Sports Interactive Community
Showerman

FM19 Guardiola Challenge

1 minute ago, Kazushi80 said:

On my save: January 2021 and he's still ManCity-Manager.

We have a winner!

In mine he left the job voluntary to take over Arsenal in July 2021.

EfWwOow.png

For Man City he finished 2nd, 1st and 2nd again.

8tODGrd.png

For what it's worth, I'm not managing in the Premier League so that is all AI.

Edited by XaW

8 minutes ago, XaW said:

EfWwOow.png

For Man City he finished 2nd, 1st and 2nd again.

8tODGrd.png

For what it's worth, I'm not managing in the Premier League so that is all AI.

Is Premier league simulated in full detail? or is it just the normal playable league simple simulation?

1 minute ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

Is Premier league simulated in full detail? or is it just the normal playable league simple simulation?

niKkFnF.png

Yeah, full detail.

It's been exactly the same through all my saves in FM18 - and I'm a lower league manager just peeking in. In FM18 United with Moanie always dominate - have reputations been tweaked in FM19 or is that the same too?

4 minutes ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

That needs a tweak. Managers shouldn't jump ship to other clubs mid contract when there's such little reputation differences between the clubs. 

The mid-season merry-go round needs addressing too. Interim managers & pre contracts should be used 

2 hours ago, corn_onthecurb said:

Managers shouldn't jump ship to other clubs mid contract when there's such little reputation differences between the clubs

Waiting for Mourinho to rock up at Real in 3....2....1....  :D

3 hours ago, corn_onthecurb said:

That needs a tweak. Managers shouldn't jump ship to other clubs mid contract when there's such little reputation differences between the clubs. 

especially since...

Pep Guardiola says "it would not be possible to train another team in England like Manchester City."

City won their first league title under Guardiola last season, becoming the first team in Premier League history to reach 100 points.

Guardiola said: "I will be Mancunian for the rest of my life. I feel the love from the people here."

he got sacked at end of first season city finished 4th but won the champions league & he still got finished, he's been replaced by sarri who won the league with Chelsea & pochettino got sacked in February first season replaced by rafa benitez & now pochettino is in charge at Newcastle just the usual senseless merry go round in first season, would be good if manager movements was more realistic as theres no way pochettino would ever rock up at Newcastle at the end of this season when he's one of the most highly regarded coaches in the world at the moment & constantly linked with real madrid when that jobs available not relegation battling sides.

He was sacked during the first season on my current save. 5 games into my second season and he is currently at Spurs. I cannot see him lasting long there as he has had a horrendous start including a 3-1 loss to my Leeds team.

9 hours ago, corn_onthecurb said:

The mid-season merry-go round needs addressing too. Interim managers & pre contracts should be used 

To be fair, Arsenal had just won the champions league and Emery got poached by Barcelona. So they replaced him with Pep.

10 hours ago, XaW said:

niKkFnF.png

Yeah, full detail.

Mind letting me know how I could find that page? Have been trying to find it myself to no avail. 

4 minutes ago, SazoJohnno said:

Mind letting me know how I could find that page? Have been trying to find it myself to no avail. 

VHNWmAZ.png

Just finished the first season. He won the league by one point over Liverpool. Chelsea third. United just got 4th. 

As an aside, Real and Barca both had new coaches by Christmas. 

10 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

God is he still useless in FM19 too?

Technically not him that's useless, I'm sure his CA is up there among the best, it's the style of football not being translatable to the FM match engine.

It's not just him, it's every big club in Europe. City, Barcelona, PSG. None of them are anywhere near their real life counterparts. One of the biggest failures of the match engine imo.

Pep is doing well on my save, Man city won the league in the 1st season, plus lost in the champs league final to Juve. So far halfway through the 2nd season and they are 2nd in the league only 2 points off the top. 

Also for people saying about Man utd domination in fm18, they finished 3rd in the 1st season with no trophies and are so far 3rd in the 2nd season.

They're doing pretty attrocious in my save. Lost to Spurs, Liverpool, Huddersfield and West Ham. Down in 9th in early October. Won their last three though, so maybe a switch up is on the cards.

11 hours ago, Ji-Sung Park said:

Technically not him that's useless, I'm sure his CA is up there among the best, it's the style of football not being translatable to the FM match engine.

unfortunatly he uses wingers instead of IFs which meens they are crossing the ball all the time for the midgets in the box. they constantly have more than 40 crosses/game on my save. 

irl eventhough he plays Sane, Sterling, Gabriel on the same side as their preffered foot they are defenetly not traditional wingers. add the through balls, especially those in transition are non-existatnt you have a ME that deffenetly doesn't suit their style.

I'm in January 2020 and he's still City manager. Won the EPL and Champions League in the first season and is top of the league again.

I'd be interested to know how the performance of teams like City depends upon whether the user has the Premier League on detailed or not. When I made my post, above, I had not turned on full detail for the PL, but I have now. I'm going to see if it makes much difference.

25 minutes ago, anagain said:

I'd be interested to know how the performance of teams like City depends upon whether the user has the Premier League on detailed or not. When I made my post, above, I had not turned on full detail for the PL, but I have now. I'm going to see if it makes much difference.

I didn't have full detail on when he won it on my save (I'm playing a save in Germany rn.) Have actually just changed the settings for the PL and the other big European leagues so I'll see what sort of difference that makes next season. 

There's one thing I want to add - and something directed at a lot of the talk about this club not performing as they should or that player not performing as they should - and that's that I think of FM as a different world to real life. Different clubs are dominant and different managers or players are the best. 

I know it's probably a cop out, but at the end of the day FM is a game.

Not that this is areally a grumbling thread. Just thought I'd add it.