Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
corn_onthecurb

Premier League Winter Break

Recommended Posts

I've reached February and I have a two week gap in the fixture list with no inbox message and the players are still training as normal 

Is there supposed to be a news item about this? Aren't the players supposed to go away on holiday?

 

Edited by corn_onthecurb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the way they've done it is correct. This way you can send them on holiday - just don't schedule any training - or use it for recovery and tactical sessions, or go on a money-spinning friendly in the far east etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

I think the way they've done it is correct. This way you can send them on holiday - just don't schedule any training - or use it for recovery and tactical sessions, or go on a money-spinning friendly in the far east etc.

Has anyone played in a league with a winter break in previous FM's? Does the same thing happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

I think the way they've done it is correct. This way you can send them on holiday - just don't schedule any training - or use it for recovery and tactical sessions, or go on a money-spinning friendly in the far east etc.

I believe the agreement in place between the clubs and FA/PL is the money spinning friendlies are not going to happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, monkeywool said:

I believe the agreement in place between the clubs and FA/PL is the money spinning friendlies are not going to happen. 

I'll believe that when I see it. All I saw was a press release saying they wouldn't. I'm sure there'll be a "Development Camp" that just so happens to be in China instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

I'll believe that when I see it. All I saw was a press release saying they wouldn't. I'm sure there'll be a "Development Camp" that just so happens to be in China instead.

There can be development camps, just friendlies in the far east or US will be unacceptable to the PL according to the articles I have read. After all the clubs have lobbied for this to give their players a rest, so if they don't, then it'll just get scrapped after the 3 year trial period. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, corn_onthecurb said:

Has anyone played in a league with a winter break in previous FM's? Does the same thing happen

Yeah theres just no fixtures. The players don't go on holiday or anything.

Unless it's a massive break like in Russia their winter break is 3 months. Then they go on holiday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, RocheBag said:

Yeah theres just no fixtures. The players don't go on holiday or anything.

Unless it's a massive break like in Russia their winter break is 3 months. Then they go on holiday.

Thanks for confirming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dosever said:

Why don't more players test themselves in mainland Europe?

What is this in regards to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...