FM 19 Wulf 41311 442 PF Pilgrimage 451,4141 442 and Flat 451 Knap

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I am very committed to maintaining tactics and this is from last year, but others from FM 16. The basic settings remain the same but get tweaked for each patch if necessary. Simple answer, highly likely especially if someone is using it in their save.

8 minutes ago, knap said:

I am very committed to maintaining tactics and this is from last year, but others from FM 16. The basic settings remain the same but get tweaked for each patch if necessary. Simple answer, highly likely especially if someone is using it in their save.

thank you for answer. I will try!

!!!!FM19.3.2BEOWULF442WF9KnapP107.fmf

I use ! to move tactic to top of tactic list in game so can easily be found.

19.3.2  -Is the patch I made the tactic on

Tactic Name - gives an indication of TIs and PIs (These mostly stay the same no matter what formation) eg TIME has no PIs.)

442 Formation

W F9 gives an indication of roles (I nearly always use WB BPDBPD WB DLP and BBM so added to this are wingers and F9)

P107 Pts scored on test indicating potential

TH Sometimes added if tested with Spurs

ALL CUPS As well as winning league also won all cups.

Usually top and latest tactics are first in OP and under heading of latest patch.

I would add that lasy year the best independently tested tactic was made on 18.2.2 and was P102. Older versions and lower pt scoring can sometimes be better than the headline tactic.

Hi Knap, first post here. Big fan of your tactics :)
What I like the most in FM, are 451 en 4231 formations. I really like your latest Beowulf 4231.

Can you make a 451 with a DLP as DM ? Maybe with a BBM and CM(A) or MEZ to complete the midfield? W/IF/ST-roles are less important to me.

Thanks for the reply.

Actually, I like different MC-roles. Not a big fan of two MEZ.
Maybe it doesn't fit in this Pilgrimage-tactic. You've had a Beowulf FM18 tactic that was 4-5-1 with DLP/BBM/CM(A). That was my favourite.

knap, any interesting/weird tactics you can share? Not necessarily outperforming, I just wanna have fun save with some top tier club. I remember last year you had something like 4-1-5 with straight defense line, 1 midfielder, 2 trequartistas on the inside positions and 3 forwards? That one was fun as hell to play.

I have a tactic called wings which uses a WBR/L MR/L and RMDR/L with no strikers.

or TIME 433 which has 3 fwds and MR/L

Not tried them in 19.3

Edited by knap

1 minute ago, knap said:

I only consider positions, so any good fast forward will be fine. The roles just tweak the tactic set up.

Ok, don't you take any notice of the green/red role familiarity ratings??

2 minutes ago, knap said:

No - look at my wingers I used as an example.. 

What level is your club?

I am still on my MK Dons save. 3 promotions on the bounce using 424 and with just a couple of loans so about to start PL with basically a L2 squad. Got a bit of money but not enough for a complete overhaul of squad. 4141 seemed a sensible change to make. Any advice?

I just find it unrealistic that fact that you can't get PL quality players and end up using a L2 or L1 quality. On the plus side always good to have someone at the club that has played at all levels.

4141 or 442 P103 EC with DLFs and the 424 if you need a goal/

9 minutes ago, knap said:

I just find it unrealistic that fact that you can't get PL quality players and end up using a L2 or L1 quality. On the plus side always good to have someone at the club that has played at all levels.

Unrelated but in your opinion what is your best tactic currently? Thank you in advance and thank you for all your work!

2 hours ago, knap said:

I can get some quality but since I only have 3m I am going to need buy wisely and maybe loan well, maybe go for potential.  Usually find the game doesn't seem to like it if you buy too many players at once.

Going to take your advice on the formations, cheers.

12 horas atrás, knap disse:

Why do you want to change role?

The players on my current team don´t have accomplished at Complete Foward.. but I think they are doing ok on the Complete Foward role.

Just asking if there is another role in that position that doesn´t mess up the tactic

Thank you!

From a player point of view most roles are interchangeable. You can set roles up with mostly the same instructions. The roles play a key part in the tactical set up, which is why changing them is not advisable but retraining a player to suit role helps.

• 2 weeks later...