The Unofficially Official Training and Mentoring Guide

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This work was originally done with the cooperation of Seb Wassel, Cleon and myself. Cleon wrote out the Mentoring section and Seb verified all the details. All training sessions recommended are by myself and these are my personal opinion

Now I could have rewritten the whole thing, instead I opted to add sections to the existing FM19 Training Guide, since all the questions and comments are still relevant, it would be a pity if these were left in an older thread.

Welcome to FM20, this should be one of the most interesting changes to training. There are now a few ways you can do preseason and each way could lead you to full tactical familiarity in no time, provided of course you had chosen tactical familiarity elements. We also have 3 new team training sessions, plus a litany of additional focus training that affects everyone in the team, most notably the keeper who gets some love an attention.

Enjoy your experience with FM20. I have not done a long video guide this time around because I honestly feel that the main guide is still relevant, nevertheless I have done a 10min video that should help those who want a quick overview. 

• herne79 pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Cons-  you increase the load and reduce efficiency 

Pros - If you limit it to one or two high potential players who can actually play a few games for the first team you could help their development

This doesn't happen very often and is quite rare. I have introduced 17 year olds to the main squad, but in most cases these players have good current and high potential ability and their attributes are decent for the first team. I monitor their training and match time very closely.

39 minutes ago, Rashidi said:

Cons-  you increase the load and reduce efficiency 

Pros - If you limit it to one or two high potential players who can actually play a few games for the first team you could help their development

This doesn't happen very often and is quite rare. I have introduced 17 year olds to the main squad, but in most cases these players have good current and high potential ability and their attributes are decent for the first team. I monitor their training and match time very closely.

Cheers Rashidi :thup:

On 28/10/2018 at 19:02, Rashidi said:

Overlap Training will be good for sides that seek to use fullbacks as attacking units. In FM19 we needed to move them to the Attacking Unit to gain the benefits of attacking attributes like crossing and off the ball. Now the overlap training session directly improves these attributes without us having to move the fullbacks to the attacking units.

324541356_Screenshot2019-10-30at5_55_13AM.thumb.png.b42038d507ffd796a8b0120ca7137aea.png

On FM2019 that is exactly what I did, I moved FBs to attacking unit when I wanted them to train more crossing. This is better but I still have issues with this. This way it seams that all players in my defensive unit will work on crossing, dribbling, finishing etc. even my CBs when in reality they would be covering for overlapping FBs in such session and work on positioning, decisions, marking etc. I don't need my CBs to work on dribbling and finishing ever...

I know SI added attacking and defensive units because that is how trainings are done in real life and they are trying to simulate that but I assume that those units are much more fluid IRL and not set in stone like we have on FM, one universal setting for all sessions. Maybe they should consider adding a option of setting the defensive/attacking units for each session individually. We could have one default setting but we could edit that for certain sessions where we think is appropriate.

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, yolixeya said:

On FM2019 that is exactly what I did, I moved FBs to attacking unit when I wanted them to train more crossing. This is better but I still have issues with this. This way it seams that all players in my defensive unit will work on crossing, dribbling, finishing etc. even my CBs when in reality they would be covering for overlapping FBs in such session and work on positioning, decisions, marking etc. I don't need my CBs to work on dribbling and finishing ever...

I know SI added attacking and defensive units because that is how trainings are done in real life and they are trying to simulate that but I assume that those units are much more fluid IRL and not set in stone like we have on FM, one universal setting for all sessions. Maybe they should consider adding a option of setting the defensive/attacking units for each session individually. We could have one default setting but we could edit that for certain sessions where we think is appropriate.

We need to strike a balance between realism and gameplay. The functionality of units is a part of that. However, if you've got suggestions on how we can improve, head over here and let us know - https://community.sigames.com/forum/680-football-manager-feature-requests/ :thup:

Schedules improve attributes, match preparation boosts attributes short term for upcoming matches. 

These attributes roll into your tactical systems, so if the systems themselves are solid to begin with you should see improvements in the long term. However if the systems are poor you still have issues. My recommendation is to look at your tactical system first, identify what makes it tick, then isolate the players who need to get better and set up creating schedules that help them. That imho is the best way forward. 

So I recommend you start a thread with your tactic and post whatever you are planning and I will try and help where I can.

First of all, would like to say the guides are fantastic and for me the video helped hugely. I know my way around FM but haven't played for a couple of years. I've been sucked back in and I was a little lost at first, but these guides, the in-game help and just poking my way around the screens for a couple of hours have helped me get more up to speed.

This isn't a new problem, I'm sure I had this before on previous versions. I have my philosophy of possession football, I of course look for players that fit that and develop young players to fit that system. As I've started with a lower league club though, I don't have the resource to open with a revolving door transfer policy, so I need to get the best out of the players I have. My team training is set up with that in mind (not sure if I'm doing that entirely right yet, but guides have helped and I'll work it out). The problem I have is individual training. If I want some of my defenders to work on their passing for example, they always just get annoyed about it and want to change - meanwhile my ass man is suggested something like long throws, which a man of my footballing snobbery baulks at, clearly. Do I just force them to continue with the training? Will they get used to it and get on board over time? Or will that just end up in them getting angry? Do I just simply need to play the long game and make do with what I have until over a number of seasons I can shape the team in my image?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Let me start by saying how amazing this guide is, really helpful!

I have a couple of questions if you don't mind.

1. If I set my player's training as say a Mezzala for example, does that mean he will only work on attributes that are important (highlighted) for that role or will he only work on familiarity with the role? Or both?
  2. If I set a player's individual training to Quickness for example, it will obviously increase the rate at which the player improves in pace and acceleration but my question is would it slow down progression in other attributes to focus on Quickness?
  3. What is the best way to go about mentoring youth prospects? I have a youth prospect with fairly low determination and neutral personality. I thought about promoting him to first team so I can mentor him and making him available for U18 so he gets game time. The problem with this is that at the start of my save I hired new staff with good "Working with youngsters" attribute for my U18 coaching team and I would like to keep the player in U18 so that he can benefit from the good youth coaches. Should I just suck it up and promote him and try to get some coaches with good "Working with youngsters" attribute for my first team instead?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by fraggert
Formatting

On 24/11/2019 at 13:35, Rashidi said:

Schedules improve attributes, match preparation boosts attributes short term for upcoming matches. 

These attributes roll into your tactical systems, so if the systems themselves are solid to begin with you should see improvements in the long term. However if the systems are poor you still have issues. My recommendation is to look at your tactical system first, identify what makes it tick, then isolate the players who need to get better and set up creating schedules that help them. That imho is the best way forward. 

So I recommend you start a thread with your tactic and post whatever you are planning and I will try and help where I can.

Hi Rashidi,

I skipped FM19 so am new to training and what I am trying to get my head round is do I set up schedules that suit my style of play or is it a case of getting as many of the schedules into a training programme.

I am manager Arsenal and want to play a 4231 slightly direct passing, counter pressing and counter attacking.

I want the team to play like Liverpool engaging the opposition in a counter press and looking to break as quickly as possible.

I want my Fullbacks to create width and crosses, one of my CMs to sit as a DM DLP D, the other is a Mezzala and then a AP in the whole with the front three consisting of IF, DLF and IW. My first choice XI would be as below

GK(SK-S)

RB(WB/FB-A) CB(BPD-D) CB LB(WB/FB-S)

DM(DLP-D)

CM(MEZ-S)

AM(AP-S)

RWF(IW-S).   FWD(DLF-A).     LWF(IF-A)

It's an a symmetrical 4231 so the width comes from the FB/WB.

So I read Troy from FM Life's blog about how training should be approached in terms of what makes DNA of your tactics.

With things such as defensive shape or defending set pieces I only should use these in a focused way game to game?

If I just understand the fundamentals in the simplest way, I should be able to bud schedules from there.

Edited by The Solman

On 28/11/2019 at 19:19, The Solman said:

Hi Rashidi,

I skipped FM19 so am new to training and what I am trying to get my head round is do I set up schedules that suit my style of play or is it a case of getting as many of the schedules into a training programme.

I am manager Arsenal and want to play a 4231 slightly direct passing, counter pressing and counter attacking.

I want the team to play like Liverpool engaging the opposition in a counter press and looking to break as quickly as possible.

I want my Fullbacks to create width and crosses, one of my CMs to sit as a DM DLP D, the other is a Mezzala and then a AP in the whole with the front three consisting of IF, DLF and IW. My first choice XI would be as below

GK(SK-S)

RB(WB/FB-A) CB(BPD-D) CB LB(WB/FB-S)

DM(DLP-D)

CM(MEZ-S)

AM(AP-S)

RWF(IW-S).   FWD(DLF-A).     LWF(IF-A)

It's an a symmetrical 4231 so the width comes from the FB/WB.

So I read Troy from FM Life's blog about how training should be approached in terms of what makes DNA of your tactics.

With things such as defensive shape or defending set pieces I only should use these in a focused way game to game?

If I just understand the fundamentals in the simplest way, I should be able to bud schedules from there.

Basically just go with the sessions which give you the best bang for buck for attributes and then build a balanced schedule around them.

On 30/11/2019 at 07:09, Blue Down Under said:

I was just wondering how you increase the overall intensity of training.

There is no one button to increase for all, different combinations of sessions and increase the overall intensity for the week. Individual intensity can be increased by choosing the option on an individual players training page.

13 hours ago, Knox316 said:

When i scouted Marco Kana he had 20 Determination. When he arrived he had 17 on the second season and now he is with 16.

Is it a good idea to put mentoring to the assistant ? I did it but not sure i should continue on doing it.

You can ask the assistant to mentor, but I would check the overall personality of your squad too. Determination can go up and down over the course of a player's career. Injury too can lead to drops in a player's determination.

Coming from FM18 without played the fm19 i am trying to catch up with training and mentoring. I have a question, before a match i am receiving the training mail but how do i change the match preparation ?

c4e4383d5a6968436b282b1901fb42e7.png

Not that i have a problem with focusing in set-pieces, since 70% of the goals that i see from both teams are scored in that kind of gameplay. But it 'd be nice to know how to change it in the future, i checked in "staff responsibilities" but i wasn't able to find something.

Finally, thanks for the guide in the opening post.

Is it possible to train your player to play 2 positions? I mean that as an example, we have a defensive midfielder and we want to use him also as central defender in some matches. How will this player ready to play there if we have set his training as defensive mieldfielder?

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/12/2019 at 11:29, zgiorgos10 said:

Is it possible to train your player to play 2 positions? I mean that as an example, we have a defensive midfielder and we want to use him also as central defender in some matches. How will this player ready to play there if we have set his training as defensive mieldfielder?

The week of the match you want him playing CD, put him as CD in your tactic for the training sessions.  This helps quite a bit with tactical familiarity.  Training him as a CD that week helps as well, but there is quite a bit of overlap between some DM roles and CD already.

Em 14/12/2019 em 15:43, Pedroig disse:

The week of the match you want him playing CD, put him as CD in your tactic for the training sessions.  This helps quite a bit with tactical familiarity.  Training him as a CD that week helps as well, but there is quite a bit of overlap between some DM roles and CD already.

good tip

On 16/12/2019 at 08:51, Razor940 said:

I just can't max the player role bar on familiarity. I use a lot of tactic block, but thar thing never go more than half.

You need to use more general sessions and the player needs to be playing too.

11 horas atrás, Rashidi disse:

You need to use more general sessions and the player needs to be playing too.

I do that, but they just don't get familiar. For example, Pellegri is playing CF 3 seasons in a row and stil isn't even midway. Trincão the same and has more familiarity playing RMD than IW or IF. 

Question for @Seb Wassell and @Rashidi or anyone else that might know.

In FM20 if players are trained individually in the role I use in my tactic, does that effect the tactical familiarity for roles and duties? 

I don't think it had any effect previously but now I think if I train my CM as say AP-S but I use him as BBM or MEZ in my actual tactic then my familiarity bar for position/role/duty is never full. All the other bars are full, but not this one.

I use 4-1-4-1 DM Wide (or as I call it 433 DM Wide) and my midfield roles are DLP-D at DMC, MEZ-S and BBM-S for the CMs. However, my DMCs train usually as HB-D because of the attributes I want to target, while some of my CMs I train as AP-S or DLP-S.

Is that a problem now in FM20 in terms of never having my familiarity bar full for the roles?

10 hours ago, yonko said:

In FM20 if players are trained individually in the role I use in my tactic, does that effect the tactical familiarity for roles and duties?

Basically tactical familiarity comes from training sessions that provide mentality, width, position/role/duty etc. So if a session has that, that session helps with a particular area for tactical familiarity.

Position role duty training will help players get accustomed to the position/role/duty you want them to play. 

If you specifically train him as a mezzala after being trained as a playmaker, he may take some time to be fully acclimatised to that role, here, the specific role training you are giving him will help the attributes develop, but you will still need to have position/role/duty training in the general team training. If you move players around a lot which is something i do, then i would suggest having position/role duty as a feature for team training.

12 hours ago, Rashidi said:

Basically tactical familiarity comes from training sessions that provide mentality, width, position/role/duty etc. So if a session has that, that session helps with a particular area for tactical familiarity.

Position role duty training will help players get accustomed to the position/role/duty you want them to play. 

If you specifically train him as a mezzala after being trained as a playmaker, he may take some time to be fully acclimatised to that role, here, the specific role training you are giving him will help the attributes develop, but you will still need to have position/role/duty training in the general team training. If you move players around a lot which is something i do, then i would suggest having position/role duty as a feature for team training.

I understand the part about the general team training. I follow your model basically during preseason and early season in order to get full tactical familiarity with the training sessions. I did the same thing in FM19. However, in FM20 I think I noticed a change in terms of individual role training when the role chosen is different than the role the player is used in my tactic. 

I haven't changed the roles of my players in my tactic. I have pretty much used the same ones for the whole season. 

I've read through the thread and can't really see this subject discussed so please forgive me if I've missed it.

In previous iterations of the game I've always ignored the u23/reserves squad. It's essentially been used a section to manage players going out on loan or being sold at the end of the season. As a result, I've always had a deep u18 squad - around 30/32 players and these have played both the u23 & u18 fixtures.

The reasoning behind this was that anyone over the age of 18 wouldn't be at the club, or if they were, would be part of the first team. They'd either be sold or on loan. The u18s therefore would be getting a lot of games with some at a higher level. I'm pretty sure that I didn't need to do anything manual to make these u18s available for u23 fixtures and I would be able to focus resources on hiring coaches to get as close to 5 star training areas across the first and u18 squads - as there was no need for u23 coaches.

Is this approach still viable in FM20? Ie, can I sack off all the u23 coaches and manage my youth development solely via the u18 squad? If not, any suggestions on how to best utilise the u23/u18s squads in conjunction? Again, I'd rather that there were no players over 18 (at end of January) in the squad and they were either in first team or out on loan.

Edited by wige

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not quite sure how the points on attribute improvements convert to growth, but I've seen hyper focused schedules not produce much results so having a bit of gain everywhere seems more likely to generate overall improvements since any stat could improve.

A few key questions I have about training:

1.  Can focusing an attribute improve a strength or can it only cover up a weakness?  That is to say when you get the warning to change the individual training is that a warning that your training will be ineffective or is it suggesting another attribute might be more beneficial to how the coach wants to develop a player.  I'm not sure whether I should ignore these warnings and build players the way I want or heed them and build well rounded players to get more growth.

2.  Does playing a player at too high a level hurt their growth if they have good performance? 

3. Do match scores and overall ratings of a player have an effect on growth?

4. If we edit the U23 and U18 leagues to have high reputation will this allow players to grow to a later stage? Or does the fact that they all get treated as unofficial matches mean that reputation won't impact growth?  I'm looking for hacks to not have to loan players so that I can train them the way I want to.  I currently hate that sending players on loan tends to ruin their training as the AI teams don't have good routines. I also like doing well in the minor events like the U23 league and all the U18/U19 leagues and cups and such, which means I prefer to have complete teams of prospects for those leagues.

5. Is league reputation the relevant variable for growth that should be considered for loans in addition to playing time? That is to say am I better off lending players to the Spanish top league than other leagues because it's a 4.5 star league?

Edited by LordTC
Deleted content based on bad information

On 15/12/2019 at 03:43, Pedroig said:

The week of the match you want him playing CD, put him as CD in your tactic for the training sessions.  This helps quite a bit with tactical familiarity.  

Sorry, I know you posted this a while ago, but I’ve only just seen it.

Are you saying that choosing your lineup early (as opposed to deciding your lineup on match day) has an affect on those players’ development? Is this for certain? I’ve always thought it had no affect at all.

I guess it would kind of make sense, but would appreciate clarity from someone about this. 

Cheers.

On 16/01/2020 at 18:14, LordTC said:

1.  Can focusing an attribute improve a strength or can it only cover up a weakness?  That is to say when you get the warning to change the individual training is that a warning that your training will be ineffective or is it suggesting another attribute might be more beneficial to how the coach wants to develop a player.  I'm not sure whether I should ignore these warnings and build players the way I want or heed them and build well rounded players to get more growth.

2.  Does playing a player at too high a level hurt their growth if they have good performance? 

3. Do match scores and overall ratings of a player have an effect on growth?

4. If we edit the U23 and U18 leagues to have high reputation will this allow players to grow to a later stage? Or does the fact that they all get treated as unofficial matches mean that reputation won't impact growth?  I'm looking for hacks to not have to loan players so that I can train them the way I want to.  I currently hate that sending players on loan tends to ruin their training as the AI teams don't have good routines. I also like doing well in the minor events like the U23 league and all the U18/U19 leagues and cups and such, which means I prefer to have complete teams of prospects for those leagues.

5. Is league reputation the relevant variable for growth that should be considered for loans in addition to playing time? That is to say am I better off lending players to the Spanish top league than other leagues because it's a 4.5 star league?

1. I don't know that either. I usually change it as i perceive that player has hit temporary plateau, but sometimes I do keep it the same.

2. In my experience, no.

3. Overall ratings are part of the equation in determining how your players will develop.

4. I don't know, I don't mess with editor ever.

5. Players need to play at appropriate level in order to get better ratings.  But you can get away playing them at your team if you have strong team. Just don't overdo it as your results might suffer.On FM19 I had 17 yo player who wasn't ready to play in Serie A but I played him and he was getting good ratings because he played in strong team. So his development was good until I loaned him to PSV year later. He played whole season for them with overall rating about 6,5. He returned pretty much the same player practically losing a year in his development. 

1: We know that HODY and Facilities are important for better Youth intake but does SCOUTS, U19 Manager, U19 Coaches, Do they have any impact on how Youth Intake?

2: U19 Coaches have "Judging Player Ability and Judging Player Potential" Does these have any impact on Youth Intake or Youth training overall? 

3: What attributes should matter when hiring a U19 Coach, How do they effect U19 players traning?

Edited by sverige91

Long time player of the game, so felt confident enough to do my own thing with the training focusing on the attributes and style of play I deem important.

However a couple of questions I've always had (skimmed through the thread and haven't seen them answered already):

1. What is the sort of training rating you should/can achieve? You obviously have the different colour ratings as an indicator, and most of my players each week are rating higher than 7 and some between 8 - 8.5 (highest I have seen is 8.85 iirc) and are happy with training and developing ok, was wondering what others achieve and if I should be striving/it's possible for this to be higher still?

2. Does the balance in numbers between your attacking and defending units matter? If for example I have a save where the tactics are possession based then I tend to put most of my players in the attacking unit to work possession-related attributes and tactical stuff. But in theory that would mean e.g. with sessions like defending from the front or playing out from the back there would be a huge mismatch, like half a dozen defenders vs. double that and more attackers. My point being do you pay a penalty for that and is training less effective?

Edited by mp_87

On 17/01/2020 at 01:14, LordTC said:

I'm not sure whether I should ignore these warnings and build players the way I want or heed them and build well rounded players to get more growth.

Entirely up to you, I reckon its working off an algorithm that suggests that to perform said role the player has reached the attributes needed through the gains provided from that additional focus training. Personally I tend to leave them there for as long as I like. It does run the risk of making players unhappy, but I have not found this to be too serious.

.  Does playing a player at too high a level hurt their growth if they have good performance? 

A player still needs time to train off the field as well. Playing him non stop can run the risk of injury. So when they are young you want to be careful not to overplay them.

Do match scores and overall ratings of a player have an effect on growth?

Yes.

I'm looking for hacks to not have to loan players so that I can train them the way I want to

I don't hack the game so I won't be able to help you I am afraid.

Is league reputation the relevant variable for growth that should be considered for loans in addition to playing time? That is to say am I better off lending players to the Spanish top league than other leagues because it's a 4.5 star league?

Reputation plays a part but facilities and playing time are more important. If he goes on loan to a club with poor facilities when he doesnt play and trains, he doesn't benefit nearly as much as he would at a place with good facilities.

On 21/01/2020 at 19:26, sverige91 said:

SCOUTS, U19 Manager, U19 Coaches, Do they have any impact on how Youth Intake?

Scouts help to identify, not to train, the rest influence intake.

On 21/01/2020 at 19:26, sverige91 said:

2: U19 Coaches have "Judging Player Ability and Judging Player Potential" Does these have any impact on Youth Intake or Youth training overall? 

3: What attributes should matter when hiring a U19 Coach, How do they effect U19 players traning?

Their attributes are more important and to see what attributes they affect, mouseover the name of each session. It will indicate which attributes are influenced.

On 23/01/2020 at 20:43, mp_87 said:

was wondering what others achieve and if I should be striving/it's possible for this to be higher still?

I have received a 10 and I am usually happy with anything above 8.

On 23/01/2020 at 20:43, mp_87 said:

Does the balance in numbers between your attacking and defending units matter?

I do think it should matter, there has to be a minimum value for it to be effective. However I am not sure about this.

On 25/12/2019 at 00:49, yonko said:

I understand the part about the general team training. I follow your model basically during preseason and early season in order to get full tactical familiarity with the training sessions. I did the same thing in FM19. However, in FM20 I think I noticed a change in terms of individual role training when the role chosen is different than the role the player is used in my tactic. 

I haven't changed the roles of my players in my tactic. I have pretty much used the same ones for the whole season. 

i have the same problem, been playing all season with same roles but the tactical familiarity is low, if a player let's say a defender is trained as ball playing defender and i use him as central defender the bar of the tactical familiarity is competent or at best accomplished. so my question is you have to train the same role tha you use a player in your tactic in order the player to gain tactical familiarity ? 

I have a question about Influence, How to players get "Significant" influence?
I have two saves: In Barcelona save my Sergi Roberto is Highly Influential Player his influence when mentoring youngster is Significant
In other Villarreal save my Mario Gaspar and Albiol are also Highly Influential Players but their influence level is Average
So my question which factors come in to play for get "Significant" Influence for players in  Highly Influential Players group?

On 28/01/2020 at 00:02, fmjeros said:

i have the same problem, been playing all season with same roles but the tactical familiarity is low, if a player let's say a defender is trained as ball playing defender and i use him as central defender the bar of the tactical familiarity is competent or at best accomplished. so my question is you have to train the same role tha you use a player in your tactic in order the player to gain tactical familiarity ? 

When you go to a specific players Development> Training page you can  see a panel to the right which breaks down his tactical familiarity, with the position/role/duty for a specific tactic. Sometimes the Position/Role/Duty could be for the wrong position. I find that this is the most common reason why people don't see it changing. I don't train the same role, I just make sure that the tactical familiarity bar reflects the position I am training him for.

16 hours ago, Rashidi said:

When you go to a specific players Development> Training page you can  see a panel to the right which breaks down his tactical familiarity, with the position/role/duty for a specific tactic. Sometimes the Position/Role/Duty could be for the wrong position. I find that this is the most common reason why people don't see it changing. I don't train the same role, I just make sure that the tactical familiarity bar reflects the position I am training him for.

BPD.thumb.png.9d90157975b55d0bd08c49d5662222b7.png

He has been training for two years now as a ball playing defender and i use him as a central defender. As you can see the tactical familiarity bar is accomplished, his position/Role/Duty is the right one 

1. Which option is best when mentoring via "Welcome"? There are almost 4 options, Is there any explantion on them? 

2. Can a "Significant mentor" be injured and still mentor in that group? 

3. Assistant manager is always change mentorings group of players:

- How much should i really pay attention to that? 

- If a change his mentoring group from 1 to 2 and then after some months again put him in 1, Does the mentoring time restart? (I read that it takes up to 6 months to see a change) 

4. My Team leader right now is in "Other" social group, Can he still mentor young players in Core or other social groups? 

5. If players are in same social group, Can mentoring go faster that way? 

6. Does SCOUTS influence Youth intake? If yes, Should we always sign scouts who have in "Working with youngsters"? 

Edited by sverige91

• 2 weeks later...

@Rashidi Can you please answer my question above, because i couldnt find the information, i am looking for:

Additional Question: Should a Mentor have higher CA then the players he is mentoring or the only thing that matters is "Influence"

In wrote this to in a some post above:

I have a question about Influence, How to players get "Significant" influence?
I have two saves: In Barcelona save my Sergi Roberto is Highly Influential Player his influence when mentoring youngster is Significant
In other Villarreal save my Mario Gaspar and Albiol are also Highly Influential Players but their influence level is Average
So my question which factors come in to play for get "Significant" Influence for players in  Highly Influential Players group?

• 2 weeks later...

@Rashidi

Does anyone know if the match preparation focus stacks? For exp if i make 2 sessions of match preparation: attacking movement does the increase to movement and passing stack from the 2 sessions or is it just 1 effect per match? Also can you combine all match preparations for boost to both attacking and defensive movement?

Edited by FM1000

11 hours ago, FM1000 said:

Does anyone know if the match preparation focus stacks? For exp if i make 2 sessions of match preparation: attacking movement does the increase to movement and passing stack from the 2 sessions or is it just 1 effect per match?

Match preparation sessions do not stack. So if you set 2 attacking movement sessions (for example), the effect will be as if it was only 1.

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/02/2020 at 22:14, Experienced Defender said:

Match preparation sessions do not stack. So if you set 2 attacking movement sessions (for example), the effect will be as if it was only 1.

Is this the case on FM19 as well ? I always believed Match Prep did stack.