African Regens and lower leagues

so, i know that at the start there is a Work Permit system in the lowers leagues of england, conference and league 2 are obviously going to run full british teams, but after league 1 teams start to actually spend over 1M for players, i was wondering if anyone have got a wonderkid from africa and actually field him at leagues lowers than championship, because when i got the PL was when i realized that you can see youth intakes from other teams, including africa, since FM19 is around the corner i though to myself, "can i actually get a work permit for this guys when im in say League 2 by just offering them wages over the & to get 3 points in the WP system, since i read somewhere that even with 3 points, if the player is a hot prospect (in the range of good enough for PL mid table)  he can get the WP, is this possible or im just getting my hopes way too up for a free 5 africans per season and selling them all to PL Sides for 2M+ as a L2 side (or even conference side)

I would suggest looking for regens in French speaking African countries as sometimes they will have France as a second nationality.

I was once granted a WP for a Caribbean teenage defender whilst in the lower leagues who was a beast, but he was probably already playing at international level.

hace 3 horas, Ropo dijo:

I would suggest looking for regens in French speaking African countries as sometimes they will have France as a second nationality.

I was once granted a WP for a Caribbean teenage defender whilst in the lower leagues who was a beast, but he was probably already playing at international level.

im actually looking for africans from africa, since those normally cost a lot less than 100k even free

hace 3 horas, improvox dijo:

I guess the difficulty you will find is that you may not be able to afford to send scouts to Africa if you are league 1, 2 or conference teams

i can get away with offering trials to "scout" them, since they will most likely try their hand at a possible england team contract than rotting in the Seychelles lower leagues

in my Worcester save in 17 i got myself this guy while i was in the championship and i got him for free from KSA

since he was a hot prospect he got the permit...i think...or was it because i got to PL? can't remember, but if i got someone like him as a League 1 or 2 team that could have been the best

Jean Tayou_ Vista general Perfil-2.png

What I meant was - there are plenty of African players with European second nationalities, playing in Africa, who do not need a work permit in England due to their dual nationality. 

I believe the work permit rule is generally based around whether a player has played in 70% of his national team’s last 10/12 games (might have changed since I heard this). 

Good luck! 

hace 6 minutos, Ropo dijo:

What I meant was - there are plenty of African players with European second nationalities, playing in Africa, who do not need a work permit in England due to their dual nationality. 

I believe the work permit rule is generally based around whether a player has played in 70% of his national team’s last 10/12 games (might have changed since I heard this). 

Good luck! 

those are normally worth more than 1M and thats too much for a L2 or L1 side, i get your point but thats not really what i was asking.

im looking for the regens from african teams those normally leave their players at non contract and one can just offer them a contract and thats it, worse case scenario you have to make a 100K bid, the thing is, i never signed a player that my scouts said that he could not get a work permit, and like someone else said, my scouting range will never get to africa in L2 or L1 so i can get around that with Trial contract, but i don't know if they can get a work permit because of them being a Hot prospect like it happened to the player from the screenshot

Archived