FM19 Athletic Club - Aupa!

bowieinspace

5 hours ago, bowieinspace said:

No problem. You’ve only got to be careful with players over the age threshold who need to be registered for a squad to be eligible. I have found that making them available for the B team doesn’t mean they will get registered for that team. So you have to temporarily put them fully into the B team, register them on deadline day and then return them to the first team squad the next day

Registration period has passed but will makes some changes in January. @bowieinspace Once I've registered them do i still need to make them available or will they automatically be picked ? thanks

Edited by lfc7

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My B squad don't get any training. Even if I set training in the youth squad then move them up I think it's taken off. I'll have to move them all up, then fiddle around with the registrations. My B side won the second division last season but obviously couldn't get promoted - I think the quality of the coaching and the games they're playing in helps, but not getting that individual training bugs me. 

10 hours ago, lfc7 said:

Registration period has passed but will makes some changes in January. @bowieinspace Once I've registered them do i still need to make them available or will they automatically be picked ? thanks

You always have to make them available if you want them to play, registering them just makes sure they can be picked if made available

2 minutes ago, bowieinspace said:

You always have to make them available if you want them to play, registering them just makes sure they can be picked if made available

ok thanks makes sense now as few players I've made available are not getting any minutes 

Edited by lfc7

Just now, lfc7 said:

ok thanks makes sense now as few players I've made available are not getting any minutes 

Yeah it's a really annoying issue I've not noticed in previous years. It would be great if they added an option on the filters when looking at B team registration to show first team players. Right now unless they are fully in the B team squad, they don't show on the registration screen so you can't register them on deadline day..super annoying and it caught me out twice.

27 minutes ago, bowieinspace said:

Yeah it's a really annoying issue I've not noticed in previous years. It would be great if they added an option on the filters when looking at B team registration to show first team players. Right now unless they are fully in the B team squad, they don't show on the registration screen so you can't register them on deadline day..super annoying and it caught me out twice.

Well thanks to you at least i now know :lol:

Edited by lfc7

Nico Williams is starting to develop rather well for me. Has anyone tried retraining him? I'm going to try retraining him as an AML Inside Forward for some more flexibility.

2 hours ago, maccataq said:

Nico Williams is starting to develop rather well for me. Has anyone tried retraining him? I'm going to try retraining him as an AML Inside Forward for some more flexibility.

He is only 2 stars potential on mine :( 

16 minutes ago, Jean0987654321 said:

He probably has a variable potential. He is coming well for me but he is far from prolific up front. I may also consider retraining him or loaning him out to clear the way for another striker...

This is correct.

He's come on quite well for me, looks like he'll be a solid 3* striker and is playing a lot for me (rotating with Cordoba mostly and Villalibre has been their backup). I have a good regen coming through so that'll likely leave Williams as backup eventually depending on his final bit of development

13 minutes ago, bowieinspace said:

This is correct.

He's come on quite well for me, looks like he'll be a solid 3* striker and is playing a lot for me (rotating with Cordoba mostly and Villalibre has been their backup). I have a good regen coming through so that'll likely leave Williams as backup eventually depending on his final bit of development

I have played Cordoba as a LB so yeah. :p

Kodro and a regen striker from the B team has unseated Nico for me. Transfer windows are closed and we'll see what happens at the end of the year..

2 hours ago, Jean0987654321 said:

I have played Cordoba as a LB so yeah. :p

Kodro and a regen striker from the B team has unseated Nico for me. Transfer windows are closed and we'll see what happens at the end of the year..

LB! What is this sorcery! 

I'll try post a screen grab later but I promoted Nico to the first team squad (season 3) after moving him to the C team where he was scoring regularly. I make him available for the B team who are now in Segunda division and he does well. He is the first team squad mainly for mentoring so that's helping him and he is under the tutelage of Muniain.

His pace, finishing and first touch are all really impressive. He has poor crossing hence I don't want to train him as a winger but he has good inside forward qualities. He might just end up being a striker for me but I also have a lot of youngsters coming through in that position with high potential so there may be some tough decisions ahead.

I meant to say that his initial potential wasn't that impressive (maybe 2.5-3 stars) so whilst he does have a variable potential, it's worth trying to develop him as he is now 3-3.5 stars potential.

10 hours ago, maccataq said:

I meant to say that his initial potential wasn't that impressive (maybe 2.5-3 stars) so whilst he does have a variable potential, it's worth trying to develop him as he is now 3-3.5 stars potential.

I'd agree with this, I don't think he ever looked really exceptional on my save, but has just continued to develop well and scores goals whatever team he plays for

I'm finally back enjoying FM. Totally addicted of course :) Been enjoying reading this thread, looking at your progress.

Don't have much time to post, but jsut wanted to show off some my regens.

My squad going into the 5th season

I decided to buy only Basque players, but was a bit late in deciding it, halfway through first season. I had already bought Morilla and Nico.

I also made an exception for Rafa Lopez as he just looked way to good :D Signed him from Betis

146773986_AthleticClub_PlayersPlayers.thumb.png.44b21938be6270a446d0f3487f4613c0.png

Got a "Golden generation"  in the first season and these are two of the youngster. Two fantastic strikers. Pretty lucky.

599830239_JonLarrucea_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.aaeb19d540096d73d64f27dc5874e087.png1823161594_JonLarrucea_HistoryCareerStats.thumb.png.585031e3b5a543e8c2f4a5a2ef36fc4f.png

1417668472_JavierLpez_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.a810aa2031b539479866fed16eedcd2f.png

Some of my other regens.

24247547_RobertoAgirre_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.f344ee6a20316025a511e523827b38b6.png2021219714_MartnMateo_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.182c32d430b0a949bad253c89a6056cd.png1230606333_JulenOchoa_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.78785c3827c26548a44d9dcb4d836c7b.png1010642059_Koldo_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.38bdb6cf5396a8a70b58286e582ec313.png

594095565_RafaLpez_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.b8991eff0b0eaaf6bef15fb482f4b086.png

Problem area is left back with Yuri and Ganea getting older. Ended up buying Laporte for a crazy fee of £114m, and I'm re-training him. Have little cover for the future in wide areas in general, both defence and midfield with players good enough but not great.

On 03/05/2019 at 05:53, eple said:

I'm finally back enjoying FM. Totally addicted of course :) Been enjoying reading this thread, looking at your progress.

Don't have much time to post, but jsut wanted to show off some my regens.

My squad going into the 5th season

I decided to buy only Basque players, but was a bit late in deciding it, halfway through first season. I had already bought Morilla and Nico.

I also made an exception for Rafa Lopez as he just looked way to good :D Signed him from Betis

146773986_AthleticClub_PlayersPlayers.thumb.png.44b21938be6270a446d0f3487f4613c0.png

Got a "Golden generation"  in the first season and these are two of the youngster. Two fantastic strikers. Pretty lucky.

599830239_JonLarrucea_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.aaeb19d540096d73d64f27dc5874e087.png1823161594_JonLarrucea_HistoryCareerStats.thumb.png.585031e3b5a543e8c2f4a5a2ef36fc4f.png

1417668472_JavierLpez_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.a810aa2031b539479866fed16eedcd2f.png

Some of my other regens.

24247547_RobertoAgirre_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.f344ee6a20316025a511e523827b38b6.png2021219714_MartnMateo_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.182c32d430b0a949bad253c89a6056cd.png1230606333_JulenOchoa_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.78785c3827c26548a44d9dcb4d836c7b.png1010642059_Koldo_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.38bdb6cf5396a8a70b58286e582ec313.png

594095565_RafaLpez_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.b8991eff0b0eaaf6bef15fb482f4b086.png

Problem area is left back with Yuri and Ganea getting older. Ended up buying Laporte for a crazy fee of £114m, and I'm re-training him. Have little cover for the future in wide areas in general, both defence and midfield with players good enough but not great.

Do you still have Cordoba? He could deputize there for the short term

End of my 2nd season and just had PSG activate Williams 72m release clause. He's been decent for me but hardly a world beater.

Now I have a budget of 96m and not sure what to do with any of it. Madrid wont budge on their 88m release clause for Odriozola, Oyarzabal wont talk to me regardless of what I do or who I get to talk to him.    

2 hours ago, ben carter said:

End of my 2nd season and just had PSG activate Williams 72m release clause. He's been decent for me but hardly a world beater.

Now I have a budget of 96m and not sure what to do with any of it. Madrid wont budge on their 88m release clause for Odriozola, Oyarzabal wont talk to me regardless of what I do or who I get to talk to him.    

Oyarzabal is a very tough one, you have to be very patient and get a bit lucky. Odriozola is more a case of waiting until he drops out the team (if he does). It's a bit save dependent that one.

Do you have Merino? You may just have to be patient

I've got a real problem now...

1979607230_Screenshot2019-05-07at22_51_18.thumb.png.d1efb65dde5444507d140dea3daea08a.png

Not to mention I still have the original Gorka Perez in my B team, although I'll probably let him go soon.

I think I need to crowd source some nicknames! :)

10 hours ago, maccataq said:

1979607230_Screenshot2019-05-07at22_51_18.thumb.png.d1efb65dde5444507d140dea3daea08a.png

Not to mention I still have the original Gorka Perez in my B team, although I'll probably let him go soon.

I'll throw a vote in for Gawk at Pears. Closest play on words I could think of

On 07/05/2019 at 17:55, maccataq said:

Check to see if any of them have middle names and just use that initial in the middle...

17 hours ago, Jean0987654321 said:

Check to see if any of them have middle names and just use that initial in the middle...

7 hours ago, zlatanera said:

Probably would turn out to be Gorka P. Perez and Gorka G. Perez

I did check whether they had other surnames which is common in Spain but sadly both were simply Gorka Perez

Just finished my 3rd season and only managed 4th but we have some reasons to be cheerful as I have 2 wonderkids coming through and already delivering:

1959940311_Screenshot2019-05-11at13_19_21.thumb.png.9107324078383d7232688c5ec5ca7807.png1752857391_Screenshot2019-05-11at13_19_46.thumb.png.98603543666ef6aa95493a82b98abfdc.png

I got to the cup final for the 2nd time but again finished as runners up, this time to an extra time goal against Real Madrid. The wait for silverware goes on!

Has everyone managed to keep hold of Inaki Williams? I'm going into my 4th season and Real Madrid came in for him and I priced him out of a move and now he's unhappy. He wants to join them as they have a strong squad and I failed to talk him out of it. He keeps handing in transfer requests but I reject them.

I feel like we would really suffer if I sold him as I'm a bit weak at RW (predominantly play 4231) with my only other senior option being Unai Lopez but he's inconsistent and more natural at AMC. Muniain, De Arrascaeta and Cordoba aren't natural at RW although they can do a job. I'm not sure Oteo or Artola can step up although they have some good technical attributes. I have a couple of newgens who could step up long term but I don't think they're quite ready yet.

I've also got my eye on Ibai Gomez who is more of a LW but his crossing and set piece attributes are very impressive (plus he was an old favourite from my FM15 save). We are scouting Oyarzabal but getting him would be a long term project. Urretaviscaya and Hervias both represent decent options but neither are great options.

Any thoughts? Interested if you've found success with any of the aforementioned players.

6 minutes ago, ThePietu said:

Liverpool matched his release clause of 80 million so I sold him. Ibai Gomez has been a good LW for me! 

I managed to raise his to £100m but the offers I have had come nowhere near, not that I tried to negotiate much other than asking for £100m.

Have you tried Ibai on the RW by any chance? 

59 minutes ago, maccataq said:

I managed to raise his to £100m but the offers I have had come nowhere near, not that I tried to negotiate much other than asking for £100m.

Have you tried Ibai on the RW by any chance? 

No I haven't but I had Susaeta as my RW for a while! 

Inaki had a good season for me, that's why Liverpool bought him but that left a real dent in my attack. 

11 hours ago, maccataq said:

Has everyone managed to keep hold of Inaki Williams? I'm going into my 4th season and Real Madrid came in for him and I priced him out of a move and now he's unhappy. He wants to join them as they have a strong squad and I failed to talk him out of it. He keeps handing in transfer requests but I reject them.

I feel like we would really suffer if I sold him as I'm a bit weak at RW (predominantly play 4231) with my only other senior option being Unai Lopez but he's inconsistent and more natural at AMC. Muniain, De Arrascaeta and Cordoba aren't natural at RW although they can do a job. I'm not sure Oteo or Artola can step up although they have some good technical attributes. I have a couple of newgens who could step up long term but I don't think they're quite ready yet.

I've also got my eye on Ibai Gomez who is more of a LW but his crossing and set piece attributes are very impressive (plus he was an old favourite from my FM15 save). We are scouting Oyarzabal but getting him would be a long term project. Urretaviscaya and Hervias both represent decent options but neither are great options.

Any thoughts? Interested if you've found success with any of the aforementioned players.

He has a release fee of at least 80m, probably higher - nobody has ever bid anywhere near it. Clubs often try to lowball you, but I can usually fob him off and he always signs new contacts/doesn't get too disruptive. In my game, he's approaching 30 so eventually I'll move him on, on my terms though. 

21 hours ago, ThePietu said:

No I haven't but I had Susaeta as my RW for a while! 

Inaki had a good season for me, that's why Liverpool bought him but that left a real dent in my attack. 

I ended up letting Susaeta move on. I've survived the transfer window but he's still unhappy. I'm hoping he'll get over it but I might have to start planning his succession.

Hey everyone not had much time to play lately, but thought i would update how i am getting on as i have now reached January.

Save is going a lot better than i thought it would. My target for the season is to get any type of European football for next season. Now i know most people can probably finish top 4 easy enough, but as i said previously i am not great at the tactics side and haven't played the full game for a while. After 14 games top 5 of us were tied on 31 pts, but i played game 15 after not playing for a while and ended up getting my second loss of the season 1-0 away to C.Vigo  

I then won my next game before the break which now leaves the table like this......

image.thumb.png.09d99646dee6bca90e302dd7e159646c.png

Here are some of my favourite results so far, i really should of beat barca :(

404586404_2-1resultrm.thumb.png.cbfb2e0bc57171bf7c54bb4569b3abb8.png2-3image.thumb.png.df24c42a3f5a88a9976cb01d36c890ac.pngimage.png.9dee0cfcc65b067ed63146559613cc94.png

Over the next week i play Real San Sebastian away then home in Spanish cup 5th round and sandwiched in between that is A.Madrid away in the league. must say really enjoying this save :)

On 16/05/2019 at 07:49, maccataq said:

There's no one out there who will be a good replacement, others are forced into RW from other positions. Just hold firm and he will come round

8 minutes ago, bowieinspace said:

There's no one out there who will be a good replacement, others are forced into RW from other positions. Just hold firm and he will come round

He did come round luckily but he's developing concerns that he wants to play for a bigger club so the Jan transfer window is going to be another time to batten down the hatches!

On 16/05/2019 at 15:30, maccataq said:

I ended up letting Susaeta move on. I've survived the transfer window but he's still unhappy. I'm hoping he'll get over it but I might have to start planning his succession.

I played Susaeta as a RWB before shifting him on in the 2nd season for 10M. He was ok there but he was getting old and in the way of younger guys development

On 20/05/2019 at 01:45, Jean0987654321 said:

I played Susaeta as a RWB before shifting him on in the 2nd season for 10M. He was ok there but he was getting old and in the way of younger guys development

Yeah I moved him on after my 2nd season but mainly because he wanted a move away as he wanted a new challenge.

When did everyone move De Marcos on ? Feb first season and he wants to leave to go to China as they are willing to offer him mega wages 

Willing to pay me £19M only problem is he would leave right away and I have looked on bringing in boveda as his replacement who has a £6M release fee but obviously he wouldn't join till July 

Edited by lfc7

16 hours ago, lfc7 said:

When did everyone move De Marcos on ? Feb first season and he wants to leave to go to China as they are willing to offer him mega wages 

Willing to pay me £19M only problem is he would leave right away and I have looked on bringing in boveda as his replacement who has a £6M release fee but obviously he wouldn't join till July 

I didn’t move on from de Marcos until 2021 and at that point I got very little for him as he started to decline quite a lot. I’d likely take that offer since it won’t likely be there in 6 months.

One RB to look at is Martin Aguirregabiria from Alaves. I think he is a guy who was buffed with recent patches. $13M release clause, not up to Odriozola’s level, but a lot better than the other basque RB options. 

2 hours ago, kevbk6222 said:

I didn’t move on from de Marcos until 2021 and at that point I got very little for him as he started to decline quite a lot. I’d likely take that offer since it won’t likely be there in 6 months.

One RB to look at is Martin Aguirregabiria from Alaves. I think he is a guy who was buffed with recent patches. $13M release clause, not up to Odriozola’s level, but a lot better than the other basque RB options. 

He decided to stay :lol: thanks anyway shall look him up 

22 hours ago, lfc7 said:

I'm in Jan 2022 and still have De Marcos - he's been a good servant. I have moved on Capa and kept Lekue who rotates with De Marcos.

I have 2 high potential newgens coming through at RB, 1 I bought in (Basque) 1 from intake and ODM's contact expires at the end of the season so will let it run down before making my choice. So I'm lucky with my future right back situation plus Odriozola is unhappy at Real so i could sign him but not sure I will. Left back is more of a concern though.

Anyway, I know you've resolved the situation but sometimes what I do is lock the transfer date to be the end of the season so i can secure the sale and not be left short. I ended up selling Iturraspe to China in my first season but did this to keep him until the end of the season.

2 hours ago, maccataq said:

I'm in Jan 2022 and still have De Marcos - he's been a good servant. I have moved on Capa and kept Lekue who rotates with De Marcos.

I have 2 high potential newgens coming through at RB, 1 I bought in (Basque) 1 from intake and ODM's contact expires at the end of the season so will let it run down before making my choice. So I'm lucky with my future right back situation plus Odriozola is unhappy at Real so i could sign him but not sure I will. Left back is more of a concern though.

Anyway, I know you've resolved the situation but sometimes what I do is lock the transfer date to be the end of the season so i can secure the sale and not be left short. I ended up selling Iturraspe to China in my first season but did this to keep him until the end of the season.

Thanks i did think of setting till end of season but forgot :lol:

Just had Youth intake and these were the best 4 :D

image.thumb.png.bc260abb7fd54ae4f7eb62ea5256df29.png

image.thumb.png.8f2dfb506ac73b855a86c7a6178113eb.png

image.thumb.png.78b741a4d8abd5d25848981b0e379c60.png

image.png

What do you guys think ?

Edited by lfc7

20 hours ago, lfc7 said:

Thanks i did think of setting till end of season but forgot :lol:

Just had Youth intake and these were the best 4 :D

image.thumb.png.bc260abb7fd54ae4f7eb62ea5256df29.png

image.thumb.png.8f2dfb506ac73b855a86c7a6178113eb.png

image.thumb.png.78b741a4d8abd5d25848981b0e379c60.png

image.png

What do you guys think ?

Looks like a great intake, great personalities too!

I would kill for 1 high potential left back but 2, wow!

4 hours ago, maccataq said:

Looks like a great intake, great personalities too!

I would kill for 1 high potential left back but 2, wow!

Shocked to get so many. Hopefully see them in/around team within 2-3 years ha

Did anyone else struggle with finances first season ? I am about £2M in red at start of April and haven't really bought anyone although I have given ontracts to quite a few people. Maybe it's not having any European football.