02/11/2018 em 06:07, markyosullivan disse:

I don't know why people would complain about more leagues, I bet the same people who are complaining are the type of people who just manage Man City / Real Madrid / Bayern. More leagues is fantastic for anyone who likes doing journeyman career saves.

As for the German national team being in the game now, I'm delighted! It's probably the one thing which has frustrated me the most in recent years.

Thank you Miles & SI team. :applause: FM19 is outstanding! The haters will always be the most vocal sadly so I wanted to make sure I post my thanks.

It looks those people who I play FIFA against. When are not sexist by don't play with women's teams, they are always predictable playing with top european teams. Because that I don't play amateur/friendly championship because the guys always took the same teams, it should be a raffle to choose the team, then would be the player skills that would make the difference. I used to love when I won playing with Feyenoord: weaker, slower but with a balanced 4231 that allows me to counterattack and with me the team was good at Set Pieces. When Lex Immers still was on squad was still better, my dutch Juninho. 

Em 02/11/2018 em 08:59, CaptainBanana disse:

Problem is, even with a custom db, Jleague is almost unplayable because missing clubs tables.

is it possible edit any asian country as Japan and make the DB based on ? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tiago_wakabayashi said:

, it should be a raffle to choose the team, then would be the player skills that would make the difference

:lol: yes adding pot luck is always the best way of skill being the deciding factor...like cutting the deck for high card is best way to decide who is bettet at poker?! 

Player skill would tell most in a mirror match... Picking teams by raffle would be as much of a leveller as making usain bolt run the 100m through treacle

Sorry, not sure what your wider point was, but had to pick up on that statement 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 horas atrás, westy8chimp disse:

:lol: yes adding pot luck is always the best way of skill being the deciding factor...like cutting the deck for high card is best way to decide who is bettet at poker?! 

Player skill would tell most in a mirror match... Picking teams by raffle would be as much of a leveller as making usain bolt run the 100m through treacle

Sorry, not sure what your wider point was, but had to pick up on that statement 

My point would avoid to take the same group of teams or even bizarre like "real x real". I don't think those guys would know playing with weaker teams, the football would be other. I think more interesting what someone knows to do with a bad team, mainly against a better one. The same in FM.

And I don't like the idea of one million guys in a tournament playing with Real, for example. Each one should have a different team.  But that's my option. The FM tournaments are cooler because that.

Going back to the "Man City / Real Madrid / Bayern" thing,  those people are football elitists, for virtual/real. I don't like that kind of people because they don't get the sport essence. You have the best team just prove you are near the victory and not you have it. And that makes football funny. And there are many levels of football, every one can be enjoyable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...