Sports Interactive Community
bowieinspace

FM19 Athletic Club - Aupa!

LaLiga Santander

oZTpQwr.png

Very decent first season at Athletic. Champions League football will be great for boosting the reputation and the bank balance. Barcelona was unstoppable and got to the CL final, unfortunately, they were beaten by PSG. Real Madrid and Atletico also got to the semi-finals so it was a good performance from the Spanish sides.

Unfortunately, Aduriz retired at the end of the first season so it'll be hard to replace his goals. As a result, I have purchased quite a few young strikers for the long term. I also let Mikel Rico, Balenziaga and Raul Garcia leave at the end of their contracts.

Transfers

Rafa Álvarez - £10m from Barcelona

vyweHvH.png

I'm really excited by this guy. Great to take a young prospect from Barcelona. He will be a key player in the midfield for many years to come I am sure.

Enrique Alfaro - £500,000 from Gijon.

dTX725M.png

Looks as though he could be a decent wing back. Love his physicals and he's nice and tall for a 16-year-old. I hope his technical attributes improve but I am sure he will become a first-team player in the coming years.

Iñaki Martínez - £400,000 from Osasuna.

PhtTOk6.png

I like the look of this guy. He has a couple of nice attributes in nice areas but is still a bit raw. I have plenty of young strikers on the conveyor belt so we'll see if he makes it to the first team. I'm sure he'll be a useful player for us.

Miguel - £500,000 from Getafe.

UOv3zxH.png

This guy looks okay. Not sure if he'll make it into the first team in all honesty. He has a lot of developing to do.

Pepe Aguirre - on loan initially, but will join permanently for £1.8m from Getafe.

GwekKba.png

I think this lad could be brilliant. He will be trained as a striker. He has some really nice attributes, I love his first touch, technique and his physicals. Improving his personality will be a priority, but a key player for the future hopefully.

Youth Intake

Eneko Calvillo

qCueBT8.png

What an absolute gem. He is going to be world class. 6'5", 17 flair, 16 off the ball and a professional personality at the age of 16? Yes, please. He has the potential to be one of the best players of his generation.

Jon Garmendia

G1UHNTl.png

He is quite raw but I can see him having the potential to be a first team player for us. Very consistent performer which is always a bonus.

Eneko Dulce

8BAO8um.png

I love his physicals. However, his technical and mental attributes need a lot of work.

Aims for next season

Losing Aduriz is a big blow, so top 4 and qualification for the Champions League is the target. I feel we have the quality to potentially get to the quarterfinals of the Champions League, let's hope we get an easy group.

So, after almost 4 months of not playing FM I was drawn back to the game and started a save with Athletic.

Struggle to find a consistent tactic and nailed it down only around December. Nevertheless, we've displayed an impressive defensive performances and so we won a lot of games 1-0 and currently sitting 3rd only 2 points off the top place (a surprising Valencia).

As of now, just after the winter market, my squad is the following:

GK: Remiro, Simón

DR: De Marcos, Capa

DC: Yeray, I. Martinez, D. Garcia (released by Osasuna), Núñez

DL: Yuri, Ghanea (had to sell Balenziaga as he was moaning for first-team football)

DM: Iturraspe, San José

MC: Beñat, D. García, R. Garcia, Rico

AMR: Williams, Susaeta

AML: Muniain, Cordoba

ST: Aduriz, Bautista (transfer-listed and unhappy by Sociedad so I managed to sign him).

Raul García will be shipped off at the end of the season as he's asking outrageous wages and he doesn't really fit my system. Sociedad is having an awful season and they are currently 20th, pretty sure they'll go down. Hopefully this will allow me to make signings there regardless of the rivalry, Merino is my main target.

Aduriz is really struggling, so will have to invent something for next year. I use a PF so Villalibre could fit but I'm scared of facing the Liga and Champions with Bautista and Villalibre as my strikers.

I'm writing this from my phone, will post some screenshots at the end of the season.

Aúpa Athletic!!

On 06/02/2019 at 17:00, Otis said:

LaLiga Santander

oZTpQwr.png

Very decent first season at Athletic. Champions League football will be great for boosting the reputation and the bank balance. Barcelona was unstoppable and got to the CL final, unfortunately, they were beaten by PSG. Real Madrid and Atletico also got to the semi-finals so it was a good performance from the Spanish sides.

Unfortunately, Aduriz retired at the end of the first season so it'll be hard to replace his goals. As a result, I have purchased quite a few young strikers for the long term. I also let Mikel Rico, Balenziaga and Raul Garcia leave at the end of their contracts.

Hey there. One question, which system did you use. I have seen the screen with Aduriz scoring more than 20 goals for you. I am really struggling to make him score regularly.

Thanks!

When my last game corrupted, I knew I'd come back to Athletic Club eventually. I finished 3rd in my first season, selling Garcia, Rico and Balenziaga to fund the signing of Merino.

One promising wonderkid emerged. Reckon he could be my back up AMR already (bad news for Susaeta!). 

Screen Shot 2019-02-10 at 20.24.53.png

2019/20 recap

RibR9Rf.png?1

A slightly dissapointing end of season, missed out the Champions League qualification by goal avarage. But, it's right at the end, we performed at our standards because we lack consinstency, due mainly to my failure to find a working system. Things have improved, I am already in December of the 2nd season and am sitting 2nd with the best defensive record of the league.

The missing out of the UCL was compensate by Réal Sociedad going down!!! That is great news, hoping our differential in reputation grows wider so it'll be easier to sign their players regardless of the rivalry.

Players wise, of the starting big names, I sold Balenziaga, left Rico's and R. Garcia's  contracts expire, and Aduriz retired.  :(

In the 2020 youth intake there were two gems

Iñigo Ramírez - Striker The new Aduriz, or so I hope! 

rI4MTRF.png?1

Ander Rodríguez - Defender: Probably the best DC newgen I've had in a long while. We'll have to work on his Heading abilities, and he's not the tallest. But those attributes and that Determination are impressive.

gr39NyX.png?1

Aupa Athletic!

Edited by Pavi

I don't think I've ever seen Valencia qualify for the CL in my games. Good news about Real Sociedad going down, but I bet it's still difficult to sign Oyarzabal et al. It bugs me that Pardo is immediately transfer listed for way more than his value and still won't leave. Gorosabel is decent in my game too, not that I need a RB (although I will probably move Capa on and De Marcos also gets offers from China).

@Pavi 

I used Aduriz in this system as a poacher, next to Williams as an AF. Aduriz was horrible at the start of the season, I think he got half of his goals in the last 15 or so league games. His stats definitely flatter him, he was a very frustrating player.

kXaEdZT.png

8 hours ago, dothestrand said:

I don't think I've ever seen Valencia qualify for the CL in my games. Good news about Real Sociedad going down, but I bet it's still difficult to sign Oyarzabal et al. It bugs me that Pardo is immediately transfer listed for way more than his value and still won't leave. Gorosabel is decent in my game too, not that I need a RB (although I will probably move Capa on and De Marcos also gets offers from China).

Actually I managed to sign Pardo for € 5M as he requested to be transfer-listed. Was so happy! I tried Merino too but Sociedad wouldn't budge. If the board makes more funds available I will try again in the winter transfers window.

2 hours ago, Pavi said:

Actually I managed to sign Pardo for € 5M as he requested to be transfer-listed. Was so happy! I tried Merino too but Sociedad wouldn't budge. If the board makes more funds available I will try again in the winter transfers window.

Merino is available for 25m unless they extended his minimum release fee. He'll go too - I guess because he isn't a Sociedad youth graduate he doesn't feel quite so loyal.

@dothestrand

He's ours!!!! € 22.5M but mainly in instalments and had to ship off both Beñat and Susaeta to free up wages - but I thought they are both 32, so woldn't have lasted much longer. He was really unhappy playing in Segunda and I declared my interest and scout him to unsettle him further.

jcbdP5Y.png?1

Edited by Pavi

12 hours ago, Otis said:

@Pavi 

I used Aduriz in this system as a poacher, next to Williams as an AF. Aduriz was horrible at the start of the season, I think he got half of his goals in the last 15 or so league games. His stats definitely flatter him, he was a very frustrating player.

Thanks @Otis! In my save he retired as well after the first season, but yeah he was really disappointing. I couldn't find a way to fit him in my system. I rotate between Bautista and Villalibre now and are both performing, in January and they scored 12 and 7 goals. Pretty happy with my tactic now, am sitting top of the league. If I survive the hectic scheduling of Liga's winter, those returns legs in Copa del Rey are really tiring, I have good chances. 

Edited by Pavi

9 hours ago, Pavi said:

@dothestrand

He's ours!!!! € 22.5M but mainly in instalments and had to ship off both Beñat and Susaeta to free up wages - but I thought they are both 32, so woldn't have lasted much longer. He was really unhappy playing in Segunda and I declared my interest and scout him to unsettle him further.

jcbdP5Y.png?1

Excellent. Getting Merino really is a no brainer, no matter how much he costs. Your CMs are all past their best in this game and he's the only top quality option. Herrera is great but he's 29 and Man Utd never transfer list him cheaply. 

First title of the save, Copa del Rey is coming home!

gXRwk2W.png?1

And Llorente is back, as a U19 coach. Attributes are quite terrible, but I couldn't resist the nostalgia.

yQCtd0n.png?1

Just finished my third season and that's three CL places on the bounce (Valencia finished 2nd this season, so Barca missed out! :lol:)

Luckily I've been able to bring some good youngsters in from the other Basque clubs so am able to transition out the likes of De Marcos and Iturraspe sooner rather than later. 

Found this cracking lad at Racing Satander and came in for 475k. First team quality already!

Herrera has been here a couple of seasons now but is rotating the AMR position with Unai Lopez.

Still having problems with the striker position as Williams is playing there by and large and he's hardly prolific. 

Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 14.59.21.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 15.00.14.png