Sports Interactive Community
knap

FM 19 Wulf 41311 442 PF Pilgrimage 451,4141 442 and Flat 451 Knap

Knap, hello! What is the best tested tactic at the moment? You made a great job, but your fans need some more information.

No tactic has been tested over 180 games.

Most of the current tactics are all over 100 pts with the most p107, and the top dog to under dog list.

TIME is a no PI tactic - PIGRIMAGE was a Fluid tactic from FM 18 and BEOWULF was a FM 16 tactic. The underlying philosophy of the tactics are different. FM 19 has lost a lot of tactic characteristics and is now very bland and insipid.

They relate to settings or style of the tactic, although a tactic like BEOWULF is from FM 16, all BEOWULF Tactics use the same basic underlying setting no matter what formation.

Examples

ROUTE 66 Very direct passing

STARGAZING Hit early crosses

TIME No PIs

ARGUS This relates to the Structured team shape in FM 18

GOODBYE Very Fluid Team Shape in FM18 and minimum TIs

DARK SIDE Maximum TI s and PIs.

I do not under dog test as results are more subject to variables, but the formation should suit under dog teams more than a 4231.

Posted (edited)

Just posted this on the Discord, but have been testing this new one (the argus KNAP 41131 P108 a few posts above) with FC United (1st season) and great results so far (played 7, won 7) - my squad is far from amazing too, most pre-game predictions go against my team (was 4th when i started testing, now 3rd).

As suggested, so much variance with stats so low in general but it's by far the most solid tactic i've tried in this division (have conceded 32 in 29 games, but only 1 in the last 7 using this tactic). I would describe my guys as 'creatively challenged' - the trend has been lots of chances but few clear ones/conversions, but they've been making and scoring a lot more regularly with this too. Appreciate 7 games isn't a great sample, but such is the turnaround it's worth noting.

EDIT: Played a couple of the top teams in my league and found that playing 'offside trap' was causing me some issues with the dreaded long ball over the top so disabled it to good effect. With better players naturally I think i'll turn it back on.

2nd Edit: Had a few issues next day weirdly - the change was like night and day so moved across to Knap's 4411 and had GREAT success! If any llm wannabe's are interested then head across for details!

Edited by optimusprimal82

Knap, in ARGUS 451 P110, could you please check if the attacking right corner setup needs correction. I changed it as I was caught off guard by opponent strikers. Now it is symmetrical to left attacking corner setup.

I notice that despite 1 fb being told to stay back this does not always happen. In general the set pieces still have many bugs.

The left corner left full back should be taker and right right full back.

If a problem do not have takers set up.

Hello everyone,

I share with you my results and my team from Bournemouth for the year 2018/2019. I made some transfers to improve it, but I still tried to keep some players from the club. :)

Bournemouth S2-2.png

Bournemouth S2-3.png

Bournemouth S2-4.png

Bournemouth S2-5.png

Bournemouth S2-6.png

Bournemouth S2-1.png

I am currently using 19.2.1 Argus and I have a positive goal difference of +111 and only played 28 league games so far. I am just belting everyone. It's brutal.

This is with Real Madrid in 2023. I wouldnt even say it's that good of a squad either, I've just taken over this season.

You would have to outline what you consider is needed in FM terms.

P108ALLCUPS Home P110 451 Away BEOWULF 424 if needing a goal.

Because tactics like the 424 works for underdogs, it is more formation preference.

1 minute ago, knap said:

What is considered a good result with Spurs?

In terms of overall season? +130 goals scored and under 30 conceded would be my guess :D

I would have said that last year but they don't appear to have 100pts consistently in them this year.

Edited by knap

23 hours ago, knap said:

I would have said that last year but they don't appear to have 100pts consistently in them this year.

90 or +90 is good enough aswell.. winning is winning

4-5-1 PILGRAMAGE WOW!

League 1 Rochdale.

Played 14 unbeaten, featuring a 5-0 Away win at Sunderland and a 7-0 home win at Bristol