Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
bowieinspace

FM19 Athletic Club - Aupa!

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, MWE said:

Yeray and San Jose both wanted to leave so didn't want to keep them if they are unhappy

I've been using U19s to fill the defensive side of the bench for matches 

If Yeray becomes unhappy at Atletico then I will probably buy him back

If they get their head turned, they usually stop complaining once a transfer window closes. Then offer a new deal outside of the window and lock in a huge release fee. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MWE said:

Yeray and San Jose both wanted to leave so didn't want to keep them if they are unhappy

I've been using U19s to fill the defensive side of the bench for matches 

If Yeray becomes unhappy at Atletico then I will probably buy him back

I often have found that the majority of players will get over it if you block a move although I usually am competing on multiple fronts and always in the CL so it makes it a bit easier. I'm in 2025 and still have Yeray although if I were you, I would keep an eye on Laporte! I have had the opportunity to buy him before and right now he is about 30 (think he is the same age as Yeray) and listed by City for £41m so you might have the chance to buy him depending on how much he plays for City. I have Martinez (although getting on now), Yeray and a newgen. I've just loaned Nunez out to Valencia as he was 4th choice and I have another newgen pushing through so I'm not sure I need Laporte, tempting though it is.

Another one to look out for but I think he has variable potential is Jorge Herrando in the Osasuna youth team. He was a good buy for me but I ended up selling him to Real as he was never first choice - funnily enough he is on the transfer list within his first season of joining them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, maccataq said:

I often have found that the majority of players will get over it if you block a move although I usually am competing on multiple fronts and always in the CL so it makes it a bit easier. I'm in 2025 and still have Yeray although if I were you, I would keep an eye on Laporte! I have had the opportunity to buy him before and right now he is about 30 (think he is the same age as Yeray) and listed by City for £41m so you might have the chance to buy him depending on how much he plays for City. I have Martinez (although getting on now), Yeray and a newgen. I've just loaned Nunez out to Valencia as he was 4th choice and I have another newgen pushing through so I'm not sure I need Laporte, tempting though it is.

Another one to look out for but I think he has variable potential is Jorge Herrando in the Osasuna youth team. He was a good buy for me but I ended up selling him to Real as he was never first choice - funnily enough he is on the transfer list within his first season of joining them!

Thanks for the tips

Just looked up Herrando and he has already signed with Sociedad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, dothestrand said:

Got any screenshots of the regens? Wow, you might be light at the back though as your third CB now must be Vivian - I guess you can always pick up Ramalho or Bustinza, they're quite solid. I only sold Yeray in my game when he hit 30 or so and was my fourth CB. 

These are the screenshots of the youth players that came through

FBuOFgL.png

p8WkQA7.png

HQWKuxk.png

dGjzy9x.png

IoVJBRZ.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MWE said:

Thanks for the tips

Just looked up Herrando and he has already signed with Sociedad

Ah shame - you should be able to bring through some good young CBs - Enrique Garcia needs mentoring by the looks of it though.

Arberas and Bernaola were decent CBs from Bilbao Athletic for me but not really any better than that - maybe they would develop better given the chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/09/2019 at 16:13, MWE said:

Just finished my first season with Bilbao

Sold Yeray in the first window for £20m to Athletico Madrid because he wanted to move there

San Jose also went for £6m in January as he wanted first team football

Not bought any players in and finished 3rd the 4 defeats in the league were to A. Madrid, R. Madrid, Barcelona and Valencia all away from home.

Youth intake was also amazing

I've uploaded my tactic for anyone who might want to use it

PtIDvhX.png

 

kGgPTrC.png

af2MJ4F.png

 

bnYJJAV.png

4EQ9DWT.png

 

433e.fmf 45.48 kB · 2 downloads

Could you post screenshots of your tactic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MWE said:

These are the screenshots of the youth players that came through

FBuOFgL.png

p8WkQA7.png

HQWKuxk.png

dGjzy9x.png

IoVJBRZ.png

Dominguez, Martin and Goni look very promising. Keep an eye on Alvaro Nunez, a very young RB in your u19s or C team, he developed excellently for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lira95 said:

Could you post screenshots of your tactic?

The tactic is attached to the post that you originally quoted :thup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Season 6
Much better this year. I missed around with a new system and some youngsters and won the league.
GOAsF9W.png
The future transfers were a much bigger deal as I will get Dave Azpilicueta and Antoine Griezzmann on a free. Raul Ruiz will also make a return to San Mames as I activated his buyback

CQMQWvB.png
This tactic was a bit Cryuffian. Defend in a 442 but attack in a 3-4-3 diamond shape. Oscar Gomez was proved to be a great player there.
IC2NuWm.png
MOySSp9.png
And the results

And some players

WQuPhKQ.png
Solid on the right

91WGM1X.png
Still learning

ON9UHJ0.png
Basque Kante 2.0 still chugging along

b0jJ1Ag.png
Getting old but still does the work in

S9sf466.png
Made a great tandem with Peru in the back. Stepped up big time this season.

QMFJgIb.png
Basque Lampard is still good

dm9sGOe.png
Gomez has that LB spot locked in for a while

Bm9PnH6.png
See: Herrando

LeNhqw2.png
Getting some minutes and scoring some goals

rrA03F9.png
Basque Robben is back

aFdervy.png
Getting a bit better

BlvDXp7.png
Did a job at RB

e3r4fux.png
Still good

And other notes
U49CHMM.png
zxttZvP.png
Sb0sLc2.png
pI3jTIM.png
l2WoTSo.png
HaMhbAH.png

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19/20 Season update

Alirón, alirón, el Athletic es campeón!

rGwRyoh.png

Another extremely memorable and exciting season battling it out with Atléti while Barcelona and Madrid had a very mediocre season to their standards. Where we had a lot of luck on our previous league title, it was a justified two-way fight this season.

BSOf7I0.png

A wonderful run of form from August to October really set us up at the top of the table. The highlighted match against Barça came at the perfect time as they lost the Clasico the week before with a whopping 6-1. They were down and out. Especially after I approached the game the way Real Madrid did and completely destroyed them on the flanks.

Our Champions League run was a special one. We had quite an easy group with FC Porto, RB Salzburg and Slavia Prague. So aside from the games against Porto, I easily made it through the group stage using my second string and some young talents. The games against Dortmund were great fun. I had a feeling we could do something special after the draw at the Signal Iduna but I'd never expect Mikel Merino, who I acquired during the January transfer window for his release clause fee, to dismantle Dortmund in such a way. Beating city 2-0 at home was pure luck, although their attacks were quite easy to snub out in the final third if you play a compact 5-3-1-1. In the end, it was just the one goal that kept us out of the final. Great run none the less.

Oh, and we finally won the Copa Del Rey for the first time since 1984. I wanted it so bad after losing the final last season that I went all out with my first string team (something I never do in any cup game) against a helplessly tired Sevilla FC team.

The most exciting game of the season was the 3-3 draw vs Atlético with a Guruzeta equaliser at the end of the game. This kept us one point ahead of Atléti with one game to go which we finished brilliantly. I was absolutely ecstatic. What a fun AND successful save this is!

Moreover, my B team got promoted to the LaLiga123 which is fantastic for the players' development. I got rid of some deadweight, promoted some high-potential regens like Mikel Uriarte and Javier Galdeano and now the B-team has just become a waiting room for the first squad, just the way it has to be.

qEyZFGJ.png

My two greatest talents from the last youth intake could just start breaking into the first team somewhere the coming season!

pjv0bIx.png

7LQIj0q.png

The youth intake day was quite good for us as well

eKKk7a8.png

In terms of transfers, I FINALLY locked down an unhappy Alvaro Odriozola! And we've had some older dudes moving out because they couldn't learn anything else at the club anymore, or at least that's what they said.

Last season's transfers (so you get an idea where everyone went)

GG2G3xo.png

This season's transfers

yF2ZIih.png

This leads to this tactic still being used and a lot of younglings being first team regulars now.

6sQteEg.png

As for Aduriz? He quit at the end of the season and is now a respected member of our staff. The circle is complete.

Edited by TOMetz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know whether to laugh or cry! First leg of CL quarter final vs Man City...

2065257860_Screenshot2019-09-14at10_26_52.thumb.png.74088f74b996a7b98d15fc5de7ee7173.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, maccataq said:

Don't know whether to laugh or cry! First leg of CL quarter final vs Man City...

2065257860_Screenshot2019-09-14at10_26_52.thumb.png.74088f74b996a7b98d15fc5de7ee7173.png

I guess the answer was laugh! However, it was stressful and I'm not sure we played that well but we did it! Firstly, I had set my team up earlier but then had to go out so after coming back to my game, I went straight into the game not realising I left GDA and Herrera off my bench so I was thinking about whether I should re-load but I couldn't help but start the match and see how we got on. We took an early lead but City were level after 10 mins and took a 2-1 lead into half time. They then scored again after the re-start giving them the lead on away goals and I was starting to curse playing the game without sorting my subs out. Trailing 2-1 but still leading on aggregate wasn't a great place to be so at least them scoring again meant I had to come out and find a goal. Things turned in my favour when Tierney picked up a 2nd yellow. We kept pushing and eventually we won a penalty when my striker Sanz was pushed at the front post. Sanz (having scored the first goal) stepped up for the penalty but it was a nice height and Ederson pushed it round the post! I thought we had let it slip away but then Oyarzabal, known for popping up with important goals, drifted in at the back post in the 88th minute to slam home a priceless 2nd and we progressed 7-6 on aggregate...

101061130_Screenshot2019-09-14at20_10_16.thumb.png.e0a4bcc367825f6c2841343101692e2e.png

I've drawn Barcelona in the semi-final - as if I need to play them again!

Dortmund and PSG will fight out the other semi-final. Dortmund are pretty irresistable at the moment - they are current European Champions and hammered Real Madrid in a previous round (who are runaway leaders in La Liga).

As a side note, you'll notice Yuri had a bad game - he's 35 and his contract is up for renewal. He wants a 2 year deal as a player / u19s coach which I don't have space for. Left back is still a bit of weakness for me and he's been found out a few times recently. I have a newgen who is decent but not of the standard of the rest of my back line and I have 2 young starlets coming through but a way to go before being first team standard!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, maccataq said:

I guess the answer was laugh! However, it was stressful and I'm not sure we played that well but we did it! Firstly, I had set my team up earlier but then had to go out so after coming back to my game, I went straight into the game not realising I left GDA and Herrera off my bench so I was thinking about whether I should re-load but I couldn't help but start the match and see how we got on. We took an early lead but City were level after 10 mins and took a 2-1 lead into half time. They then scored again after the re-start giving them the lead on away goals and I was starting to curse playing the game without sorting my subs out. Trailing 2-1 but still leading on aggregate wasn't a great place to be so at least them scoring again meant I had to come out and find a goal. Things turned in my favour when Tierney picked up a 2nd yellow. We kept pushing and eventually we won a penalty when my striker Sanz was pushed at the front post. Sanz (having scored the first goal) stepped up for the penalty but it was a nice height and Ederson pushed it round the post! I thought we had let it slip away but then Oyarzabal, known for popping up with important goals, drifted in at the back post in the 88th minute to slam home a priceless 2nd and we progressed 7-6 on aggregate...

101061130_Screenshot2019-09-14at20_10_16.thumb.png.e0a4bcc367825f6c2841343101692e2e.png

I've drawn Barcelona in the semi-final - as if I need to play them again!

Dortmund and PSG will fight out the other semi-final. Dortmund are pretty irresistable at the moment - they are current European Champions and hammered Real Madrid in a previous round (who are runaway leaders in La Liga).

As a side note, you'll notice Yuri had a bad game - he's 35 and his contract is up for renewal. He wants a 2 year deal as a player / u19s coach which I don't have space for. Left back is still a bit of weakness for me and he's been found out a few times recently. I have a newgen who is decent but not of the standard of the rest of my back line and I have 2 young starlets coming through but a way to go before being first team standard!

I would start retraining someone at that LB spot then. Or use a DM there and make him IWB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, maccataq said:

As a side note, you'll notice Yuri had a bad game - he's 35 and his contract is up for renewal. He wants a 2 year deal as a player / u19s coach which I don't have space for. Left back is still a bit of weakness for me and he's been found out a few times recently. I have a newgen who is decent but not of the standard of the rest of my back line and I have 2 young starlets coming through but a way to go before being first team standard!

With a little bit of training, Berenguer is a no more than decent option as an attacking LWB. I've dubbed a while between him and a regen, eventually chose for our academy but you could definitely check him out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jean0987654321 said:

I would start retraining someone at that LB spot then. Or use a DM there and make him IWB

Yeah I'm going to assess my options. He's since announced his retirement so forced my hand. Interesting idea to convert a DM, I will see if any are suitable.

Bengoetxea was my 2nd choice RB but loaned him out to Betis for a season to allow another high potential RB to get game time plus I'm not very happy with his crossing or general technical ability. However, he's probably my best option to come in and play at LB as he could do that a bit.

1383600819_Screenshot2019-09-15at14_40_39.thumb.png.f89d588837c30ffd8a6727019cc8bef1.png

Juan Carlos has been rotated with Yuri for the last season and was around for a season prior to that whilst I still had Ganea but I moved him on to give JC more game time (I guess he is still an option if I wanted to bring him back)

1869216294_Screenshot2019-09-15at14_42_55.thumb.png.7688d7805afa0d531baaf71945778bba.png

 

5 hours ago, TOMetz said:

With a little bit of training, Berenguer is a no more than decent option as an attacking LWB. I've dubbed a while between him and a regen, eventually chose for our academy but you could definitely check him out.

Thanks but I've checked him out and he's 29 and not developed that well even as a winger. He has 6 determination too so way too low to fit in with my squad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished season 24/25:

Super Cup: Winners

La Liga: 3rd

Copa del Rey: Winners

Champions League: Semi Final

Frustrating season in some ways as Barcelona had been dominant for a couple of seasons but faltered a bit early on, only for Real to have gone from finishing 4th last season to becoming formidable in the league so it wasn't to be us who would benefit. I was in a 3 way title race until we hit February when we lost away to both Barca and Real as well as being hit with an injury crisis, mainly to my attackers including my top striker, Sanz. The strain on my other attackers meant we lost a couple of silly games to lower table teams later on. 3rd never seemed in doubt so I took the chance to place more focus on Europe.

I already posted my success over Man City in the quarter finals but after beating Barca 3-1 in the first leg, we again lost 2-0 away to Barcelona and just didn't seem capable of creating the chance that might send us through. Really frustrating because we battered them at San Mames and could have had 5 but for the woodwork!

Finally, we managed to see off Atletico in the cup in the semi-finals. We drew 0-0 away before winning 3-1 at home - was a bit worried when they pulled back to 1-1 in the 2nd half but a red card for them and 2 penalties for us sent us through. We faced Betis in the final who we beat comfortably 2-0 to retain the cup.

Already signed a wonderkid I've been monitoring for a few years based in France. He's a striker but can play on the wings too - hoping he can take the pressure off my main striker. I have a few players out on loan who could stake a claim too.

Already mentioned that Yuri is retiring but also Iker Muniain sought a new challenge and joins Olympiakos at the end of the season. He's 32 now and had lost his first team place so it was the right time. His best season for me helped us win La Liga so grateful for his service!

375644064_Screenshot2019-09-15at16_27_05.thumb.png.bc2d62f9e2ade71d4a878341bc8002b5.png974258789_Screenshot2019-09-15at16_26_41.thumb.png.22dbb4738fe223f8d9a3c073b716c62f.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sitting in second with Aduritz bannging them in and the January window about to close. A cheeky 60M+ Bid from Barca with sell on fee for Williams, who hadn't been overperforming or anything so I bit. Aduritz picks up a 3 month injury and starts a club wide revolt after I sold Inaki.

Brought in merino for his release clause but failed on Oyarzabal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished second season just missed out on top spot in the league on the final game of the season

Bought in Herrera in january as he was transfer listed at PSG

Also got Gorosabel as back up to Ander Capa

Didnt bother signing anyone from the youth intake

hSAxqTA.png

zTeLMu8.png

JwQHJii.png

s2m0udH.png

Ti2zT4S.png

PkLIfnO.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I landed the Spain job in my last season. Has anyone taken this on with Bilbao? I have quite a large number of Basque players in and around the Spain squad already but I have not set myself any challenge around what I want to get out of this yet. The dream would be an all Basque team or even squad but this is perhaps unlikely and/or unrealistic as I'd be ignoring some world class players presumably but just interested if any of you have tried it?

The other thing I noticed in my save is that the number of newgens produced by each team in Spain is very small, usually 2-3 players per team which I find a bit strange! My database is on large so I was thinking this would enable more players overall and more players in the intakes but perhaps having all the Spanish leagues loaded means it is more thinly spread? Anyway, what it looks to be doing is skewing the number of players coming through my academy, i.e. we're producing 15-16 players so the national pool may begin to look a bit more Basque, quality permitting! I mean it already is because being a few years on, key players have retired and some of the best centre-back prospects, for example, are my own players plus Yeray, Martinez (despite age) and Herrando are some of the best Spanish CBs available behind Jorge Mere and Jesus Vallejo (who I'm not really familiar with in real life) to give you some context about the players available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, maccataq said:

I landed the Spain job in my last season. Has anyone taken this on with Bilbao? I have quite a large number of Basque players in and around the Spain squad already but I have not set myself any challenge around what I want to get out of this yet. The dream would be an all Basque team or even squad but this is perhaps unlikely and/or unrealistic as I'd be ignoring some world class players presumably but just interested if any of you have tried it?

The other thing I noticed in my save is that the number of newgens produced by each team in Spain is very small, usually 2-3 players per team which I find a bit strange! My database is on large so I was thinking this would enable more players overall and more players in the intakes but perhaps having all the Spanish leagues loaded means it is more thinly spread? Anyway, what it looks to be doing is skewing the number of players coming through my academy, i.e. we're producing 15-16 players so the national pool may begin to look a bit more Basque, quality permitting! I mean it already is because being a few years on, key players have retired and some of the best centre-back prospects, for example, are my own players plus Yeray, Martinez (despite age) and Herrando are some of the best Spanish CBs available behind Jorge Mere and Jesus Vallejo (who I'm not really familiar with in real life) to give you some context about the players available.

I have noticed the same thing with newgen quantities...figured it was just a database size thing but it's been a bit annoying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the most players I've ever had in a national squad is probably 4-5 and Real Sociedad have probably provided a couple more. I don't think I've noticed the depth of other Spanish clubs' intakes because I'm only trying to nab the Basque players!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/09/2019 at 07:47, dothestrand said:

I think the most players I've ever had in a national squad is probably 4-5 and Real Sociedad have probably provided a couple more. I don't think I've noticed the depth of other Spanish clubs' intakes because I'm only trying to nab the Basque players!!

I always trawl the youth intake screen in world transfers. I used to sign non-Basque Spanish 16 year olds where needed but I've since decided to go pure. Despite that I still find them via the same way because I find it quicker to find all the Basque teams to scout, same goes for the French Basque teams but I also like to go through all the French/Spanish teams and just try to spot any Basque looking names.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, maccataq said:

I always trawl the youth intake screen in world transfers. I used to sign non-Basque Spanish 16 year olds where needed but I've since decided to go pure. Despite that I still find them via the same way because I find it quicker to find all the Basque teams to scout, same goes for the French Basque teams but I also like to go through all the French/Spanish teams and just try to spot any Basque looking names.

Yeah I'm onn season two and have started doing that but going to move away from that soon. Was needed. I had money saved from selling Inaki for 60m, and it was going nowhere so I needed to replenish the academy. Feels cheap, but we'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've stopped playing since the weeks have been running down for FM20. I hope this thread will quickly spring up for FM20 once it's released. Athletic Club will be my first game - and it should be an interesting one! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still playing albeit slowly. I have only managed 2 saves in Fm19 (did a few seasons with Benfica first) as I just don't get the time I used to now I have a little boy. Not sure if I will buy FM20 or not just so I can continue with this save and maybe another - I have tended to buy every other version of the game (played 11, 13, a very brief stint on 14 because I got it free, 15, 17 & 19). I get too attached to saves and this time round I'm determined to become a dominant force with Athletic domestically and win a European Cup. I've been consistent top 4 but only 1 league title so far. If you keep this thread going into FM20 I hope you won't mind me posting about my FM19 save!

On 18/10/2019 at 06:30, Jean0987654321 said:

I'm still playing. In the CL semis thus far with Athletic. Gameplan is to get the title and that'll be that

How did you get on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/10/2019 at 19:52, dothestrand said:

I've stopped playing since the weeks have been running down for FM20. I hope this thread will quickly spring up for FM20 once it's released. Athletic Club will be my first game - and it should be an interesting one! 


With this in mind, I usually create the thread and set up all the various posts on the first page...history, squad, transfers etc. I've got a lot going on at the moment and would like to give the responsibility to someone else if there's a volunteer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Final Season
Well...it has finally happened. I have won the CL with Athletic. Two in a row in two editions of this game I did it. Much of the transfer window involved getting some prospects in as I already had Griezmann and Dave snapped up on a free and they were both immense. Expensive wage wise :D but immense. The return of Raul Ruiz was also the best deal I made. He became a key player almost instantly. However, there was a bit of a depth issue coming into January and I needed some backup forwards. Gorka Santamaria was cut by Tenerife so I snapped him up on a free and he came good off the bench scoring some important goals.
IkCf7Al.png
The tactic
FlG7QnH.png
I settled on this shape later in the season. This was based on Gasperini's Atalanta side. This gave my team a lot of posession and a spine up front

And now the results
H1tYetU.png
WTM3H1b.png

The finances
hkeY6nX.png

The whole damn squad
XjVXG1R.png

And now some players
Lz8ngfR.png
He and Merino was always fighting for that DM spot in the team

pzDZ1No.png
Did well for the B team so I promoted him and he did well as a rotation option at RCB

5lLJ44z.png
The man, the myth, the legend. Edged it out in the end and got his CL title

CC54iav.png
He still got it

iuRzIpw.png
See: Zubeldia

HCV5cdH.png
Always fighing for that 10 spot with Sanchet and Ruiz

a4IuoBS.png
An Icon apparently but he did score plenty of important goals for us

w3W8tgf.png
See: Imaz

EYQ17oE.png
The only worthy successor to Ander Herrera

egTMRtb.png
Finally, I have a #9 that can score goals. :D

wntcAsg.png
Played everywhere and did well everywhere

pA4fopq.png
What a player. He improved a lot as the season went on and went onwards and upwards to repay my faith in him

L0aJyP6.png
Much of the stint with us has been in the treatment table but this season, he really stepped up as a RB

PryUM3u.png
Mr. Underrated kept chugging along

Oz6CYxv.png
This dude was a diva for most of the year and I told him to grab some bench but he came to his senses and help us in the final with his rock solid defending

dPK1HP9.png
Number 1 still

PxvgFjn.png
Best LB in the world

Some other notes
GQV6sjQ.png
hZ03H7A.png
mRjGNeG.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...