Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
bowieinspace

FM19 Athletic Club - Aupa!

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Falahk said:

I give them professional contracts right away, when you play athletic you will run out of players who are good enough much faster then you run out of money 

To be honest, I don't do it for financial reasons, that's just a bonus.

14 hours ago, bowieinspace said:

I generally sign them up. I'm pretty sure if they are not on professional contracts they can be plucked away for a fairly low compensation amount, definitely not ideal, so I always took the safest option. 

Yeah I think that is the risk but so far, I've never actually had a problem but I did get burnt once when I lost a player to his release clause.

However, it is why I wanted to canvas opinion because I don't want to lose a 5 star potential player taking an unnecessary risk. My experience of trying to buy newgens is that if they have recently signed on to a youth contract, they have no interest in other clubs and you only get them for compensation if you manage to swoop in before they sign a youth contract on intake day. I could have this slightly wrong though, hence my question!

As I said originally, I have always signed my best prospects on to pro terms ASAP and to be honest I probably will end up securing them sooner rather than later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played with Bilbao last year and i did a 'normal' game so youth intake + looking for players with the basque nationality from Sociaded, osasuna and lower league teams from spain(and France).

With only 1.5 month left i'm thinking about starting a YOUTH academy only game with Bilbao (i'm playing with FC Andorra but it is to extreme at the moment). 

Who did this with Bilbao and when does the real challenge start ? The first 5/6 seasons u'll keep the best first team players i suppose ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, OlivierL said:

I played with Bilbao last year and i did a 'normal' game so youth intake + looking for players with the basque nationality from Sociaded, osasuna and lower league teams from spain(and France).

With only 1.5 month left i'm thinking about starting a YOUTH academy only game with Bilbao (i'm playing with FC Andorra but it is to extreme at the moment). 

Who did this with Bilbao and when does the real challenge start ? The first 5/6 seasons u'll keep the best first team players i suppose ?

Depends on what you describe as a challenge, if the aim is to maintain a spot in the European places and keep a squad of similar ability to what you start out with then it's going to be quite easy

If you aim to fight real/barca for every title it's going to be a bit harder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2023/24 Season Review: So Close to Perfect

So the season is over, a wonderful season with a disappointing end. It was close to being an amazing season.

La Liga:

NuiqSoj.jpg

We won La Liga with a solid 100 points, which included two losses in our last three games after playing some youngsters. Only 18 goals conceded, possibly the best defensive record I've had, not sure on that, but certainly a good one!

T9AVNsz.jpg

We smashed the individual awards, with a 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the player of the year, we also won young player of the year and manager of the year

GMODsGb.jpg

Despite getting player of the year, Oyarzabal couldn't get into the team of the year...go figure?

Transfer wise, we saw Muniain move on to China, and Inigo Martinez is also leaving. Both are still doing well but our young players have come through so well, they quickly became surplus this season. 

Champions League:

TUCWDYD.jpg

A horrible final loss vs Napoli. We actually had them in our group and won 3-0 and 4-0 in those games. In the final they really turned up and a couple of our key players had disappointing games. Even so, we had the better of the chances (they had marginally more shots but not really threatening ones, we had the clear cut chances and better highlights) and could easily have won it, and they ended up taking it with a 115th minute, deflected long range strike. Gutted and one we probably win 8 times out of 10.

 

The Youngsters:

An amazing year of development saw a lot of my established first teamers moved to the bench, or moved on, here are the pick of the bunch - I think nearly all have been on my previous posts so you can see how they've come on. Borja Borja is a beast!

alIw8QN.jpg

First up it's a young CB prospect Adrian Galarza, looks like he will be fantastic in a few years.

 

s0d5Yuh.jpg

Next we have midfielder Aitor Llorente - well rounded and can play a few different roles. He's tended to play box to box for me simply because I have good options in the AMC roles, still room to grow and should be a long term first team player.

 

hDqhlEV.jpg

A good year of development for strong full back Alberto Lopez. This year has seen him be something of a utility option, getting plenty of game time but covering DM, RB and LB at times. A solid Cb option too but our depth there is awesome anyway. I see him as a RB long term, but we have Odriozola too who is hard to displace.

 

g2uC6AO.jpg

Ander Carinanos - a young defensive midfielder I am shaping to play in our half back role. Still a long way to go but very promising. Wasn't so highly rated at the start of the season so it's been great to see his potential improve.

 

HF7244o.jpg

Here he is...Borja Borja, the man himself. WOW. Ok, you might look at his attributes and think, he's kinda ok I guess....but look closely. He plays as a winger (A), with 17 dribbling, 17 decisions, acceleration, pace and agility to boot..the guy is a born dribbling winger..devastating in our system.

 

Bq31wi8.jpg

FnKPCuT.jpg

Eneko Goni is our first choice CB alongside another regen, Flano. Quality pairing with potential to improve.

 

HiMBFgj.jpg

Gorka Goni (not related). Has spent the year on loan at Malaga in La Liga and has improved really well. He will go on loan again this year as we have Kepa and Simon in the squad already.


u8n4wmv.jpg

Iker Ramirez is the future of the CF role for us - perfect as a pressing forward with big potential. I started giving him some minutes off the bench in the later half of the season around B team appearances. Still some way to go to crack the first 11 but I'm excited.

 

TA1coud.jpg

Future of the AMC role - Jauan Manuel Lopez. Quality AMC and has started to play more and more this season. He's the main reason Muniain was moved on!

 

4wfO9Hc.jpg

Julen Artola is our first choice left back. He was 2.5* at the start of the season and took off with a year in the side. Lovely stuff.

 

1kNfIQf.jpg

I don't need him but why not have another world class keeper prospect? Came through my intake this year.

 

FBSkqAi.jpg

Finally, we have Xabier Mancisidor. He was only 3* potential early in the season but he is one of those who just keeps improving and defying the coach reports. Fingers crossed he keeps going! Ander Herrera is going in to his final year this year and is declining, so only a matter of time until Mancisidor takes his spot.

Edited by bowieinspace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus Christ, those are some quality regens :eek:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TOMetz said:

Jesus Christ, those are some quality regens :eek:

Thank you I’ve been working hard on these lads! There are some genuine top tier players there but also some like Borja who isn’t necessarily the most well rounded, but has the right attributes in the right places to do a specific role in the side. These guys fit really well into my system generally, Although I’ve got a bit of work to do with Flano and Goni to improve their ball playing abilities 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How did you get their physical stats so high at such a young age?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TOMetz said:

How did you get their physical stats so high at such a young age?

Not something I specifically trained, just the way the game has kicked them out. Either that or my HOYD is running a drug scheme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gonna need your help. I can't seem to register players from the first team to play for my B team. Whenever I choose a player in my first team and make him eligible for the reserves, it says that he's not registered for the second team for the next match, but that I can do so by registering him. But how do I do this?

Edit: okay, so I now get a message that I can't register a player for a satellite club (Bilbao Athletic) if he's already registered for the first team. So in the case of, let's say, Sancet, this means the following:

  • I either have to choose to register him for the first team or the reserves
  • If he's in the first team, he won't be playing in any reserve squad matches even if I say he's eligible to play for let's say 90 minutes
  • If he's registered for the reserve squad but not the first team, I can put him in the first team but he won't be registered for it until the next registration period AND can't play for the reserves anymore
  • So basically, I can't have my cake and eat it too?
Edited by TOMetz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TOMetz said:

I'm gonna need your help. I can't seem to register players from the first team to play for my B team. Whenever I choose a player in my first team and make him eligible for the reserves, it says that he's not registered for the second team for the next match, but that I can do so by registering him. But how do I do this?

Edit: okay, so I now get a message that I can't register a player for a satellite club (Bilbao Athletic) if he's already registered for the first team. So in the case of, let's say, Sancet, this means the following:

  • I either have to choose to register him for the first team or the reserves
  • If he's in the first team, he won't be playing in any reserve squad matches even if I say he's eligible to play for let's say 90 minutes
  • If he's registered for the reserve squad but not the first team, I can put him in the first team but he won't be registered for it until the next registration period AND can't play for the reserves anymore
  • So basically, I can't have my cake and eat it too?

Basically think of the B team as a separate club with benefits...friend with benefits if you will.

If the player is under 19 they do not need to be registered, can be made available for the B team and play for either the B team or the reserve team...no dramas there.

If the player is over 19 and requires registration for a club, he needs to be either one or the other. You can keep him with the first team for training and move them to the B team squad for a day or two during the transfer window end, register him manually for the B team, and then after it's all done and dusted, move him back to the first team for training and make him available to play for the reserves. 

So basically once the player is too old, you can't have your cake and eat it too. What I sometimes do is register them for the B team as above, keep them in the first team squad with the intention of using them in Europe against poor opposition, or in the Copa Del Rey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bowieinspace said:

So basically once the player is too old, you can't have your cake and eat it too. What I sometimes do is register them for the B team as above, keep them in the first team squad with the intention of using them in Europe against poor opposition, or in the Copa Del Rey.

Okay, so, in the case of Sancet

  • A couple of days before the end of the transfer window, I move him to Bilbao Athletic
  • I manually register him for Bilbao Athletic and unregister him for the first team?
  • After the transfer window, I move him back to the first team and he can play for both my first team as well as Bilbao Athletic?

I'm sorry but this is the first year I have issues with this :onmehead:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, TOMetz said:

Okay, so, in the case of Sancet

  • A couple of days before the end of the transfer window, I move him to Bilbao Athletic
  • I manually register him for Bilbao Athletic and unregister him for the first team?
  • After the transfer window, I move him back to the first team and he can play for both my first team as well as Bilbao Athletic?

I'm sorry but this is the first year I have issues with this :onmehead:

If he’s old enough to require registration for either team (eg over 19 on 1st Jan I think it is) then he can’t play for both, you have to commit to one or the other. If you moved him to the B team for the registration at the end of the window, then moved him back, he could train with the first team squad but would be ineligible for all league games, only being eligible for the team he is registered for (B team).

if he’s underage, you don’t need to register him for either team so could remove him from the registered player list and he would eligible for either team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bowieinspace said:

If he’s old enough to require registration for either team (eg over 19 on 1st Jan I think it is) then he can’t play for both, you have to commit to one or the other. If you moved him to the B team for the registration at the end of the window, then moved him back, he could train with the first team squad but would be ineligible for all league games, only being eligible for the team he is registered for (B team).

if he’s underage, you don’t need to register him for either team so could remove him from the registered player list and he would eligible for either team

Alright, I get it. Thanks. Good to know that I can still use those youngsters for the cup and European competitions even if they're registered for Bilbao Athletic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@bowieinspace - unlucky on the CL final, great season though! Some excellent newgens, I might try and share my youth prospects on here at some point!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, maccataq said:

@bowieinspace - unlucky on the CL final, great season though! Some excellent newgens, I might try and share my youth prospects on here at some point!

Still sad about it, we were in such a good run of form and just tailed a bit in the last few games, and really should have beaten Napoli. it was a very good chance to win the Champions League given we seemed to have their number

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24/25 is going really well so far, lost a top prospect (Alain Thevenet, I think hes noted on one of my previous posts although I didn't include him in my last one) for 9 months with knee ligament damage, he was my backup left back this season and was going to play a lot. And I've just lost Oyarzabal for 4 months to a broken lower leg :( :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2024/25 Season Review:

La Liga - 1st

Champions League - Lost in QF

Copa Del Rey - Lost in QF

Super Copa - Won

scIwlJ8.jpg

 

Transfers In: Two young prospects, nothing special
Transfers Out: Inigo Martinez (Summer 2024), Alex Remiro (Summer 2024), Oihan Sancet (Summer 2025), Unai Simon (Summer 2025), Asier Villalibre (Summer 2025) also Ander Herrera is leaving at the end of his contract.


Summary and Review:

Another really enjoyable season which felt a bit of a let down at the end even though we won the league. Within one week we lost our Champions League quarter final in a close tie against Arsenal which could have gone either way (lost 1-3 at the Emirates followed by a 1-0 win at San Mames, which included a missed penalty from us) and we also lost out on our attempt at an invincible season (at that stage we'd played around 32 games). We lost our invincible attempt away at mid table Granada after going 1-0 up. We then won our remaining games to finish with only one loss. Dissapointing not to get the invincible season but also, a very good league campaign!

 

The Newgen Factory:

We continue to keep rolling with newgens. As you can tell from my transfers out above, some squad players are being forced to make way for youngsters coming through. Yeray may also leave this summer if I get a China bid or something, otherwise he will stick around as he's great depth and subsequently allows my B team to be stronger.

UAr6NnT.jpg

First up Adrian Galarza, has made some improvements this year and is close to the first team squad, if we were weaker at CB he would probably be 4th choice my now.

 

ABQJH7o.jpg

Aitor Llorente. Has been absolutely superb this season in the BBM role, 10 goals and 14 assists from from 38 (9). looks set to improve further as well.

 

y3kVvFd.jpg

Alain Thevenet - was not posted in my last update I don't think, but he is an excellent LB prospect. Unfortunately at the start of this season he received a torn ACL and was out for 9 months, fortunately his development wasn't completely destroyed so I'm hoping he's able to make up for lost time.

 

G9RmcXC.jpg

Alberto Lopez - He was the jewel in our crown in terms of prospects for a while but now looks set to be an excellent first team player, albeit not world class perhaps. Had a fantastic season as an IWB this year and can also cover DM

 

j7HGoBc.jpg

Ander Carinanos - As you can see from his physicals declining, he's currently injured. He broke his ankle and that was a 4 month hit. Still looks set to be a mainstay in the DM half back role soon, and will be very much part of the first team squad next season. Prior to his injury I had begun to give him starts.

 

GEXUQ7R.jpg

Borja Borja! Love him.

 

RJHDdge.jpg

Egoitz Rodriguez - He came through my intake this year and looks one hell of a player, I can't wait to see him develop

 

Jh3OSgK.jpg

neFO1rJ.jpg

In Eneko Goni and Josu Flano we have a world class centre back pairing who will be the mainstay of our team for years. With Adrian Galarza coming through as well I'm not going to have to worry about these positions during this save.

 

MTIO5pU.jpg

Iker Ramirez has improved a fair bit this season and will play a lot more next season, he'll be a sharing starts with Nico Williams up front.

 

IViUvVy.jpg

Juan Manual Lopez continues to come on well, and had 18 goals this season playing as a trequartista. He got a lot of starts due to Oyarzabal breaking his leg.

 

bWbDdXP.jpg

First choice left back Julen Artola, still coming on very well indeed.

 

Qdkw3ZQ.jpg

Finally Xabier Mancisidor, played for the B team this year and has developed really well. He's the reason Sancet is leaving!

 

We have a few others as well who aren't 3.5* rated potential, I'll leave them for now, but we've got good depth coming through. We're a bit short of wide players so will need to retrain someone to play wide right as Williams is getting older now!

Edited by bowieinspace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@bowieinspace - another good season! You play really quickly, at least compared to me although I do play slowly plus I don't get the time I used to be able to. You have a talented bunch of players! I'm in December 2024 and in a 3 horse race with Real and Barca - going to be tough again though. I will need to get to 95pts or similar if I'm to land the title this season. My squad is developing nicely but Klopp being at Barca makes it really tough. Real aren't usually that consistent but they've come out of the blocks fast this season with 13 wins out of 15 (although I dealt them their only defeat). Real are on 39pts, Barca are 2nd with 37pts and I'm 3rd with 35pts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought I'd share Lezama's gift to my Athletic team...Andoni Sanz.

He's only 21 and has just passed 100 league goals!! In his 2nd full season he fired us to the title. In our current season, we are only in December and he has hit 21 goals in all comps and is only 4 league goals behind the whole of last season...

1703262243_Screenshot2019-09-01at21_52_47.thumb.png.2d4196fb1866c6921d9c37f847a038b0.png1251433022_Screenshot2019-09-01at21_52_33.thumb.png.262f368c827093eac19ec92162d26ab4.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, maccataq said:

@bowieinspace - another good season! You play really quickly, at least compared to me although I do play slowly plus I don't get the time I used to be able to. You have a talented bunch of players! I'm in December 2024 and in a 3 horse race with Real and Barca - going to be tough again though. I will need to get to 95pts or similar if I'm to land the title this season. My squad is developing nicely but Klopp being at Barca makes it really tough. Real aren't usually that consistent but they've come out of the blocks fast this season with 13 wins out of 15 (although I dealt them their only defeat). Real are on 39pts, Barca are 2nd with 37pts and I'm 3rd with 35pts.

Yeah I've been a bit stop start this year, I've gone through phases where I've played a lot and phases where I've not played at all. When I'm playing I tend to play a lot! My work goes through very busy and very quiet spells, so during the quiet spells I have more opportunities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolute regen madness. Andoni Sanz, what a monster.

@bowieinspace I'm still way too impressed with the physical stats of your 18 year olds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone managed to get this player from Real Sociedad? Ander Barrenetxea. Got him in FM mobile and he is killing it as a poacher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, inthisspace said:

Anyone managed to get this player from Real Sociedad? Ander Barrenetxea. Got him in FM mobile and he is killing it as a poacher.

Not come up in any scouting reports in my save that I can remember. He has a variable potential so perhaps he developed better in your save.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, inthisspace said:

Anyone managed to get this player from Real Sociedad? Ander Barrenetxea. Got him in FM mobile and he is killing it as a poacher.

Yeah they transfer listed him in the first season and I got him for less than 2m. He's been my first choice left winger for several seasons and his technical skills are superb (only weakness is strength but who cares?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TOMetz said:

Absolute regen madness. Andoni Sanz, what a monster.

@bowieinspace I'm still way too impressed with the physical stats of your 18 year olds.

Yeah they are beasts. I have no idea why that's the case though as I'm not doing anything specific for that. Whether it's something to do with my HOYD, or even the fact I started this game back on the beta version. Genuinely no idea. I did have a look at my whole under 18s team and there's nothing particularly outstanding about their physical stats, so might just be the ones who have made it through to the first team coincidentally happen to be physically capable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have read this thread in all its glory.  I was thinking of starting an Athletic Club save.  I have only just got FM19 (I know, a bit late to the party, 4 kids are testament to that, I have no money!)

I have always known of Athletic's transfer policy and have always given it a wide berth.  I'm not that good a player of FM, I play for fun in my limited spare time.  I want a save that grabs me and keeps me hooked.  An Athletic Club save looks like the perfect challenge!

Thanks evryone for your input.  It has inspired me to take on Athletic Club!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're at that point where FM2020 is coming soon, so I'm going to start another Bilbao save for a few seasons and see where a homegrown only squad goes. I'll only sign players who've played for/developed at Athletic Club and not poach guys from Real Sociedad et al. In the new database with the Summer transfers, I suspect I'll be trying to sign Iturraspe back! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2025/26 Season Review:

Another season, another repeat?

La Liga - 1st

Copa Del Rey - Winner

Super Copa - Winner

Champions League - 1st Knockout Round

Arrrrgh! A great season with another disappointing European Campaign. This time we fumbled our last two group games to go through in 2nd place rather than 1st, that left us with a tricky first round tie vs Liverpool. We were easily the better side over two legs, but unfortunately we keep doing this....

B0c1jj1.jpg

Creating the chances, restricting them to very little, losing 1-2 at home. We subsequently won the second leg 1-0 at Anfield and went out on away goals. Becoming a familiar story :(

In the league however...we are quite good:

t7mAMx9.jpg

How on earth did we draw 4 and lose 4 with those goals for and goals against numbers? We are absolutely immense at destroying teams who push up when they go behind. Sadly when we go 1-0 down against a low block we do let ourselves down on occasion. Either way - we are good.

No transfers to note really but an update on some of our regens. I'm not posting Flano, Goni, Borja Borja for example as they are basically fully developed.

AOZUJ32.jpg

Great to see Thevenet making good progress again after his ACL injury. I think he will get to the 3.4 or 4 star level.

 

9Zd0wzM.jpg

Ander Carinanos has come on really well this year, really well balanced stats and nicely fits in to our system. 

 

eksLS9v.jpg

Egoitz Rodriguez - I've been training him as a winger (attack) as I think he has the attributes for it and could be trained into that position perfectly over time. We also have a solid number of classy, young attacking midfielders so this strengthens a weaker position. Inaki Williams is on the decline and I am tempted to let him go in the summer to give this guy a spot in the first team on the regular for next season.

 

paweT4o.jpg

New this year, Gaizka Pena who came through with the 'best of his generation tag'! A right winger, which is ironic given I've been trainign Egoitz above to fill that role. I'm going to stick to that policy though as it's still probably my best option. 

 

4Qi5RE9.jpg

Gorka Goni - the keeper who replaced Unai Simon in my squad and played back up to Kepa this year after 2 seasons on loan at Malaga. He's improved really well and has made superb saves whenever he has come in, although he did also make a few mistakes when on the ball costing us the odd goal. Working on developing his ball playing attributes to avoid that issue, but I think he will take over from Kepa soon as he's getting closer and closer to his level.

 

wrvesI9.jpg

Iker Ramirez - now our first choice striker...still heaps of room to develop so very excited to see him come on next season.

 

zgyyV2F.jpg

Finally it's Xabier Mancisidor, solid rotation option in our midfield. Still has some things to prove to me but he's going to be in my squad for years to come.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@bowieinspace Great work. Like you I find that the CL is much tougher than La Liga. I think the SF is as far as I've ever reached, and I usually get defeated by a stacked Premier League club. Some great regens, especially your GK. I like a GK with good physical stats (strength, stamina) and you don't often get them. I've put my full game on pause for now in anticipation of FM2020. With the latest update, Athletic Club are an even tougher gig as you've already lost Susaeta/Iturraspe; you don't even get the chance to transition them out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dothestrand said:

@bowieinspace Great work. Like you I find that the CL is much tougher than La Liga. I think the SF is as far as I've ever reached, and I usually get defeated by a stacked Premier League club. Some great regens, especially your GK. I like a GK with good physical stats (strength, stamina) and you don't often get them. I've put my full game on pause for now in anticipation of FM2020. With the latest update, Athletic Club are an even tougher gig as you've already lost Susaeta/Iturraspe; you don't even get the chance to transition them out. 

Yeah I'm excited for Fm20 with the squad transitioning a bit! 

I think it's to do with our tactical system. When we get a goal in front we tend to batter teams, which is perfect in La Liga. However when we are against stronger teams we either concede from few chances due to their quality finishing or struggle to get the same kind of game control. We tend to mostly do well but eventually come unstuck against someone, so getting through all the knockout rounds against big hitters tends to be a struggle for us. We are definitely good enough to win it, and I think it'll happen. I think once I win it this save will probably be done so I can have a break before FM20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@bowieinspace another good season. I need to get my team consistently posting 94-95 points (my best tally is 91) but I'm quite jealous that Barca and Real seem incapable of doing so against you at the moment.

I'm ambling on with my save - up to Jan 2025 now and in a 3 horse race. Lost to Barca 3-2 at home after falling down to 10 men so they have me on the head to head. I guess if we maintain this form we could be hitting 90+ points.

589664259_Screenshot2019-09-07at13_07_45.thumb.png.6a20e53dfc7e9d9a63c14a2dece279f7.png

Going to be a en exciting race but February looks absolutely disgusting :(

321344902_Screenshot2019-09-07at13_16_16.thumb.png.c12bec37e792c6640bcd838e016a2565.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question - do any of you play DLP with defend duty either in CM or DM? What sort of average rating should I be expecting here? I tend to see average rating of between 6.8-7 but nothing I would ever consider to be above average. Pretty much every other position (except GK) I have had players perform well (>7.2) at some point or other.

Interested to know as I have a particular player who performs at an average level but maybe it's just him (newgen)

Mikel Merino has done better but also plays around 6.9-7 in DLP (D) role in CM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/09/2019 at 04:14, dothestrand said:

@bowieinspace Great work. Like you I find that the CL is much tougher than La Liga. I think the SF is as far as I've ever reached, and I usually get defeated by a stacked Premier League club. Some great regens, especially your GK. I like a GK with good physical stats (strength, stamina) and you don't often get them. I've put my full game on pause for now in anticipation of FM2020. With the latest update, Athletic Club are an even tougher gig as you've already lost Susaeta/Iturraspe; you don't even get the chance to transition them out. 

Don't forget Ramiro and you lose him to Sociedad.

 

FM20 will be tough but as long as the researchers do their due diligence with the Athletic academy products (and other Basque prospects), we should be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maccataq said:

Question - do any of you play DLP with defend duty either in CM or DM? What sort of average rating should I be expecting here? I tend to see average rating of between 6.8-7 but nothing I would ever consider to be above average. Pretty much every other position (except GK) I have had players perform well (>7.2) at some point or other.

Interested to know as I have a particular player who performs at an average level but maybe it's just him (newgen)

Mikel Merino has done better but also plays around 6.9-7 in DLP (D) role in CM.

Funny enough, my current system does not have anyone but the centerbacks on defend. I play with a REG (which is being taken via rotation by Zubeldia and Merino)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maccataq said:

Question - do any of you play DLP with defend duty either in CM or DM? What sort of average rating should I be expecting here? I tend to see average rating of between 6.8-7 but nothing I would ever consider to be above average. Pretty much every other position (except GK) I have had players perform well (>7.2) at some point or other.

Interested to know as I have a particular player who performs at an average level but maybe it's just him (newgen)

Mikel Merino has done better but also plays around 6.9-7 in DLP (D) role in CM.

I don't, but I have done, I think low ratings in that role are pretty normal.

 

55 minutes ago, Jean0987654321 said:

Don't forget Ramiro and you lose him to Sociedad.

 

FM20 will be tough but as long as the researchers do their due diligence with the Athletic academy products (and other Basque prospects), we should be fine.

I don't think Remiro will be a big issue personally, I think Simon is a better keeper anyway and in my opinion was better in FM19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, maccataq said:

Question - do any of you play DLP with defend duty either in CM or DM? What sort of average rating should I be expecting here? I tend to see average rating of between 6.8-7 but nothing I would ever consider to be above average. Pretty much every other position (except GK) I have had players perform well (>7.2) at some point or other.

Interested to know as I have a particular player who performs at an average level but maybe it's just him (newgen)

Mikel Merino has done better but also plays around 6.9-7 in DLP (D) role in CM.

I think it depends on the tactic. I used Ö-zil's Sacchi tactic with Milan on FM18, Balanced / Very Fluid 4-4-2, Lucas Torreira as my DLP and he never averaged above 6.8 on the season yet we won the title three years running (and went unbeaten in only the 2nd season) with a ridiculously stingy defence. 

Given ratings are highly based towards "Key" things: passes / chances / goals for attackers, tackles / headers for defenders, and a DLP is generally not going to be the last man at either end therefore won't be scoring / assisting, and won't be making those "key" tackles / headers as those are generally made by the back line, he's only ever going to get positive stats from pass completion. 

But then on my current save, where I play Very Attacking and have a CM-De - DLP-De double pivot with Exploit The Middle further increasing their mentalities, my two rotating DLP averaged 7.24 and 7.18, because they're much more involved in play at the front end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About 6,7 is normal, the rating system don't really care if your guy made 100+ passes with 93%+ succes rate, the rating system is skewed towards things like key passes, assists, goals, headers, interceptions and tackles 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, zlatanera said:

Given ratings are highly based towards "Key" things: passes / chances / goals for attackers, tackles / headers for defenders, and a DLP is generally not going to be the last man at either end therefore won't be scoring / assisting, and won't be making those "key" tackles / headers as those are generally made by the back line, he's only ever going to get positive stats from pass completion. 

 

9 hours ago, Falahk said:

About 6,7 is normal, the rating system don't really care if your guy made 100+ passes with 93%+ succes rate, the rating system is skewed towards things like key passes, assists, goals, headers, interceptions and tackles 

Thanks both (and others who answered). This is what I have been thinking - it's quite difficult for them to get high ratings (same with keepers) playing that position. I just wanted to check whether I should be thinking about upgrading the player or tweaking my system.

I used to have a DLP in CM with support duty but I switched to defend to help protect my back line better. Maybe I need to spend a bit more time analysing what is happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, maccataq said:

 

Thanks both (and others who answered). This is what I have been thinking - it's quite difficult for them to get high ratings (same with keepers) playing that position. I just wanted to check whether I should be thinking about upgrading the player or tweaking my system.

I used to have a DLP in CM with support duty but I switched to defend to help protect my back line better. Maybe I need to spend a bit more time analysing what is happening.

If your team is doing well overall then I wouldn't stress too much - I've had similar things before where I've had a world class midfield playmaker, who despite being the best player on the team and being the hub of the team, never got good ratings because they weren't a big contributor to goals and assists. Equally in previous versions of the game full backs have been near impossible to get over a 7.0 and in others they would consistently get over 7.5 and win all the big individual awards.

Goalkeepers are the best example on this years game...impossible for them to get really good ratings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took some time off from this save, and FM, and decided to boot back up again. Was struggling to get some performers in my 4141, but the last few days I've gotten some quality results. Aduritz scoring two in a win versus Betis, going up 2-0 in 23 minutes before a 24th minute red card (awful call by the ref!!) saw me finish 2-2 versus Atletico.

It's a fun save.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bowieinspace said:

 

A bit of the old Lee Dixon there. I remember one own goal I had on the last game of the season (a title decider) when one of my guys played a 40 yard back pass in the last minute and the GK walked off. Luckily it wasn't costly as Real Madrid only drew but still...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, bowieinspace said:

If your team is doing well overall then I wouldn't stress too much - I've had similar things before where I've had a world class midfield playmaker, who despite being the best player on the team and being the hub of the team, never got good ratings because they weren't a big contributor to goals and assists. Equally in previous versions of the game full backs have been near impossible to get over a 7.0 and in others they would consistently get over 7.5 and win all the big individual awards.

Goalkeepers are the best example on this years game...impossible for them to get really good ratings

Yeah goalkeepers get a tough time. I have faced keepers who have made 14-15 saves in a match including 3-4 outstanding saves and they would get 7 maybe 7.1 rating!

Team is generally doing well but I sometimes wonder if my CMs could be better - although not something I can change too readily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished my first season with Bilbao

Sold Yeray in the first window for £20m to Athletico Madrid because he wanted to move there

San Jose also went for £6m in January as he wanted first team football

Not bought any players in and finished 3rd the 4 defeats in the league were to A. Madrid, R. Madrid, Barcelona and Valencia all away from home.

Youth intake was also amazing

I've uploaded my tactic for anyone who might want to use it

PtIDvhX.png

 

kGgPTrC.png

af2MJ4F.png

 

bnYJJAV.png

4EQ9DWT.png

 

433e.fmf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got any screenshots of the regens? Wow, you might be light at the back though as your third CB now must be Vivian - I guess you can always pick up Ramalho or Bustinza, they're quite solid. I only sold Yeray in my game when he hit 30 or so and was my fourth CB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll take some tonight of them although I am a couple of games into second season

I was using Vesga if I was desperate after January

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, MWE said:

I'll take some tonight of them although I am a couple of games into second season

I was using Vesga if I was desperate after January

Yeah my first thought was how light the squad looked, especially in defence...only 5 defenders! With European games I don’t know how you’ll cope for season 2, quite surprised you sold Yeray!

looks like a golden generation of newgens though which is awesome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeray and San Jose both wanted to leave so didn't want to keep them if they are unhappy

I've been using U19s to fill the defensive side of the bench for matches 

If Yeray becomes unhappy at Atletico then I will probably buy him back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...