Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
vandamme22

Attacking mentality

Hi

I am trying to implement a attacking tactic with the goal to play with high tempo and running at the defence through middle. So no possession play or playing down the wings or counter attacking the opponent is the goal.

I would like to achieve this with the attacking mentality (controll is more for possession) and not with modifing the TI's.

I take Juventus and I don't really know If I have the right players with the right attributes to play this attacking style:

JuventusF.C._Comparison.png

JuventusF.C._Comparison-2.png

JuventusF.C._Comparison-3.png

JuventusF.C._Comparison-4.png

So my next question is which formations and roles (duties) are best to play this:

Is it possible with a top heavy formation like 4-2-3-1 or a narrow formation like 4-3-1-2?

Also when I play away it should be the same tactic.

I ve read a lot of threads, but didnt find answers to my question. Possession and counter attacking are very popular, but I will play a attacking game without possession play or sitting deep and countering the opponent.

thx

2 hours ago, vandamme22 said:

So my next question is which formations and roles (duties) are best to play this:

Is it possible with a top heavy formation like 4-2-3-1 or a narrow formation like 4-3-1-2?

Also when I play away it should be the same tactic.

I ve read a lot of threads, but didnt find answers to my question. Possession and counter attacking are very popular, but I will play a attacking game without possession play or sitting deep and countering the opponent.

To play attacking football you need to have the ball first.  Attacking football isn\t a style of play. It's a mean to an ends. You can have attacking football while playing counter or by keeping the ball. I can assume you want to score lots of goals. Any formation can be used. You\re playing a juventus so your squad can play a 4-3-3 a 4-2-3-1 3-4-3 if needs be. 

What shape you use is all down to you. In terms of instruction to use to accomplish this, you need a bit more than i want to play attacking football.