Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Rashidi

FM2019 - The Unofficially Official Training and Mentoring Guide

Recommended Posts

I have one exaxact question:

I have pasqueta (21, resolute, determination 17) and bueanaventura (30, spirited, determination 15)

 

Would you put pasqueta in bonaventuras tutoring group? AND does it lower pasquetas determination???

 

My assistent asked me to do so, but when i did pasquetas determination lowered really fast after it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 22/03/2019 at 09:14, Cleon said:

All squads can now create mentoring units. However players still need to be in the relative squads. I.e you can't have a senior player who is in the first team squad be in a mentoring unit for the reserve team. However you can move the player to the reserve team and then him be able to do that.

The change that was implemented just added mentoring to the reserves and under squads. It didn't remove the restrictions.

That's odd, I can't create them in my game for the U21 and U18 (Arsenal). 

 

EDIT: Ok, just checked my game, just started my second season (19.3.3) and now I do see the mentoring for U18 and U21. Could have sworn it wasn't there when I started my game (19.3)

Edited by Vilmar
Adding info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, peacemaker said:

I have one exaxact question:

I have pasqueta (21, resolute, determination 17) and bueanaventura (30, spirited, determination 15)

 

Would you put pasqueta in bonaventuras tutoring group? AND does it lower pasquetas determination???

 

My assistent asked me to do so, but when i did pasquetas determination lowered really fast after it...

This gives you a detailed reply and explains why it happens 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vilmar said:

That's odd, I can't create them in my game for the U21 and U18 (Arsenal). 

 

EDIT: Ok, just checked my game, just started my second season (19.3.3) and now I do see the mentoring for U18 and U21. Could have sworn it wasn't there when I started my game (19.3)

Yeah it was there initially, then I think it got removed for 19.3, people complained, then they added it back in in the last update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cleon said:

This gives you a detailed reply and explains why it happens 

 

i just read that yesterday. But it dont explains evertything, i just want an opinion on that exact topic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, peacemaker said:

i just read that yesterday. But it dont explains evertything, i just want an opinion on that exact topic

It explains exactly what you asked. It tells you if there's a chance of Pasquetas determination dropping by explaining how mentoring units work. I think you might need to read it again as it seems you didn't understand it the first time around. It's all about who influences the unit, which the article explains in detail and even shows examples.

And if it turns out his determination has an high chance of dropping because of being pulled down by the rest of the mentoring unit, or because he doesn't have a high influence over the unit, then it comes down to personal preference if you risk it or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/03/2019 at 06:13, peacemaker said:

I have one exaxact question:

I have pasqueta (21, resolute, determination 17) and bueanaventura (30, spirited, determination 15)

 

Would you put pasqueta in bonaventuras tutoring group? AND does it lower pasquetas determination???

 

My assistent asked me to do so, but when i did pasquetas determination lowered really fast after it...

I would ask yourself, why do you want Pasqueta in Bonaventura's tutoring group? What positive outcome are you hoping for? If you can't answer that question then that's probably your answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm confused a little about training rating. I assumed it meant effort given in training and was a little unhappy to see my 33 year old captain as the worst performer. I'd think he would set the standard. However, after reading the OP it is based on attribute development and morale. So I guess it makes sense that a 33 year old would be on the decline. Is the 'attitude/effort' towards training not represented in training rating then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/03/2019 at 22:58, brookie1402 said:

I'm confused a little about training rating. I assumed it meant effort given in training and was a little unhappy to see my 33 year old captain as the worst performer. I'd think he would set the standard. However, after reading the OP it is based on attribute development and morale. So I guess it makes sense that a 33 year old would be on the decline. Is the 'attitude/effort' towards training not represented in training rating then?

That would be covered by the morale part :thup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been wondering for a while about what to do with older and 'declining' players, and the best course of action to take with them. On a previous save I always gave them Playing Position training and individual focus on Agility and Balance (attempting to simulate light sessions and yoga, I suppose) but this save around I've given them just the Playing Position training and no focus whatsoever. I know things will be different for individual players like but I just wondered if there was an optimum maybe or accepted way to prolong a career? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I ask if I leave a player on position training as individual, and he has several position he can play, is there any chance to let him train a specific one I want? or is just leaving without a role is a waste?thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi it is possible to train my team like in the previous fm ? i mean one schedule for pre season and the same for the rest of the season ? because for what i understand i need to get manually every week my training ... ( sorry for my english ) and i'm a bit lazy ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kroquette said:

hi it is possible to train my team like in the previous fm ? i mean one schedule for pre season and the same for the rest of the season ? because for what i understand i need to get manually every week my training ... ( sorry for my english ) and i'm a bit lazy ^^

You can just have your assistant manager take care of it and not alter anything, its in staff responsibilities. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May I ask how to put players in different squad into mentoring group? The latest update said that you can now do that but I don't see any options in-game that allow you to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, darthzero said:

May I ask how to put players in different squad into mentoring group? The latest update said that you can now do that but I don't see any options in-game that allow you to do so.

You can't. The change you saw in the update was one that allowed all squads to have mentoring units. But the players still need to be in the relevant squads. So u18's, first team, reserves etc can all now have mentoring units. However you can't have a first team player in the reserve mentoring units unless you put him in the reserve squad and so on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutos atrás, Rashidi disse:

Why don't you stick them up as images so more people can benefit?

 

I can't change the language of my game, I tried, but it doesn't change from Portuguese even with steam on english. That's why I don't post images.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a look at them they are all good, just don't forget to give them a physical session and/or a specific fitness one like Resistance, Quickness. Your Technical one is good, its good because i ignored that one myself. The challenge for most people is balancing the schedules out.

You can conceivably create a balanced one using only the general sessions in large part and a few of the Unit training sessions, or you can create customised ones, which try and balance them. I find that over the course of a season i get less injuries and balanced development following a few guidelines. 

1. Training should be phased. In the early part of a season you need tactical familiarity to go up so general sessions and those that give you tactical familiarity are valuable. The sooner a team comes to terms with the system, the easier it is on the pitch. A side that has been together for a long time needs a short time to achieve this. Can you stay on a schedule like that for the entire season. Yes.  As the season heads into late season you can dial down the intensity of your sessions. This is easy to tell by checking the intensity 

Condition1.thumb.jpg.4cf1f51c31c3bdea8ec9dc353f88c0fb.jpg

This is quite intensive it has two physical sessions and not enough rest slots. During periods where i feel the team needs to dial it down, 721757208_Conditions3.thumb.jpg.250aa585e2b64d30dcedc4a80ddfae10.jpg

i may lower intensity from a squad view, or i can create one with extra rest sessions. You can check the Fatigue indicator in the schedule to guide you or just use common sense.

2. I add in match preparation sessions every week

3. I follow the structure of the default training page. So if it shows possession, tactical, attacking, attacking defending, that's what i do. If i feel that my team needs a specific focus then i will focus more on that area.

Last season on my Kop Diaries I wanted to focus strongly on the mental development of my players, it went well with the majority of players getting improvements in off the ball, decisions and vision. Training is simple, you need to know what your team needs, either give it to the assistant manager and then make small little additions to give it the flavour you want. The default schedules are very good.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If i set up a full year shedule in preseason 1? will it just continue to roll over year on year (bar 2022 with the WC spanner)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

If i set up a full year shedule in preseason 1? will it just continue to roll over year on year (bar 2022 with the WC spanner)

nope. new season new training schedule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/04/2019 at 11:01, wkdsoul said:

If i set up a full year shedule in preseason 1? will it just continue to roll over year on year (bar 2022 with the WC spanner)

Sadly, no. You use to be able to set training 3-4 times a year, now it's every week. It might be more realistic, but it's a PITA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/04/2019 at 16:27, Rashidi said:

3. I follow the structure of the default training page. So if it shows possession, tactical, attacking, attacking defending, that's what i do. If i feel that my team needs a specific focus then i will focus more on that area.

I might try something like this, seems like an intresting idea. So, do you have your own schedules for each or you just edit defaults?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, yolixeya said:

I might try something like this, seems like an intresting idea. So, do you have your own schedules for each or you just edit defaults?

 

Presently I am playing other saves and I just use the default schedules but add a few more sessions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Rashidi

What do you sacrifice when you have midweek matches on Tuesday or Wednesday? Can you give an example with a screenshot? I assume some of the repetitive sessions go away like Attacking Patiently for example.

Also, in those cases would you add a session on a day after match to go along with a Recovery session? So for example, instead of Recovery - Rest - Rest then it will be something like Recover - Possession - Rest after match day.

I see that the schedules you have created are always based on Saturday games. Do you manually thinker with the schedule when you play on other days or do you let the game automatically add Match + Match Preview + Recovery?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, yonko said:

@Rashidi

What do you sacrifice when you have midweek matches on Tuesday or Wednesday? Can you give an example with a screenshot? I assume some of the repetitive sessions go away like Attacking Patiently for example.

Also, in those cases would you add a session on a day after match to go along with a Recovery session? So for example, instead of Recovery - Rest - Rest then it will be something like Recover - Possession - Rest after match day.

I see that the schedules you have created are always based on Saturday games. Do you manually thinker with the schedule when you play on other days or do you let the game automatically add Match + Match Preview + Recovery?

First thing I do is I lower intensity for most of the first team. They usually are on half intensity. Training may not be as important. So I tend to focus more on specific sessions like Shadowplay, and I add match prep and I try not to overload my players during that team. Match prep stuff like preview and review, and set piece training. And after a match almost always recovery/rest/recovery. Sometimes with lower intensity I can actually avoid changing my schedule too much by just lowering individual intensity for players

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rashidi said:

First thing I do is I lower intensity for most of the first team. They usually are on half intensity. Training may not be as important. So I tend to focus more on specific sessions like Shadowplay, and I add match prep and I try not to overload my players during that team. Match prep stuff like preview and review, and set piece training. And after a match almost always recovery/rest/recovery. Sometimes with lower intensity I can actually avoid changing my schedule too much by just lowering individual intensity for players

 

Thanks for the quick reply.

Can you show some examples of that with screenshots when you get a chance? For example from your Liverpool save. I know you talk a lot about that during Phase 2 when the schedule is congested the training is different but I haven't seen examples what it looks like exactly.

If you play with a top team or successful team, then majority of your season you play 2-3 games a week. Which doesn't leave much room for improvement though training as the match schedule is really congested and training needs to be balanced to avoid injuries, especially to key players.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rashidi said:

Yonko.png

What do you think about including a match prep session (say Attacking Movement) on Monday between Recovery and Match Preview? And what about including another session on Wednesday like general Possession or something else with low physical demand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 'recommended' training provided by the coach/Assistant is influenced by Tactical setup correct?

 

So, what does it do if you create a custom set up? In my case I'm getting recommendations as if I had set up a control possession tactic. On the training screen it offers me three buttons when I click on the main tactic, but each of these three buttons are blank. I get the feeling these buttons are meant to link the custom tactic to a type of style to influence the training recommendations, but I might be wrong here. Any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, isignedupfornorealreason said:

The 'recommended' training provided by the coach/Assistant is influenced by Tactical setup correct?

Yes.

26 minutes ago, isignedupfornorealreason said:

So, what does it do if you create a custom set up? In my case I'm getting recommendations as if I had set up a control possession tactic. On the training screen it offers me three buttons when I click on the main tactic, but each of these three buttons are blank. I get the feeling these buttons are meant to link the custom tactic to a type of style to influence the training recommendations, but I might be wrong here. Any ideas?

Any chance of a screenshot so we can see what exactly you're talking about without having to boot up our own games?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, zlatanera said:

Any chance of a screenshot so we can see what exactly you're talking about without having to boot up our own games?

Ask and ye shall receive:

Manchester United_  Overview.png

 

Edit: The recommended weekly training is via the e-mails though, but I'm more interested in how to set what type of 'style' the custom tactic is, so I get more suitable recommendations if that makes sense.

Edited by isignedupfornorealreason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, yonko said:

What do you think about including a match prep session (say Attacking Movement) on Monday between Recovery and Match Preview? And what about including another session on Wednesday like general Possession or something else with low physical demand?

Its perfectly fine, just monitor the individual players from the "Rest" section of training to check the physio's recommendation and just adjust individual intensity when needed.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, isignedupfornorealreason said:

Ask and ye shall receive:

Manchester United_  Overview.png

 

Edit: The recommended weekly training is via the e-mails though, but I'm more interested in how to set what type of 'style' the custom tactic is, so I get more suitable recommendations if that makes sense.

Yeah I thought that was the bit you meant, just wanted to be sure. I saved my two tactics on my current save so that drop-down looks like this:

1824739787_Screenshot2019-05-01at11_44_05.thumb.png.44d674e246aed86b74b006599a355f98.png

Do you have all 3 slots filled, or just one? Because if you don't have all 3 filled then that might be a slight bug in how its displayed. But its never going to tell you what your style is closest to.

For that, you have to constantly select your training style on those weekly e-mails, and look for the recommended one. When it recommends a particular tactical style that's what you're closest to. For example, I play Attacking with a high press and it recommends me Gegenpress. I rarely ever do that training though as its too intense in a busy season for my liking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zlatanera said:

When it recommends a particular tactical style that's what you're closest to.

Yes, just the one tactic.

 

Interesting. I play balanced 4-4-2 and it recommends Control, Possession most of the time. It maybe isn't the first style that comes to mind, but hey, if it works. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, isignedupfornorealreason said:

Yes, just the one tactic.

 

Interesting. I play balanced 4-4-2 and it recommends Control, Possession most of the time. It maybe isn't the first style that comes to mind, but hey, if it works. :)

I think it’s mostly to do with PIs and TIs rather than formation. I use the same TIs and back four in five different combos now and it always recommends gegenpress

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/05/2019 at 15:11, isignedupfornorealreason said:

Interesting. I play balanced 4-4-2 and it recommends Control, Possession most of the time. It maybe isn't the first style that comes to mind, but hey, if it works. :)

Does it matter what your Assistant Manager prefers? It used to be gegenpress for me and now is vertical tiki-taka. I did use highpress a lot more before but I also changed AM and wonder did that also influence it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any stuff out there for FM Touch? I've just bought FM Touch 19, and the training is, as you'd expect, slimmed down from the full game. There's only one type of squad training (the general stuff like defence, attack etc.) and the control of an individual player's training. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Astafjevs said:

Is there any stuff out there for FM Touch? I've just bought FM Touch 19, and the training is, as you'd expect, slimmed down from the full game. There's only one type of squad training (the general stuff like defence, attack etc.) and the control of an individual player's training. 

Sounds pretty much like how it was on older FMs, so just look at advice for those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry if this question was asked before: how long does it take for a training schedule to be effective? Example: I'm gonna play a team I want to be very offensive and quick against, with high pressing and wide play. If I set a specific training schedule for that week, will I get benefits for the upcoming game immediatly?

If I'm gonna face a team very strong on set pieces, focusing a week on defensive set-pieces will help my team for the following match? (not avoiding them at all of course, but probably doing better than it could do setting a general training schedule)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/05/2019 at 14:11, isignedupfornorealreason said:

Yes, just the one tactic.

 

Interesting. I play balanced 4-4-2 and it recommends Control, Possession most of the time. It maybe isn't the first style that comes to mind, but hey, if it works. :)

 

On 01/05/2019 at 14:19, zlatanera said:

I think it’s mostly to do with PIs and TIs rather than formation. I use the same TIs and back four in five different combos now and it always recommends gegenpress

- The game calculates what style your tactic is closest to and uses that.

On 17/05/2019 at 17:04, yolixeya said:

Does it matter what your Assistant Manager prefers? It used to be gegenpress for me and now is vertical tiki-taka. I did use highpress a lot more before but I also changed AM and wonder did that also influence it.

- Yes, Assistant Manager preference will influence his training decisions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...