Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community

Recommended Posts

So I started a Nottingham Forest save to continue into the main game as the Beta seems not so bug filled. I had originally tried to impliment my way of playing (A quick passing 3313) but after that rather ambitious plan failed, i switched to a more sane 433. Same style of play, one that normally leads to goals at both ends led us on a run of poor preformances and scraped wins. So I looked at the squad report to see if the issue was the players. Short story, it was. They are neither suited or unsuited to my style. So after looking at the report, I saw we had good dribblers and technical players in generall, a lot of CB's, few strikers and good wide players. So I created a 343. Preformances have been mixed. We've not been great, but we've not been poor either. A win, a draw and a loss so far while using it. So what I ask is: where can I improve the system?

36FE02F364217E4A2C9F00BB3BFDD73B79CC1602 (1366Ã768)The idea is to try and defend in a tight mid block, forcing teams to play over us to our fairly quick and decent in the air CB's (particularly Diagne) or play through us, where we press aggresively  before looking to counter quickly through the wide spaces, trying to find space in the channels for either a cross or a shot. Wingers have been told to roam. Any help appreciated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Firstly I have to discredit you for using F*rest. Up the Rams.

But on a more helpful note, I'm running a 343 with Racing Club pretty well atm, but mine is slightly more high pressing/block than yours. Not at my laptop atm, I will provide screenshots later if youd like?

Its a little like this:

DLF-S

RDM-A W-S

DLP-D B2B-S

WB-S IWB-A

BPD-D CD-C BPD-D

SK-S

I have no PIs, and look for the right underlap and left overlap, we play out of defence and (I think) pass into space. We counter, counter press and distribute to centre backs. We have much higher d-lines and lines of engagement, with the most intense pressing, offside trap, PSGD and tight marking.

I have had brief success in a trial save with the far superior Derby County where we played the highest d-line, offside trap and most urgent pressing, but the deepest line of engagement and narrow d-width. It made us very compact and hard to break down, we just lacked options on the break on occasions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OJ403 said:

Firstly I have to discredit you for using F*rest. Up the Rams.

But on a more helpful note, I'm running a 343 with Racing Club pretty well atm, but mine is slightly more high pressing/block than yours. Not at my laptop atm, I will provide screenshots later if youd like?

Its a little like this:

DLF-S

RDM-A W-S

DLP-D B2B-S

WB-S IWB-A

BPD-D CD-C BPD-D

SK-S

I have no PIs, and look for the right underlap and left overlap, we play out of defence and (I think) pass into space. We counter, counter press and distribute to centre backs. We have much higher d-lines and lines of engagement, with the most intense pressing, offside trap, PSGD and tight marking.

I have had brief success in a trial save with the far superior Derby County where we played the highest d-line, offside trap and most urgent pressing, but the deepest line of engagement and narrow d-width. It made us very compact and hard to break down, we just lacked options on the break sometimes

In bold is the main issue. But I’ll take your idea on board. Only thing is we don’t have any raumdeuters so I’ll play a IF-A instead with PI’s. Thanks for the help

 

Also I did win in the derby incase your wondering

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, SmileFaceGamer said:

Also I did win in the derby incase your wondering

Thats the sort of thing that can only happen in FM...

Maybe you could combat the lack of options by not telling your players to counter and maybe give some of your front 3 really passive PIs, like ease off tackles, or the lowest closing down? Not sure if it'd work or not though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OJ403 said:

Thats the sort of thing that can only happen in FM...

Maybe you could combat the lack of options by not telling your players to counter and maybe give some of your front 3 really passive PIs, like ease off tackles, or the lowest closing down? Not sure if it'd work or not though

Yeah. One possible  idea your post did give me was increasing the line of engagement so our players are further forward, especially if we win the ball in the Forward line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SmileFaceGamer said:

The idea is to try and defend in a tight mid block, forcing teams to play over us to our fairly quick and decent in the air CB's (particularly Diagne) or play through us, where we press aggresively  before looking to counter quickly through the wide spaces, trying to find space in the channels for either a cross or a shot. Wingers have been told to roam. Any help appreciated

Huh... If I correctly understood what you want to achieve, one possible way could be this (the formation remains unchanged):

DLFa

IFs                                   Wa

BWMd    APMs

WBa                            IWBd

CDc   BPDst   CDc

SKs/d

(depending on his attributes)

Instructions you should remove (in my opinion) - run at defence, work into box, overlaps (both), much higher tempo, extremely wide, higher d-line, lower LOE, extremely urgent, stuck in (not sure about offside trap). Actually, most of your instructions seem superfluous to me. Advice - start with as few instructions and possible, watch your matches and see if (and which) adjustments are needed in terms of adding/removing certain instructions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

Huh... If I correctly understood what you want to achieve, one possible way could be this (the formation remains unchanged):

DLFa

IFs                                   Wa

BWMd    APMs

WBa                            IWBd

CDc   BPDst   CDc

SKs/d

(depending on his attributes)

Instructions you should remove (in my opinion) - run at defence, work into box, overlaps (both), much higher tempo, extremely wide, higher d-line, lower LOE, extremely urgent, stuck in (not sure about offside trap). Actually, most of your instructions seem superfluous to me. Advice - start with as few instructions and possible, watch your matches and see if (and which) adjustments are needed in terms of adding/removing certain instructions.

I second this. To try to play with as few instructions as possible at the start is the key in my opinion. If you have a clear idea of how you want your team to play I think that you will notice pretty quickly where you'll need to make your adjustments. Good luck :thup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...