The Unofficially Official Training and Mentoring Guide

Il ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2018 in 13:42 , Seb Wassell ha scritto:

Match Review is one of those marginal gains that managing training yourself can bring. The AM is great, but he can't do it all for you ;)

Please what's this Match REview about and where do I find it? thanks

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, jam jameson said:

Please what's this Match REview about and where do I find it? thanks

4 hours ago, plcarlos said:

click on training, calendar, match prep

to add to this - it can only be scheduled once between games. I usually put it after the Recovery session following a game. 

Match review works on improving tactical familiarity with your system. It can have a positive effect in the long run for a side still coming to grips with a tactical system, but its not vital in mid to late season. 

29 minutos atrás, Rashidi disse:

Match review works on improving tactical familiarity with your system. It can have a positive effect in the long run for a side still coming to grips with a tactical system, but its not vital in mid to late season. 

It's just for tactical familiarity .. and does not impact directly on the next game. right?

So during Pre Season or any match really, having more than one Match Practice session is ineffective? Or is it only the sessions with an effect on Upcoming Match that don't stack.

Basically can you not double up on ANY "Match Prep" sessions?

Ive been wasting so many sessions.

7 hours ago, SKfm said:

So during Pre Season or any match really, having more than one Match Practice session is ineffective? Or is it only the sessions with an effect on Upcoming Match that don't stack.

I don't have any match prep sessions in pre-season; before competitive games I do but ensure they are all different, including ONE Match Practice.

10 hours ago, SKfm said:

Correct. The same session doesn't stack, but you can use different sessions, so you can train attacking movement, defensive positioning etc all for the same match.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/02/2019 at 08:41, ScoreMore (Mico) said:

After every game I have a day when the only session is Recovery.  I have no other rest days.  What are your thoughts on that? Condition is very good but match fatigue is being reported in the medical centre.
Also, what are your thoughts about training intensity please?

i did this one for a while, it can work, but if schedule is tough it's not worth, because penalty on fatigue is huge and players do really need that extra rest sessions sometimes. Training is intensive when you put physical sessions in a day. Personally i try to minimize physical sessions if my team plays two games during the week, they get rested, injury risk is lower and also they can work on technical/mental side of the game more.

On 14/02/2019 at 15:41, ScoreMore (Mico) said:

After every game I have a day when the only session is Recovery.  I have no other rest days.  What are your thoughts on that? Condition is very good but match fatigue is being reported in the medical centre.
Also, what are your thoughts about training intensity please?

That's fine, match fatigue goes up when they play a lot of games and there is an intensive schedule. Just monitor those with high injury risk

• 2 weeks later...

@Rashidi

Hi, in my team I have two young players with "model citizen" personality. 

Do I gain anything by putting them in mentoring groups, with a player with a professional or resolute personality? Or the best way to train them is leaving them "alone" learning the traits I want? 

PS: I'm playing the touch version, so I think the training is much more straightforward. 

Edited by Keyzer Soze

• 2 weeks later...

When mentoring players:

do you put 1 influence full player into a group with some youngsters? or 1 or 2?

Does the determination fall to the level of the experienced player?

if i have a youngster with determination 15 and the older players just got 12, does it sink to that level?

i have plizari ( determination 15) pesonality perfektionist. Mentoring him with reina (professional, 15)  and donnaruma (15,faily professional? )

tonali (driven, determination 15)...mentor him with biglia (professional, 15)?

determination  in general: why does it gets worse to my players? Dont know how to effect this: For example i got chiesa (15workrate) into a mentroing group with higuian ( determination 16) and borini (16)

now he dropped to 14.

Same with calabria (16 to 15)...mentor is strinic (determination 17) and was conti (15) Was conti "the problem?"
.how can i effect this?

Edited by peacemaker

I only mentor for personality changes so I find a good personality and put 2 youngsters in with a poor personality. Personalities like fairly professional, fairly determined don't need to be mentored, tbh. I would mentor balanced, light-hearteded, jovial, mercenary, etc.  Mentor should also have "significant" influence which likely means that this player should be a team leader. You can mentor others who aren't team leaders but are very influential players, but it may take longer for personality changes.

So in my example it makes no scence to mentor tonali (driven, det. 15) to put him in a mentoring group wie biglia (professional,15)

same wit plizarri (perfektionist, det. 15) and reina (professeional, 15) ?

I mean, they are both 18year olds, and their mentors would be really experiecened players.

And what with determition in general? does it drop or not an why?!

I never said it makes no sense, I said be choosy, otherwise your main squad will have a lot of players. Pick 5 promote them and tutor them. As far as personalities are concerned you will find that not a lot of teams are built with perfectionists who are perfect, look at their traits too.

15 hours ago, peacemaker said:

ok...not a real answer for me

do you have an idea if the determination sinks when the mentor has a lower determination then the youngsters?

Of course that can happen, but you need to see if he has a 'significant' influence on the group. First thing you need to do when choosing a mentor is to see if he can have an influence on the players.  Good mentors are harder to find than most people think,

The problem is: It loooks like the players workrate sinks down to the mentors workrate standertly, It kind of destroys players in a way.

And if the the younger player has a "better personality" (driven) than the mentorist (professional), is there the danger that the younger ones "sinks" in his personality?

Why does workrate never rise? it alwaays sinks...

Are there any ways to train workrate/determination?

13 minutes ago, peacemaker said:

The problem is: It loooks like the players workrate sinks down to the mentors workrate standertly, It kind of destroys players in a way.

And if the the younger player has a "better personality" (driven) than the mentorist (professional), is there the danger that the younger ones "sinks" in his personality?

Why does workrate never rise? it alwaays sinks...

Are there any ways to train workrate/determination?

If a player performs well in training and you praise him, his workmate may increase. 

guys. i know my englisch is not very good:

I want to know if the workrate behaves like in the old fms mentoring system: The workrate has fallen if you mentored a youngster with a senior player having a lower workrate. Iwant to know if its something similiar in this fm. Hopf you unterstand what im wanting to know^^

On 09/03/2019 at 15:58, peacemaker said:

I want to know if the workrate behaves like in the old fms mentoring system: The workrate has fallen if you mentored a youngster with a senior player having a lower workrate. Iwant to know if its something similiar in this fm. Hopf you unterstand what im wanting to know^^

Work Rate isn't affected in the Mentoring system and it wasn't in Tutoring either.

7 hours ago, Whatawaster95 said:

Does mentoring only impact personality's?

Do players not pick up preferred moves in a mentoring group? 

Player Traits are definitely possible to be transferred in a Mentoring group. This is also stated in the OP.

10 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

Work Rate isn't affected in the Mentoring system and it wasn't in Tutoring either.

sure? but determination did. one of them, always had the problem that the young player dropped to the tutors value.

And a quite same thing in the new mentoring....or WHY does it drop? dont see why then

16 minutes ago, peacemaker said:

sure? but determination did. one of them, always had the problem that the young player dropped to the tutors value.

And a quite same thing in the new mentoring....or WHY does it drop? dont see why then

It's supposed to decrease or increase depending on the tutor/mentor. Both the tutor and the mentor(s) affect Personality and Determination is part of a player's Personality.

Just now, peacemaker said:

doesnt this mean the opposite u just wrote?

I just had another drop of pasqueta (det 18 to 17) without any tutoring.

As I said, Work Rate isn't part of a player's Personality, so it isn't affected by Mentoring or Tutoring. Determination is the only visible Attribute that forms part of Personality.

1 minute ago, peacemaker said:

next one is bakayoko. determination sinks from 16 to 15 without any mentoring at all (same with paqueta)

what

Players (young ones, specifically) could still affected by the squad's overall Personality or influential players in their training unit.

On 09/03/2019 at 21:58, peacemaker said:

Work rate is an attribute that is improved through TRAINING, mentoring affects traits and hidden attributes. If you want to see why your work rate dropped have you removed training like Endurance, Fitness? or physical? if you don't have any of them in your schedules it will explain why.

Attributes like determination, work rate and bravery can go up and down in a season. Sometimes bravery can have a major fall, even determination can take a sharp spike. This can happen for a host of reasons, aging, injuries.

A group of players can also have an effect on a player, so if you are mentoring a group make sure you are careful. I have seen too many saves where people think THEY MUST MENTOR, when it really is the opposite.  I can go 5 seasons without mentoring a single player.

1 hour ago, peacemaker said:

so its no problem if the tutor got lover determination/workrate than the youngsters?!

There are no tutors.

Work rate is completely irrelevant and has nothing to do with Mentoring.  It cannot be affected by Mentoring.

Determination can change for a number of reasons, Mentoring being just one.  Senior / more experienced / highly influential players are more likely to influence those who are less senior / less experienced / lower influence players.  But then why would you want a highly influential player with a poor personality and low Determination in a Mentoring Group anyway?

Training intensity is how hard you are training him. So a player may do more than other players for the same task. This will increase his workload, and it should affect everything

Simple question. If i have an upcoming match and i want to train my team for attaking movement, whats the deference if i put the attaking movement training session in one slot and what if i put in in two or three slots. And also what if this training sessions trained not the day before match but two days before. Sorry for my English but i want to know if training attaking movement more than one time  has better results 

15 hours ago, zgiorgos10 said:

Simple question. If i have an upcoming match and i want to train my team for attaking movement, whats the deference if i put the attaking movement training session in one slot and what if i put in in two or three slots.

There will be no difference. Only 1 session counts as these sessions do not "stack".

15 hours ago, zgiorgos10 said:

And also what if this training sessions trained not the day before match but two days before.

Also, no difference.

Thanks. I had in my mind that training one thing several times had more impact than training once so i lost sessions for doing the same thing without result. Also i thought that we was playing better if we train attacking movements several times before the match... Was my idea?

3 hours ago, zgiorgos10 said:

Thanks. I had in my mind that training one thing several times had more impact than training once so i lost sessions for doing the same thing without result. Also i thought that we was playing better if we train attacking movements several times before the match... Was my idea?

What's more valuable in a week leading up to a match is doing different kinds of match preparation up. For example i had a difficult match coming up so I trained defensive shape, attacking movement and all the set pieces including teamwork. So I started getting the benefit of all of them. But if i had done only attacking movement, the 'match bonus' for the or its effects for the weekend's game would only count once.  

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 01:19, Rashidi said:

Work rate is an attribute that is improved through TRAINING, mentoring affects traits and hidden attributes. If you want to see why your work rate dropped have you removed training like Endurance, Fitness? or physical? if you don't have any of them in your schedules it will explain why.

Attributes like determination, work rate and bravery can go up and down in a season. Sometimes bravery can have a major fall, even determination can take a sharp spike. This can happen for a host of reasons, aging, injuries.

A group of players can also have an effect on a player, so if you are mentoring a group make sure you are careful. I have seen too many saves where people think THEY MUST MENTOR, when it really is the opposite.  I can go 5 seasons without mentoring a single player.

I didn't know Work Rate is linked to physical training sessions. how many times per week must we have Endurance, Fitness? or physical? 

I have'nt noticed any change in the mentoring and not having to move players to the senior squad to enable despite seeing murmurings about it changing elsewhere online.

Can someone enlighten me pease?

1 hour ago, Os said:

I have'nt noticed any change in the mentoring and not having to move players to the senior squad to enable despite seeing murmurings about it changing elsewhere online.

Can someone enlighten me pease?

All squads can now create mentoring units. However players still need to be in the relative squads. I.e you can't have a senior player who is in the first team squad be in a mentoring unit for the reserve team. However you can move the player to the reserve team and then him be able to do that.

The change that was implemented just added mentoring to the reserves and under squads. It didn't remove the restrictions.

Thanks for clearing that up, am I right in believing that you do not reccomend promoting youth into the senior squad for mentoring because of detrimental effects in other areas of their development,

24 minutes ago, Os said:

Thanks for clearing that up, am I right in believing that you do not reccomend promoting youth into the senior squad for mentoring because of detrimental effects in other areas of their development,

I wrote this recently which highlights some of the complications with mentoring for the sake of it or what the downside of promoting players to a squad you have no intention of them playing could do for development;